Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
Just started playing this two days ago. If you're in a duo do you only play on the duo server against other duo's or is there a chance you get mixed in with groups or solos?

Also I hopped on the discord thing but have never used Discord before. Is it better to throw out my steam link for grouping invites or just use discord chat?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Linstar posted:

No, reread the chain of comments. Someone said they are sure red circles always clip a player. Someone else told him that's not true evidenced by late game redzones in the blue where it would be impossible for a player to be, thus providing evidence. Then you jumped on shitposting saying it could clip a player 98% of the time opening up the conversation to useless information so that you are technically correct.

We know for a fact red zones are not always on a player, therefore you cannot use redzones as information on player locations. That is the only relevant information.

You are way too invested in this. Just shoot dudes and chill out.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

If you hop on discord and there's a room with 3/4 is it cool to just hop in and group up or should you ask in text chat first? Wasn't sure what goon-protocol was there.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Got my second #2, still looking for a chicken dinner. drat it gets your adrenaline going.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

So why do the reward crates sometimes reset their cost? I was up to a 4th tier and the next time it was back to first. Still got new items though.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

fargom posted:

uhhh bluehole no doubt has server data to correlate user reports, it's hard to deny data that shows an individual making a B-line for a certain streamer every time he is in a game with said streamer. The real question is how Bluehole will use automated methods to ban vs real life humans checking server logs, ect.

Sounds like they have a threshhold to auto ban and summit's chat crossed the line, hopefully a review will overturn the ban if there is no server position data to back it up. Bluehole is gonna need to make a change if this is the case, however, because streamers will always result in mass reporting of a potentially innocent person.

But how often could you get into a game with the same person in a day realistically? Maybe twice? There are so many games happening at once the idea some guy could repeatedly troll a youtuber enough to earn a ban doesnt seem real.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

fletcher posted:

It's not that simple when a big part of a streamers success is their interactions with the fans. The delay is very bad for those interactions.

What interaction is there in this game? Are they doing a chat vote of which house to raid next?

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

fletcher posted:

All sorts of things, watch a stream and see for yourself.

Nah I value my time more than that. Can't you name just one yourself? Especially with a list so long?

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

fletcher posted:

All these people that apparently don't give a poo poo about streamers certainly want to know a lot about them. Is it like those prominent anti-gay people that inevitably end up in the headlines with some meth fueled gay massage scandal?

So you got nothing. Check.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Are they resetting any other progress tonight or just the leaderboards?

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

abigserve posted:

If you're playing squads you should be singing out if you need anything and otherwise not calling out loot for sure. Stuff that's extra like gun mods or extra ammo, just pick it up and when you have some downtime announce it (like in a car or when running somewhere) then distribute it.

Another video of this week's shenanigans, very short video because I tried to get all the highlights that weren't flicadowriss 360degreenoscope plays.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2IYCQQIN1w

See you guys are playing it right. Just have fun man.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

emanresu tnuocca posted:

This makes no sense of course but congrats for your hyper hearing I guess?

Do you think people mute the plane sound because it starts making their ear bleed or perhaps just because it's unpleasant and very loud compared to the rest of the in game audio?

What?

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

I'm confused here. Let's say there's some cutoff that is "too loud" that's unhealthy to hear repeatedly. Having your volume set such that the plane, the loudest thing in the game, is under this volume means that everything else is going to be *well* under this volume. Instead, you can turn your volume up such that something else is just under this volume, and mute the plane. Now you hear guys that you would not have heard had your volume been lower. How is that not an improvement? I think the plane is a poor choice of things to calibrate around.

The game is aiming for some realism here, its not all that complicated. In real life some noises are much louder than others. Yes you can mute stuff but thats like turning the brightness all the way up in Doom because its "too dark". Its meant to be that way.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Hamelekim posted:

footsteps are everything in this game. So if you can put the volume high on that, and mute the louder sustained sounds when needed why not do it? The shortcut makes is super simple to do on the fly.

You should read my whole post and see I already answered your question.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Hamelekim posted:

But it is a form of cheating. If I know where someone else is based on their view and onscreen map I can kill them more easily than I should be able to.

It's basically a wall hack.

Not even close. If I'm playing poker and the guy across from me decides to show me his hand and I bet accordingly I'm not cheating.

Played the test server just for honks, god it's so much fun. You can just lay on the horn all day long and it's the best. Also got a vss for the first time ever and holy poo poo the bullet drop is crazy. Managed to hit a guy about 400yds out and felt pretty happy about it.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

fletcher posted:

It's early access, no need to get your panties in a wad

Sorry, we thought this was the thread for the game and talking about the game.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Discospawn posted:

Shooting into the river. You must never do this.

:pusheen:

Horn honking still the best.

Neon Belly posted:

When this game goes full can we please keep these pages of complaining about bugs and streamers?

It's guaranteed because they will never stop whining. Our honking/shaming them is just a natural reaction.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

fletcher posted:

If you are going around honking on peoples streams it may be a good time to take a step back and re-evaluate what you are doing with your life. You may in fact be a loser. :(

For someone who is tired of hearing about streamers you sure mention them in every post. Most people don't give two shits if a streamer is in their game or not, they just want to honk and have a good time.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Hockles posted:

Exactly this.

