Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Draadnagel
Jul 16, 2011

..zoekend naar draadnagels bij laag tij.
Just finished this game. Feels great and i'm mostly positive. Started it like two years ago, put it down after a couple of hours because it didn't click and just last month picked it up again. Finished it in one go after that.

Went for a mostly nice run and tried to save as many people as possible and unfortunately didn't finish all the sidequests (most of them though). I did find there was a lot of running around and backtracking which was annoying towards the end. There was a lot of hidden stuff that took a while to figure out. The verticality of the levels overwhelmed me a bit at first, but after a while it became second nature to look for different routes. The levels really show the attention and care that went into this game. It was a lot of fun just navigating the world. The station itself is a piece of art and the fact that you get to go outside and just cruise around is fantastic.

Modwise i was running a lot of gun and run mods, and some typhon psychoshock after which i whack them to bits or just unload with the shotgun. The nullifying effect really came in handy. At the end it was a one shot kill most of the time, with a few whacks of the wrench. Bullets were reserved for bigger monsters. Went full in on hacking and human mods, but also typhon mods and some fun powers.

I actually went for multiple endings because i bailed when given the chance. Had a good chuckle at the reaction of Alex. Afterwards i made the compromise choice because the more definitive ending just didn't feel right after i couldn't save the pilot (and alex). I did not see the ending coming and was not spoiled for it. A nice surprise i must say.

Overall i really liked it.

Might give the other Arkane Games a go, i hear good things about the dishonored games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU