Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pankus
Jul 30, 2003
If anyone has a radra with fujin on it let me know I have a bff to use. Haven't found anyone on my friends list with one and no random users seem to pop up with it either. Don't care about triangles, the pal points aren't worth the effort.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pankus
Jul 30, 2003

robbob posted:

I really need to get a fujin or a radra friend with fujin. Whittled down heradra down to <10% on the last turn of my indra shield so I can kill next round. Then proceed to skyfall x64 with a light prong to heal her almost all the way back to full. Damage absorb monsters with an execution move after so many turns is the worst encounter design.

I managed to find and add one pre-reset and they do a pretty good job of having radra up. I think there was only once when they were using yomidra for something. 362,197,260 , 3SDR and machine killer ffmx@something is the name.

pankus
Jul 30, 2003
Free roll was Keith and decided to roll again and got Voltron. Rcv is garbage though so I'm not sure how viable a hp multiplier team for machine/physical will work out. Has nice awakenings as a sub i guess.

pankus
Jul 30, 2003
The mp gifts will make it so that I don't have to sell stuff from my box for dathena, just won't be able to get her immediately. Which is fine, there isn't any content that I just have to clear come may 1st.

pankus
Jul 30, 2003

EPIC fat guy vids posted:

I'm in a 3/5th complete (no assists yet) DAth/rHaku/rHaku/rLoki/rPersephone team and it's already cake town. The only problem I see is with no-dupe dungeons and places where I can't do more than 200k dmg because I don't think I can do less than that unless I don't do a prong. Sopdet (I think?) will be rough :v:

You served me well Yominoodle but... yeah sorry.

No one plays Kaede on my FL anymore, what's a good green team nowadays? Astaroth or rMeimei. Or maybe time to go blue or fire again (sumire, rLeilan, etc...)

:same:

Sopdet is super easy. You can do a three orb dark match and 1-3 combo and be fine.

This vid covers a bunch of the A3 spawns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xan3JzNygEA

pankus
Jul 30, 2003
I cleared C11 with Anubis(satsuki)/Lucifer(Muse)/A. Pandora/Castor/DMeta(A. Kush)/Anubis(sheena).

Popped an active, did damage. Popped an active, did damage. Popped an active, did damage. Was pretty close to 50%, sheena/kush/muse did the rest.

pankus
Jul 30, 2003
Even though I have dathena I like using kush a lot more. Was having trouble on c10 with a dark team so I put these 2 xm to use with a red healer team. Will hit a little harder when awoken uriel gets here. Shame about the weak (relative to haku) hp though.

pankus
Jul 30, 2003
My favorite thing is scrounging up 5 stones through challenge mode to roll a kurone. To be fair the previous 5 stones got me a third haku, so I can't complain too much.

pankus
Jul 30, 2003
Whew, finally beat the snake dungeon.

Fl 7: anubis
Fl 8: radra (hey, still useful)
Fl 9: anubis (stoned on Loki because I wanted to get to floor 10)

Fl 10: gosh this was tough. I flubbed a lot of the bomb board and even some of the jammer ones.

For the bomb game I went with a 5/3 bomb split as it was getting me less moves than a 4/4 split. Still 75 but didn't flub this time.
http://pad.dawnglare.com/?s=p8S1aw2

Got super lucky with the 10 combo board and so the first time I got to it was also when I beat it.
53 moves gave plenty of time so I didn't try to hard to refine it.
http://pad.dawnglare.com/?s=yQl3Vh2

I thought I had a two fenrir viz but either I never did or I sold one so I guess I won't be making any hot jammer teams for the time being.

pankus
Jul 30, 2003
Took anubis/glavenus/kush/2xdiaochan/diablos for an a3 run knowing I'd be screwed for sopdet/vishnu/heradra (no way the unskilled fujin on unskilled diablos would be up) and I got both hino and ilsix, both of which I stomped. Wish I had gotten that dumb croc as well. I'm guessing Kush would be better for A3, but it might be time to give colloseum another shot.

pankus
Jul 30, 2003

SweetJahasus posted:

So really though, is there a non-Fujin way to deal with Sopdet on an Anubis/Diablos team? I've had to abandon multiple runs now because of her and limiting you to one loving skill to beat a particular floor is very very very very stupid.

