Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
I got a new phone and am considering dragging myself back into this. Does PADlistener work these days or am I looking at a disgustingly long manual herder update?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
I didn't listen, and ground out ten more stones to pull the heroine machine.

And got Julie. Is good, yes?

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Annoyed:

First run at Heavenly Palace of Heretics. Next to last wave, I need a board change, I think "easy enough, I'll use my RKarin this turn and the friend Skuld on the boss." I do this, punch out the Sucker Punch demons, advance to the boss, tap Skuld... and see Lakshmi's skill instead.

I get the idea of skill inherits if your base unit has a bad active. But why would someone wipe out a good one?

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

pookel posted:

Tips on what sort of team to get through level 5 of the current challenge? I can't seem to figure it out.

Someone on Discord pointed out that the boss can be delayed, so you can pack something like Orochi's Force and wait out the damage shield.

My own who-to-use is based around my main's Julie team. If I want Andromeda awakened, I need evolved Mion, and to get her I need an Ilsix. What's recommended for that without stoning my way through it? The absorb >400k dragon looks like an annoying obstacle, and the boss is loaded with dirty tricks.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Thanks to the Mion dungeon in the event, I now have all the pieces for Awoken Andromeda except for Ilsix. I'll have to pester someone into co-oping that with me at some point, if that's doable on a couple of stones.

Rein Sakura / Tachibana with all the 7cs and fingers I can muster in the middle is my new favorite casual nuke squad. It's not a guaranteed 100x per round, but it's close.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

robbob posted:

If nothing else I'm sure you could have goon carry you for ilsix, no stones required.

You haven't seen me puzzle yet. :v:

Actually, once I reconfigure my Verdandi to have heart pierce, it might be slightly easier than I thought. Still need some luck on the boss board because I don't have a Skuld.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
What to do with a just-realized-I-have-one U&Y for a Julie team:

1) ult it, level it, finish skillmaxing it, strap it onto Julie as an orbchange assist
2) awaken it, level it, see if anyone on the planet still uses it as a lead
3) replace Revo Ceres on my Julie team with #1 or #2 when I'm not worried about binds, which in fairness is basically never
4) let it sit there and rot

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Got a Y'shtola. Debating between using her ult as my only blue FUA, or pixeling her as my only orb unlocker, possibly as an assist.

Are assists reversible, or permanent?

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
If I want to farm ff skillups, not the monsters themselves, what's the best difficulty to run?

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
On the other hand, I just tried out double Yuna on Extreme Endless 7x6 for the practice, with RSakura RAmaterasu Momiji DKali in the middle.

Cleared it. It wasn't even close. Just facerolled everything, had the heart column for the last level and had all the time in the world to move orbs. First I've ever seen a 256x multiplier.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Eighteen runs so far on Netherworld Intermediate on 2x drop looking for Lyse and, less important, Prompto skillup drops.

Waves 2 and 3 dropped something every time.

Lyse's: one drop.
Prompto's: two drops.

All the bosses and onion swords and other skillups you could need, though. gently caress you desire sensor.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Finally beat Sept C8 once I thought about it a bit. Who'd have thought that Amaterasu / 50% Resist squads would ever come in handy again? (At least triple 50% like Awoken Minerva.)

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Is the void damage awakening if you match _exactly_ 3x3 orbs, i.e. if I trigger a full board two-color change I need to fence off a 3x3 block from the rest of its color?

And the wording is a little ambiguous. I assume it has to be 3x3 of a color that unit has?

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Makes sense, as that's consistent with TPAs, columns, etc.

(Alt pulled a Lightning.)

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
On the main:
Fuu
Bikinitron
Beach Volley Lakshmi

On the main:
Kurone
Bikinitron
Kurone

Not terrible for free pulls. Beach Lak worth experimenting with?

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Poverty roll on alt.
Jewel egg.
...BMyr!

Poverty roll on main.
Jewel egg...
gently caress OFF CHESTER

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

Adolf Glitter posted:

Being an old fucker really doesn't help, which is pretty lovely.:corsair:

I noticed that I had 2 Andromedas and thought, "gently caress it, why not?" I had all the parts, but just the act of levelling, evoing etc was a massive chore.
Wonder if I'll ever even use her?

