Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

it's a goofy gimmick run thing they put in to encourage people to try replaying the game relying on less combat-oriented mechanics, and barely gets mentioned in game (I guess in Prey they do tell you that the turrets that generally lose to mimics might get grumpy if you go full Typhon murder machine? oh no). that you have found a self-selecting group of guys who read a bunch about the game endings on forums or wikis or whatever and then refuse to play the game in any way but the gimmick way and then complain about how that's ruined their fun does not mean that's who every game needs to be designed around

On Playstation at least if you want to plat you have to do some annoying gimmick runs. They made it a requirement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

KillHour posted:

Nobody is requiring you to get plat in a game.

If I ever make a videogame, I'm going to make trophies that require a nearly impossible level of effort - like literal years spent in game. And I'm going to tell people to not try to get them because they're loving stupid.

That was the Plat for Final Fantasy XI and I know a guy that did it. Thousands of hours. It was absolutely heinous.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

Dyz posted:

The key to doing a human/typhon only run is to do a no needles run, carry a neuromod all the way to the end of the game, save before you finish the game, then reload the save and use the neuromod to get a typhon/human power.

Easy :v:

I considered this but jesus that would suck.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

The yellow post it "not a mimic" room was amazing.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

I would pay solid money for a high res remake of this without load screens between areas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

I would play the poo poo out of an HD remake VR Prey.