Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!
Can someone tell me where you find scopes better than red dot? I find half a dozen red dot sites each map, but rarely anything with some zoom. Really enjoying this game so far though, having never played this genre before. I was always turned off by the general shittiness (bugs, crashes etc.) that was reported or the sideshow of having zombies.

Second night of playing, roughly my fifth match ever I got first place. Jumped into an empty part of the map completely by accident. I've now looked at the spawn map and realize it was probably a place that didn't have many weapons. Kept moving with the circle without ever finding anyone and picked up a UMP, tons of 9mm and a red dot, not much else along the way. Cowered in a building on the outside of the circle until I was forced into the open field with tall grass and hay bails. Just crawled through the grass until I spotted a guy hiding behind one of the bails and zapped him from no more than 15 meters. Same deal with the next guy, same deal with the last guy. They all thought crouching/standing behind cover was better than just crawling through the grass for some reason. Since that win, I definitely play a lot more cautiously, knowing that it'll keep me alive.

Mauser fucked around with this message at 01:57 on May 1, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

Wait, how many planes are there dropping people off in the beginning? Only one?

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

Ok, this makes a lot more sense now. For some reason I thought there were planes coming in from every angle each match and I just got spawned on a random one.

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

Does anyone else read the company name as "Butthole" every single time it shows up on the screen?

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

Someone tried to use the crossbow on me and I looked around, but couldn't see him, so I looked at the direction the arrow was lodged in the house next to me and rushed the rock he was hiding behind and sprayed him with my UMP.

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

I would love a filter on the inventory when you're picking up stuff, especially off of corpses, that either doesn't display clothing or shows it greyed out or sorts it to the bottom. Any sort of customization for the display of a stack of items would be nice.

Also, second duo round ever with my friend and we magically started off in the final circle. We both had to do some tactical piss breaks due to a lot of beer having been drunk, and ultimately came out with a win after fending off every attack on our building in pier town.

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

drat, saw my first lag armor or something. Dude was crouch sidestepping 6 feet back and forth without passing through the part in the middle. Had a bunch of other really good games so I wasn't even mad, but drat I will be happy when they smooth some of the edges on this game.

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

Got a couple's dinner tonight with my buddy despite being woefully unprepared for end game. I didn't have a vest or helmet until 20 some were left and I took the ruined tier 3 gear off a dude and filled up on ammo and finally some crucial meds. Highlights included my buddy and I both getting knocked down several times and then him screaming at me that I moved while he was trying to revive and me accusing him of letting go of the key.

Found a small plateau that was centrally located until the final few circles and we watched as fury road happened below with motorcycles rolling on their owners and Dacias spinning majestically through the stratosphere. End game was an open field but our side was better and we shot them both in the head

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

Game is unplayable with lag for me tonight.

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

I am sure this has been said 100 times in this thread already, but let me shoot over the rock while looking down the sites, not into it. I lost a shoot out because the other guy had the advantage of not having any cover to block his shots.

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

Zo posted:

take two steps back bro

I think this is might be an issue where the boundaries of the terrain not corresponding to the visual, but I can give it a shot. I was far enough back to be able to raise the rifle, so I assumed that was far enough until I fired the first two or three times. Also thought the lag issues were better after playing a little, but I just watched my health bar get cut in half a good half second before any sort of indication that I was being shot at or getting hit. Frustrating night and sorry about complaining, but I really like this game and I hope they follow through with their promises.

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

VulgarandStupid posted:

It's not. It has more to do that the aimpoint is 6 inches above the barrel, just like on an actual gun. If your barrel would be in the rock, you'll raise the gun instead. If your barrel is aiming into the rock, you can still see over it with your scope, but your barrel is still pointing into the rock. Also you'r head is still exposed.

Ah ok, yeah I know how it works on an actual gun, but programming that into the game seems counter intuitive and weird once you're able to pull your gun up. I took the advice for when I was shooting over a wall and started to hit it as I tracked him (easier to see when you start out on target and lose it due to wall) aaaand

edit: won it in the usual way, without having proper gear for the end game aside from an AR silencer this time. No meds and nothing greater than a 2x scope and a lot of running

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

drat, got screwed by a tree blocking my third person view when I went around a corner to gun down a guy running up. I've bound first person to middle mouse, but haven't gotten used to switching to it yet.

