Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

Black Baby Goku posted:

I don't have to imagine. In my game Larry got infected and bit everyone and killed and ate everyone and wormskull turned into a ghost to haunt him but Larry was undying because hunger reset with every time he turned into a Wereskink and would attack migrants and traders and lived about 1000 years before a hero came and killed him and the legend of Larry the wereskink is on coins and books and songs throughout the land now.

In this game he's ruler of the fort, and his offspring will inherit that title

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
he also wants to send a bunch of miners to the klink because nobody made him his splints

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Its funny. I played kobolds awhile back before this version of masterwork. My first fort died because I forgot to make clothes for new kobolds. Kobolds give birth in litters so in one year I had like 3 babys for every kobold and they reach adulthood in a single year.

So I like to think a bunch of angsty teenage kobolds all collectively threw a tantrum because thier parents forgot to make them shirts.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Average Bear posted:

In this game he's ruler of the fort, and his offspring will inherit that title

Lmfao

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Under no circumstance should Larry breed

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I love how retarded rulers act in this game

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

at some point larry is going to have the power to order another dwarf dead because they didn't make enough splints

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
he already does, someone just needs to be assigned to mete out the punishment

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Black Baby Goku posted:

I don't have to imagine. In my game Larry got infected and bit everyone and killed and ate everyone and wormskull turned into a ghost to haunt him but Larry was undying because hunger reset with every time he turned into a Wereskink and would attack migrants and traders and lived about 1000 years before a hero came and killed him and the legend of Larry the wereskink is on coins and books and songs throughout the land now.

Lmfao

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Wait Larry is the leader

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Robot Randy posted:

he already does, someone just needs to be assigned to mete out the punishment

well, what are you waiting for?????

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I made Larry the leader without realizing it lol

Munchables
Feb 8, 2015

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

Larry's only the leader because my ribs are broken and all I can do is make breastplates.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
tonights update is brought to you in part by a donation from drewtoothpaste and kool keith

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqM9eLrup3g

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

Lol

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
fort update 2

built some farms in the second cavern layer

lol

dwarven caravan arrives. i bought their booze, seeds, and stuff to make books. i requested they bring logs and coke, since fuel is still at a pretty low level.

trade agreement with them. theyre gonna pay out the rear end for cut gems next year, so if we get lucky with rarer ones we might be able to buy out the entire caravan with a single gem bin next year

crudbump ft. kool keith -- crab hand
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqM9eLrup3g

the traders decided to leave through the cavern layer

oh poo poo!!

kid goes into a mood at the same time. by the time i zoom back in on the beast it's dead.

the sacrifice to the great god of fps

[[[There would be a gif of all the kids and animals falling into the lava but GIFCAM IS A loving PIECE OF poo poo]]]

the big chad himself pulled the lever, just following orders

wow, real glad i spared this little fuckshit. NOT :69snypa:
his yospos loving rear end is going down with the rest of them

:byewhore:

ah poo poo, he got hit by forgotten beast gas and dropped dead later

taking a look at the health screen to see who else might be affected
bolverkur is infected. with AIDS lmao!!

migrants. like 8 dwarves and 10 kids

a beta assaulted a chad in the caverns. im keeping an eye on all the betas in case they organize into a beta uprising and usurp the chads

christ, another one? there'd be a gif of the fight but gifcam is STILL A MASSIVE PIECE OF poo poo. fortunately it went down really quickly

the dude who killed it named his axe

the wounded are brought to the hospital

snake men show up in the caverns. the squad quickly rectifies the issue

gonna send the nice guys to see if we can kill it and sell t for $$$$
---
turns out trying to kill a humanoid lump of diamond is next to impossible. i send the boys to retreat behind the cage traps
---
i ended up using dfhack to kill it because there was no way that situation wouldve ended well. the golem wouldve slowly punched everything in the fortress to death while every attack bounced off it

3rd cavern layer breached. lots of trees, thankfully. harder enemies too

spring is here. what a ride its been.

forts in p good shape imo, compared to the shitpile i started with. we lost a bit of population as a part of the sacrifice, but they were all useless kids. i also had something like 60 stray animals slaughtered

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
im just gonna upload the region save instead of the whole folder, drive keeps failing to upload certain files when i try to do MW and everything else

ok here it is just pop the region1 folder in dwarf fortress>data>save https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzBWrlRafrniM0xHenhncmEzUk0

Robot Randy fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Apr 15, 2017

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
A square shell full of vomit. gently caress. :barf:

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Lmfao at everything that happened

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

no! NNNNNOOOOOOOO!!!! *buys $200 of LoL and dota skins*

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

also lmao this forgotten beast rules, reminded me of vomit monster in earthbound

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bolverkur posted:

Lol

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Bolverkur posted:

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

A diamond golem, wtf. That is a lovely thing to throw at a fort

Also lol

Great year at the fort, who's next?

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

extremely steampunk posted:

A diamond golem, wtf. That is a lovely thing to throw at a fort

masterwork adds a bunch of weird bullshit

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

Johnny Joestar posted:

masterwork adds a bunch of weird bullshit

yeah with a game as autistically complex as df it doesn't need more workshops and reactions and creatures from every piece of pop culture added

also the whole succubus race in general :yikes:

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
Is there some provision built into masterwork for handling that diamond golem? Mythril weapons or something idk?

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
no clue. it showed up on the second cavern layer and after the marksdwarves had hit it with threir crossbows enough to become hammerdwarves i said gently caress it and used the exterminate command, which genocides the entire race of the target creature

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Is the masterwork version using all the mods and addons it comes with or is it just using a couple.
I tried using it with everything and a stiff wind will push into crashtown. I had to trim it down so only a couple of races and mechanics were added to keep it stable.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lmao

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

Fortress mode never crashed for me with masterwork, but adventure mode crashes all the time even in vanilla

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

Robot Randy posted:

no clue. it showed up on the second cavern layer and after the marksdwarves had hit it with threir crossbows enough to become hammerdwarves i said gently caress it and used the exterminate command, which genocides the entire race of the target creature

I think exterminate just kills those creatures on the map. It's not very well named

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Next overseer is Black Baby Goku

edit: nvm lol. Is there a Bolverkur in the house?

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

ok!!! im scared to do this lol. i know goddamn nothing about trading

Fuubi
Jan 18, 2015

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Bolverkur posted:

ok!!! im scared to do this lol. i know goddamn nothing about trading

Nothing to worry about! Just keep a lot of wood crafts ready for when the elves arrive. :cheeky:

Munchables
Feb 8, 2015

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

Fuubi posted:

Nothing to worry about! Just keep a lot of wood crafts ready for when the elves arrive. :cheeky:

:stare:

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

Fuubi posted:

You sick gently caress...

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
the elves in this world have all been conquered by dwarves bc they a bunch of pussy rear end bitches. there's like 500 left in the world compared to 15000+ goblins, humans and dwarves

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

I laugh in the face of death! Take that Fire Blob!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

uh yeah so i played this for some while before i realized: hey where is all that poo poo randy was posting about? so ive now downloaded the correct save

420 BITCHEEESSS

• Locked thread