Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Can a 940M handle this game (shittily)? My friend wants to play on his laptop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

Gay Horney posted:

Do you run faster with gun put away or lower encumbrance?

You run faster with gun away, not sure about encumbrance. I don't think encumbrance matters, I've been watching people play this on twitch and I've never heard anyone talk about it.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

I finally caved and bought this and I am so bad. I haven't played an fps in years. Kinda wondering if I should play​ some CS just to practice shooting at people.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

VikingSkull posted:

In CS you can overcome bad positioning with aggressive play and good aim, but in PUBG you're much better off being cautious and not shooting at all if you can help it. It's almost never beneficial to move from point A to point B in a straight line, which means you have to preplan where you're going, you need to look around you and then use what you can to get there with the most coverage possible.

All the aim practice in the world won't help you if you don't plan a way to get to cover and set up the shots you take.

I get what you are saying, but at some point there is going to be a fight. I feel like I'm fairly OK at moving around without being shot at, I just try to emulate what the top streamers do and I have gotten several top 10s but that was just by being sneaky. My aiming is really disappointing, especially in a stressful situation. There isn't much chance to practice shooting in this game since I never want to attract attention. It would be nice if this game had a shooting range or some kind of training mode.

This game is exhilarating, the sense of danger is there all the time and the stakes feel high.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

Vault mechanic will be sick, jumping over fences is really annoying right now.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

In my last game, I found a car and boat immediately and decided to take the boat to the other side of the map. Looted up, and went to leave figuring I would have to med once along the way but no big deal. Except I immediately beached my boat on the rocks and had to try to run half the map (~2km I think?) to the circle, popping meds all the way and hoping to find a car. Didn't make it.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

If only you could have run the last guy over.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

Concurred posted:

I hope PU keeps up his zero tolerance rule for hate speech, they monitored every BR server and would permaban people for first time offenses. Got rid of a lot of lovely people.
I hope so, I ran into some lovely racist fucks as a 4th joining a premade 3. It would be nice if there was a report button.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

Bardeh posted:

having massively ugly sprites everywhere on lower settings.

Sure, why not?

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

Yeah it works ok, just drop from lobby if they don't answer/don't have mics or are dicks. The biggest problem is that a lot of people are using other voice apps so you miss out on most comms, hopefully they remember you and you at least get the important stuff.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

I hate listening to people before I drop though

Change your chat channel to team-only.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

Hulebr00670065006e posted:

Anyone else randomly gotten the sound like you are taking heavy damage without you actually taking any damage (while looting a house alone etc.)? Scared the poo poo out of me several times this game.

I've seen it in streams, but I thought they fixed it because I haven't seen it in a few days.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7M04TQN4g7Q

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

god drat it is so satisfying in duo to get "ambushed" by two guys when you see the door open up and you 360 shotgun them both and take no damage

what are some good tips for duo y'all have found, I know "finding a house with only one set of stairs up" is a pro tip for every game mode, but starting out do you both head to houses very close by? the same house?

obviously the dacia is the fastest car, but does the jeep provide more protection?

I think it's a little easier to see the people in the jeep, but it's pretty obvious where to shoot at all the cars if you want to hit heads. I always try to loot different houses than my duo unless it feels really dangerous or it just wastes quite a bit of time, but I try to stay somewhat close so we can back each other up.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

Whats the trick to getting scopes to work? I put a red dot on and it worked one time I zoomed in, the rest of the games my guy just half assed raising his gun up to aim and both my 4x and red dot didn't work.

Tap the right mouse to look down sights, hold for 3rd person aiming. Hold shift while looking down sights to steady and get a bit more zoom.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

Mursupitsku posted:

Is there any chance that this game runs on a laptop with i7-7500U, Geforce 940MX and 8GB memory? I think it clears the recommended requirements but I fear that's not gonna be enough. This game seems like the perfect game to scratch my Dayz itch.

Might work ok with -sm4 launch option

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

Tommy gun can come in the airdrop crates.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

Real-world 00 buck is 8 or 9 pellets, each with roughly the energy of a 9mm handgun bullet.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

Sultan Tarquin posted:

Sometimes its the little things that annoy the hell out of me but I know it's hopefully going to get fixed. I heard fast moving footsteps outside the building I was in so I knew there was a guy out there. In the split second that I looked out the window he managed to sprint up the stairs, open the door and shoot me in the back without me hearing a single loving thing. I guess having your back to a door means it makes no noise? :psyduck:

There was a fix for footsteps audio in the last patch, but the patch was rolled back. I believe doors were part of that, too.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

XyrlocShammypants posted:

There are many times where Sacriel, Summit, and others win with 0, 1, 2 or 3 kills only. Many with 0, 1 and 2

Winning strats include "flying really far away so you land alone" and "taking a car to a far away city to loot" and "being on the non-populated side of the circle so you don't have to fight"

If you are going for maximum ranking like those streamers you mentioned, you can't use any risky strategies, especially strategies that are risky at the beginning of the game. An early death costs a lot of points on the scoreboard. Watch ninja if you want to see someone that gets a lot of kills.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

VikingSkull posted:

It totally did. I watch a bit of Twitch here and there and I had never heard of this game. In one weekend it blew the gently caress up there, and now it's selling like gangbusters.

