Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Korthal
May 26, 2011

It makes weird noises when it cycles, and I'm afraid it's reaching out for it's dead owner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
when my mom died we found a brand new microwave, still in box, in the house. no idea what she intended to do with it. I've never used it but I can report no supernatural events in its vicinity.

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
the other day i went to an estate sale where not a single loving thing was made past like 1971

it was p creepy

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

If you cook a hot pocket and some of it is boiling hot and some is still frozen, you should probably call an exorcist.

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013
~*blessed by the algorithm*~
prolly wiretapped

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
*rushes into thread out of breath* Did someone say microwave's mom??

A ILL BREAKFAST
Jun 9, 2007

*unsheathes katana*

myDad posted:

*rushes into thread out of breath* Did someone say microwave's mom??

Axolotl
Jan 23, 2002
Whatever
The problem with haunted microwaves is that roughly 30% of the microwave energy is converted to psychokinetic energy (PKE) that the souls of the damned require for continued manifestation in this plane. This means that you will have to adjust your cooking times to account for this and that your microwave will have additional wear and tear on the magnetron as well as increased energy consumption. You may find that the higher energy costs and more frequent repairs offset the so-called "bargain" you thought you were getting when you bought the microwave second-hand.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
We used to have one of these at the future centre, its bad news. Really bad news!!

Korthal
May 26, 2011

Axolotl posted:

The problem with haunted microwaves is that roughly 30% of the microwave energy is converted to psychokinetic energy (PKE) that the souls of the damned require for continued manifestation in this plane. This means that you will have to adjust your cooking times to account for this and that your microwave will have additional wear and tear on the magnetron as well as increased energy consumption. You may find that the higher energy costs and more frequent repairs offset the so-called "bargain" you thought you were getting when you bought the microwave second-hand.

Can I just replace the magnetron? I mean, I got a really good deal on this microwave.

BluesShaman
Apr 25, 2016

She wore Blue Velvet.
Stay safe, microwave ghost.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
put ur dick in it

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013
~*blessed by the algorithm*~

Korthal posted:

Can I just replace the magnetron? I mean, I got a really good deal on this microwave.

Just crack that baby open and poke around a bit, see what's in there.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

BluesShaman posted:

Stay safe, microwave ghost.

heineken? gently caress that poo poo!!! pabst blue ribbon!!

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
Hold a tape recorder inside and let the appliance run in ten seconds increments, check the tape for any weird noises indicating paranormal influence

Axolotl
Jan 23, 2002
Whatever

Korthal posted:

Unfortunately, no. The ghosts haunt the cooking chamber, not the magnetron. Think of it like a small house...the ghosts haunt the rooms, not the electrical outlets.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Microwaves are built on alien technology recovered from Roswell, and are therefore immune to being haunted. :pseudo:

Your dishwasher, though, is haunted as gently caress.

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
someone probly killed a cat in it or some twisted poo poo like that, throw it in the trash OP

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

No, OP, there's no such thing as "hauntings" or "ghosts" or any of that supernatural bullshit that you hear about in the mainstream media.

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr

Korthal posted:

Just put a small pot or pan in there and microwave that, it'll scare off all the ghosts.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
microwave a fork. the ghost will get sucked into the fork and then you can put that dang ghost in a trash can.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
suck the ghosts dick

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

500 good dogs posted:

No, OP, there's no such thing as "hauntings" or "ghosts" or any of that supernatural bullshit that you hear about in the mainstream media.

except yeah there are?

get educated, your big dick is only gonna get you so far

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008
It's spying on you, OP

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I went to an estate sale once and they were selling like boxes of half-used bottles of shampoo and toothpaste and stuff and people were placings bids on them

