Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OYKbzdgjh0

The timeline thus far...

1881: Nobleman George Joestar, honoring his "friend" Dario Brando, adopts his son Dio Brando as per the man's dying wish. His son, Jonathan Joestar, deals with sweeping changes to his life brought on by Dio.

1888: Death of George Joestar and the fire that burned down the Joestar manor. Dio Brando becomes a vampire. Across the next week, Jonathan Joestar, with the aid of Robert E.O. Speedwagon and William Anthonio Zeppeli, put an end to an undead plague in Windknight's Lot, seemingly destroying Dio.

1889: Jonathan Joestar and Erina Pendleton marry and take a cruise to America to celebrate their honeymoon. While traveling across the Atlantic Ocean, Dio Brando, little more than a head, along with undead minions, attack the ship in an attempt to take Jonathan's body. Jonathan sacrifices himself and has the ship explode, destroying everyone aboard the ship except for Erina Pendleton and a baby girl.

1938: Joseph Joestar begins finishing the job his grandfather started, destroying the last of the Stone Masks and those who created them with the aid of Caesar Anthonio Zeppeli.

1942: Holly Joestar is born

1967: Holly Joestar marries Sadao Kujo, adopting his last name

1971: Jotaro Kujo is born

1980s: Joseph Joestar awakens to Hermit Purple, and coins the term "Stand" during a trip to Egypt.

1992: Jolyne Kujo is born

1998: A band of former U.S. soldiers from the Marines, Special Forces, and other branches are discharged and form a private military contractor known as Fleet Foxes, an army of Stand users, headquartered in Miami.

2001: Fleet Foxes receives its first Stand-based job from overseas. The Italian Mafia gang, Passione, is wiped out across a period of 72 hours with the help of Bruno Bucciarati. Its leader, Diavolo, and his daughter Trish Una are unaccounted for. Bucciarati becomes second-in-command of Fleet Foxes.

2008: Penance, a small town near Land's End in London, begins a new campaign by then-mayor Bachman Turner in response to a series of murders by rogue Stand users. The "Take a Stand against injustice" initiative offers screened citizens the opportunity to apply for a Stand and to register its abilities, allowing Stand-users to be regulated and both protected and properly punished by due process of the law. Fleet Foxes is hired by former lover and aide to Turner, Pete Schilling, to quietly eliminate Bachman Turner under the guise of providing security for Penance. Diana Brando, a partial clone of Dio Brando made from the smallest remains of Dio hidden away prior to the cruise in 1889, is fully formed, and awakens to the Stand [Princes of the Universe]. With the aid of Joseph Joestar and Jethro Carreido Zeppeli, a group of Stand-users (and a Ripple-user) lead by Joan Joestar and Joey Higashikata kill Schilling and destroy his Stand Arrow, leaving only 4 in existence. Diana Brando uses the services of a precog Stand to achieve the Heaven mentality.

2009: Bachman Turner is sentenced to 40 years in prison for conspiracy and reckless endangerment. His secretary, Madonna, is sentenced to 10 years for conspiracy, with bail available after 3 years.

2010: Diana Brando cures themselves of vampirism, believing they do not need it any more. Vampires are now extinct.

2011: Diana Brando's Brando Corporation, a pharmaceutical company, achieves Fortune 500 status, quickly climbing the corporate ladder and crushing all competition in its wake. Branches are formed across the United Kingdom and United States. Bruno Bucciarati and Saladin leave Fleet Foxes. Captain Jack, riding off of the success of the Penance operation they led, takes over. Several Fleet Foxes members, numbering roughly thirty-five to forty-percent of the total, leave due to the change in leadership. The Miami headquarters remain operational.

2012: Studying the last non-SPW-owned Stand Arrow, a new drug is released onto the black market in Miami, claiming to provide those who take it with a Stand. The side-effects are untested and unknown, but the allure of power is too great for some to resist. Start of thread's events.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With the history out of the way, here's the present-day scenario: this game, as best as I can sell it, is going to be JJBA meets Parasite Eve meets Metal Gear Solid. Deal with both Stand-users and horrible abominations that look like they came from John Carpenter's The Thing. If that sounds interesting to you, then by all means, sign up! This game is going to be using this variant of the FATE engine, as a previous game used the FATE Accelerated engine and found there were sometimes not enough Aspects to tag or means to get at accomplishing a task. It is also going to be a Play-By-Discord game, wherein I set up a Discord server and the pace works by Play-by-Post rules, except now it's in a far easier and less-easy-to-forget-about format, and you can ping people to annoy them remind them to post. The Discord server itself is located here! Now then, this might look weird or intimidating since it's a great deal more complex-looking than FAE, but I'll go through the process of making a character step by step here so that you can see how it works first-hand. Speaking of characters, I'd like you to note that in this timeline, only a few things are set in stone:1) Part 1 and 2 happened, and those are the only parts whose canon is 100% followed. 2) Make whoever you want to be. You wanna be a Higashikata, a Joestar, a Kujo, hell even be Jotaro or Jolyne? Go for it. Being Giorno or a vampire are pretty much the only things you cannot be, but in general, I don't mind if you decide to make an OC that uses Crazy Diamond or some pre-existing Stand or even pre-existing characters so long as you make them fun. Same goes for making a Hamon/Spin user. We're all here to have fun, murder zombies, and yell DIANAAAAAAAAAAAA!, right? I'm looking for 4 to 5 people and recruitment will run for roughly ten to fourteen days, so ending roughly between April 3rd and April 7th.

Alright, so! Without further ado, let's go through the character generation process. Let's start off easy by making someone who already exists and everyone knows: Hol Horse

So Hol Horse already has his name and background established, and how he got his abilities? It's heavily implied he got hit by the Stand Arrow in part 3. In our timeline that's a little fuzzy but the idea that he still developed one naturally is just as likely. Step 4's combat scenario is best solved by watching his fight vs Polnareff, but I can add on this later. First, we need his Aspects and his Unique Aspect. Let's start with his Unique Aspect. Let's go with Even my bullets are a Stand! since it notes how he has control over his revolver and the flight paths of his bullets. We'll put a description similar to it in there. Now for his Aspects. We have eight, so there's a lot to work with. We've got Better to be Number Two than Number One to describe his partner-based mentality, I'll be right back! to show his cowardly nature and knack for running away very quickly, Hol Horse loves the ladies! for his chivalry, and You ever play Stratego? to add in his armchair general kind of planning. you'll notice a lot of these can be either positive or negative. This is because it's great having something you can Compel for more Fate points or also Invoke to boost your rolls. You can also make a split of mostly positive and mostly negative ones, which with eight means a great deal more freedom in that regard, but I'm going with mostly neutral ones to start. Speaking of which, let's keep going. Zero Recoil, Ever is a purely positive one that's great to represent how Hol Horse can simply squeeze off as many rounds as he wants to try again at hitting a target or firing multiple times at something. Similarly, I'll shoot you with my invisible gun! can be used to take advantage of how, until it's fired, Emperor is effectively invisible to any non-Stand user, even while holding it in his hand. Wrapping things up, we have I side with whoever's strongest! as a more negative one, pointing out his turncoat and mercenary nature, and The Emperor was made for killing at point-blank range! to give his Stand something to invoke when close-up. There, that's all eight, plus the unique one!

Now, attributes! Now, to clarify what the PDF says, you get a +5, two +4s, and a +1, then 15 points to spend at your leisure either now or on your Stand's stats. Meaning, if you spent all of them on your character, you would have a +5, two +4s, a +1, and then potentially 5 +3s and a +0, or some similar setup. Hol Horse, as we know, is a very good at improvising, so let's put his Intuition at a +5. His next best things are his running speed/shooting skill, and his ability to bullshit around, so we'll put our +4s in Finesse and Skulduggery. His weakness is the fact that he's kind of an idiot, so let's put a +1 in Awareness. Let's put a +3 in Endurance, a +2 in Knowledge and Strength, and a +1 in Chummery, Resources and Fabulousness. For those playing along at home, his scores look like this.

END: 3
FIN: 4
STR: 2
AWA: 1
INT: 5
KNO: 2
CHU: 1
FAB: 1
SKU: 4
RES: 1
Fate: 8

HP: 18

Now, we've got five points left over that we can put towards making Emperor, his Stand. BBBCEE was his stat block in Stardust Crusaders, but let's assume we can cross out some instances of E with a -- to indicate they are especially weak or are irrelevant to the Stand in question. So let's spend some points!

DES: 4 (The bullets can pierce a body effortlessly, and will likely punch into metal)
SPE: 4 (Bullets are generally faster than most people can see)
RAN: 4 (His gun can reach about 30-50 meters, depending on what the plot needs)
DUR: 2 (It's about as strong as average metal in terms of durability)
PRE: 1 (If it misses on the first pass, it needs a lot of room to curve back around)

A bit closer to BBBDE, but it's certainly close enough. With that, we've done everything except write in the fluff! This will likely be added later once I have more time, but for now, just keep all that in mind when making your character. Good luck, and STAND PROUD!

EDIT: For more readability, Discord server is here! Come by if you have any questions.

Unknown Quantity fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Mar 24, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Spinning Assassin YYZ

In my hands, I hold two tops. It is your job to choose one.

With the top named Dead, I can end your life.

With the top named Alive, I can spare it. Choose wisely.

...Ah. A shame. Don't feel too bad, though. Most people end up choosing Dead.

My name is YYZ. That's the only name you need to know me by. I'm the person you call when you want someone gone. I've made a living for years taking care of the dregs of society for the other dregs of society. In layman's terms, I'm a hitman. If you wish to hire me, I've just finished a contract, so I'm available. Just keep in mind, I have one very important rule: The killer and the client must trust each other. You will not interfere with my work, you will not reveal my identity, and in turn I will not reveal yours.

I was alone from an early age, hopping from orphanage to orphanage. Then, a man took me in. His name was TLC, and he taught me the way of the assassin and the Spin. He gave me my name, and he gave me a place. The least I can do to make it up to him is to do his reputation proud.

Now, shall we do business?

Aspects:

Renowned Assassin - I'm a hired killer with a lot of clout in the criminal underworld.
Trust is Everything - We need to be able to depend on each other so we can be mutually beneficial to one another.
Orphaned and Alone - My parents died when I was young, leaving me to fend for myself.
The Next in Line - The assassin TLC took me in and taught me everything I know.
Face in the Crowd - I'm good at making myself inconspicuous.
On Your poo poo List - I've made a lot of enemies in my time.
For The Right Price - My trust and allegiance only applies to whoever is paying me at the moment. Once our contract is done, I'm gone.
Keep a Level Head - Cool, calm, and professional in all things.

Unique Aspect:

The Spin of Life and Death - With the power of the golden ratio, I can rejuvenate and I can kill.

FIN: 5
STR: 2
AWA: 4
INT: 3
FAB: 2
SKU: 4
RES: 3

HP: 20

DES: 4
SPE: 3
RAN: --
DUR: --
PRE: 3

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Mar 25, 2017

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.

Eva Flores, ex-Fourth Ace of the Flores dynasty.

Dear Baldo,

It's me, your big sister, Eva. I know I shouldn't be sending this to you. I shouldn't even know where you are. But I need you to know that I'm ok, and what I'm going to be doing.

For the last two years, I've been working with Fleet Foxes after they rescued you and me. It was hard at first, knowing what they did, but there were good reasons for it. Dad and the rest, what they were doing was wrong, and it needed stopped. I've been working with the group that was keeping us away from those CIA creeps, and they're good people. For the most part. And the work we do is so cool, and I actually get to use that power we have for something other than running drugs or playing keepaway with the cops. It's seriously awesome.

Anyways, the reason I'm writing you is, I finally got my own solo op, and I'm looking for Star, one of the guys from Fleet Foxes who helped us, and the reason they even got the judge to award custody to them so the CIA couldn't just nab us without causing an incident. He left with a bunch of other people after the old Boss went missing and Jack, the prick who would have left us to the wolves, decided to put himself in charge. Star and Ian both thought it was fishy, and Ian's been looking for clues inside FF while Star looked outside, but Star went dark, and Ian decided to hire someone to hunt him down and I was the only one he trusted that he knew Jack wouldn't look into the finer details of the contract when he saw they were hired to look for an ex-Fox.

And there's another reason I'm looking for Star. He knows what happened to Dad. The entire time I've been here, everyone either can't or won't tell me, and if I can find him, I'm going to get the truth out of him. He was there, he knows. And now that I'm flying solo, I don't have anyone watching me and breathing down my back, and I'm gonna find Dad, and I'm gonna find Josie, wherever she ran off to, and I'm gonna find Emma and Anna and get them back from the CIA, and then we're going to get you, and we'll go somewhere new and away from our old lives. I know, look, I know that Dad and the rest did some bad things, and even I did some bad stuff too, but I just know that after this time away from it, and if we stay away from Miami and leave everything behind, it'll work out. Dad's a good person, he was always good to us, and everything me, and Josie, and Emma and Anna did, we did for the family, and we can leave it behind for the family. These past two years, they've been a catalyst for change for me, and I just know it's been the same catalyst for the rest.

It's going to work out.

Love and hugs and kisses,
Your big sister, Eva

Unique Aspect:
Rushing headlong towards that red line of destiny- [Bae City Rollaz]! With her stand, Eva can create a red line, terminating in an arrow, that accelerates anything that comes into contact with it towards the arrow's point.

[Bae City Rollaz] is a humanoid stand colored white and bright red. The top half of the head is covered by what resembles a cycling race helmet, with the lower half of the face sticking out from beneath. (Think like Sticky Fingers). It has gauntlets covering its forearms, shaped similarly to the helmet, with the hands coming out just past and under the blunted end, allowing full range of movement, most importantly, making a fist. There appear to be air intakes on these gauntlets, and similarly shaped intakes on top of the shoulders that connect to a turbine-esque half-cylinder on the stand's back. Its legs have the appearance of wearing tall, knee-high armored boots, with an intake on the crest of the kneeguard and exhaust pipes at the back rear, near the heels, ever so slightly reminiscent of the typical depictions of Hermes' winged feet.

Aspects:
Roller Mobster- Two years ago, Eva used to be part of her father's Miami-based criminal empire along with her three older stand-using sisters. Together, they made up the group known as the Four Aces.
Run With The Wolves- These days, Eva is a member of the Fleet Foxes PMC, part of The-Senior-Squad-Leader-Formerly-Known-As-Junior's team.
The Shade- Eva wants nothing more than to reunite her family. Now that she's finally off the leash, she intends to do just that, regardless of how plausible it may be.
Don't Save Us From The FlamesIf there's a problem looming over her that she can't solve through direct action, Eva will often ignore it for as long as she can, insisting things will work themselves out, or that she'll solve that problem when she comes to it.
Road To Jupiter- The red line created by [Bae City Rollaz] causes creatures and objects in contact with it to ignore gravity's normal direction and behave as though the surface the red line is attached to was the ground.
The Dangerous Sports Club- Easily bored and a bit of a daredevil, Eva will jump at the chance to do something exciting and take just about any dare thrown her way.
Red Rider- Eva gets around with her rad as hell motorcycle, the crimson Katamaru Custom
Anthem For The Modern Artist- Her father insisted his children all learn some musical talent and readily paid for any education they wished to pursue. Her older sisters all found themselves more drawn to classical instruments, such as the harp or violin, Eva preferred keyboards and synthesizers.

END +2
FIN +5
STR +2
AWA +4
INT +2
KNO +1
CHU +2
FAB +4
SKU +1

RES 1
FATE 8
HP 16

DES +4
SPE +5
RAN +2
DUR +3
PRE +1

Angry Walrus fucked around with this message at 07:47 on Apr 3, 2017

Flamander
May 4, 2009

'Cactus', Cactus

Hola, hombre, como estas? Excuse me, friend. What I mean is, 'Hello. How are you doing?'

My name... is Cactus. As they say... it is nice to meet you! I am sorry, I am new to this area. Let me see, what to talk about. As you can see, I am a cactus. I wasn't always... sentient. I was owned by what better people might call drug addicts, until that faithful day... I woke up. I do not remember much of the time previous to my awakening - so don't question me how I know this, comprendre? After taking a lot of addictive substances, my owner was trying to jab some repugnante syringe or needle into his skin - but missed. It went right past him... and injected into my own self.

Awakening, I used my stand - [Give Life Back To Music] - to enlargen my body and make the photosensitive markings on the front of my face - as well as make my body more efficient. As my owners woke up, I fought them off, using my fists and stand, for the most part. Funnily enough, they all thought I was a hallucination. After I was safe and the room was clear, I turned. Another cactus was next to me... with another needle. Stabbing the cactus with it, partly out of curiosity, partly out of boredom - it turned into a friend. I talked to him - having developed a mouth. I saw the situation - he developed a stand and the liquid caused him to form into his current state... from what we found, the stand was linked to his body somehow, granting him a large amount of dexterity. I named him El-P. I decided that the P standed for prince. It was fitting, seeing how I am a king of sorts; being the first of my species.

After a while of discussion, we set off to a new horizon, in search of whoever granted us the means of life. We don't know what exactly to do when we find them... but it'd be nice to find out how we came to exist, yes?

The Conflict

quote:

Unique Aspect

Get the music of your life - [Give Life Back To Music]!: Cactus' Stand, [Give Life Back To Music] can grow previously existing plants around him.

Aspects

Songs in the Key of Life: [Give Life Back] can shapeshift Cactus by adapting his body rapidly to the circumstances around him.
Life on Mars?: Alternatively, he can use [Give Life Back] to accelerate other plants into something that could possibly be helpful.
Humanoid Cactus: Cactus is a cactus with arms and legs. This is incredibly evident.
New To This World: Cactus does not know how a lot of things work. Social graces are not his best suit.
Addiction: The chemical Cactus was injected with still runs through his veins. It makes him a valuable target.
Passion Flower: Cactus is an amazingly accepting person - and especially for a cactus. Even drug addicts have reasons for their addictions, he figures.
Your Imagination: Cactus is an fantastical figure. Most people tend to think they're hallucinating when they see him.
El-P and Cactus: Cactus' best friend and son figure is El-P. He's around Cactus constantly, and Cactus would be driven to rage if anything happened to him.

Stats

END: 4
FIN: 3
STR: 4
AWA: 3
INT: 3
KNO: 1
CHU: 3
FAB: 5
SKU: 3

HP: 22

Stand

DES: 3 (The amount of creative potential here is limited by nature and physics, of course. Can break through bone.)
SPE: 2 (Grows fast for a plant.)
RAN: 3 (Able to grow at a range of 30 meters around Cactus. Inside the radius, it can only grow an SUV's worth of extra biomass.)
DUR: 3 (Can take a good hit more than a regular person.)
PRE: 4 (Object-centered, but can't do really small plants.)

Flamander fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Apr 4, 2017

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

This is a work in progress.

Joel Foster

For over 60 years, the Speedwagon Foundation has been one of the world's leaders in medical research and environmental conservation. Its offices span the globe, and it continues to pioneer new advances in the field of medicine.

But this is not the real SpeedWagon Foundation. For within this benevolent organization lies a secret department dedicated to researching the supernatural and extraordinary. Wherever the strange and bizarre crosses into our everyday lives, the SpeedWagon Foundation is there.

Joel's family has worked for the Foundation for generations. His grandfather helped develop weapons against the Pillar Man menace. His father led the team that recovered the Arrow of Egypt. Joel always wanted to be part of that golden heritage, but poor grades and a carefree attitude had always stymied him. And then Penance happened, and the power known as Stand became public knowledge. With the looming threat of the Brando Corporation on the horizon, the organization found itself in need of stand users of its own. Joel now serves in his own way, as one of the Foundation's new generation of stand users, chosen by the arrow. He works hard to turn his life around and become the man his father can be proud of. Full of piss and vinegar, he may not be the brightest, but his heart's in the right place.

Stand: Catch Action, Automatic Tool type

Catch Action takes the form of pairs of colored disks.On one hemisphere of a disk is embedded the words Catch. When both disks have been attached to something, the words change to Action.

A disks: A disks are blue and include a counter from 1 to 10. When they activate, the counter slowly increases.

B disks: B disks are red and black.

C disks: C disks are green, and, unlike the other two, are hollow in the center.

Unique Aspect
That was the Catch. And here's the Action!:
Catch Action consists of three pairs of disk, each of which has the following property:
Catch: One side of a disk can stick to anything it touches and cannot be removed. The only exception is Joel himself, should he wish it.

When a pair of disks have attached themselves to two objects, its Action activates. There are 3 Actions:

It's 「pull」 is unrelenting! Action A!
Whatever the A disks are attached to become drawn to each other, as if by an invisible force.

Blink and you'll miss it! Action B!
When the B disks activate, whatever is attached to them swaps locations, after which they vanish. There is a weight limit of one ton per disk.

Now you're thinking with Action C!
When an object enters the center of one C disk, it exits out of the center of the other C disk.

You can't ignore it. This "feeling" between us!: My Action A becomes more powerful as time goes on. Its 「pull」 becomes harder and harder to resist.
It goes where I want! - With I little luck, I can make my disks go anywhere, even bouncing across walls.
IT'S JOEL! JOOOEL! :argh: - Not Joe, not Joey. JOEL! Say it right, or suffer the consequences.
Color on the Walls - Call it what you want, evil is evil, and I know evil when I see it.
A Matter of Trust - I'm a SpeedWagon man through and through. And you can always count on a SpeedWagon man to do the right thing.
We'll All Go Down Together - I was my football team's MVP because I'm a team player. Friend or not, I would never abandon someone who's depending on me.
Piecing It Together - I'll admit I'm not exactly book-smart. That's why I always carry my trusty notepad. All you gotta do is jot down what's important.
And I do my own stunts! - I'm not afraid of getting into the thick of things. Sometimes you have to risk it to get what you want.

Endurance: +3
Finesse: +5
Strength: +3
Awareness: +3
Intuition: +4
Knowledge: +1
Chummery: +4
Fabulousness: +2
Skulduggery: +3
Resources: +1
Hit Points: 22

Stand:

DES: 1 (No destructive power on its own, but getting hit by a Catch disk hurts as much as getting hit with a hockey puck. Given time, Action A can forcibly move objects weighing several tons if the pull is strong enough.)
SPE: 1 (Catch disks can return to Joel at a speed of 10 feet per second. This is also the rate Action A draws objects together.)
RAN: 3 (Catch disks can exist at a range of 40 meters from the user.)
DUR: 4 (Each disk is very durable, and almost impossible to destroy.)
PRE: 1 (Catch disks can be thrown like frisbees and can slighty maneuver mid-flight, but can't move on their own. Action A only draws two objects together in a straight line.)

Joel's conflict

SardonicTyrant fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Apr 5, 2017

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
nvm

Golden Battler fucked around with this message at 08:07 on Apr 4, 2017

Dedman Walkin
Dec 20, 2006

Work in Progress. I'm going to try to port over my character from Lichtenstein's Cortex+ Jojo game.

Damon Furnier
Stand: [ Only Women Bleed ]

I'm Damon Furnier. I work as a "data collector" for the Starlight Foundation. That's a small charity based non-profit, I mainly work math and finances, boring behind-the-scenes stuff. Least I did until a few weeks ago, when I got stabbed by an arrow by some weirdo, then I met her, then...sorry, it's a long complicated mess of a story. To try to sum up, I found out that the Starlight Foundation is a sub-sub-sub-subgroup of the Speedwagon Foundation, and my ...incident got me made into a 'semi-freelance deputized field operative". Which means when weird stuff is going down, since I now qualify as part of the weird stuff, I get called up to investigate. Lucky me.

(add 15 pts, no stat more than 3)
(13 skill points used, 2 banked for Stand)
END: +2
FIN: +2
STR: +2
AWA: +4*
INT: +3
KNO: +5*
CHU: +4*
FAB: +1*
SKU: +2
RES: +3

HP: 12

Unique Aspect: She's Got the Power, He's Got the Need
--[ Only Women Bleed ] uses Damon's body as a wound magnet to heal others. Broken limbs, poison, burns, any physical damage can be transferred into Damon by touch and the will and blood of [ Only Women Bleed ]. While this hurts and disables Damon, he and [OWB] can then transfer that damage to someone - or something - else. As an example, as a first responder to a car crash, Damon healed a victim by absorbing her broken arm. With his arm a limp wreck, he inadvertently passed it on to a nearby Lambo - it's wheel blew out and an axle broke.

Aspects:
Dammit, I'm supposed to be normal
I have an accounting degree for a reason!
Works better behind the scenes
Speedwagon "Semi-Freelance Deputized Field Operative"
*other four aspects to be created during play*

Stand: (12pts)
DES: 2 ()
SPE: 2 ()
RAN: 1 (Touch based)
DUR: 2 (.)
PRE: 5 (.)

Dedman Walkin fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Apr 2, 2017

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
edit isn't quote hurr

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Tommaso "Tom Sawyer" Saviano

Originally hailing from Naples, "Tom Sawyer" is an investigative photographer that has gained quite a reputation in the specialized circles with his work on the Italian and American underworld and various cases of corruption in the private and public spheres of government. Despite this, however, he only works as a freelancer, selling his stories to several different outlets and traveling from city to city as a free spirit. His motivation, however, is to uncover the whole truth about the Stand phenomena and to uncover the truth of a gruesome incident that happened a decade ago when his mentor was murdered by a Stand User connected to the defunct Mafia gang Passione.

Sawyer's a gruff and hardened man of his trade, and values his own freedom and his personal mission above anything else, but he still holds the tenets of his mentor who valued justice and truth in his heart, and won't ever betray anyone who he trusts.

Birthday: October 7.
Zodiac Sign: Libra.
Favorite Movie: For whom the Bell Tolls.
Favorite Actor: Val Kilmer.
Favorite Athlete: Diego Maradona.
Favorite Food: Squid Ink Spaghetti.
Favorite Musician: White Stripes.
Hobby: Disassembling and reassembling his camera.

Unique Aspect: The Camera Eye has captured all, be dazzled by [Moving Pictures]! - Moving Pictures is a stand that takes the form of a vintage 35mm photographic camera with silver inlays. It can store up to thirty pictures in its roll, and it overwrites the oldest ones automatically with new ones. Its true power, however, takes form of a secondary dial which can be used to scroll through taken pictures and a button that is used to cover an area that is within picturing range of Moving Pictures with an elaborate holographic display that was the entire 3d area that was displayed in the captured photo.

