Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Nosre posted:

Yog in 8 pulls, that wasn't so bad. Can I get a 'top 4 subs' mini primer? Haven't paid attention in months.

Yog can use all sorts of subs and constantly changes them to tackle a specific dungeon. But, in general, you need a monster with FUA (the awakening that lets you kill resolve monsters in one hit), a mon or two that hit really hard (7c awakenings > lots of rows > prongs), and some utility if the dungeon requires it. Monsters with fast actives that can generate light orbs are also great, and high HP is good.

So, for instance, my typical Yog team in the US is Yuna (damage), LL Ariel (fast active, also hits hard), and Momiji (FUA, board change). The last spot is covered by whatever extra I may need.

As for best of the best subs, they are pretty whaley. Cotton is definitely #1 (FUA, super-fast active, 7c, unbindable), Ney and Ideal, Ilmina, Ilm (if you wanna go the row route), another Yog (specially in coop). That sort of things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

sweet, thank you!

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
I got my two white whales this pcgf in the forms of Orochi and Skuld so I'm mostly happy.

I have so many trash silvers that I want to sell again but I've been too afraid since equipment became a thing. I'm just expanding my box space more and more every week now.

ChikoDemono
Jul 10, 2007

He said that he would stay forever.

Forever wasn't very long...

New Zeus dungeon restriction dungeon in JP is pretty easy if you have any of the monsters that came out this year. Did it with No. 6. Unfortunately, I received Healer Killer for my free roll.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

had some kinda bad good luck on my alt. rolled two 6* gfe's but they were paimon and my second ilm

really what I wanted from this was tachibana, anubis, or yog/ney (unlikely as that might have been). o well can't complain... except about that zhuge liang crystal egg. gently caress that

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus

ChikoDemono posted:

New Zeus dungeon restriction dungeon in JP is pretty easy if you have any of the monsters that came out this year. Did it with No. 6. Unfortunately, I received Healer Killer for my free roll.

Is it even a challenge? I just walked through with Dathena and the girls. Machine killer.

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

After what I felt was a disappointing showing from the good fest yesterday I decided to whale a bit.

Yesterday:
Fire dragon swordsman (boo)
Light egg dragon (dupe)
Nut
Paimon
Anima
Marine rider
Arondight

Whale rolls:
Dark Valk
Dark chester (dupe)
Yog :woop:
Yomi x2
Orochi
Indra
Kush
Vishnu
Arondight (again)
Ganesha (dupe)
Sima Yi

That went well, I think, even though I still don't have a Fujin.

Is there any value in a dupe Ganesha? I guess as an inherit, or maybe go awoken instead of Uuevo?

Olothreutes fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Oct 15, 2017

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Olothreutes posted:

After what I felt was a disappointing showing from the good fest yesterday I decided to whale a bit.

Yesterday:
Fire dragon swordsman (boo)
Light egg dragon (dupe)
Nut
Paimon
Anima
Marine rider
Arondight

Whale rolls:
Dark Valk
Dark chester (dupe)
Yog :woop:
Yomi x2
Orochi
Indra
Kush
Vishnu
Arondight (again)
Ganesha (dupe)
Sima Yi

That went well, I think, even though I still don't have a Fujin.

Is there any value in a dupe Ganesha? I guess as an inherit, or maybe go awoken instead of Uuevo?

With the new equipment evolutions every dupe mon will likely have some value in the long-term. Ganesha could become, like, some tusks you put on your dudes.

Against my better judgement I rolled three times in the PCGF.

Diao-Chan (great! just what I needed to cheese challenge dungeons with Anubis/Diablos)
Some loser
Yog (#2, not that I'm complaining)

That was pretty good.

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE
I'm suspecting that equips are going to be primarily for non pantheon stuff, as an alternative to giving all of them Awoken forms. It would also add some degree of symmetry with everything having one irreversible evo.

Lu Bu may become the only pantheon god turned equip?

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

isndl posted:

I'm suspecting that equips are going to be primarily for non pantheon stuff, as an alternative to giving all of them Awoken forms. It would also add some degree of symmetry with everything having one irreversible evo.

Lu Bu may become the only pantheon god turned equip?

I suspect it's going to be a disorganized mess and that AA Luci will get an equip before he gets an awakening.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
Red Myr is here, thread title is relevant again :toot:

So, anyone else getting Red Myr and/or Light Hera Dragon, and if so, what teams are you using? I'm going with Myr/Uriel/Uriel/Urd/Urd and Heradra/Paimon/Paimon/Ilm/Thor for now.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
Red Myr without TE on subs is not very good.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Tarezax posted:

I think that in this case the one who is not very good is somebody else :colbert:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Tarezax posted:

Her leader skill doesn’t have the time extends either so you need to be very loving good to drop 7 combos + cross consistently. Basically if you’re a trash player like me don’t get her. Also none of her subs are bind immune or have TE awakenings sooooooooo

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Oct 16, 2017

bengy81
May 8, 2010
I got light Heradra to gently caress around with, kind of bored farming with D.Athena.
I'm not gonna buy R.Myr, unless I luck into some better subs or something. No way I'm going to hit 7c and a cross on the regs.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I bought her on both accounts because eh gently caress it and I'm not sure what my last couple subs should be (two are urd). which two d'you think would work best out of revo shiva, cthugha, trailokyava, and revo minerva?

