Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
I remember reading something (I think here) about the JP event going on now where if you do 10 of the pal dragon dungeon and 10 of the REM dragon dungeon you get something special. Is that a real thing, and if so what is it? I already got my 9 free rolls (all poo poo, obviously) but am wondering if I did 20 runs of stuff for nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
I can now hold 25 more monsters in my box. Successful roll!

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

cryptoclastic posted:

I just pulled a green Kali!

What is at the higher pull rate now? The banner has something on it but I can't find any info on what days have increased rates.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

boo_radley posted:

Puzzles and Dragons 12.0: Watch me whip, watch me Mei Mei

:getout:

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I have Anubis and I'll never use him.

Look at this Anoobis. :mrgw:

I'll see myself out.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

MrMoose posted:

Go with second Haku, probably

Never not RHaku for DAthena teams.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
What's the resolve strategy for the C11? I don't have anything that can punch through so I'm going to have to cheese.

Also, I don't have any Trailo, so am I screwed?

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

Zoness posted:

you can use 3 zeras (.55 * .55 * .55 = .166375) and a friend ammy or ogre with trailo inherit

you use ammy or odindra with an ogre to heal up between hits and 1c or 0c for 999 turns.

Hmm, I'd have to get him to a threshold first though because doesn't he void > 100M? That usually includes gravities and 45% of 600M is 270M. I'd have to get him super low with plinking before any gravities. I guess I could just fit in some low percentage gravity guy in the final slot to plink with.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
What kind of teams are people using for the C10 no awakening this time? I've got a C11 plan but C10 is proving annoying. No awakenings is really complete poo poo.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
Looking for opinions on my JP A3 team with DAthena.

Currently rolling with:
DA (Orochi)
RPersephone (Santa Fencer)
RLoki (Carat)
Sima Yi (Indra)
RHaku (Anaphon)
DA (JP Exclusive Light Fujin-alike)

My quandary is that I also have an Awoken Nohime who seems pretty drat powerful (2x 7+ Awakenings, active is 1 turn 75% shield and RBGDH board, but no TPAs). Any suggestions on where I can possibly fit her in? With no TPA I'm scared to put her on main roster, but 2x 7c is really good damage and is justification enough for Melodias to be put on DA teams. I suppose I could replace Anaphon with her also, but that feels like less optimal since Anaphon is basically a mini-spike+heal board.

Any of you pros have an opinion?

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
Anyone have one side of the Resolve/healer combo with a Trailo inherited I can use for C11? Finally getting around to doing that and the guy I friended for it doesn't appear to have it up.

Shoot me an invite: 333,532,298
(I usually have up Myr, DAthena, RaDra, FWIW).

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
Okay it's official, I've done ONE HUNDRED AND TWENTY RUNS of the highest level MonHun dungeon and still have not gotten this loving item to evolve the male into the blue guy.

http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=3683

I have all of my other MonHun poo poo max skilled but can't get this one loving drop. Why is this a thing? This is worse than the old days of grinding for echinda skillups.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

SweetJahasus posted:

Okay it's official, I've done ONE HUNDRED AND TWENTY RUNS of the highest level MonHun dungeon and still have not gotten this loving item to evolve the male into the blue guy.

http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=3683

I have all of my other MonHun poo poo max skilled but can't get this one loving drop. Why is this a thing? This is worse than the old days of grinding for echinda skillups.

:siren: Run number ONE HUNDRED AND THIRTY TWO it drops :siren:

Now, finally get to evolve this guy and let him rot in my box forever while I keep using DAthena until the heat death of the universe.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
Any idea what the invade rate is on the Orpharion parts in the associated dungeons? I've done about 50 runs in the past 2 days hunting for parts and have seen zero invades, despite it being an advertised part of this event. Feels bad man.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
Finally got the balls to attempt soloing A3 with DAth- got to radar dragon, Hephdra, ugh. Got some bad boards but was able to combo well and got him down, but then drew a DKali board with 3 dark and 2 blue orbs :( No orb creating actives were up because I had to use my Haku on Beelz.

Oh well....had a dragon killer latent too.

Hate u game.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
PCGF True Story:

As I pulled on the dragon's arm I aloud just yelled HAKUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU and I pulled a Haku.

It works.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
Just FYI for all you JP players, an OSC is happening now. There are lots of gravities and it's annoying.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

trucutru posted:

Thanks! got my tamayomi

Where'd you get it? I don't have it in mail and didn't get it upon completion :( My box was full so I'm scared that I got screwed somehow.

Edit: Jesus christ is it because I finished at like 11:05? That would be some major bullshit.

