Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrMoose
Jan 4, 2003

Happy Happy Joy Joy
Oh awesome, new thread time.

I'm happy that the blinged out Isis is still a picture here in these new threads, how long has she been around now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrMoose
Jan 4, 2003

Happy Happy Joy Joy
So who else is running Voltron? Because I am about to plus this team up and need friends. 350,083,245

I'd also like to find people that will run Dark Athena and RevoKush to BF also or, maybe, even to triangle with. I run a bunch of different leads, but commonly use Radra, Ilmina or Meridionalis for now (until the other previously mentioned revos are here).

Paul Zuvella posted:

Speaking of which, I will be looking for a DAthena BF (possibly a triangle?) who will have an Force inherit on theirs.

If you decide to inherit something different on your Dark Athena, let me know. I'm putting Force on mine, but have my laser on Revo Haku :(

MrMoose
Jan 4, 2003

Happy Happy Joy Joy

Adolf Glitter posted:

Can anyone see any mega efficient (easy) alternative team in my box?
I have loads of stuff that I see mentioned above such as Goemon, Vritra etc, but I don't know much about these mega efficient sweep of death teams

Probably just lead with rodin, put your Ra in as a sub, pair with Goemon. laser first four stages, goemon last one.

You could also run Rodin/Famiel/Lumiel/RRa/Blodin/Ilmina friend and probably be fine. I do Ilmina/Famiel/Famiel/Lumiel/Ra/Ilmina. An Ilmina board with Ilmina/Rodin lead should be more than enough to take down heavy metal.

The Jumpoff posted:

DAthena chat:

I have my team narrowed down to R.Haku/Sima Yi/R.Loki, and i want suggestions for the last slot. My good choices are:

2nd R.Haku
Eschmali

I sadly don't have a Persephone so if i wanted to replicate her active, Eschmali is the best choice, and the huge amount of Orb Enhances would boost my damage a good bit. R.Haku is the obvious choice to me for her 7c awakening and the tpa she has. If i wanted more TPA's i also have a Dark Kanna and Noctis.
Go with second Haku, probably

MrMoose
Jan 4, 2003

Happy Happy Joy Joy

Paul Zuvella posted:

There is almost no reason to buy any MP cards not named Ra Dragon or Dark athena. Maybe Yomi Dragon if you squint hard enough.

Signed me, an idiot with a Neptune Dragon, Xiang Mei, Ragnarok Dragon, and Yomi Dragon

Also signed. My shame dragon count is currently at 3 Xiang Mei, 2 Yomidra, Neptune Dragon and Odin Dragon. Odindra RIP because no drat dark cocoon :(

Though yomidra was really good when it first hit, so that's less of a RIP. XM was also good when it hit but went downhill fast. Ra Dragon is really the only thing to have really withstood the test of time.

SweetJahasus posted:

Never not RHaku for DAthena teams.

Basically. My JP Dark Athena team is Dark Athena/RHaku/RHaku/RHaku/DIza and it wrecks. rHaku is too good.

MrMoose
Jan 4, 2003

Happy Happy Joy Joy

UchihaHirou posted:

The reason to buy anything is so that I can sell things without the game yelling at me about being at MP cap.

Are you a follower of our Lord and Saviour, RNGesus? Does he bless you with 60% = 100% SBR?

Dark Izanagi is a JP exclusive with 2x SBR: http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=3173

Basically he fills the Loki spot.

MrMoose
Jan 4, 2003

Happy Happy Joy Joy

junan_paalla posted:

Ok so speaking of dathena subs, I have durga and persephone, and main contenders for the last two slots are beach pandora and hades. My biggest issue is the lack of bind resists and bind clears. Could sub in gremory (wasted rows and active may remove blues) or both lumiel and okuni to cover sbrs and to get a bind-immune inherit base with prongs. Or just inherit a bind clear on dathena. Thoughts?

The idea behind Dark Athena is that, with both Dark Athenas having delay and being bind immune, stalling out a bind on your monsters is fairly easy. You can bring a bind clear if the dungeon really necessitates it, but your Dark Athenas themselves can deal significant enough damage to clear some floors or, at absolute worst, stall them while you wait for binds to clear. Most Dark Athena teams do not bring any bind immune subs that I'm aware of because of this. Remember, you're going to heal a boatload of HP off 3 hearts and a black/blue combo.

MrMoose
Jan 4, 2003

Happy Happy Joy Joy
None of the other rolls I got matter because I finally got a loving Fujin but here they are anyways.

Australis #7, Genbu #3, Creuse #whatever, Persephone #3, Sanada Yukimura #3, Earth Dragon Swordsman #poop, Ronia #7, Leeza #fart, Fujin, Ariel #2

I am happy.

MrMoose
Jan 4, 2003

Happy Happy Joy Joy

dwarf74 posted:

I feel starved for hearts while running DAthena. What's the prime heart maker, other than inherits? Yomidra?

Yomidra, maybe Pandora?

I know that for my team, my only heart makers are 2x Ryune inherits. Are you clearing as much of the board as possible each turn? If so, you should be mostly fine for hearts, and inherits should cover the times you aren't fine.

MrMoose
Jan 4, 2003

Happy Happy Joy Joy

EPIC fat guy vids posted:

Kushi requires combo skills while Dark Athena doesn't, I wouldn't call that a RIP really. That + no skyfalls means she's really not as accessible.

But I'm also bad so YMMV.

As a fellow bad player, I agree. Dath still has a bunch of value. I think Kush, Anubis and Dark Athena can all exist together and have different uses, too. Dath is there for when you're too stoned/drunk to put in effort, Anubis is there when you want to go Hulk Smash and don't need to take big hits, and Dank Kush is there for when you want to be able to tank some hits and have more control over your damage.

(Oh, as a fellow bad player, I've been trying to find a way to put training wheels on Dank Kush, and am finding that 2x Diaochan is pretty nice. Gives you 12 seconds of move time instead of 9.5, makes locks and move time down abilities meaningless to you. You can put a laser on one of your two hakus to deal with high defense stuff since you're losing the guard break. It isn't perfect, but should act as solid training wheels until you're better!)

MrMoose
Jan 4, 2003

Happy Happy Joy Joy
350,083,245 Diablos up and +297, gonna skill him over the next couple weeks. Have a Fujin on there for a long pseudo SDR + stats. He's in slot 1, so he'll always be up. Would love some Anubis friends, especially ones with defensive cooldowns!

MrMoose
Jan 4, 2003

Happy Happy Joy Joy

Hobojim posted:

Does NA even have anybody with that yet? I used Vajrayaska or whatever to deal with some of them as a leader, but if the awakening is here I don't know that I have anybody with it.

Amatsu and Glavenus so far, both from the Monhun REM

MrMoose
Jan 4, 2003

Happy Happy Joy Joy

fairlight posted:

I wish I had a Diaochan or two because I am not great at getting more than 8 combos consistently. It would be embarrassing to field both Yuna AND revo Yomi...

poo poo son, my team right now is Diablos/Romia/Romia/Glavenus/Odindra/Anubis.

17 Time Extends. 12.5 base seconds of move time basically. I suck at the game mostly, too, but in the end -- if the team you run can clear content and you're having fun, it's fine. Run whatever works for you.

MrMoose
Jan 4, 2003

Happy Happy Joy Joy

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

Sure, but 9 orbs is 64x for her, that's not too bad. I'll miss the row enhance damage though

Nah dude you can still get a row in there on a 6x5 board too. not 3 rows, but 1 row should still do good damage with the 3x3 giving bonus too.

MrMoose
Jan 4, 2003

Happy Happy Joy Joy
My team was RVenus/RRa/Max Skill Hera Ur/Diablos/Trailokya/RVenus

Both RVenus had Trailokya inherit.

Turn 1, RRa then Hera Ur (hitting with Ra first makes it so Ur hits for 9.99 mil instead od 10)
Stall
Around 50 turns, hit Hera Ur a few more times, then hit the three trailokyas

Why not Diablos, you ask? Because I forgot I had Fujin o nthere and I couldn't blow the skill so I was stuck with 3x trailokya. haha.

MrMoose
Jan 4, 2003

Happy Happy Joy Joy

WalrusWhiskers posted:

Buffs to heroines? I want that FUA momiji

7c for Romia plz. My Diablos/Romia/Romia/Glavenus/Ginchiyo team would be so happy.

And hey, can we have split ult Skuld while we're at it?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrMoose
Jan 4, 2003

Happy Happy Joy Joy
6 packs. Of course I didn't get Yog.

But I finally, after like 4 years, got a Red Odin on this account.

*fart*