Maybe activate a skill and do matches near the top and hope for no sky fall. Though with single anubis that's only 3x, right? Probably better to run kush for a3 anyway.

pankus
Jul 30, 2003
Just cleared colosseum for the first time (and solo) with anubis/diablos. MVP goes to glavenus, without whom I would have had to do dumb things like damage control and use gravities. Instead, inspired by zo I slapped some heart board changers on some TE subs and stomped everything. Holy hell 1m xp.

pankus
Jul 30, 2003

Munkaboo posted:

How are you supposed to gravity valk before her shield is down?

Edit: Seems like trail is not what I want. drat. I don't have any other inherit gravs other than hathor and she's too much too.

You can use a 10% grav at anything less than 100M. Then under 50M, 20% is okay. I think if you don't want to stall it out you do some gravs to get under 50 and burst the remaining HP. Make sure you have a true damage to start, otherwise your 10% grav won't do anything.

pankus
Jul 30, 2003
These days I only really play for colosseum, since that's easier for me than A3. However the team is what I use for anything else that I run blind as well.

My team (and this is mostly pulled from Zo's team) is
anubis (ishida)/ yomidra (ryune)/ r. yomi (ishida) / db nephthys (regular yomi)/ glavenus (voltron).

I usually don't need a spike for anything since nephthys does a boatload of damage off of a board change. Just in case though her active is 1.5x for dark and yomi is 2.5x for god, so it ends up working out, whichever one is up. Voltron removes locks and creates a heart column for fua, but once verdandi comes out i'll probably replace glavenus. The time extends are nice though. I don't worry about activating every turn since the dual 7c is more than enough. If you have one or more of those, you can definitely forgo a gunma or diaochan.

pankus
Jul 30, 2003
Yeah drat this top floor was pretty tough. Flubbed a lot of boards because I couldn't get a heart in the top row not in the rotating spot to use FUA. Could never get the timing right. Used Anubis/Diablos for everything else except Azathoth (fl 7) where I used dmeta with 2x tsubaki.

edit: I lied I used kush for floor 6 to have some higher HP.

pankus fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Aug 29, 2017

pankus
Jul 30, 2003

Evil Fluffy posted:

Did some pulls in my eternal quest for a goddamn Haku:

Mercuria
Muse :geno:
Apolluo
Ginchiyo
Cursed Dragon

The egg dragons seemlike nice inherits/actives for massive spike damage on their respective colors. Ginchiyo with her +2 combo board change and 2x 7c awakenings looks very nice for an Anubis/Diablos sub. Muse and Cursed Dragon look like garbage. I nee to go through my box and clean out leftover MH mats too apparently.

Note that the active changes when you awaken them so figure out of you want to use as a sub or inherit. And don't waste skill ups like I did!

pankus
Jul 30, 2003
Actually got something cool from a free roll, tifa. Out of tifa, cloud, and lightning, which is most useful as a pixel evo? I don't have too many 7x6 leads, so perhaps tifa would be good to keep. Should I just make them all? Pixel cloud seems to have a better LS anyway since I don't have a system.

pankus
Jul 30, 2003
To sort of answer my question from earlier, lightning can take dragon killers so she is used in place of cloud for my a3 needs. The +2 combo is also invaluable on my kush team, I'm no reco so it's pretty tough to get that 3x3 and then hit other 9 combos.

pankus
Jul 30, 2003

DACK FAYDEN posted:

man I can't do a c10 to save my life with Anubis/Diablos

like for example the Sept quest C10

it seems like I should just be able to oneshot everything but I'm pretty awful

is the goal just to have an active every turn? can I just bring a bunch of Hakus so they haste each other to make that happen?

