Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Kuros posted:

Acnologia is a good DAthena assist if you don't have Haku/Ryune.

and you could still inherit him over durga or something if you do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Elephant Ambush posted:

What are the top Dark Athena subs?

haku, persephone, durga, sima yi, other stuff idk

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

trucutru posted:

So JP had the gatcha dungeon (the one where you fight the REM dragons at the end) back for an hour today so I cleared it and...

Blammo! SIX free rolls for you.

Granted, 3 of those are on the special green REM but I got a fully evolved Miru there and the other 3 gave me a Goetia, LuBu and some useless silver.

are you for real? :wtc: man, when do we get that poo poo

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I should have checked what titania did before going into the dungeon

ronove is not what I'd call consistent at getting past a 7c shield. that wasn't very fun

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Evil Fluffy posted:

I'll BFF you and then we'll just need a 3rd person to join so you can BFF them and they can BFF me(321,461,241).

Any other takers? I tend to have Shiva/Krishna up and Ra (who will probably be replaced with Myr). If you have a BFF to use still you might as well get in on this because it's getting reset soon so you'll have another BFF to use.

I've already added you and have shiva up in my main slot (ronove is my second slot. I have revo ra and myr but I don't have teams ready for them), so I'll send you a bff. why not

373 102 401

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Slore Tactician posted:

So I've got 300K MP, what am I buying?

depends on what you have

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

yea I think the tedium part of the equation is more important than how hard it is. I wouldn't wanna grind that out, personally

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Lick! The! Whisk! posted:

Like 90% of this game is grind. The amount of time I spend not-grinding (running a3, that's...kind of it) versus the time I spend grinding (virtually everything else that is done in this game) is marginal.

Like I get the supposition of the statement, but...yeah, you're either grinding for MP or you're grinding for evo mats, monster exp, or various other items you need. The time spent "playing the game", however you define it, is pretty tiny in comparison to time spent "grinding".

the grinding threshold between grabbing a couple masks off the wednesday dungeon and getting 10k mp per day is not comparable

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Evil Fluffy posted:

We are never, ever getting Ezra in Global despite Fairy Tail being fairly popular in the West, are we? :sigh:

not if it's part of the shonen jump collab

if it's separate like bleach tho? maybe

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Wait is there a BFF reset coming up?

bff, presents, and the rank machines

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

cool, 3 revos I wanted. freyja and artemis will be good for my astaroth team and at least god type opens some doors for ametarasu

wouldn't mind that new gfe either, tho actually rolling it is another story

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

boo_radley posted:

What series is that from? Also, who is it?

he's meliodas from the weekly shonen jump collab. if you mean what series as in what show, then it's called seven deadly sins

http://puzzledragonx.com/en/news.asp?nid=645

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

speaking of jammers, I noticed that the buffed fenrir viz is a 2.25/225/2.25 lead

are there enough devil cards that make jammers to make this a legit gimmick team or is it still just a dumb waste of time?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

looks like I gotta revert some wukong evos. need that unbindable awoken version

really wish awoken andromeda didn't need hearts because I could use my scheat and 3 scheat shinjis for a prong team with her :sigh: oh well, I have 2 anyway so I might as well make one

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

fairlight posted:

Jesus Christ, they brought back that thing where monsters are highlighted as available for evolution even when they can only devolve. Why?? Who wants that?

You can go into change order -> special -> evolvable at least.

the arrow box on the side is lit up if you can evolve now. confused me for a sec as well

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Vincent Valentine posted:

Yo the news says that today is the only day for the 100k mp dungeon but I don't see it, anyone else have this problem?

no, today is the last day for this particular 100k mp dungeon that has been running for days. if it's not there, you probably already did it

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

wow the godfest tomorrow is garbage huh

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

trash godfest tho this may be, I am yet compelled to roll every time dkali and/or kaede are boosted. I didn't get either of them but I did get

main
blodin
folen lazule (???)
minerva

alt
lmeta
henry boram (???)
sea serpent :sigh:

I had to check the middle rolls for both and it's weird that I got 2 guys from the same rando pantheon at the same time, but w/e. I'm glad that my very first roll after they added crystal eggs is a troll in the form of blodin. not that he's bad or anything, but of all the 6* to roll today... lmeta's decent timing since I have her on both accounts now. I could make coop teams for her new ult if I wanted (idk that I do but it's an option). the real winner is minerva tho. real happy with that one

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

inherit 2 of them on top of the other 2

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

vajrabhairava and... salamander :rolldice:

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I really wish there were a sell all button

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Sharon.

I guess I can't be too mad because I didn't have a row-making active for ALB.

what does alb need with a water row? wouldn't you want leeza for that?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

ah ok, I don't have alb myself so idk how his team building works

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

did another couple rolls because I have no self control and got a third snow white and... gan ning? I had to look him up, but hey a 6* that removes orb lock and has a double board change is pretty nice imo. tho idk what I'd actually use a fire/water orb change for

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

LuciferMorningstar posted:

Gan Ning looks like a stellar Hermes/SQ sub.

unfortunately I don't have sq and hermes is on my other account. I'll keep them in mind if I get them tho, thanks

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

tzirean posted:

OK, so, haven't played in forever, don't know what the gently caress is happening, didn't really know what the gently caress was happening back then because of multiplayer. Tear my box apart.

https://www.padherder.com/user/SAtzirean/monsters/

My impression is that I need to evolve Ra Dragon (which is apparently super hard) and then focus on reincarnating the other mons I use? How important is multiplayer?

isn't radra/dkali/dkali/aisis/revo susano like a perfect radra team? I think you'll be fine

you can also make a dathena team with haku/haku/persephone/durga if you got the 750k mp for her

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Nosre posted:

np I'll probably just throw it on someone relevant too

Anyone want a 1-way BFF? Having Ilm up would be highly preferred, then other stuff I'd be interested in are RaDrag, Ganesha, Ronove

367 809 341

sure I'll add you, I have krishna/ganesha/ronove up right now

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I look forward to seeing the poverty radra teams people put together with inheritable azathoth

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

RoboCicero posted:

I'm a bit disappointed that :cthulhu: leader skills aren't something weird and totally unviable as a lead. 5x attack for if more than 8 jammer orbs exist on the board at the end of your turn, 10x attack for exactly one combo, 1/8th HP / RCV multiplier, idk

2x to hp and/or rcv, but you lose hp every time you make a move as you slowly go insane from seeing cthulhu

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

seebs posted:

I don't actually even understand multiplayer. I played like one level with my spouse once just for a Quest, but I don't actually get the mechanics. The thing is, the 100M health Zeus Dragon looks sorta hard to me. But without it, I can't actually evo a Ra Dragon to the form where I'd have a chance of using it.

Is there a good writeup of mechanics? I am wondering about things like, what happens if one of two teams has a leader skill that gives 7x6 board, does the other team get it free then?

yea because you still have that leader in the friend lead slot. you're over thinking this a little

mp is really simple. it adds your hp together, and... that's it really. your turn acts as it would in a sp dungeon (the other person's leader just acts like the leader you'd pick in a sp dungeon), and so does your partner's turn. your actives will recharge slower because it only counts the turns your team is active, but you get the other team's actives to use so it more than evens out

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Zoness posted:

Well there's one big reason - convenience.

Sometimes I don't wanna wait for someone to join my room.

obviously this is why you play multiplayer with your alt :v:

speaking of convenience tho, I wish you could swap to different floors of the same dungeon without remaking the room. unless you can and I'm just dumb and bad?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I was looking at the new lmeta and getting kinda excited because I thought I'd finally be able to make use of a bunch of the light makers I'd rolled but haven't found a use for yet, such as ars nova or ny hanzo... and then I noticed the god type restriction. why are all of my light makers either devils or dragons? I can't even use saria :sigh:

at least I have a couple that qualify per account (ny leilan and castor+pollux on my main/wukong and rei sirius on my alt), but that was kinda disheartening to find out. I can still inherit them over something else but still

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Zoness posted:

just inherit them all on like reincarnated venus

Manatee Cannon posted:

I can still inherit them over something else but still

e: also I can't inherit everything I'd want to use anyway since some of it is in use elsewhere. like that saria I mentioned is already on other teams

Manatee Cannon fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Apr 4, 2017

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the reset happens sometime tonight, right?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Vincent Valentine posted:

A play style that supports not charging skills or planning, the puzzle and dragon equivalent of a magic the gathering aggro deck or a zerg rush would be excellent.

Give me reduced move time with high bonuses for multiple combos and start the move timer immediately after the previous cascade finishes animating.

so like the khepri dungeon 4 second limit except as part of a leader skill?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

reset hit and I got the 2 memorial rolls on my alt but not the bff or present? weird; they're there on my main

got pretty nice rolls tho. meimei and durga on my main and my alt rolled u&y and ilm (!). ilm is amusing to me since it's another in my growing pile of devil light makers that don't qualify for the new lmeta. meimei's interesting since I could go for her devil ult to use with astaroth (or I could just inherit her revo onto something instead), and durga's another nice dathena sub to throw on the pile. don't have much use for u&y atm but w/e; the active could be good to have around later

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I was really excited to see an evo for gkali since I have her already, but that buff is kinda underwhelming unless I decide to run her as a leader (hint: I probably won't)

might save some throwaway rolls to chase that orochi tho, and I wouldn't mind the susano or acala either

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

cryptoclastic posted:

Finally tried 3-player. This is great. I love the random matching. I wish I could do this in normal 2-player. Finding someone to play with is a pain so I mostly just do it with my alt, or not at all.

obviously you should just get another alt and play with yourself while you play with yourself

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

so how does eschamali/eschamali/persephone/durga sound for a dathena team? I also have loki for the double sbr slot. unfortunately the only water/dark orb changes I have are some scheat shinji dups, so I'd need to inherit to make any water. also, would I revo the persephone? I'd assume so but you lose the water subtype so idk

Lick! The! Whisk! posted:

I need to bf anyone with a slot one or two uuevo Ganesha.

Preferred leads for the other slot: ALB, Yomidra, Myr with Fujin inherit (must be with Fujin inherit specifically), Dathena whenever she comes out.

I have ganesha but none of the others if you're desparate (tho I do plan on getting dathena) 314 519 477

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

cryptoclastic posted:

If you guys are on the same schedule JP was, there was an entire month of 5,500 MP a day, and a rank 555 Tama that was worth 55,000.

No need to start selling stuff when you don't even know when the card is releasing.

on the one hand, I want that rank 555 tama

on the other hand, I really don't want to grind 220 ranks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I can chain rank if I felt like it

it's just insanely tedious. I also don't have a farming team, so