Aspects:

Mean mean stride, mean mean pride: Tom's expertise as a reporter covering on criminal news has made him streetwise and tough...
His reserve a quiet defense: ...as well as a cranky, taciturn guy who's hard to trust anyone.
His mind is not for rent to any God or Government: Tom gives no allegiance to anyone, working as a freelance for newspapers and blogs and avoids to give allegiance to any organization.
Catch the mist, catch the myth, catch the mystery, catch the drift: Tom's biggest motivation is to uncover the truth behind lies and illusions, something he inherited from his mentor.
Always hopeful yet discontent: Years looking for clues for the incident at La Villa Strangiato to no result has soured Tom's outer disposition, but he will leap at any lead he can find to solve the mystery and can be quite caring to those close to him.
Working Man: Before working as a reporter, Tom was an errand boy in the suburbs of Naples, and got a few skills from that period of his life.
Freewill: "If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice. But my choices are my own, and no one can force me away from them!"
Show Don't Tell: Moving Pictures' illusions, while intangible and silent, are perfect enough to fool even someone standing right in front of them.

Stats

FIN: 2
STR: 4
AWA: 4
INT: 5
FAB: 2
SKU: 2

Stand:

DES: 1 (Can be used as an improvised clubbing weapon but that's it)
SPE: 4 (As fast as a click)
RAN: 3 (Can capture and replicate a 10 m wide cube of scenery from up to 40 m away)
DUR: 2 (Sturdier than a regular camera but not much)
PRE: 3 (Can zoom in quite quick)

Plutonis fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Apr 4, 2017

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Edit is unquotable.

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"
Question!

Would Stand evolutions be involved and how should we use the system if so?

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!

BaDandy posted:

Question!

Would Stand evolutions be involved and how should we use the system if so?

If you mean evolutions as in Acts ala Echoes or Tusk, I'm going to say that if your stand has a second and/or third Act your Stand Attribute totals have to add up to the same total as Act 1, and that, while your Unique Aspect can be written down two/three times to note the changes in what it does, your Aspects, if you make them about your Stand, depending on what they are, may apply to a specific Act. You can make an Act 1 Stand that explicitly will evolve later to start and then have it evolve during the game, but it'll follow the same rules overall.

If you mean things like Requiem Stands, I haven't planned that far ahead but for the most part, I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
Oh jeez, has my silly Jojo's Fate Hack made the rounds this thoroughly? I made that years ago and I always thought if I were to do it again I'd do it completely differently.

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!

Mighty Dicktron posted:

Oh jeez, has my silly Jojo's Fate Hack made the rounds this thoroughly? I made that years ago and I always thought if I were to do it again I'd do it completely differently.

I tried FATE Accelerated but a few of my players ran into the issue of not having something to invoke on most of their actions. The higher refresh and more aspects in general of your hack here seemed to be the perfect fix. That and more aspects means more things to Compel, another thing that didn't come up as often as it should have. Either way, it was this or trying the d100 system the Quest threads made up, and this won out by a mile.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

"Name, please."

My latest job has brought me to Club Rush, a premiere nightclub in San Francisco. The target: Tom Sawyer, a fashion designer in town for an exhibition of his fall collection. Apparently he took out quite a few debts to finance this collection and hasn't paid his dues. I'm only to incapacitate him if at all possible, to send a message. Very well. That makes things easier.

"Geddy Lee, I'm with the Tribune." I flash the fake badge that was provided to me by my client.

"Yep, there you are on the list. Step inside, ma'am."

The bouncer steps aside and lets me enter the club. It's dark, loud, and full of people. In other words, it's perfect. I slip my way through the crowd, making my way to the VIP area in back.

"Ahaha, zat is why zhey call me Master Style, love!"

There he is. All alone, save for one floozy. I keep a safe distance, watching his movements. He pushes the girl off and stumbles out the back entrance. This is my chance.

Coming out into the alley, I find myself face to face with my target. "Tom Sawyer?"

"Zhat's Master Style to you, peasant!"

"Master or not..." I pull out my perfectly round steel tops, holding them between my fingers, "...I'm here to deliver a message."

"With a top?!"

I spin one top on my finger, letting it rotate before throwing it to my right, the spin slamming a small crater into the concrete wall. He's dumbfounded as I walk over to pick it up.

"You're one of...those weirdos! Is that a Magnifique?! Well, I have one too!! Behold, my Magnifique, [GOTYE]!"

Wasn't he French? A spectre in the shape of a seamstress appears behind him. Funny, I thought these things were called Stands. No matter. At least, that's what I think. The seamstress' scissors flash across my vision and cut the alley in twain, forming a canyon between the two of us.

"Ahahaha! Fool! Master Style is the greatest in the world!"

As Sawyer continues to blather on, I apply the tops to my legs and spin them, sending an incredible energy through my legs. Crouching down, I release that energy to leap across the chasm and sock "Master Style" in the jaw, knocking him out.

"....Pathetic." I toss one top in the air and catch it, applying it to the unconscious man's midsection and spinning. As it does, the rest of his body seems to spin with it, withering into a near-dead husk. I was instructed to keep him alive though, so I stop just short.

My job done, I pocket my tops and slide out into the street, becoming invisible once again.

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"

Unknown Quantity posted:

If you mean evolutions as in Acts ala Echoes or Tusk, I'm going to say that if your stand has a second and/or third Act your Stand Attribute totals have to add up to the same total as Act 1, and that, while your Unique Aspect can be written down two/three times to note the changes in what it does, your Aspects, if you make them about your Stand, depending on what they are, may apply to a specific Act. You can make an Act 1 Stand that explicitly will evolve later to start and then have it evolve during the game, but it'll follow the same rules overall.

If you mean things like Requiem Stands, I haven't planned that far ahead but for the most part, I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.

I meant Acts, yes. Thanks!

Anwyays, here.

quote:

Name: Anna Molly

Background: Anna is a phenomenally average person with an equally average background. Or so she says. Despite her saying otherwise, her family situation was always less than ordinary, having been raised by her maternal grandmother along with her little brother, Alex, in West Virginia. Her academic life wasn't very average either, being an all A's student both before and during college. That doesn't mean much in the real world, though, and it soon became very obvious that her bare minimum social skills and overall lack of presence meant that it was tough luck finding a job. She's getting better at it, though! Anna found a Just Good Enough job as a secretary for one of Brando Corp's offices in Miami and, sure, it's being a glorified NPC, but she's gotten much better at thinking of small talk and not freezing during conversations. The other day, her manager even said that the woman who called the other day to ask all of those weird, specific questions was Diana herself, and she wanted to pass along her compliments for how smoothlythat was handled. Apparently she does a lot of that secret shopper stuff, or has her assistants do it, and it's...like. Devious, but not illegal, right? It's her company, and it's a Fortune 500 for a reason. Guess it's important for the company to have a good image.

Still, she got to talk to Diana Brando over the phone, holy poo poo! And she didn't cry once! Progress.

Sadly, Anna doesn't really have much of a life outside work. After Grandma died, Alex never fully recovered and dropped out of college after less than a year. It's been a few years since, and he's going back to school again, but he's been living with Anna so she can keep him on track. For school and other things: meds, job searching, stuff like that. Let's face it, even if she didn't have to look after him, she wouldn't exactly go out anyway. What would she even do? Not to mention with so many people gettings "Stands" now...what does she have to offer, if anything? The world is full of so much interesting people, and then there's her, staying in the background. But she's accepted that as her lot in life years ago.