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

My buddy and I accidentally did a duo match in squads and were really confused after the first 5 or so guys we took down. Ended up getting 12 kills between us and got hyper screwed by the circles, but good times were had even after he went down from a head shot and I had to chase down a circle on my own and could only kill 2 out 3 of the guys watching my side. 10/10 would relog into the game still squaded up from the night before.

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

My friend insists that we towards the end in duos we find a central one door shack and camp it because he says that's what all the good streamers do. I really hate these stupid huts because you have zero cover when shooting and moving and you're tripping over each other trying to get out and everyone knows you're there. Is he right and I'm wrong or am I right and his strat sucks rear end and I hate it?

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

Speaking of shotguns, are they planning to fix the pump shotgun reload -> first left click means I rack a shell into it and die to the second guy I see in the school instead of splattering his brains on the ceiling?

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

Has anyone chased down a crate, waited for it to land, fought off all the attackers only to discover that the crate hit the top of a tree and never came down?

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

VulgarandStupid posted:

Players stop rendering at 1km I believe. I hit a guy from Pochinki church who was on the hill south of Rhozok with an 8x Kar. He then back peddled a few steps and unrendered but his guns were still floating in that spot.

Is this related to the draw distance setting or no?

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

What is the barrel attachment on the new AR? Normal rifle attachments don't work. Sorry if this has been asked, im 100 posts back

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

Are people getting the duos FPP bug where you don't have your team mate on the HUD and when one of you dies the game just ends for both of you? We tried at least a dozen times after we figured out what was happening and we couldn't play it and had to go back to 3rd person.

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

Does anyone have a suggestion for FOV setting in first person mode?

I put it on 103, but noticed after a few matches that I can't see poo poo and that beyond about 30-50 yards the enemies heads, bodies and limbs start to lose thickness and enemies end up looking like stick figures regardless of other video settings.

I dropped it down to 90 and I can now actually spot enemies like before. Why are the graphics in this game so lovely?

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

Mauser posted:

Does anyone have a suggestion for FOV setting in first person mode?

I put it on 103, but noticed after a few matches that I can't see poo poo and that beyond about 30-50 yards the enemies heads, bodies and limbs start to lose thickness and enemies end up looking like stick figures regardless of other video settings.

I dropped it down to 90 and I can now actually spot enemies like before. Why are the graphics in this game so lovely?

Just replying to my own post: got my first FPP dinner thanks to this btw. Actually able to see people = really helpful

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

I didn't see anything in the patch notes about fixing the relatively common glitch where buildings are invisible and I can see/walk/shoot/drive through them. :(

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

Restart your client?

Yeah, sure, except that there are people out there in matches right now that basically get a wallhack noclip on a somewhat consistent basis (me included).

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

Just out of curiosity, is there a reason why they went with a motorcycle helmet for level 1 instead of a helmet that would actually provide any sort of real protection? Shouldn't level one just be some steel bullshit from Vietnam instead of the shiniest plastic piece of garbage?

Edit: I recently just discovered that push to talk was not enabled for in game voice. I am really curious how long this has been the case and how long I have been broadcasting to the world me talking to my cat.

Mauser fucked around with this message at 11:55 on Sep 16, 2017

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

my first ever video that I bothered to piece together from the shadowplay highlights. Unfortunately, I wasn't recording the entire thing so there's a cut which misses some action where I shot at people, but didn't kill any. Would have been more successful if we weren't missing first aid the entire time

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/175849634

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

I wouldn't mind having a leaderboard for each match I've played showing how many players got what kills etc. I'm really curious how the matches unfold and if it's mostly people killing 1-2 players each or good players making GBS threads on everyone else.

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

A recent win:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/180049873

I still think we should have taken the car :colbert:

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

FiftySeven posted:

I had a similar win last night, the last guy just didnt manage to make the circle in time and the game ended with me asking what the gently caress happened. Not the worst way to get some dinner i guess!

It's not my first win to the blue, but it's always a little disappointing not getting those final kills. In another 2 v 1 finish with my buddy, we had the guy trapped in a wizard hut, with me flanking behind and my buddy sitting in the new circle. Guy gets out of the tower and hops and dances and runs around behind when we start shooting him, then he just runs back inside and lets the blue kill him :(

I'd rather go down shooting every time. I manged to get a kill against a duo because I knocked the guy that had a primed grenade and he blew himself and his teammate up despite me getting riddled with bullets from the other. Always go down shooting!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

Has anyone bothered to write up some duo or squad tactics beyond identifying target positions and other basic stuff? I would be interested in reading that as long as it doesn't come from someone who exclusively plays 3rd person.

• Locked thread