Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

So I remembered like 10 minutes ago that I had planned to burn my stamina on more ranking dungeon attempts before it ended. Was stuck at around 2% on both my alt and main since day 1 (got 135k on both accounts the day it came out, got up to 137-139k with natural stamina over the week.

First try just now on my alt:

Main's not getting there but I'm not too worried about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

We might get another 100k MP gift between now and DAthena coming anyways...

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

I remember when Zeus-Dios descended was so hard they had to make a Hera-Beorc descended to let people skill up Dios.

Except Beorc was still nearly impossible to 0-stone.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Jesus no this isn't how it works.

Prongs only add to base damage for that specific match. There is no extra multiplier. Eschamali should give overall more damage.

Also, Eschamali's active is way more useful than Kanna's anyways. Use Eschamali.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

TheQuietWilds posted:

I'm gonna disagree again but then drop it. Doing A3/Colosseum with DAthena, it's way better if your damage is roughly even across subs when you're doing the kind of stuff that gets you closest to the cap/absorb for Vishnu, NoahDra or ZeusDra (you should always Fujin HeraDra). Eschamali will always prevent that from happening. DKanna(Eschamali) is a better option.

I'll say this just isn't true without breaking down every single situation, and it also depends on how many Hakus you're running. But for the record, here's some easier breakdowns:

1 dark + 1 other combo. Fits under Sopdet 200k. With DKanna, 1 dark + 1 blue always does over 200k so you get similar damage to this with 1 dark + 2 or 3 other combo, slightly less safe.

2 dark + 1 blue + 1 other. Fits under Vishnu's 1m.

1 dark prong + 1 blue. Doesn't fit under Vishnu's 1m.

2 dark + 1 blue + 2 other. Doesn't get as close to 1m as the Eschamali example, and cascading to 7c absolutely ruins it because of 7c awakenings.

Getting closer to 5 million for Noahdra and 20m (10m dark) for Zeusdra is a lot harder to calculate exactly, and also kind of ruined because it's standard to run 1 or 2 Dragon Killers on Haku. If you want I guess someone else can give some better breakdowns though.

Oh, also DKanna lets you do 1 dark + 1 blue and fit under Parvati, Eschamali means you can match 1 prong + 0 other combo and fit under with DKalis but undershoot hard on everything else. So DKanna is a lot better for Parvati at least.

E: 2 dark prongs, 1 blue, 8 combo screenshots:

If you're actually using Dragon Killers, then this is bad for Esch on Zeusdra. If you're not using Dragon Killers, Esch is better, but also you're more likely to get hosed by skyfalls.

Ultima66 fucked around with this message at 02:52 on May 25, 2017

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

NA always has to deal with a lot more licensing bullshit to get collabs, meaning most of them either never come to NA or are delayed by a ton.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Prism posted:

Played a bit more. Early magic stones are a godsend.

I pulled three times on the player's choice godfest (not counting my starter pull). So now I have Kushinadahime, Vritra, Da Qiao & Xiao Qiao, and Viper Orochi.

I put Da Qiao and Xiao Qiao as the party lead, but if nothing else they all seem pretty good to have on the team, so I'll call that a good start. Anything else I should be keeping an eye out for soonish - time-limited things to do and so forth? It's all mysterious to me, though I read the new players' guide.

I noticed that Vritra, unlike Kushinada and the Qiao pair, did not come at max level; what's the best way to get him up, or is it something I shouldn't worry about right now?

Vritra's pretty useless outside of building teams where you can just 5 different mons with high damage actives and just button push your way through some farming dungeons. Don't worry much about him at all. DQXQ is your best leader for just doing content right now so just play the game and clear dungeons until you get to the point where you have more stuff, since it's hard to really judge what you will and won't end up with when you roll more eventually.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Indra is mainly useful for Noahdra actually. I've been farming a lot of A3 over the last week with Kush, and here's more or less the important notes for the Radar dragons and inherits:

Hephdra: For the most part inherits won't matter at all because of the delay, but if you have an Indra inherited on a Haku you'll actually have the Haku still up after the delay even without any SDR latents, which is nice.
Noahdra: The strat is to pop Indra and get as close to 5m per monster as possible to get her low, then burst her down. Her second judgment is untankable without Indra and she makes a 0 heart board every turn. Enhance is useful if you can balance the damage for Dath, I never really use it for Kush.
Gaiadra: Gives you a bunch of turns to do as much damage as possible, Indra is needed to tank the first hit on turn 3, though it's possible to kill her before then, just kind of hard.
Zeusdra: Try to do like 50% on turn 1 and 50% on turn 2, as long as you don't do too little or burst way too high it's fine. Indra helps a little on tanking the big hits that mess.
Heradra: Use Fujin. Possible to kill with Indra shield to tank 2 hits, but not recommended because it's really hard.