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Her leader skill doesn’t have the time extends either so you need to be very loving good to drop 7 combos + cross consistently. Basically if you’re a trash player like me don’t get her. Also none of her subs are bind immune or have TE awakenings sooooooooo

inahime has both and her active is both a bind clear and perfect board for rmyr. red sakuya works as a poverty option tho

TheJadedOne
Aug 13, 2004
Bought Red Myr since I have enough to make a team. Not sure if I wanna pick up Light Hera Dragon. I don't have Paimon and not sure what else to fill the team with

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
red myr is basically a discount diara - ironic since diara is free - but from the looks of it NA isn't getting diara any time soon so go nuts on rmyr.

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

LHD is probably pretty good as a Zog sub, eh

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Manatee Cannon posted:

I bought her on both accounts because eh gently caress it and I'm not sure what my last couple subs should be (two are urd). which two d'you think would work best out of revo shiva, cthugha, trailokyava, and revo minerva?

inahime has both and her active is both a bind clear and perfect board for rmyr. red sakuya works as a poverty option tho
Yeah and if you use Inahime you can probably pull from the green TEs too.

There's a lot of weird team makeups you can do, I'm still reminded me of that alt arena run that was RMyr, Yuna, Yuna, Paimon, Sherias Roots, Diabolos (and died on dkali)

Rascyc fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Oct 16, 2017

cheezit
Jan 9, 2004

sleep?
Are there recommended Ney teams? Managed to get lucky and got one yesterday. It doesn't really look like there are any specific teams around them. Just 7C. I have a DAthena team, would it just be a matter of changing leaders there? Maybe going from R.Hakux3/R.Loki to Sima Yi (two of those) and Inamie or whatever the dark wisdom lady is?

I feel like I'm overthinking and it's just finding a bunch of good 7C cards...

Also, would the green Ney work instead of making a 49x DAthena team? I got 3 Oichi somehow....

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

is there any reason in using ney over dathena in the first place? their playstyle is identical but dathena has more health (that isn't tied to an activation like ney's shield) and has an rcv bonus. ney can do more damage but I feel like it's better to use her b/d ult as a dathena sub rather than replacing dathena with ney as the lead. ney does extend your time a bit but it's not like you need it for her leader skill

you could totally make her green ult and field all of your oichi's but keep in mind that oichi doesn't have any offensive awakenings at all. your damage will be worse than you might be expecting. awoken perseus would be a good sub choice tho

Zeta
Jul 29, 2009

KWEOOOOOO
Pillbug

CubicalSucrose posted:

Hello friends. After a few tries I got an Oichi so I think I can play the game. 338,334,444

Here's my team, I think, if I'm doing this right - https://www.padherder.com/user/CubicalSucrose/monsters/

Just been going through killing stuff so far.

Little late on this, but you should build a mono-wood team rather than using the team that you posted. Basically just put the strongest wood monster you get from dungeons on your team and that will be better than what you have now.

Oichi gives 4x attack to all wood monsters by default, so the non-wood monster on your team are not benefiting from this at all. Even a weaker wood monster will hit harder than a stronger off-color monster with Oichi, due to the way the multiplier works.

Also, you should complete the normal dungeons until you unlock The Heroes' Hideout (Two Heroes), then run that until you get at least one Highlander. He's a wood-orb changer, which you'll need for Oichi since she is very orb-hungry.

cheezit
Jan 9, 2004

sleep?

Manatee Cannon posted:

is there any reason in using ney over dathena in the first place? their playstyle is identical but dathena has more health (that isn't tied to an activation like ney's shield) and has an rcv bonus. ney can do more damage but I feel like it's better to use her b/d ult as a dathena sub rather than replacing dathena with ney as the lead. ney does extend your time a bit but it's not like you need it for her leader skill

you could totally make her green ult and field all of your oichi's but keep in mind that oichi doesn't have any offensive awakenings at all. your damage will be worse than you might be expecting. awoken perseus would be a good sub choice tho

I think mostly for the more damage, as well as looking at something slightly different on my screen. And I got excited that the REM finally spit out something I didn't have and that people want, and I got excited. haha.

Would the L/D Ney be worth pairing up with Yog? I have a handful of Sun Wukongs and the like.

Zeta
Jul 29, 2009

KWEOOOOOO
Pillbug

cheezit posted:

Would the L/D Ney be worth pairing up with Yog? I have a handful of Sun Wukongs and the like.

L/D Ney requires light and dark orbs to activate her leader skill. Yog's active skill erases dark orbs, as does Sun Wukong.

Ney generally works best as a sub, rather than a leader.

cheezit
Jan 9, 2004

sleep?

Zeta posted:

L/D Ney requires light and dark orbs to activate her leader skill. Yog's active skill erases dark orbs, as does Sun Wukong.

Ney generally works best as a sub, rather than a leader.

Dag. Oh well, I'll see if she works well on DAthena, then. I was sadly excited for a new leader.

Back to the D.Athena/R.Anubis salt mines.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

I made an Oichi/ Robin Hood/ Robin Hood/ Kaede/ Verdandi team, and then realized none of my friends are using Oichi

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Good friends don't Oichi

cheezit
Jan 9, 2004

sleep?

trucutru posted:

Good friends don't Oichi

But I got 3 of them yesterday. :(

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

Im planning on making an Oichi team for fun and ain't no one gonna stop me (because I have no friends)

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

cheezit posted:

But I got 3 of them yesterday. :(

base oichi is a great inherit for stuff like kush and maybe anubis. na doesn't have her yet, but this girl wouldn't mind her either I think

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
oichi is the nicest inherit for anubis/diablos. activates fupa, hits your two main colors, adds combos.

cheezit
Jan 9, 2004

sleep?
Eh, true. Anubis with 3 haku, all with oichi. Haha.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut

Zeta posted:

Little late on this, but you should build a mono-wood team rather than using the team that you posted. Basically just put the strongest wood monster you get from dungeons on your team and that will be better than what you have now.

Oichi gives 4x attack to all wood monsters by default, so the non-wood monster on your team are not benefiting from this at all. Even a weaker wood monster will hit harder than a stronger off-color monster with Oichi, due to the way the multiplier works.

Also, you should complete the normal dungeons until you unlock The Heroes' Hideout (Two Heroes), then run that until you get at least one Highlander. He's a wood-orb changer, which you'll need for Oichi since she is very orb-hungry.

Thanks. I decided I like match-4 more than I like money and bought into the PCGF. Lucky me, I got more Wood. I've been friending a bunch of other Oichis since x16 is pretty nice when I combo off. Current team is Oichi/Bearded Guan You/Sasuke/Mystic Stone Knight (low cooldown on orb changing seems to make up for lower base stats?) And then another Oichi to round it out, but I don't particularly love that last slot. 18 turns doesn't really happen yet. Might swap in the Gigarock guy I got from a special dungeon.

Today I did tech dungeon 1 level 1 a bunch to get some green pengdras to pump up the Guan Yu a bit, but now I'm out of dragon things to evolve them. Might go back to focusing on pushing normal dungeons for now.

Tried Anubis for a couple matches but I'm terrible at the game still so not yet.

heisenberg
Dec 17, 2008

Zo posted:

oichi is the nicest inherit for anubis/diablos. activates fupa, hits your two main colors, adds combos.

As some with Yuna, Skuld, and Ginchiyo (plus a Diaochan, but thats not important) I'm pretty sure my main Anubis colors are light and blue.

isndl
May 2, 2012

CubicalSucrose posted:

Today I did tech dungeon 1 level 1 a bunch to get some green pengdras to pump up the Guan Yu a bit, but now I'm out of dragon things to evolve them. Might go back to focusing on pushing normal dungeons for now.

Don't gently caress around with pengdras, we have jewel dragons every weekday now.

As a rule of thumb, any exp fodder or skillup material that you have to evo first is a colossal waste of time now, either it drops elsewhere already evolved or there's better things to feed. Only exception I can think of would be present eggs.

fairlight
May 18, 2007

An monster that made an Apocalypse board (dark/light/heal) with +2 combo would be so OP and I would roll for three

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Well there's a +1 in pixel Cecil I guess.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Jp announced a bunch of poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

isndl
May 2, 2012

dragon enthusiast posted:

Jp announced a bunch of poo poo

Snowglobe that raises level cap, heart box awakening to deal two follow-up damage, personal haste awakening activated by full rainbow matches a la guard break, and a downs py that removes all your skillups. Also reveals for farmable assist cards (Pirate Zaerog for 2x Vendor Killers, Samurai Zaerog for 2x Enhance killers, Starling was skinned to make a dress).

NA also just got a bunch of stuff: Fenrir/Viz ults, Paimon/Gremory ults, Revo Thor, Red Athena. Also a new OSC with a radar dragon boss and white snek as mail reward for clear.