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
gently caress this is one of the few things that gets me """"TRIGGERED""" just thinking about it. i was visiting my grandparents and they liked going to those things . I did not though i had never before, but i was just rifting through the boxes of poo poo and came across a really ridiculously old looking book in a box of books (like seriously its like whoever was doing the auction just tiped over bookshelves into boxes). i thought well this looks neat, then i opened it up and it was supposedly written in the 1800's and was a doctors manual thing. it was like a comprehensive book of "all knowledge" of the time. it was hilariously awful. it was so insanely detailed though with like a thousand bigass pages and tiny print and diagrams. i was getting pretty convinced it was a reproduction or something of a common book but it looked 100% real to me

but anyway my grandma got tired and we never made it to that box. and besides, it was just some book. every box of books was going for like $1. i didnt think much of it

i looked it up later and turns out it was written by a very famous doctor of the times and was considered the defacto standard for medical practice. he/they wrote a new revision every year for a long time and was particularly famous for later editions. however the one i saw was his first edition, literally the first one he mass released. I cant remember anymore but i think it was the 1860's. it was known when he started but there was NO PUBLICLY KNOWN COPY ANYMORE NOT EVEN IN A MUSEUM. IT HAD A ISBN NUMBER ASSIGNED TO IT AFTER THE FACT BUT EVEN THE NATIONAL LIBRARY DIDNT ACTUALLY OWN A COPY. MUCH MORE COMMON COPIES OF LATER EDITIONS WENT FOR THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS. THE FIRST YEAR BOOK HAD NO PRICE BECAUSE THERE ARE NO RECORDS OF IT EVER BEING SOLD

I literally got angry typing that just now

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

1gnoirents posted:

gently caress this is one of the few things that gets me """"TRIGGERED""" just thinking about it. i was visiting my grandparents and they liked going to those things . I did not though i had never before, but i was just rifting through the boxes of poo poo and came across a really ridiculously old looking book in a box of books (like seriously its like whoever was doing the auction just tiped over bookshelves into boxes). i thought well this looks neat, then i opened it up and it was supposedly written in the 1800's and was a doctors manual thing. it was like a comprehensive book of "all knowledge" of the time. it was hilariously awful. it was so insanely detailed though with like a thousand bigass pages and tiny print and diagrams. i was getting pretty convinced it was a reproduction or something of a common book but it looked 100% real to me

but anyway my grandma got tired and we never made it to that box. and besides, it was just some book. every box of books was going for like $1. i didnt think much of it

i looked it up later and turns out it was written by a very famous doctor of the times and was considered the defacto standard for medical practice. he/they wrote a new revision every year for a long time and was particularly famous for later editions. however the one i saw was his first edition, literally the first one he mass released. I cant remember anymore but i think it was the 1860's. it was known when he started but there was NO PUBLICLY KNOWN COPY ANYMORE NOT EVEN IN A MUSEUM. IT HAD A ISBN NUMBER ASSIGNED TO IT AFTER THE FACT BUT EVEN THE NATIONAL LIBRARY DIDNT ACTUALLY OWN A COPY. MUCH MORE COMMON COPIES OF LATER EDITIONS WENT FOR THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS. THE FIRST YEAR BOOK HAD NO PRICE BECAUSE THERE ARE NO RECORDS OF IT EVER BEING SOLD

same

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr

500 good dogs posted:

That's the exact sort of poo poo a ghost would say.

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
that book sounds dum as hell

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

JiveHonky posted:

except yeah there are?

get educated, your big dick is only gonna get you so far

it's gotten me pretty far, so yeah can you blame me for assuming it's all i need?

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

microwave some chili in there and find out

:ghost: with beans:ghost:

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015
It's haunted. Get used to eating 'ghost tacos' , OP.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

numberoneposter posted:

microwave some chili in there and find out

:ghost: with beans:ghost:

yesterday for dinner i had canned chili with beans that i heated up in the microwave

was pretty good, as always

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

1gnoirents posted:

It was probably a book club edition. Book club editions aren't worth anything.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
microwave ur balls

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Hainted by the ghost of old apple pie, by now just as rotton as the american dream~

imandyyo
Mar 19, 2012

500 good dogs posted:

Whoop whoop it's the fun police

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

imandyyo posted:

Whoop whoop it's the fun police

:siren:syllable police:siren:

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
it's gonna make all your food taste old :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Back when I worked tech support for an ISP we got a call from a guy saying his mouse didn't work. Even though we were just an ISP we still ended up fielding all sorts of dumb computer questions, too, so this wasn't entirely unexpected. When asked what was going on with his mouse he said it had been acting kind of twitchy and his friend told him to microwave it for 30 seconds, so he did, and now it didn't work at all.

Which one of you guys was that?

• Locked thread