Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

I've gotten a rainy match twice out of a total of 86 matches.. So yeah, kinda rare

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

Are you looking on top of the containers? And in each of those little guard towers?

Fun things to do with a ghillie suit and buggy

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

Hockles posted:

Even better if you stole that jeep from somebody who stopped to loot a house.

Or you already had a jeep so you just switch over to the passenger seat and shoot a tire as you pass :sun:

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

Herstory Begins Now posted:

90% of the time I've seen anyone try to use a molotov they just end up lighting themselves on fire.

The other 10% of the time it just paints a giant flaming arrow in the sky pointing to their position

Athanatos posted:

Take a molotov for end game tree campers. It flushes people out quick

Wouldn't a frag be better, in that it might actually kill them?

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

I actually killed someone with a successfully utilized stun grenade. Dude was camping the top of the stairs in a small house, just staring down at the only way up. Instead of risking him getting the drop on me, I tossed a stun at the bottom of the stairs. I knew it worked because he immediately started firing his AR at nothing and panic running around the bedrooms :v:

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

Ihmemies posted:

I lost my faith in playerunknown.. lol getting banned from playing the game? Are the devs actually retarded or what? We should invite the devs to discord and show how their game is meant to be played :commissar:

It's a temp ban. Probably like 24 hours or something.

Count Bleck posted:

So it turns out that nobody actually checks unmoving cars for people inside. The middle back seat of a covered truck is loving perfect for this.

I managed to murder a few people who just paid no heed to the conveniently parked trucks alongside roads they're running past.

I actually killed a guy who jumped in and started driving too. That was the best. :allears:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2xB3pV90Bk

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

Popete posted:

I need a script to bind crouch to Left Ctrl? What is wrong with this game?

It's in active development?

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

My friend gets people to kill themselves:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoA3poakCak

Don't worry all the good players will disappear pretty quickly, just don't play for a few days if you're that worried about it

If you stop playing for a few days, do you start dropping to a lower mmr? or is it just that the more active players will raise their mmr? This is important to me because I played a TON the first week I got it, and figured out playing like a coward would get me to the top 10 relatively frequently against lovely players, and now I'm playing against dudes that actually know how to shoot a gun and use cover and i'm being universally demolished. Like going 50 games without a top 10 finish, or a whole night with like 1-2 kills.

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Why is getting kills even preferable? In solo, every kill except the last one sounds like an error to me.

Other players are giant bags of loot, and if they kill you first, you can't win. I'm not saying be rambo, but taking opportunities when they present is probably a good idea

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

DrPlump posted:

Move all crate items to current high quality loot spawns.
Move all high quality loot to medium quality spawns.
Add rocket launchers to crates.

:pray:

I need to introduce some jeeps to hot carl

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

abigserve posted:

To be fair PUBG isn't a full priced game, it's 30 bucks.

I was saying to a mate if they ever introduced micro-transactions to pubg that'd be it - it'll be one of the biggest games of all time. That's because people love PUBG, and people also love gambling and customization. Think about the fever that was TF2 hats or still is CSGO weapon skins.

If you're paying more than 30 bucks for a game 99% of the time you're a goddamn fool

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

I was just thinking about the movie jurassic park and I realized how much better this game would be if we could drop on that island. With all the dinos, of course.

Now I'm sad this doesn't exist

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

Sultan Tarquin posted:

1st person mode is actually pretty great. You can move around without being worried about the other guy getting info on you without exposing themselves. Except for the game I just died in because the school didn't load in for the guy shooting at me so he could shoot me through 3 walls :thumbsup:

Yep 1pp is really loving cool and I may not go back to 3pp at all unless they don't add it for squads

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

cougar cub posted:

I had assumed that first person would go to squads after being tested. Has there been any news that it won't?

Oh, I have no idea. I was just thinking of the immediate future

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

Macarius Wrench posted:

I would watch a billion hours of people streaming videogames on twitch before watching one episode of whatever bland, boring, uninteresting tv show, filled with vapid talentless hacks is the flavour for this specific month.

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

nachos posted:

I like how fpp needs to be called out as a beta in an early access game, that's some next level poo poo

Yeah I found this really loving funny. So does the beta-ness multiply for the fpp servers? or is it additive? wtf bluehole we want answers

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

The lag hasn't been to bad for me. Hell I've been doing better than ever in solos

It's gone completely now as far as I can tell

Someone just needs to tell the thread if the duo fpp poo poo is fixed as well

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

HatfulOfHollow posted:

I can't believe how long it took me to figure out that hip firing is nearly useless. So many times I'd hipfire and completely miss my target only to have them kill me with a few well placed shots. Seems like that sort of thing should be spelled out. The reticle makes it seem like hip firing should be somewhat reliable. But no.