Yes but how could PU start collecting fat key monies if it doesn't go live asap?

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

aniviron posted:

The rain feels far too loud. It's so deafening I can't hear cars over it until they're right on top of me. That never happens unless there's a hurricane going on. Rain should not be competing with gunshots and cars for loudness. I can understand it making footfalls harder to hear (though really people should be splashing and sloshing about, which is a lot louder) but it's far too loud in other situations.

You should go outside in a heavy rain more often.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Did Dr Disrespect get back in PUBG? I remember the uproar when he got banned but it seems like he's still making videos.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Just confirming the Discord overlay doesn't work on this game? Tried a few different options but it never shows.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Nfcknblvbl posted:

You only have up to three other teammates to talk to, is it really that hard to remember who's who?

What an odd thing to be a dick about. Actually yes it can get confusing especially if a couple teammates voices sound similar. And even more so if, like me, you don't play with the same 3 people all the time.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

willroc7 posted:

:downs: Level 2 helmet on me

:):On who?

:downsgun:: Me

Yeah this x1000000

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Nfcknblvbl posted:

I didn't mean to be a dick about it, I assumed you've developed a bit of a dependence on the overlay with possibly higher player pools like 25 man WoW raids or something.

Introducing yourself to 3 players and playing a couple of games together shouldn't get confusing.

Not everyone has used Discord before or played WoW. Myself being one of them.

Like others have mentioned it's pretty easy to get confused with only a couple of teammates.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

ILL Machina posted:

Casual reminder that chocotaco is a fellow goon, the goodest streamer, and you're physically harming him every time you watch someone else if he's on. Thanks -mgmt

He's pretty great.

Also I just confused a rock and a tree so time to take a break.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Chard posted:

:lol: this guy sucks a whole lot

No kidding, even his live chat (which I'm led to believe is extremely important) was telling him to go.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Tried out FPP for the first time. Tried a duo and the guy dropped before we jumped from the plane so it was a great start. Hit the prison and actually managed to clear it by myself getting 4 kills. Drove around in a buggy for a bit which is crazy disorienting when you flip it. Grabbed another and drove around a bit until I flew off a cliff. Thought I had landed sideways so went to get out and was still in the air so died from falling damage. Good times!

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Danyull posted:

I really wish they would add in an indicator of where the first circle is going to be when you're on the plane still. This game is kind of starting to get stale because my only options seem to be either dropping in Pochinki/School or rolling the dice on whether or not I'm going to spend the rest of the game running to catch up to the circle while never having anything but a shotgun and a level one vest. Sometimes if I'm too far from the circle and I can't find a car fast enough to stop this from happening I'll just quit the game right then because it's not fun to be holding Shift+W for 15 minutes straight, stopping only to heal my rapidly deteriorating health.

That first circle is pretty drat big. Can't imagine running for that long, especially without finding transportation along the way somewhere.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Does the end date on the limited time crates mean they will be unopenable after that or just won't be in game to buy anymore?

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Chard posted:

This is a new one on me. Anyone else seen two crates at once before?:

Were they both dropping? I've seen them get stuck in the air before.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Nathan Wind posted:

Giant Bomb is messing around with custom servers. They are about to run a fast circle double fist crossbow server.

It's pretty awesome. The spectating options are really fun especially the last couple of circles.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

I want to be able to see in a drat window that my face appears to be right in front of.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Redundant posted:

People know this. Some people are cool with sitting behind a wall waiting patiently for the action to come to them and others want to go chasing the action. tpp highly favours the former, fpp enables the latter. Luckily people don't have to choose so it's not a big deal and everybody can carry on enjoying the game however they want. What a world we live in!

Username/post combo for the posting chicken dinner

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

My main issue with the crates is that they should focus on fixing bugs and completing the game first.

Theres the moral side too that its scummy in a non-ftp game and its just a lame cash grab but I like capitalism so whatever.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

tehinternet posted:

"heh ur dumb" shitposts.

poo poo in, poo poo out

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Groovelord Neato posted:

i didn't know there were countries worse than america.

Edgy stuff there

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Groovelord Neato posted:

about as edgy as saying the moon revolves around the earth.

:thejoke:

I've started dropping at the school like others have suggested. I usually get 2 kills before dying which is fine for me. Plus I can get killed quick and get back out there! The long middle game is almost boring to me now.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Digital Jesus posted:

Bought 5 gamescom crates. Got the women's tuxedo crate and the black skirt. Curse this lock out period before being able to sell poo poo!

I broke down and installed the app on my phone. Initial 7 day waiting period but insta-sales now!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

One week hold on newly opened items, won't appear in your inventory if you're in the sell area of the market. One week to verify your steamguard suckaaaa. No quick money for you!

I just went through the two week holdout, I feel you

I didn't know if you sold items from crates you still have to wait a week. I've just been selling the crates which I can sell immediately. Usually by the time I hit the button on the phone app and refresh the steam page it's sold and I've got the cash.

• Locked thread