Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sdoots
Nov 3, 2013

I did this and could have stopped it, but nothing in nature ever follows a gaussian curve. Sure, they'll tell you that it does. They say that every five minutes someone dies in a car accident, but how often are there seven hundred and sixty one armless and legless corpses in one hangar?
I really wanted that space cowboy game, guys.

This looks pretty cool though. Really good first person storytelling is hard to do but the bits they've shown seem to nail it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sdoots
Nov 3, 2013

I did this and could have stopped it, but nothing in nature ever follows a gaussian curve. Sure, they'll tell you that it does. They say that every five minutes someone dies in a car accident, but how often are there seven hundred and sixty one armless and legless corpses in one hangar?

Tenzarin posted:

:thejoke:

Was alot more fun than portal 1, the puzzle simulator. Also portals wasn't really the main gimmick of prey 1, it was more of something that was there or you could do. Make fun of the American Indian spirit mode while your at it.

I genuinely enjoyed Prey 2006, but goddamn dude, it wasn't a good game.

Sdoots
Nov 3, 2013

I've been working towards completing the first side mission I found, "The Body Vanishes" or something like that. The goal is to recover something from Bellamy's corpse. I've gone through the Trauma Center, to the Hardware Labs, and am currently in Psychotronics. I had to spend some time on the main path to acquire keycards I needed to make progress, but otherwise, I've been railroading this side mission.

I'm on Normal, and I'm playing primarily like a somewhat overconfident jackass, because I am. I'll gloo gun anything that moves, smack it down, and go on my way. I've got my shotgun upgraded to the point where I can one or two shot most phantoms I encounter. This all said, I'm starting to really get beat up here in Psychotronics. Is this to be expected? My supplies have gone from acceptable to near non-existent.

My intent is to avoid spending any neuromods on the Typhon abilities. If this is dumb, or gimping myself more than I realize, let me know.

Sdoots
Nov 3, 2013

Finished it tonight. Great game.

Questions about plot because I am dumb:

So, uh, what the gently caress just happened?

I did a no-typhon run and helped everyone I could. At the end the fourth operator said "it never met me". Using the nullwave, blowing Talos up and getting off the station with Dahl and the survivors both led to Alex showing me a hosed up world. My hand turned human in the handshake both ways.

Is this a BUT MORGAN WAS DEAD THE WHOLE TIME scenario? Why in the hell is there a Typhon in a chair in some basement? I feel like I need a chart or something to keep track of where all the simulations and realities branch and break.

Sdoots
Nov 3, 2013

Palpek posted:

In the meantime I gave the context for why the thing happened and because 100k probations are rare I thought it's self-explainatory that it would be undone for something so harmless, it's not like I'm modding games with an iron fist. Sorry for any misunderstandings.

Idk man, you were pretty brutal towards that Thermidor dev. loving cold hearted.