Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

Light Along the Inverse Curve.
It pleased me no end to see that the map and skill graphics for the role playing game the crew were playing came straight from Arx Fatalis.

Game owns but the the military operators near the end were a bit of a drag to play against. I just ended up using my jump booster to skip past them to get into the command shuttle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

What is ever explained how the containment breach actually occurred?

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

I gushed earlier in the thread about how the artwork of Fatal Fortress was a big old reference to Arx Fatalis but I only just released that the word Arx is an old word for fortress. Arkane :allears:

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

Kurzon posted:

Funny, for me it's actually Organic. What are good sources of Organic other than food?

People.

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

Bogart posted:

Making quick decisions is one thing, defying conservation of mass to become a coffee cup is quite another.

There's a note from one of the scientists that suggests the mimics are not so much turning into coffee cups but instead are bringing them in from an alternate universe.

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

An Arkane take on Flight Unlimited would be a sight to see.

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

Should we gather for neuromods and exotic materials tonight?

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

Play as a mage as it is the most fun once you get a handle on the gesture system. Focus your skill point spends only the skills relevant to that class - Casting, ethereal link (for passive mana-regen) or object knowledge if you want to brew potions for mana. You might want to look up a guide to rune locations and spell combinations but you can get the fireball spell fairly early on and it will get you through most of the game.

Play using the Arx Libertatis source port. The most recent dev builds have UI scaling options and other quality of life improvements.

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

I walk into the first room and see a console right in front of me with the words:
"Typhoon Gate , detects nearby typhoon creatures."

I wonder..
"1"
what..
"2"
that..
"3"
does.

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

Ouch. The sound when you walk on a broken leg is very very crunchy.

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

I thought I'd figured out an easy way to get points by placing a turret just far enough away from a weaver that it can kill the Cystoids that it spawns but not close enough to actually kill the weaver itself. I got about 100k points on that run as a result but unfortunately it was my last character and it doesn't look like you can keep the points you earn on the last life.

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

When bodies have been recycled the tracking quest will automatically complete since there is no bracelet to track.

Also humans freed from Telepath control will leave the map after you rescue them and subsequently leave the level. Which can prevent you from finding them.

The engineer Jean is found within the vent located inside the broken freight elevator in the reactor. Have you gone in there?

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

The tentacles absolutely crush the moonshark if you can lure the shark next to them or if you have tentacle spore to throw at it.

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

SCheeseman posted:

Warren Spector coined it. Since he also effectively invented the genre I guess he has a right to give it it's name.

I think the origins came from Ultima Underworld being developed as a dungeon simulator and a general design philosophy at Looking Glass that their games were about immersing the player in a role.

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

Less Fat Luke posted:

So anyone try Weird West?

It's okay, I'm on the 4th Journey now. Probably a bit repetitive but when it clicks and you find yourself gunning down a ghost town full of bandits Max Payne style as a gross pigman with a shotgun it's great. Mission structure is a bit too much go here and there on behalf of other characters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

Previa_fun posted:

I tried it really wanting to like it and was pretty much immediately turned off by the isometric overhead view. I mean, I knew this going in because of early screen shots, but aiming was a pain in the rear end and I kept shooting in to the sides of hills.

I found using slo-mo tactical mode works the best. For some reason the key to activate it was not bound in the settings.