That said, here are the inherits/active types you'd actually want on an A3 farming team and where they're relevant:

Bind Clear - Helpful against Zeus + Hera and Kagu because they do full team binds under resolve. It's possible to just kill them immediately after the bind with just leaders so it's not a huge deal.
Defense Break - Mostly mandatory against Predras. Even if you can burst over their defense it's usually much easier to just pop Lumiel on them, and there's basically no cost since Lumiel is useful besides the defense break anyways.
Delay - More or less mandatory for Vishnu unless you want to bring 2 Fujin actives. Delay is more generally helpful. If you reach the Athena/Beelz/DQ Hera floor and your delay is up, just use it and stall a bit since you won't need it after that floor.
Absorb Void - More or less mandatory for Heradra and only Heradra. Obviously you can use them on Vishnu or Parvati or Sopdet, but you don't need to and if you do and then get Heradra you're hosed.
Shield - Makes Noahdra and Gaiadra a lot more doable, helpful everywhere.
Damage enhance - Helps a ton on Kali, can be very helpful on Noahdra/Gaiadra but you have to be careful not to overshoot their damage voids with an enhance.
Board change - Obviously you're gonna stack these anyways because orb changers are the most important actives in general, but needed for Ilsix and Beelzebub.

Ideal setups for inherits are usually 1 delay, 1 absorb void, 1 enhance, 1 board changer that makes hearts, 1 defense break, and 1 shield for Dath. Most people just roll the defense break and an orb changer into one with Lumiel. For Kush it's the same except the enhance is fairly optional, so I run a bind clear instead. Board change is also useful in that slot. The extra hotness is putting something like Ishida on Kush because you can match a row of hearts to bind clear while serving as an extra board change.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Raph is fine, it's at least better than the Grodin I use right now cause I'm too lazy to replace it.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

I bought a pack and then immediately rolled Seijuro. Now I have stones and the only useful thing out of this dumb collab (have the relevant silvers/Kenshin that I've never used from last run of the collab).

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Dude's got resolve, right? It's only like an 8/10 on the embarrassment scale to die to resolve :shobon:

Nope, wastes turn 1 putting up a 5 combo shield and I've never seen what he does past that.

I'm thinking of another guy. Zhou Yu is the guy that will resolve kill you after turn 1, but turn 1 is ok though he blinds your board. That one is reasonable to die to.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

For the record the actual useful 3p dungeons are now up, including the Cthulhu one. Go farm your Cthulhu beasts.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Is this a just throw stones at it until you get one deal? We haven't had one of those in years.

The dungeons are no continue.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

PSA: If I'm trying to stall please don't murder the waves.

Just finished a 0-stone Cthulhu rush with Kush. Ended up losing both partners in the dungeon and got Nyarlathotep as the boss. Used shield actives to slowly clear out the dark orbs (I'm literally running a Raph inherit so I don't have to deal with this poo poo but couldn't stall enough in the dungeon) and then wore him down. Having lots of shield actives across the team helps a ton.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

I did it, took a lot of tries until I finally sat down and mapped out a full solution over like 20 minutes for each board on the last two floors, then practiced a few times on a tablet to make sure my solutions were repeatable.

For some fun, here's my boards on the last two floors, so you can also join in the fun:

http://pad.dawnglare.com/?s=O89G8t0
http://pad.dawnglare.com/?s=Bs2v950 (fixed starting location at the top left orb)

My solutions:
http://pad.dawnglare.com/?s=g6MmSi1
http://pad.dawnglare.com/?s=DOj6Tn1

The most stressful PAD experience of my life.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

I didn't know if there was a better way to show this:

Only took 4 tries the second time.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

I did 20 rolls on my main and got 3 Amatsu. I want a Diablos to co op with my alt...

I can't complain but I'm still upset. Also my alt rolled nothing useful.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Ehhhhh I ended up spending money on my alt. Got a Diablos though, not +ed or fully awoken at the moment but I'll get to it eventually. Added a bunch of friend slots here: 373,122,419.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Damage test/HP check:

Used a Ginchiyo active, so board had 0 dark on it. Skyfalled 1 dark, I think 14 total combo.

I need like 10 more badpys for my Azathoth.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Guys, Yuna (the not pixel one) got 2 7c awakenings. That seems way more exciting to me than any of the pixel ults.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

I ran Anubis/Diablos and it was fine, one death on C10 cause I tried to stall on F9 and didn't realize Liza could oneshot if I left a jammer on the board, also I accidentally triggered Kagu's resolve cause Take had so much hp I figured there was no way I would trigger resolve by 10 comboing without an active. Did C11 with Diablos/Anubis on my alt to burn stam and it was actually really easy, cheesed on my main and it was really annoying and also I got her too low on my first try on accident.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

You can run literally anything on Anubis/Diablos. A shield is important for some dungeons but otherwise just stack things with useful orb changes, stuff like follow up attack awakening, and time extends.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

154k on my alt now, 153.3k on my main. Main says 1% exactly so I might lose it.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

I ended up finishing at 0.3% on main and 0.9% on my alt.

At this point I'm not sure my alt is an alt and it's not just a second main.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Zeta posted:

Just lol if all your subs don't have double 7c awakenings

Also, everyone should roll for Yuna. And if you use Anubis, also roll for Cecil, since he is an excellent inherit.

I run this exact team but my alt has the Diablos and I run Skuld instead of Nohime. Confirming it's the best.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

I'm just using Anubis as a lead over Yuna I'm not sure why I'd want to switch really.

