Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Isn't his merch like the #2 seller at live shows after Cena?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Aphrodite posted:

When I went to the house show on Friday they sold out of Roman vests.

That's honestly embarrassing. At the same time though how many vests are they actually making. They are probably much more expensive to make because it's a different material so they probably don't make as many as a T shirt.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/ComicBookNOW/status/846746124945932288 https://twitter.com/demonreigns/status/846537143103246336

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
big dog

big hair

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Another masterclass by HHH. The errors in continuity are totally on purpose.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
The funny thing about Roman compared to Cena though is that Cena was always more cheered than booed. Roman is almost consistently booed in every town. Even the small towns.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
When HHH was getting cheered in the Roman feud it was because he was totally playing the heel character. The cerebral assassin strikes again!

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

The_Rob posted:

Do his t shirts even sell that well? Aren't they having some of the lowest ratings and losing viewership daily? Also not to mention yes he gets booed but honestly I feel like they aren't really passionate boos. The fans seem to not care about Roman that much unless he is slated to win a main event or have some huge moment. His match with Braun last month I feel like the fans really didn't give a poo poo, but yeah you put them in there with undertaker the boos will be louder than normal.

I wouldn't be surprised if new day is the top merch mover after Cena these days

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

DoctorGonzo posted:

When HHH was getting cheered in the Roman feud it was because he was totally playing the heel character. The cerebral assassin strikes again!

And we know how much money that feud made. HHH is just that cerebral.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

You should not insult Wrestling Observer Booker Of The Year Award Winner Triple H.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Aphrodite posted:

When I went to the house show on Friday they sold out of Roman vests.

There are only so many 5X sizes available...

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I guess it's possible they just didn't bring many.

All I personally saw was them sell the one on display because they didn't have any more.

bradzilla posted:

There are only so many 5X sizes available...

Oh that's another thing. I saw they only sell M, L and XL.

No kids sizes and no extra Xs seems like totally missing your audience.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

DoctorGonzo posted:

"Levesque fosters talent growth with NXT, and some of his proudest moments can now be viewed as the talent elevates itself to the main roster and wins WWE championships. The greatest payoff is the celebratory picture with Levesque.

http://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2017/03/27/wwe-triple-h-paul-levesque-nxt-cruiserweight-brands

This explains everything. HHH and Stephanie actually think that they are the good guys. I hope Vince never dies because holy gently caress this company is screwed.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
"I spoke with John in 2004 when I was going to work with him at WrestleMania, and he was a little bothered by the fact he was getting booed. I said to him, ‘Dude, it’s sold out. What do you care? You are the Yankees and the Red Sox in the same game.’ You cannot dictate to people anymore"

That triple threat between Cena, Shawn and HHH at WM XX was great. HHH tapping to the stf was a awesome visual.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The Montreal crowd loved Roman. There were some boos but they were really forced stuff from the idiots who yell things all night.

But Charlotte got a huge reaction too.

So I don't know what was going on there.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

i would like to restate my opinion that the correct thing to do is chant "BORING" when something sucks

boooo is for people doing dastardly things, BORING is for people who need to gently caress off

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

dromal phrenia posted:

i would like to restate my opinion that the correct thing to do is chant "BORING" when something sucks

boooo is for people doing dastardly things, BORING is for people who need to gently caress off

The CM PUNK chant is better IMO. You just know that it bothers HHH and Stephanie-

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Aphrodite posted:

The Montreal crowd loved Roman. There were some boos but they were really forced stuff from the idiots who yell things all night.

But Charlotte got a huge reaction too.

So I don't know what was going on there.

Montreal cheering heels is a long time-honored tradition! :v:

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
If Roman getting booed is good according to wwe. Why do they edit crowd reactions? Like when that guy recently was filmed being pissed that Roman won and then the next night they edited it to make him look like he was happy Roman won.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

The_Rob posted:

If Roman getting booed is good according to wwe. Why do they edit crowd reactions? Like when that guy recently was filmed being pissed that Roman won and then the next night they edited it to make him look like he was happy Roman won.

rare Magic card l00k posted:

Have you considered that maybe WWE is the heel?