I also have like, Momijis and a Yuna, is that a thing I should be doing instead in case of resolve or whatever and just lean on 7c? I don't know what I'm actually doing when I can't braindead 85x something or board changer+3x85x something

A tsubaki makes things easier, can't remember if I used that on anubis or dmeta. An urd or glavenus for fua.

pankus
Jul 30, 2003
I too use yuna as a sub since her LS doesn't play nicely with most of my bi color + hearts inherits. If I wasn't pairing with diablos then maybe but I don't see the point.

pankus
Jul 30, 2003

Adolf Glitter posted:

Anyone feel like telling me a good Arena 1 team? Yeah, I know, over 3 years playing and still never done it, lol. To be fair, it's been very off and on, the box was given to me bt someone younger who did 2/3 of this.

I haven't really tried to clear it much tbh, but I do really suck, and my eyes/coordination aint what they used to be (probably because I'm over 50, heh)

I'm guessing that with FUA, guard break etc, it'll be a lot easier than when I last tried, but I'm overwhelmed with options, and inherits, so any help would be great.

Big Old Box

It would probably be pretty easy with Kush/Haku/Haku/somehealer/yuna. Inherit sheena and arcline somewhere and it'll be an easy kill on Kali. You can inherit rindra on yuna for security against faffing your killshot. Know your damage so you can kill sopdet/hino.

Otherwise maybe go yuna/diablos and throw skuld/fingers/boardchange and nuke everything, hoping you don't run into sopdet, or stall enough to have fujin up on diablos. Just kidding, you have fujin. Inherit her on something or just run her and you can't lose.

pankus
Jul 30, 2003
I wouldn't worry about def break for a1. I'd roll with, for a cushy time, yuna/skuld/fujin/r.yomi/(board change that makes at least 4 colors with blue/light, or more fingers, or dkali). I don't think there are any preemptive binds, and since you're one shotting everything you shouldn't have to worry about binds after. Biggest issue would be dark absorb on zaerog, I'd say. Fujin should be up for sopdet, and can come up again for parvati. I feel like this should work. I don't have a skuld so I'm not sure how the damage looks, but if its anything like other double 7c cards I have its plenty. Have a spike for kali.

pankus
Jul 30, 2003
Titania is who you fight on floor 2 she gives you a time buff for 20 turns.

FUA is follow up attack, making a column of hearts makes the monster with FUA awakening do a 1 damage ping after your regular attack, which defeats monsters with resolve.

If you are having trouble reliably getting 8 combos then stack your team with time extends and if that doesn't work, realize that at this point maybe your team or skills aren't at the level of clearing C10. There's nothing wrong with that, the game is supposed to be like an rpg.

pankus
Jul 30, 2003
I'm going to have much more success today with serket. Pixel tidus takes care of both Sphinx and kopis. Blobs for everything else.

pankus
Jul 30, 2003
There's something to be said for having skin in the game re:arena vs endless. Just do it and learn from your deaths. Stamina always comes back.

pankus
Jul 30, 2003

robbob posted:

What are people using for the no sky fall floor?

Combo fenrir

pankus
Jul 30, 2003

heisenberg posted:

Awoken skills invalid is always the least fun gimmick. This one seems ultra fun, though, by starting you off against something you need a lot of healing to stall against, then putting you against something you effectively need an active skill to beat. How are people dealing with this little pile of fun?

I used Meri with whatever and had pixel tidus on the team. Stalled on floors 1 2 and 3. Rcv makes it easy.

pankus
Jul 30, 2003
I rolled an hkali which is a extremely disappointing for an 8*.

pankus
Jul 30, 2003
With Enoch, depending on your HP/resists, you can make two one combos on the first two turns (so you don't get too many hearts) and then t
Kill her to rigger her resolve. She heals and puts up a combo shield and you can heal and kill her on the 4th turn. Two diaochans were super useful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pankus
Jul 30, 2003
Even though I pulled an ideal I haven't bothered using her. I downloaded fire emblem heroes and now logging into pad has become a chore. I'm sure FEH will get old once all the missions are done but until then it's a struggle to play pad.