SweetJahasus fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Jun 6, 2017

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
That's pretty ridiculous. I can't imagine how pissed I would be if I'd spent some stones trying to power through it. They even had something on the banner (which I can't read) that had [23:59] listed, which I assumed to mean you had 24 hours to complete the dungeon as long as you started it within the 3 hour window. I guess they're just trolling people who can't read Japanese now.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

Plorkyeran posted:

Sorry, Myr is obsolete dumpster-tier garbage. You aren't allowed to use her anymore even there are only a handful of dungeons she isn't good enough for.

Myr is great for no-awakening dungeons.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
Increased drop rates on Orpharion parts huh? Cool.

53 runs of Cosmo Crusader later, still no parts and no Another.

Worst event.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
Yeah that should be super easy and definitely not hard for bad puzzling non whale idiots like me.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

trucutru posted:

She's cute.

So, yes.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
It's a freebie for getting to floor 9. 7 and 8 are tough for lovely poo poo butt scrubs like me.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

dragon enthusiast posted:

New Raph is cool for being a leader that wants you to full combo the board but isn't a combo lead

Yeah this looks like one of those leads that may not be super in the meta due to the lack of HP/RCV multipliers, but would be really fun to play just to see if you could ensure constant activation.

Even more so if you pair with a 7x6 leader to make sure you :gitgud:

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
Hey if you have Diablos and are cool and good, send a friend invite to me and use my Anubis and maybe I'll BF you if you're the first one to do this.

I have Anubis with Gronia inherited right now (if you want something different inherited let me know, I have a lot of options).

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

Munkaboo posted:

I just found this out with Sopdet. She crushed me.

Yeah this is something I've been fortunate enough to not encounter in my few arena runs yesterday but how is she countered with an Anubis/Diablos team? Do I need a Fujin? That's kinda poo poo.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
Just did a bunch more rolls on my alt to chase a Diablos so I could circle-jerk with myself and got nothing :(

Got 4 crystal eggs out of 7 rolls though.....4 Kirins :saddowns:

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

Chiminey posted:

Got a Blos on my last roll. Be up in my first slot. Anubis, as always, is a permanent resident in #2. I'll hyper max it over the next few days when I have some time.

374,244,275. Add away.

Clear some friend requests! I can't add you because you have a backlog in your mailbox.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
Anyone in JP got a Diablos they keep up and wants 2 new friends (and probably BFs) from my alts?

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
So I'm trying to juggle Anub/Diablos team members and can't figure out which I should use. My best options are:

Amatsu
Glavenus
Revo Yomi
Revo Indra
Revo Haku
DKali

I don't need 2 guys with FUA but Glavenus has some really good stats and solid awakenings so I'm torn.

Any suggestions on which 4 to use?

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

Manatee Cannon posted:

amatsu's way better than glavenus; it's not even a competition

I'm more saying, should I ALSO use Glavenus rather than one of the other alternatives.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
So really though, is there a non-Fujin way to deal with Sopdet on an Anubis/Diablos team? I've had to abandon multiple runs now because of her and limiting you to one loving skill to beat a particular floor is very very very very stupid.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
I've been spoiled by the huge HP on DAthena so now playing either Anubis/Diablos or RSakuya/Diablos between my alts, I find myself dying a lot to some of the unavoidable hits that breach this team's low HP total. Now I have to learn what floors of each dungeon do what so I can pre-shield and I think that's stupid. Stop making me think!

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

Superschaf posted:

It's not follow-up attack, it's team hp. :ssh:

Plus, FUA + blob would be really weird and unusable for most high tier teams these days.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
Hmm, I could wager a guess...

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
Whats going on with this FF REM in JP?

I've rolled a total of 8 rolls across my 2 alts and FIVE have been crystal eggs. Why can't I have this kind of luck on the MH rolls?

Edit: for content, what pixel ults do people see as the must-haves? Looks like Cloud's is pretty useful if you have a Yogg team (I don't) but I'm trying to determine if any of the 5 stars are worth it, or if I should take my Seph/Cecil/Noctis towards pixel or normal ult. Leaving my Yunas as normal ult though because she's butter now.

another edit: Also, does anyone know what kind of multiplier the new 3x3 blob adds?

SweetJahasus fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Jul 17, 2017

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
I need an RVenus with Trailo inherit so I can do this stupid C11. Anyone able to shoot me a request?

Edit: Nvm, done! ended up not waiting out the 999 turns and just blapped it with a big hit at the end after a few small gravities. Pretty easy honestly.

SweetJahasus fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Jul 21, 2017

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
Does the new box awakening only work against voids or will it also work against absorb shields such as Sopdet/Parvati?

I would test it but I know I'll just end up getting arenas with neither for like 800 stamina in a row.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

Zeta posted:

Question for JP version: Where can I get more of those special dub-mythlits that you need for the FF pixel ults? I got the two from completing the FF dungeon challenges, but I would like a few more. PadGuide suggests that they invade in Mythical Friday dungeon, but after 6 runs I've yet to see one. Am I just having bad luck or do they come from somewhere else?

Just keep running the 4 person version - you get one in the mail every clear.