Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
With a lowish combo activation you could also probably use the box FUA equip too if you got truly desperate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

Rascyc posted:

With a lowish combo activation you could also probably use the box FUA equip too if you got truly desperate.

That may work against low level poo poo but if you're having to do endgame damage you're going to need the 7c boosts you (presumably) have on all/most of your subs.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

it's possible to get 7c with a box. you have to for a bunch of endgame poo poo like the dragon callers. grato's a good example because he's a dick and needs 8c and vdp to oneshot. you'd want something like nene's active for consistency tho. also keep in mind that sfua has a x2 damage spike in a feeble attempt to make it feel less useless

if something needs vdp, fua, and combos then you're just hosed tho

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Manatee Cannon posted:

if something needs vdp, fua, and combos then you're just hosed tho

This is called the "Planar on a Dmeta team special"

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

I had no idea that you can use your own cards as helpers now, man it's so helpful.

Got an Edward today, and Valk Non as a sub for him. He's really fun, but I now notice how many leaders with extra seconds in their leader skill I've been using. I think I might be pairing him with L Ideal a fair bit.

Ideally (no pun intended) I'd like a nice 7x6 with built in time extends or 8 fingers maybe

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

SweetJahasus posted:

That may work against low level poo poo but if you're having to do endgame damage you're going to need the 7c boosts you (presumably) have on all/most of your subs.
I don't think that poster's list of subs is going anywhere near AA/C50 any time soon so

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Adolf Glitter posted:

I had no idea that you can use your own cards as helpers now, man it's so helpful.

Got an Edward today, and Valk Non as a sub for him. He's really fun, but I now notice how many leaders with extra seconds in their leader skill I've been using. I think I might be pairing him with L Ideal a fair bit.

Ideally (no pun intended) I'd like a nice 7x6 with built in time extends or 8 fingers maybe
I keep an Edward up with the General Taro card if you want an extra super finger 349 519 471

I'd honestly just slot a Yomi/Yuna/Revo Luci or more before pairing with L Ideal if you can do that. That's a big leadership downgrade and every time you eat a gravity you're going to cry as it disables your 50% conditional.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

new christmas ilmina ult has 3 fingers. give her an equip with a finger (pocket watch from fma is nice for this) and that's as much move time as ideal would give you

tho she also needs a heart cross, so

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

Manatee Cannon posted:

the buffs to the christmas stuff is live and ilmina is insane

That reminds me of one of my crown achievements from my old account and one of the units I genuinely miss.

MAXIMUM FLUFF GIRL

GoodBee posted:

There are occasionally other special one-time deals that are a good use of survey dollars. Usually something like 1 stone + 1 roll on the collab/special REM for $0.99.

Yeah, special offers like that are an exception.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Framboise posted:

That reminds me of one of my crown achievements from my old account and one of the units I genuinely miss.

MAXIMUM FLUFF GIRL

Yeah, special offers like that are an exception.

Watch out JP is experimenting with 20 buck special rolls that guarantee a top level drop in collab REMs.

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

SweetJahasus posted:

Too add to this, FUA is basically the toughest part of the new Valk, IMO.

Cotton and Kammimusubi are the obvious stand-outs if you're able to get them (Cotton can also have 3x 7c, and Kammi has a skill CD of 5, so you can inherit good poo poo like awoken bind clears or Fujins over it pretty easily).

I finally pulled my first Kamimusubi on my main, which is great, but now I'm undecided if I want to get Ciel to lead with or Athena to step up my DMeta game.

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

Manatee Cannon posted:

new christmas ilmina ult has 3 fingers. give her an equip with a finger (pocket watch from fma is nice for this) and that's as much move time as ideal would give you

tho she also needs a heart cross, so

Yeah, I was looking at her, but crosses are my Achilles heel. I got this box with a RMyr that I tried so hard to like, but to no avail.

Rascyc posted:

I keep an Edward up with the General Taro card if you want an extra super finger 349 519 471

I'd honestly just slot a Yomi/Yuna/Revo Luci or more before pairing with L Ideal if you can do that. That's a big leadership downgrade and every time you eat a gravity you're going to cry as it disables your 50% conditional.

Yeah, I have Yuna in already, and might even throw Yomi back in if need be.
(We're already friends) :-)

Really pleased to get the extra 7c on Ed first time.
Also evoed Okami (I think) into an assist for Momiji for a bind clear and extra rcv. Team has about 8 prongs and 8 7cs which is funtimes

-edit- Uhhh, just noticed that Momiji is bindable, so that'll change, damnit

YerDa Zabam fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Dec 13, 2018

Infinite Karma
Oct 23, 2004
Good as dead

Building Valk-Ciel teams isn't as easy as I would have thought. There are plenty of decent Healers, but not actually a lot of 7c Healers that are also in a good color combo (and have useful actives). Compared to, say, Vraska or B&J, she seems like a slight downgrade, not an amazing game-changer?

Or is she just good, but not a game-changer a la DMeta?

