Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Deus Ex: Invisible War is probably worth a playthrough after Human Revolution and Mankind Divided. It's aged worse than the original Deus Ex though.

edit: Ultima Underworld and Ultima Underworld 2 might be worth a spin if you wanna see the proto-immersive sim in it's primordial ooze?

Lord Lambeth fucked around with this message at 20:49 on May 23, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

I was under the impression that bioshock: infinite was pretty successful even if the story is a sequence of wet farts

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

flatluigi posted:

i forgot that the only way to judge the quality of an AAA game is by how much money it makes, sorry

I don't think Infinite was cursed like DC murderverse suggested. Especially when all other examples he gave don't have third games or are struggling to make them(system shock 3!)

DC Murderverse posted:

I mean it killed Irrational and sent Ken Levine into a black hole from which he still has not reappeared from, I dunno how successful that is

Ken Levine is still around and making things, Infinite just burned him the hell out

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Mike the TV posted:

I've heard Death Loop is in development hell :(

We've only seen the one trailer I think and no gameplay.

I'd like to assume it's more of a roguelike than a immersive sim given the setup and mooncrash showing a clear interest in the genre.

edit: I would be more concerned about Ghostwire: Tokyo given the creative director up and left.

Lord Lambeth fucked around with this message at 21:39 on May 24, 2020

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

See the other problem I had with Bioshock: Infinite is the ending felt like the wrote themselves into a corner. I remember thinking where the hell do you go from here.

of course I never played the dlc but I haven't heard good things.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Basic Chunnel posted:

I’m impressed by their commitment to immersion re: not dubbing or subbing the French

the french is subbed if you hit the CC button

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

I want to point out that gog also has a demo for the system shock remaster up

https://www.gog.com/game/system_shock_demo

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

The VR add-on that the game already has isn't really any good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

The Steam Deck is finally getting me to play Mooncrash. it's good!

I think the dlc never felt quite right for me as something you had to sit down at the computer for.