#3 simultaneous players on steam for a few days now

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

Atheist Sunglasses posted:

i haven't played with the new audio patch, but everytime i play I fear the moment i'm going to jump the gently caress out of my seat when I get shot at. It can be completely silent with birds chirping and then your dude will suddenly scream AGHHh at about 15x the normal volume and no shot/bullet sounds. it's about as annoying as cheap jump scares in movies

If you are talking about the fake damage bug, where it sounds like you get hurt but don't, I heard you can take off and put on your vest to stop it.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

Akion posted:

Is there any way to tell where the play area will recede to before you jump, or is it just luck not to wind up on the other end of the map?

Also - shotgun house camping early game is really fun. Your level 2 armor aint doing poo poo for a load of 00 Buck to the face.

Being in the middle of the current circle makes it more likely you will be in or close to the new circle, but AFAIK the new circle placement is random.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

Doorknob Slobber posted:

Kill cam would be nice, but only for solo play. I managed to wipe an entire squad by myself last night with the double barrel and a grenade. I was like solid snake sneaking around walls and poo poo, even with the new super loud footsteps they didn't notice me. That gun is great because you can kill people in the two shots it has in it.

Kill cam in squads could still work if you had to wait a bit to see it.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

have any specific examples? Ive played a decent amount recently and have never been killed in suspicious ways, if they're cheating theyre doing a drat good job of hiding it

I posted a cheat video earlier. Seems like that at least lets you know where players are when behind walls and gives auto aim.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

Thom and the Heads posted:

it would be dope if there was any visual indicator at all of what general direction you were being shot from.

getting two shot to death out of nowhere in a top 10 suuuucks and it's happened to me like 6 times now

In the recent dev blog, they mention that they are aware of this problem. But they only mention it in passing so don't hold your breath.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

Akion posted:

one guy didn't say anything
A lot of people have voice set team-only or mute so that guy probably didn't hear you say anything.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

Tekopo posted:

You gain inventory capacity if you wear clothes.

AFAIK only the belt actually does.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

I heard a some weed baby went pro already.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

It still ducks down to pickup if you use right-click in inventory, so to do it fastest you have to left-click drag. They should make it the same for all methods.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

Wouldn't the hitbox just stay the same? Can you shoot someone in the backpack?

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

Bullet drop does exist. This twitch clip posted earlier shows it

e: If you go to the video this clip is from, and go to time 7:07:30, you can see him figure out the drop by watching the bullet impacts and adjusting

oh, he also mentions in that video that you can hold LMB to keep the sights up when shooting the kar98, which is something I didn't know before

taqueso fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Apr 17, 2017

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

Those changes are pretty much all great.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

Nfcknblvbl posted:

What does this even mean, are they louder, quieter?

I'd assume they fall off faster or are attenuated by walls more since you could hear footsteps in nearby buildings​ after the last patch.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

Some good ones that weren't in the list above:

quote:

- The dead team-mate icon will now disappear after a certain time and distance when in team modes
- Map markers are now visible to all teammates
- You are now able to move sideways and backwards in the REVIVE state
- The REVIVE timer will no longer decrease when a team mate is attempting to revive you
- You are now able to open the world map when spectating
- Fixed a bug that caused bald characters to have hair
- Fixed a bug that caused the hit effects to play at random

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

pubg steam marketplace

Anyone have camo gloves? I found some on the ground yesterday, but none on the marketplace.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

Bohemian Nights posted:

IDK post patch since they mention changing up the footstep sounds there, but the only thing I know for sure makes a difference is that there's a different sound for running barefeet vs with shoes, and the former seems a whole lot quieter

Right now, barefoot makes some really loud sounds on certain surfaces

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

Canuckistan posted:

Anyone have a summary of suggested video settings and INI changes?

They killed ini changes in a previous patch. AFAIK, go very low on everything except textures and view distance.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

Zoidomania posted:

What do you guys think about adding death-markers in the game? Obviously it would make the game much easier and a lot less tense since you'll have more information about who is alive/where the people are still alive will be (which is mostly why I bring it up). However, I think it would also allow for more strategic gameplay as opposed to hoping that the path you're taking is not into someone hiding behind a tree, 3rd person peeking you. The death-markers probably wouldn't be global as I think that would way too OP, and doesn't really make sense realistically. So I was thinking there could be a set distance (vision radius for example) where if someone's corpse enters that radius, it shows up on your minimap. GL in you games, friends.

I think you are supposed to watch and listen and use that information to decide which way might be clear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

What is a custom match in this game?

• Locked thread