Alex, on the other hand...someone's been naughty and looking into this new drug.

Hmm, what's that? Where are their parents? They're dead! At least that's what Grandma said, but they've only ever heard vague stories about what so who knows?

Aspects:
Ms. Cellophane: Anna's timidity and general demeanor means that she fades into the background, having a face that eyes slip over. Annoying, but it also means she can slip into places unnoticed.
I Just Want a Quiet Life: Anna normally doesn't go looking for trouble, and may even self-sabotage when it comes to things like higher opportunities.
U Can't C Me: Anna has a much better time with handling social and work situations over the phone, since she can usually keep her voice level and no one can see her. It makes for good practice.
Anything For Alex: There's a reason why she tolerates her mild gently caress-up of a brother, and if something happened to him...
Diana Brando's #1 Fan: Part of this is Anna just being...you know. Gay? To her, it's all about Diana's charm, and wit, and her success story, and confidence, and her hair, and she probably smells nice...
Benefit of the Doubt: She'll tend of take someone for their word that they're at least trying to be a good person. Even if it doesn't add up.
Flights of Fancy: Anna will drift off sometimes and fantasize about whatever, from rehearsing conversations to fantasizing about basing someone's skull in.
Oh No!: There's a reason why Anna wants a quiet life, and that's because if things become too stressful, her mood does an abrupt shift into someone who's very rude and dismissive. That happens occasionally, lasting a minute at most, but the weird thing is that Anna usually has no memory of that happening. Or again, so she says. People have told her it's happened, but it's such a rare occurrence that her co-workers usually leave it alone. If things keep adding up though, it might happen more often.

Unique Aspect:
Karma Chameleon: KC has the properties of clay or putty and is part of Anna body, acting like a second skin or a wetsuit. It allows her to take on the appearance of others, in addition to being able to reflect light on command, making her "invisible". She'll have to keep very still if she wants to do that, though, so changing appearance is something more practical. Cannot attack.

Anna gained her Stand from being around other Stand users, having the potential for it since birth, but since other stressors never brought it up til now...yeah.

DES: +1
SPE: +1
RAN: +1
DUR: +5
PRE: +5

Attributes:

END: +4
FIN: +2
STR: +2

AWA: +4
INT: +2
KNO: +5

CHU: +2
FAB: +1
SKU: +2

RES: +2

FATE: 8
HP: 16

BaDandy fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Mar 31, 2017

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Jordan "Jojo" Vai

Background:
Yo! It's me, future superstar from San Francisco, Jordan Vai, but you can call me Jojo! You'll want to remember me after I hit the big-time. Promise. I've been travelling the country looking for a band, get it? I'm gonna be famous! But uh, hey just in case--you know anyone that's looking for a singer? Y'know, not cause I need the help, I'm doing fine on my own, it's just good to have more, uh. More connections, right?

Ah, whatever. So anyways, weird story. I thought I was getting mugged late one night, some bastard looking to make a quick buck, and I was dead tired. You know, trying to be famous isn't easy! So yeah, this guy's trying to come at me with a knife or something, and I mean normally I'd be untouchable, but I just can't stay focused, caused I'm tired, remember? So like I ended up getting nicked on my arm, and I tripped on something. The situation just kinda sucks a whole bunch, and he's gettin' ready to make my face look bad, which I'm not at all into! But then this huge red fist appears out of nowhere and clocks him right in his stupid face! I couldn't believe it! So he's out cold, and I'm wondering what the hell that was about, when I see like ten little red dudes standing all around me. They said they're my...my Stand? Yeah, that's it! And they called themselves [Bang Camaro].

And there's more of these-these Stand Users, I guess they're called, out there in the world. That's nuts! I had heard rumors, but I gotta see this for myself! I bet Pat'll never believe it...Oh, who's she? She's amazing! Basically raised me, my parents were never really around much, on tour all the time, 'least that's what they told me. Their label, REO Records? No one seems to have heard of 'em.

But anyways, so Pat's got this crazy singing voice, she taught me to sing, actually! Owe my life to her, really. Helped with my stutter, if you can believe I had one of those, hahaha! That's where my nickname came from. Man, kids can be jerks...but I figured I'd wear it as a badge of pride after I got over it! Sort of a reminder kind of thing, y'know?

But hey, I'm on my way to Miami now, actually, the music scene there's pretty hot, yeah? Maybe this'll be my first-class ticket in!

Aspects:
Pleasure (Pleasure) -- What is usually one normal-sized stand can also be two tricky half-sized ghosts that fight in tandem.
Blood Red Rock -- Jordan often feels more confident while singing or humming to himself, and needs to if he's alone, otherwise he gets nervous.
So I'm out here with my best twenty-one -- Though he has never actually been in a band, Jordan is pretty sure it would be awesome, and often attempts to insert himself into groups.
Lady Lightning -- Jordan respects Pat dearly, and would never want any harm to come her way.
Can't Stop the Night -- Jordan sometimes has trouble using his "inside voice" and claims he "does not need a microphone."
The Hit -- When [Bang Camaro] is fully formed, you can bet it packs one hell of a punch, though a giant fist is typically easier to see coming.
I Know You Like My Band -- If Jordan wants to be the lead singer in a band, he's pretty sure he has to always look good. Luckily for him, he certainly thinks he does.
Out on the Streets -- After being on the road for a while, what Jordan may lack in actual intelligence, he has started to make up for in clever planning.

Attributes:
END: +2
FIN: +4
STR: +3

AWA: +2
INT: +3
KNO: +2

CHU: +4
FAB: +5
SKU: +1

RES: +1

HP: 18

Unique Aspect:
Life is Hard On Your Own! - [Bang Camaro]: Bang Camaro is a fast, short range punchghost that can split into as many as 10 smaller punchghosts, each with proportional strength, or into one object of roughly the same size as the fully-formed stand.

DES: +5
SPE: +4
RAN: +1
DUR: +2
PRE: +1

Xad fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Apr 4, 2017

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Sheet done, now for conflict story.

xx/xx 2001- Naples

"Tommaso? What happened?" The slightly portly man who edited the Corriere de Napoli was quite surprised at the man at the door. In front of him was a young black haired teenager, no more than fourteen years old. Tommazo was the assistant and nephew of Alessandro Moschino, the leading investigative reporter of the newspaper and a naturally curious urchin who started to show a good deal of talent with the camera. Yet the Editor was not expecting the boy to come at his office at that time of the night... And even more alone, and looking this distraught!