'Sup old fucker buddy. :corsair::hf::corsair:

If you have Julie, AAndromeda is an MVP on her team.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
The full-dark on C8 is weapons-grade dickery.

Can anti-blind awakenings stop it, before I piss away tamas on Top Droidragon?

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
I triggered a Momiji full board change (green light and heal) and flailed. Whatever didn't clear was one of three possibilities, so I could put others of those colors near them and whittle them down.

Or Batman+Remote Claw has five sunglasses. :kamina:

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Pleased to see that ReDunn&Dunna is live in NA now. One more bump up for my Julie team.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Two pulls, one on each account:

Main: Gan Ning (who immediately went on my Indigo team for +30 grinding)

Alt: Muse

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Two more pulls:

Main: Sima Yi
Alt: Trailokyavijaya

whose name I can only assume is the Hindu equivalent of Prisencolinensinainciusol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VsmF9m_Nt8 AWL RITE

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
There is absolutely no reason to pull ChibiREM unless you have a specific waifu obsession, right?

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
So what's the sub pool for the new Fenrir, other than more Fenrirs? The multiplier is nuts, but jammer creators aren't very common.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
HallowREM will be a willpower test for me. I love the new Verdandi and Nene but know the odds against pulling a 7* or 8* in three pity pulls, so it's gonna be pissing away stones on three more Undines if I do.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
If I felt like chasing Bunny Verdandi today, pulling my freebies cured that itch. At least the 4*s are MPs.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

boo_radley posted:

Cloud city floor three is giving me fits- I've tried kush and other high combo bonus havers, direct damage and a few other things (ignore floor constraints, dathena+ rhaku agressively) and the best I've done is knocking it down to 25% before it nukes me. :smith:

I did it with double Yuna and my favorite red 7c murder machines in the middle. Red-Green-Blue-Heart triggers the multipliers and the lack of light orbs doesn't end up mattering.

Stuck on five myself. I can get the necessary HP, I can get the necessary damage, but getting both is tough.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Nene Day on the HalloREM. Time for my one pity pull on each account.

Main: Undine. Unsurprisingly.
Alt: ...Nene. Huh. Guess it IS Nene Day.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Main: garbage garbage Takamimusubi garbage
Alt: garbage Vritra garbage Takamimusubi

I sense a trend here.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Are Orpharion and its dark counterpart worth pursuing or are they just more trophy monsters?

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Fourteen runs of Liberty Geist, zero arms. Really enjoying having to face Nelly the Frozen rear end in a top hat Elephant over and over.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
If you weaponize a unit and use it as an assist, does the recipient get the active skill as well as the shared awakenings?

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Putting the last Orph piece on Gathering of Talents was extremely mean. That dungeon is brutal.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

Rascyc posted:

Did I miss an Orpharion event or something or are people just now putting them together?

It's going on right now. Deus Ex Machina, Cosmo, Star Justice, Liberty Geist, Gathering of Talents alternate each day with part invades.

Sadly, even at 10x, the head never seems to invade on Gathering of Talents 1. But Sopdet sure does!

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Oh hey, Justice League collaboration. I know the REM is blah but let's see what colorful villains are in the dungeon...

* Parademons
* Parademons
* Parademons
* Dour guy with axe

:effort:

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Protip that I just learned: "Wood enhanced" means "if you bring non-wood, don't bother."

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

Herr Tog posted:

Is it worth getting back into this?

I took a long break, logging in once in a while for pity stones, and have been hooked again recently. Save up your stones and wait for a quality REM event to come, and its power creep will blow your mind.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
A reminder for those who built an Orpharion that today is Skill Up Your Orpharion Day, since Seraphis is running.

I also reevolved my Gadius so that now he can sit unused with a newer icon.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Did my one free-stone roll on each account as a mental obligation.

Main: Gadius (#5)
Alt: Exa-Hydra

thought process:
"why the gently caress is this even still in the REM"
"...oh yeah. Being shat out in godfests is why this is still in the REM"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
She's drinking out of a skull. What more could you want?