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
She feels perfect for someone just coming back to the game. I like combo units because they're versatile, but I'd have got Athena if I had more light Gods. Her LS seems a bit more color hungry than Valk's, too, so Valk was the one I was satisfied with.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

valk ciel is worse than bj and dmeta but she is good. her main downside is the extremely limited subpool. she also can't use kuroyuri, tho at least her healer restriction means she isn't wanting for rcv

an ideal ciel team is prob better than vraska but I don't think many people can put one together. most people will prob end up not using her as a lead much because they can't put a team together for her, but she is also the best sub of the 3 so it's not a huge deal

Infinite Karma
Oct 23, 2004
Good as dead

Manatee Cannon posted:

valk ciel is worse than bj and dmeta but she is good. her main downside is the extremely limited subpool. she also can't use kuroyuri, tho at least her healer restriction means she isn't wanting for rcv

an ideal ciel team is prob better than vraska but I don't think many people can put one together. most people will prob end up not using her as a lead much because they can't put a team together for her, but she is also the best sub of the 3 so it's not a huge deal
That's completely her saving grace.

I have a pretty full box, and I can find healers that do what I need, but there aren't many healers with double+7c and useful actives/awakenings on top of that. And when I grab the best in my box, there's no color synergy.

Basically, I'm just bitter that I can't roll a DMeta, and Yusuke covers all the bases too well.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
I have a near perfect Ciel box with Ideal / Light Cotton / Praeline core and the last sub I've cycled between Yuna/Fujin/Apollo/Diao Chan with a special inherit. It's a good team but Edward with a Mel still feels better overall. I definitely feel the lack of depth on actives with Ciel. If I didn't have Ideal I guess my only healer board would be pixel Cecil short of another inherit on Diao Chan.

Praelinae is a big hit though, highly recommend for that team.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Is Valk an upgrade over OdinDra as a Yusuke sub? It seems like the only downside is losing the Awaken Bind clear

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the combo full bind/awoken bind clear is the whole point of odindra. valk is a great yusuke sub but she can't cover odindra's role

Zeta
Jul 29, 2009

KWEOOOOOO
Pillbug
Pretty much done with the new thread OP rewrite, the only thing I need now is a hilarious thread title - post some suggestions! (I've got nothing, I'm not funny)

I'll post the new thread sometime tomorrow, probably afternoon EST.

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

Zeta posted:

Pretty much done with the new thread OP rewrite, the only thing I need now is a hilarious thread title - post some suggestions! (I've got nothing, I'm not funny)

I'll post the new thread sometime tomorrow, probably afternoon EST.

Puzzle & Dragons 16.0: BJs are the key to winning the game

Krakhan
Oct 13, 2005

I see you.

Kuros posted:

Puzzle & Dragons 16.0: BJs are the key to winning the game

BJs are the new Dark Meta.~

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

Krakhan posted:

BJs are the new Dark Meta.~

Puzzles and Dragons 16.0: Reeche around

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Pad 12.0: it’s just Yu Yu Hakusho and Full Metal Alchemist

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

boo_radley posted:

Puzzles and Dragons 16.0: Reeche around

I like this one.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Sockser posted:

Pad 12.0: it’s just Yu Yu Hakusho and Full Metal Alchemist
honestly I like this one a lot, collabs are the funniest part of PAD

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

To shamelessly crib from previous posters:

PAD 12.0: BJs and Reeche arounds.

He Who Dares
May 9, 2013

Radio Free Gracemeria
PAD: Da meta is D. Meta

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

Olothreutes posted:

PAD 16.0: BJs and Reeche arounds.

I like this. With the proper game version.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Kuros posted:

I like this. With the proper game version.

PAD 69.0

WCL
Dec 26, 2008

NYAAAH-AH-AH!
Pad 16.0: Yusuke and Edward Elric buddy cop film

Pad 16.0: Now with *Insert favorite anime character here*!

Pad 16.0: Yusuke and Edward Elric fight Satan for anime tiddies (my fan fic pt.12)

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Up to 48 in this dumb tower. I basically just play Ciel, wipe sometimes, switch to Edward and slay. Everytime I die on Ciel it's due to lack of actives to support a good final VDP hit. Half of these VDPs can just be killed the old fashioned way.

I really like this tower though, wish they'd do more of these.

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

Rascyc posted:

I really like this tower though, wish they'd do more of these.

I'm enjoying it too. The challenge coupled with the good reward makes it nice, but what really sells it for me is that each try is only thirty stamina, so going in blind and wiping because oops you need a damage absorb void active doesn't feel as irritating.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I'm down to 45, 47, and 49 personally

does valk in 47 really force you to make a box to kill her? she healed herself back to full every time I pinged her down below her resolve threshold. then I guess I hit her turn limit while stalling for my tricolor with hearts because she nuked me

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

I too like this challenge structure. Its making me try dungeons with different teams instead of just min-maxing everything and going in with perfect knowledge.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
ive been telling yall to stop sucking pdx's dick every time you need to enter a dungeon for years

game is way more fun that way

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

dragon enthusiast posted:

ive been telling yall to stop sucking pdx's dick every time you need to enter a dungeon for years

game is way more fun that way

I pretty much always do things blind. It just sucks horribly to lose a hundred stamina because your team can’t get under the bosses damage absorb limit or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeta
Jul 29, 2009

KWEOOOOOO
Pillbug
New thread, nerds: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3877051

I'll close this one