"I-it's uncle, Signore Ferragamo! He's dead, and I have no idea what happened*" The young man said, wiping his tears as he clumsily tried to grab his camera. "He told me earlier today he had some leads on Passione and that something was to happen in La Villa Strangiato and I followed him, Signore and *hic* Oh god." Tommaso tried his best to explain the situation as he desperately cried and cried. Ferragamo knew that Moschino was trying to get leads on Passione, and how he tried to dissuade the reporter due to fear of its mysterious leader and what happened to people who snooped into their deals. The reporter, however, apparently found out from an informant of his that a certain 'group' was to do a deal with Passione at a private villa outside of Naples, La Villa Strangiato, tonight a couple of hours before dawn.

Despite being told to stay behind and avoid danger, Tom tried to follow his uncle from a safe distance, only to find a hellish scene on the Villa's marble garden. Upon reaching the place, Tom found Moschino hidden behind a bush, frantically taking pictures of a bloodbath before him. Sliced bodies, pierced bodies, mangled bodies, even a shrunk and crushed body in the ground, there was no way a normal fight between gang members would result in such a scenario...Specially since a third of the bodies were dressed in a military-looking getup! "Cazzo de merda, I didn't believe this talk about superpowers was true." Moschino grumbled under his breath before looking behind and finding a terrified Tommaso. "You stupid kid!" He muttered under his breath while grabbing Tom and saying to him in a hushed. "Don't make any sound. There might be so-"

A slight rustle from one of the corpses. Moschino quickly pushed Tommaso inside one of the shrubs and turned towards the moving body. What was supposed to be a purple haired young man in a turtleneck no taller than Tom started to shuffle and contort as it grew in size and ripped his clothing off. "So, I survived." The pink-haired man muttered before looking around and locking his eyes at a Moschino who was frozen in place. "A loose end." The man said, and it was a this part that Tom started to choke and cry as he narrated this part of story. "Signore Ferragamo, I-I-I saw what happened and it was... I have no idea what it happened, I saw the strange man lift up and approach Uncle and one second later Uncle was, Uncle was... He had a hole in his CHEST!" He bawled before pointing at the camera on his pocket. Strange, Ferragamo thought to himself. That camera sure wasn't one of Moschino, it was too... Artsy. "I took a picture of Uncle with this. I uh, I didn't knew I had this with me but..."

Tommaso tried to show Ferragamo the camera, and upon clicking a dial on it, something unexpected happened. In front of him, taking a large section of the editor's office, a scene appeared, a section of a garden, and in the midst of it... A bloody corpse, with a gaping wound inside of it. "Managgia...!" Ferragamo muttered while looking at it.

October 6 2011, New York

"So yeah, that's when my 'Stand' first manifested. Signore Ferragamo told me to keep quiet about the story after he got a visit from some Americans, and arranged with them to take me to a place called Speedwagon Foundation to study what in the hell were those." Said the man sitting in the corner of the run down bar. Tommaso was now a grown man, dressed rather shabbily in a hoodie and jeans and carrying a photographic camera slung on his shoulder. "After a few years learning English and learning how [Moving Pictures] worked, I decided it was time for me to know who killed Uncle Alessandro and bolted away from the place. Got to get some money as a freelancer photographer in the side, selling to whatever newspaper or website could afford, but I still have no idea who that man was, and what happened in the day of the massacre." He looks at the voice recorder in his hand, and stares at it for a while. "In any case, the reason I'm recording this is for any wild card who wants to follow my trail. I heard there's something going on in Florida, something about Stand Users and drug trade... Just like Passione. I think I got my mark now. Exit the Warrior, today's Tom Sawyer."

Plutonis fucked around with this message at 11:42 on Apr 2, 2017

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan
Registering interest! Should have something up in a couple days or so, just need to determine how to pull off a Stand that deals primarily in memories.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan
Josephine Portnoy-Petrucci

Life ain't easy, is it? You work hard, breakin' your back, puttin' everything on the line each day, and sometimes, that just isn't good enough. It's a wild world out there, baby, and when push comes to shove, there's only two ways to handle it: you either run away from it, or you turn around and face it head on. I like to think I'm one of those latter types. And for the former, well, that's what my little brand of escapism is for, sugar. Josephine Portnoy-Petrucci, musician 'n professional enabler, pleasure to make your acquaintance. Any way you want them, that's how I'll make your memories turn out. But if you don't need me to do a little work on you, all the better. It's just not healthy, hun.

Hmm? What do I mean? Well...lemme tell you a story. Once upon a time, this boy met this girl and they fell in love with each other. Their families didn't approve though - said they were no good for each other, and they had plans for them. Wanted to marry them to people who'd straighten them out. Well, they didn't like the idea much, so they ran away and lived life on the road. Life was tough, but they were happy with just each other, 'n they had this cute little daughter who brightened up their days. And then they hit a lamppost head on, and by the time an ambulance arrived, they were both long gone. Their little girl was traumatized, poor thing. Didn't take it well. So she buried the memories of the crash, sugar. Forgot all about it, couldn't even really remember who she was. But you can't just forget everything like that - something nagged her in the back of her mind, somethin' about that red guitar she just couldn't separate herself from. She practiced and practiced and practiced with it, and one day she managed to play a melody from her past that she remembered well, one her papa used to play. And suddenly all the memories came rushin' back to her. That girl was me, that guitar was Red Devil over there, and just look at how far I've come since then. I chose not to forget anymore, and got Regression out of that bargain. Can't argue with the results, can ya?

Of course, it wasn't all a bed of roses from then on. I went looking for my family, but the Portnoys and the Petruccis wouldn't take me in. Far as they were concerned, they had no granddaughter to speak of. I still don't know why Mama and Papa ran away from the lap of luxury like that, but hell if I'm gonna let some old farts stop me from gettin' back where I belong. My folks left me this guitar and taught me how to play it. I'm gonna make it back to the jet-set, and I'm gonna do it my way, with music. It's tough finding a record deal, though, and a girl's gotta take care of herself, treat herself a little, y'know? So I've been doin' some business on the side. Helping others forget, splitting some fool or another from their wallets, takin' a couple things here and there...like this fancy briefcase at the Miami Airport a couple days ago, for example. I still don't know what sort of poison these syringes are packin' and I don't care to know, but I bet there's someone out there who'll pay nicely for them. There's always someone lookin' for some sanctuary, darling. Remember that.

Aspects

Aspiring High-Class Guitar Heroine
It Doesn't Matter To You Like It Matters To Me
By Hook Or By Crook
A Red Guitar, Three Chords, And The Truth
Status Seeker
Sinful Rose
She Sells Sanctuary
You Are As I Am

Unique Aspect
A Subconscious Strange Sensation! - [Scene One: Regression]: Josephine's Stand is a marvel of spectacle, capable of playing a duplicate of any instrument at Josephine's disposal as proficiently as she can - but with a twist. Anyone who hears its music will recall the memory most readily associated with its mood, displaying it like a white light above their heads. She can review and alter the memories as she sees fit - but each song can only change a single memory for each person. Josephine can also invert it, drawing a melody out of a person's memories, evoking a mood of her choice - but only for its particular target, and with still no control over what memory comes up.