Well it works when you have an uzi and you hold right click and get up in their loving grill

Or also stand still. But yeah past like 10m probably just ADS

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

I haven't done any bush-hiding since I started playing 1pp. Is it even possible to stay concealed while getting a view of your surroundings? I'm always convinced some part of me is sticking out when I cant spin my camera around to check

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

The Mash posted:

Bad news on the horizon apparently

(https://www.reddit.com/r/PUBATTLEGROUNDS/comments/6tlj5g/blueholekakaogames_to_sign_publisher_agreement/)

But let's keep talking about how reneging on the no-paid-content-in-EA-promise is no big deal

Doubtful. Lots of games have region-specific publishers. Like Path of Exile with their Chinese Garena realm that doesn't affect development elsewhere. The sky's not falling yet.

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

RizieN posted:

I'm color blind :( Red/Green is hosed for me and Blue/Purple/Indigo are basically shades of the same color. gently caress you guys and your perfect eyes.

I will, however, accept the ghost explanation, especially over "gas"

:ghost:
Man, you're leaning really hard on that "being a dog" gimmick

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Yeah I'm excited for when movement in this game doesn't feel like I'm a potato awkwardly bumping into other potatoes.

well yeah but it's eastern europe. it's intentional

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiqqC_fbP1c

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

Tightens the reticle and reduces spread. Try it with smgs for fun and profit

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

They really are.

I just did a thing with one
https://gfycat.com/FearlessBareIggypops

how do I embed that?

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

Memento posted:

add .mp4 to the end of the link, and "giant", "fat", "small", "tiny" or "zippy" in front of the url depending on the size you want

So your link with the fastest load time is

It still looks huge on my screen but I think it's the lowest file size there

Also that kill was loving sweet

Thanks!

Zigmidge posted:

Keep posting gfys they're the only good part of the forums anymore.
Highlights is making it really easy to make these

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

was playing solo fpp. there's a concrete shed in the zone so i'm figuring someone's gonna be in it. pull the pin on my stun, grenade sails in the window. sprint up and slam open the door...there's just a dude sitting blinded in the corner. doesn't even spray when i start dumping into him.

wtf? do flashes render you way more deaf than i realize?

Completely deaf for a few seconds, in my experience being flashbanged that one time in 100 hours

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

please don't post gameplay of third person while pretending you did something

Cool Guy With Opinions strikes again!!

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

hawowanlawow posted:

Any way to keep shadow play from picking up VoIP?

There's a button to turn off recording your mic entirely, does that help? Or does it record discord/mumble from your squadmates? I don't actually know if it does

e- Ha, I just checked one of my duo recordings from last night, and I guess it's recording my buddy but not me. I kinda want an answer to this as well

Hooplah fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Aug 23, 2017

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

KirbyKhan posted:

Do you believe those hotpants are gonna hold value? You are holding on to the first generation iPod Nanos of video games. A better pair will come out and the amount of people with enough crazy brains and cash to pay 250$ is finite.

But the gambler in me is saying "Let it RIDE"

This is pretty much my thinking about it. The instant they announce the next pack and it has some silly chase thing in it the current popular silly things will probably crash a bit

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

I think the current map is plenty large for 100 people. No more interminable fields please

or are you implying the new map is gonna be significantly smaller than what we have now? I can't tell

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

Yeah, basically. You never get better at not instantly dying when you get caught with no cover. Instead you get better at knowing where you shouldn't go

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

Why am I still able to buy Gamescom crates? The rewards prices rolled over and I'm still able to buy them. At least I'm able to buy a couple more, but it looks like that crashed their price by about $.50 so far, and probably more in the next few hours

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

Oh never mind, the crates aren't available now.

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

Hahaha, this is reminding me so much of my loot goblin non-aggression friend group so much. I try not to play with them too much anymore. They purposefully avoid closeup encounters/hot zones because they're "bad at gunplay" :negative:

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

NerdyMcNerdNerd posted:

It is counter-intuitive for most people. They think they're going to get better at fighting by playing more, but they're not confident in winning so they avoid fights. They're focused on winning individual games. I was doing that before I started dropping on cities for practice.

If only I could break my habit of turtling up in a house looking to catch people in the streets.

One of the guys I play with, one of the ones that's always really conservative and avoids fights, has now started blaming the game for being janky and complaining that the whole clip of bullets he put into that guy's head didn't kill him. I'm sitting there spectating, saying no, actually you hit him once and sprayed wildly after that and he killed you. He's not having any of it

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

You can turn off the dumb matchmaking and just drop solo

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

Posting pubg.me links is extremely triggering to people that only play 1pp mode.

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

While the honking was really loving funny, the people actually doing it were brokebrained idiots and I don't really care what happens to their accounts. Imagine sacrificing your free time solely to annoy someone you'll never meet

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

Next week's new gun should be cool, but I think we're still missing out not having a lever action. It'd be pretty neat to get a winchester 1894, and they could even use the one chambered for .45. Would be fitting in the new American southwest map.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

Mini-14 or Mk14?

Having not used the mini yet, it's like the sks, as it takes sniper attachments and is single fire. But it has less recoil and higher muzzle velocity and uses 5.56, like the M16. So it's somewhere in between. Probably fits a niche closer to the sks.

Actually, does anyone know if it has higher muzzle velocity than the M16?

Mk14 on the other hand is basically just a beefier sks with no foregrip but with a bipod

• Locked thread