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!
Everything makes sense when you think of WWE as not a giant publicly traded entertainment company, but as a toybox full of living, breathing action figures a billionaire, his daughter, and his son-in-law get to play with on television. Think of when you used to play with wrestling figures -- the storylines made no sense. Now take that, add seven figures, and oh yeah the child has early onset dementia.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

rare Magic card l00k posted:

Montreal cheering heels is a long time-honored tradition! :v:

I've been to plenty of shows here, you can tell when they're just doing it to be French Canadian and when it's real.

They love Charlotte. It's mind boggling.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

bloodysabbath posted:

Everything makes sense when you think of WWE as not a giant publicly traded entertainment company, but as a toybox full of living, breathing action figures a billionaire, his daughter, and his son-in-law get to play with on television. Think of when you used to play with wrestling figures -- the storylines made no sense. Now take that, add seven figures, and oh yeah the child has early onset dementia.

My action figure storylines were meticulously planned I'll have you know!

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
HHH's logic is one that if WWE wasn't a predatory monopoly would see WWE bankrupt.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
when bryan alvarez eventually gets to write the death of wwe its just gonna have a big ol' picture of roman on the cover

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
So, let's see.

- Having Roman main event WrestleMania twice against two of the biggest heels in the company
- Countless video packages with awesome hero-y music and added in cheers
- Muting boos
- Digitally editing signs
- Digitally changing people's reactions

But nah, he's totally already a heel.

I'm sure it's just a coincidence that this explanation absolves them of being incompetent jackasses who failed to get a can't-miss prospect over with the fans for three straight years. I wonder what their explanation is for why everybody else on Raw who was over as gently caress in NXT is dead in the water.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Personally I'm just really glad that my favorite wrestler signed with WWE and he went from main eventing shows like a scrub to not being booked like a true champion.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

You boo him so he's actually already the heel

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

VJeff posted:

So, let's see.

- Having Roman main event WrestleMania twice against two of the biggest heels in the company
- Countless video packages with awesome hero-y music and added in cheers
- Muting boos
- Digitally editing signs
- Digitally changing people's reactions

But nah, he's totally already a heel.

I'm sure it's just a coincidence that this explanation absolves them of being incompetent jackasses who failed to get a can't-miss prospect over with the fans for three straight years. I wonder what their explanation is for why everybody else on Raw who was over as gently caress in NXT is dead in the water.

No you don't get it man. Getting no reaction is the new way to be a face. It's 2017 baby fans have changed.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Sometimes I wish WCW won the war

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

HHH getting the company is going to be the Vince Sr./Vince Jr. story, except instead of succeeding beyond the wildest dreams, HHH will flush the company down the toilet and Kevin Dunn will get it.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
Triple H hasn't even fostered any talent. Everyone who's been successful post NXT was already good when they got there besides maybe Charlotte.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

How do they know that it is Roman that sells the tickets? Is there actually marketing research to support this or is the idea that because he is the top guy he is the prime mover? Because the latter sounds along the lines of Vince's assumption that steroid physique = charisma. Like they always say you can't define "it" which implies charisma is subjective but then they treat what they think of as charismatic as some kind of universal standard.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
So by Triple H's own logic, CM Punk is the biggest face in WWE right now.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

DoctorGonzo posted:

The CM PUNK chant is better IMO. You just know that it bothers HHH and Stephanie-

Wrong. It just makes them immediately laugh people off even more than usual.

That's why I think people should start chanting something like "PLEASE TURN ROMAN". "Die Rocky Die" was one of the major things that made them turn Rock. People need to use their voices specifically and pointedly and "CM PUNK" is a lovely chant for idiots.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Eli Wiggum posted:

Sometimes I wish WCW won the war

TOUGH LUCK, HHH KILLED WCW!!!!

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Strawberry Panda posted:

Triple H hasn't even fostered any talent. Everyone who's been successful post NXT was already good when they got there besides maybe Charlotte.

Yeah that's my favorite thing. HHH picked up dudes who were really good and everyone already liked and respected. Then he stands there like he found some unknown talent.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Strawberry Panda posted:

Standing next to something that was going to work regardless and then claiming it as a personal victory is a management technique as old as time.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

If you really want to make a change in WWE then take a look at the man in the mirror

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

DoctorGonzo posted:

TOUGH LUCK, HHH KILLED WCW!!!!

drat, if only Sting didn't suck so much and was a handsome winner like Goldberg

• Locked thread