FIN: 4
STR: 0

AWA: 3
INT: 4
KNO: 1

CHU: 3
FAB: 5
SKU: 2

RES: 3

FP: 8
HP: 14

DES: 0 (Regression can't punch people - that's not what it's for! Rank: E)
SPE: 0 (Regression isn't particularly fast either. It won't win foot races with other Stands! Rank: E)
RAN: 5 (Regression's music reaches as far as Josephine can shout! And she can go really loud when she wants to! Rank: A)
DUR: 2 (While it's immune to direct attack, Regression is only as durable as whatever instrument it's copying! Rank: D)
PRE: 3 (Regression can edit multiple memories at a time or a melody coming from one person's memories, but if the changes it implements to the other person's memories don't mesh, they might unravel! Rank: C)
[Not Actually A Stat] Learning Potential: 5 (Regression's memory modifying powers are only the tip of the iceberg! It's up to Josephine to uncover all of its secrets! Rank: A)

Transient People fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Apr 4, 2017

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice
~~**Conflict**~~

Time: Like noonish I guess? I dunno, man.
Place: A train station in "the middle of nowhere"

"Well dang, guess the next train out isn't for a while," Jordan groaned looking over the train schedule. "May as well walk around a bit," he thought as he stood up and walked out of the station. He had never been a huge fan of small towns, especially not when he's stranded, waiting for a train to arrive. As he neared the door, a figure in a yellow jacket bumped into him as it ran past, "Sorry! Kind of in a hurry to meet someone," they said, running out of sight. "Sheesh. Guy can't even look where he's going," Jordan complained to nobody in particular, heading out the door. Directly outside the station was a small parking lot that led out to a single street with houses and small shops on either side. The sidewalks were dotted with the occasional bench or person minding their own business. Jordan was bored out of his mind already, and it hadn't even been five minutes.

Walking down the sidewalk, Jordan didn't initially notice anything out-of-place, but everyone seemed far more paranoid than usual. Women were clutching their purses as they approached him, and men were spontaneously checking that their wallets were still in their pockets after walking past Jordan. "The hell is going on here..." Jordan thought as he approached a woman sitting on a bench. "Hey, what's with everyone here? They act like I'm some wanted cri-" but before Jordan could finish asking, she looked up, screamed, punched him in the face, and ran away. "WHAT DID I DO?" Jordan shouted at the sky, suddenly feeling far more confused and nervous than before, "also, owww," he added, clutching the side of his face.

He continued walking down the street, but very quickly noticed that no one was around anymore. Well, that's not entirely true. In the distance, Jordan noticed people immediately changing direction as soon as they noticed him, and he swore he could see people attempting to crouch behind bushes so he couldn't see them. Jordan started humming a tune to keep himself company as he now walked past rows of houses and shops that spontaneously closed as he approached. "And I will love you even more/Till the day you find the-" Jordan stopped singing as a man in a yellow hoodie slid out of an alleyway and said, "Ah! There you are. Figured I'd be able to hear you. Jordan, right?" the man asked, reading from a notebook.

"Uh, yeah, who the hell are you, guy? Hey, you're that moron that ran into me earlier!" Jordan stopped walking and looked around, but nobody else was anywhere nearby, "And what is WITH this town?"

"Hey hey hey, one question at a time! I'll start with an introduction: I'm Duran Duran, and you've certainly gotten friendly with my stand, [I'm Afraid of Americans]! Once it targets someone, everyone except for me gradually feels more and more afraid of the target. Thought we could use some alone time, yeah?"

"You piece of-" Jordan scowled as he clenched his fist and pointed angrily at the mystery stand user.

"Ah-ah-ah, I wouldn't get violent, you'll want to hear this," he said, stopping Jordan in his tracks, "Your "parents"? They're not your parents. Well, not really. You're basically adopted. Your real father is a man named Joseph Joestar. Had an affair in Miami some 25 years back, then the Speedwagon Foundation took you in and assigned two of its members to take care of and protect you, but well, they got caught up in something, so they had Pat look after you instead. You've got an...important bloodline, to say the least."

"W-What! You expect me to believe that crap? And isn't Speedwagon like a...medical corporation or something? Why would they have anything to do with me? How dumb do you think I am?"

"Hey, believe what you want, you've got a star-shaped birthmark on your shoulder, don't you? I'm just the messenger, don't shoot me. Now, here's the important part: stay out of Miami. Also: don't try to meet your real family. Agree and I'll call off my stand and leave you alone. Sound good?"

"Hell no! You tell me all this crazy poo poo and then expect me to do NOTHING about it? Are you stupid?" Jordan shouted back, walking towards his assailant.

"No? Well, fear turns to hate pretty soon," he said, checking his watch, "you won't have much of a choice once that happens," he grinned.

"Screw that. [BANG CAMARO]!" called Jordan, as a red figure roughly half Jordan's height with the word "CAMARO" emblazoned on its side emerged and threw a barrage of punches at the enemy stand user.

"Y-you have a stand!? That wasn't in the notes! Well, whatever, looks pretty WEAK!" he taunted, dodging and blocking the blows. "And looks like you're out of time, hahaha!" Duran Duran cackled as a mob of angry townspeople clambored out of the woodwork.

"Weak? That's only half of it, man. You should pay more attention!" Jordan grinned, knowing he had gained the upper-hand. "Look behind you!"

"Behind me?" said Duran, "I'm not falling for some stupid trick!"

"Well, okay, but you called it stupid," Jordan smirked as the other half of his stand, an identical red figure, but with "BANG" on its side began throwing punches from behind Duran Duran.

"BAAABABABABABABABA BANG!" it shouted, knocking Duran Duran off his feet towards Jordan, who had reformed half of his stand into a large gauntlet over his left hand. "CAMAROOOOOO" shouted Jordan, as he punched his attacker back down the sidewalk, knocking him out. The surrounding mob began to immediately calm down and look very confused at what they had been doing. At the sight of victory, [Bang Camaro] split into its ten separate pieces, who all started to cheer and applaud at their own efforts.

"Thank you, thank you, you're too kind!" Jordan bowed to his stand. He straightened up and began to walk back towards the train station, now more determined than ever. "Now c'mon, we've got a train to catch."

<---TO BE CONTINUED

Xad fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Apr 4, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!
As was decided by the whims of Thoth, our players for this game:

Jordan Val
Joel Foster
Josephine Portnoy-Petrucci
Cactus
Tom Sawyer

I will get the game started sometime this week. Continue to be logged in and checking the Discord, and for everyone: don't be afraid to get your Bizarre on, it's all good in this Crazy Noisy Bizarre Town!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEUb6LioH38

• Locked thread