Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
What’s the maximum number achievable for the “humans rescued” tally?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

I got the achievement for 5 escapes in one run. I sill have the story objectives for the Volunteer, the Janitor, and Yu to complete.

Something like 18, I think? The trickiest part is probably Crew Quarters, you need to stun/mindjack the mind-controlled people in the fitness center before any of them walk into the random flame jets and die. Second tricky spot is the Gates of Hell, but just place 5 turrets instead of 3 and that should do.

You also need good luck and to not have the Nightmare spawn in the Cargo Bay safe zone, as it will wipe out a bunch of people and there's nothing much you can do about that.

Yeah, I got 18. It just threw me for a loop because that number isn’t easy to find on the internet, but the possible ceiling for humans killed is much higher.

I really loved this game. I guess if I want to see more immersive sims I should start buying them on release. Deus Ex:HR and Prey both deserve narrative follow ups, but I doubt we will get them.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
Deathloop: Ecks vs. Sever

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
Is there an achievement for researching every enemy? Is there a particular place to scan the apex typhon?

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
I wish I had beelined the wrench, then stealth skills because of how much I just love playing as a melee machine. You really have to max those out for it to become a viable playstyle, otherwise it’s crucial to use all of the weapons at your disposal.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
Why does the game call you out at the end for killing Typhon during the crisis when both endings feature you killing all of the Typhon on Talos I?

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

WaltherFeng posted:

Goo platforming is very fun and suprisingly effective.

I wish there’d been a few more soft tutorial sections to help players understand the goo mechanics. I spent a long time trying to make goo mounds to reach stuff, only to realize you cannot stack goo, just place it on floors and walls.

Edit: cannot

El_Elegante fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Jun 27, 2019

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
Have you not experimented with that? This game is a buffet where you should try everything.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

YeahWhatevah posted:

Allow me to interrupt this slapfight and say - game good.

If it is true that Prey didn't sell well, then gamer culture is well and truly hosed. Seriously, everyone who said Lavine is a hack is absolutely correct. Ark knows how to make a proper SS2 sequel, and this mutherfuker has it in spades. Pearls before swine, or Madden's MOBA Battlefield of Duty (with loot boxen) players, but I repeat myself. This is the most underappreciated game since Alien Isolation IMO.

Eight bux people! Eight lovely dollars! If you liked the BioShocks, or Stalker/Metro, or especially SS2, this a no brainer. Preaching to the choir, I know, but spread forth the gospel children. I feel like I just robbed someone.

Prey’s failure to be a breakout hit has way more to do with the publisher’s choice of name and limited marketing than the game itself. I hope its reputation as a standout of the genre continues to grow.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
I thought the turrets deactivated on level load?

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
I’m finally tackling Mooncrash. Is there a failure state here? Is there any reason to hoard the simulation credits, or to splurge on a bunch of neuromods? Can I manually reset the simulation when a character dies?

Edit: If it’s better to figure this out through trial and error for a better experience I’ll take that as an answer.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
Mooncrash was a lot of fun. I’d really like to see another game in this franchise!!!

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
Yeah, I got burned by that a couple of times on PC. Your assessment of the rest of it is spot on-I would never roll with so many Typhon powers.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

BigglesSWE posted:

You did. This game is a phenomenal showcase of what good, driven developers can do with a meaningless IP.

They didn’t have an IP when they made the game. They named this baby after it was a pipelined product with a clear design direction.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

Yoshimo posted:

You better be posting in the wrong drat thread

settle down, Beavis

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
It’s a randomized rogue-like that doesn’t further the main game’s plot. That put me off of playing it for a long time, but I really enjoyed Mooncrash.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
The next installment of the Halo franchise has also been subtitled infinite. I hope this is the start of a trend.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
I enjoyed taking on the freakishly buff man with no genitals.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
Mankind Divided is good and fun, I hope you get a chance to experience it.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

Basic Chunnel posted:

It was the Billy Idol of immersive sim. Was it an immersive sim? Not by any true metric, but it was good and it sang cool songs about sex, and the traits it selectively inherited from its Authentic Immersive Sim forebears ended up proliferating wildly among games that were even less Authentic Immersive Sim from that point forward. It's easy to not give it credit as the greatest Pop Immersive Sim of the 80's, perhaps of all time, but that doesn't change the fact.

Why are there copies of the style section all over the place? Do you have a dog? A little chow or something?

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
I’m thinking it would have been a lot like Jurassic Park: Trespasser where they couldn’t actually get the dinos to switch routines from fight to gently caress to feed so they just left it set at fight.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
oh

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
How balanced/multi-pronged is the game?

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
Yeah, hopefully that bit where he was killed with a single shotgun hit is representative of the gameplay. Looks like they have a great visual style going here.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
I’m certainly glad I got around to playing Mooncrash.

Thank you Prey thread.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

Nea posted:

Is there a deathloop thread right now or is this it? I'm so goddamn excited for that game. All the ideas they had in mooncrash being used in a much bigger and cooler way. The protagonists, the aesthetic, the actually-fighting-is-good-now-and-not-something-to-be-avoided, all of this poo poo has me incredibly hyped up.

Make an OP but just put it here instead

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
DLC is standalone, don’t enable survival options on your first playthrough because the game is not designed around it (they were dummied out of the base game some point before it finished, pretty well designed in the DLC, then added back to the base game as an afterthought).

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
hell yeah

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
No one said those things, though

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

itry posted:

How do you like the recycling grenades

very carefully

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
Good, I keep telling myself to make the Games thread for it but then putting it off

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
The more I think about a Prey sequel, the more I’d want it to focus on people like Morgan who have become unholy ubermenschen thanks to voraciously consuming the Typhon, who are probably even less concerned with preserving humanity than ordinary baseline Typhon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

Basic Chunnel posted:

Prey is better than DE

Who cares?