E: Whaling so far got my a Cloud and Cecil. I kind of want Noctis, Sephiroth, or Tifa too but idk if I'll pull more. And I guess a second Yuna would be welcome.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

It was 7x for matching 2 hearts in an era where the best endgame leader was L/L Ra, with 4x for matching 5/6 colors and 7x for matching 6/6 colors. Also had an active that comboed with Pandora for a 50/50 heart/dark split. And people were still all in on the Ronia train, and DKali/LKali didn't even exist yet to make Ra consistently playable.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

My alt got a beach Eschamali with its free pull.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

bengy81 posted:

So what's the best use for my tri mask? Razazel or Jormundgander or hold on to it for a while?

None of the evos are particularly useful in the MODERN META and we get at least 1 extra tri mask every time a new one comes out (if you can do the challenge).

Jorm is the closest to useful as I've seen for his inherit, as I've seen it as a staple inherit for the Yog toolbox as a combination poison and full board light + heart change. Red Athena isn't in NA yet but is technically stronger than Dath, though I doubt anyone will actually be running Red Athena regularly when she comes out. Hera-Nyx is also not in NA but is an upgrade to Trailokyavijaya for all your cheesing needs, but that comes up extremely rarely.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

I just failed at clearing the dark orbs for long enough that she eventually just went away and suicided. Then I finished clearing the rest of the orbs over the course of the dungeon.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

On my alt I just ran Diablos + 4 things with a bunch of 7c awakenings and comboed as hard as I could.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

My alt has like 900k MP should I buy RMyr? I Anublos everything with my alt + main right now and I can buy it on my main and have mp left over to buy whatever else but the same isn't true about my alt. And I probably wouldn't use RMyr unless both my accounts have it.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

All the god mask Revos are. Jorm-Ullr is a common inherit for light teams as a heart + light maker that can double as a defense pierce.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Manatee Cannon posted:

is that worth using even now?

Nah these are are terrible compared to the Diara you would need to make one of them.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Xiang Mei and Xin Hua still have terrible sub selection, and again you're comparing to Diara who is 10x attack and 50% shield for 1 cross and 25x for 2. Effectively a 4/625/4 multiplier max. With Diablos you get 85x pretty consistently with a huge shield and 212.5x or 531.25x with a good board. None of the gentlemen really compare well to that.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Plorkyeran posted:

Even with effectively infinite move time you aren't going to be reliably making 3 crosses on a 6x5 board.

What? If you mean because a majority of boards don't support it then sure. If you mean because it's too hard then this is pretty inaccurate, I could hit 3 crosses consistently with Acala on tricolor boards that supported them

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Infinite Karma posted:

I quit a year and a half ago, and in a moment of weakness, I've signed in again. What are the good endgame leaders now? And how do I get up and running with the new hard stuff like Mechanical Descends? Evolving my Ra Dragon would be nice, and assigning some assists would also be nice.

A lot of the people still sticking around are running everything with Anubis x Diablos. If you don't have Anubis you can run whatever other combo/rainbow leader you want with a high multiplier and jam that with Diablos. The best options after Anubis being Christmas Kali, Kushinadahime, Sherias Roots, and Yuna. The other popular leads are pretty much all things you wouldn't have rolled if you quit for a while, or the 750K MP purchases (Dark Athena, Light Heradra, Red Myr).

E: Failing all that you can technically just run Radra with Diablos but it's not recommended since the condition is harder than Christmas Kali and 12x multiplier is lower than 15x for Shroots and Kali, 16x for Yuna, 18x for Kushinadahime, or 30x for Anubis with active.

Ultima66 fucked around with this message at 08:53 on Nov 14, 2017

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Kingnothing posted:

It's been years since I've really played this game. I've got tons of poo poo but with so many newer branching U-Evos and reincarnations and etc I have no loving idea what I should focus on. Does someone mind taking a look?

https://www.padherder.com/user/KinglyUser/monsters

1. Make a Reincarnated Anubis ASAP.
2. Find all the Diablos friends you can, possibly BFF one.
3. Max out your Romias as time extend sticks unless you feel really good at puzzling.
4. Load up the other two slots with literally anything other combination of Follow Up Attack, more Time Extend, 7c awakenings, heart making, shield, delay, etc you want. Ryune and Verdandi are the two FUA mons you have from a quick glance, they both have 7c in their best form, and they both make hearts. Verdandi's color change is more relevant if you're gonna use Romia because Romia and Diablos are both green.
5. Stomp through every dungeon in the game (you may need to find a Diablos with Fujin inherit as a friend and stall a shitload because your box doesn't have a damage absorb void).

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

delfin posted:

Has Myne the maid dropped for anyone? I'm around 0-for-15 so far. (Don't really need her but I'd take one for completeness's sake.)

Got it on my max team size 4 run with my alt somehow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

If you have Isis and not too much else, friending Yuna and Diablos partners can work pretty well with Revo Isis and should be able to get you through a lot of things. Dath is a good start with Hakus but I doubt you have the 750k mp on hand.