Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
WWE Discussion Go Home Thread you're drunk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

WrasslorMonkey posted:

At first I thought this was going to be a picture of a giant sinkhole. Turns out I may have been right.

The Undertaker is going to grievously injure himself walking down that thing

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Sorry I guess it makes me a bad smark but I will forever think CM PUNK is a poo poo chant for idiots IF anyone thinks it'll actually change anything. If people just aim to mildly annoy Trips and that's all, then fine.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

IcePhoenix posted:

Baron Corbin, Bray Wyatt, American Alpha, Sasha, Bayley, Enzo and Cass, Rusev, Corey Graves (slightly different situation but still relevant I think), Alexa Bliss...am I forgetting anyone? I feel like I'm forgetting someone.
Braaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaun

Also there are a bunch of NXT wrestlers that are pretty good or not bad with little indy XP

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

What match is going to go on last, I wonder? It has to be either Roman/Taker or Lesnar/Goldberg, right? I can't imagine the fans will be happy for either one, really.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Sorry I guess it makes me a bad smark but I will forever think CM PUNK is a poo poo chant for idiots IF anyone thinks it'll actually change anything. If people just aim to mildly annoy Trips and that's all, then fine.

I'm sure there are people who think it will change things but I can't control people's intentions, but it annoys HHH and that's funny and good.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

i can't think of a single chant that's made anything in wrestling better. usually it makes it much worse.

I guess "Die rocky die" like you said but jeez that poo poo ain't happening in 2017 for good reason.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I just want the HGH Mortal Kombat cosplayer to feel bad. I have Progress and NJPW for wrestling.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

The_Rob posted:

I'm sure there are people who think it will change things but I can't control people's intentions, but it annoys HHH and that's funny and good.

I guess. I just think it's stupid.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Gonzo McFee posted:

I just want the HGH Mortal Kombat cosplayer to feel bad. I have Progress and NJPW for wrestling.
This is funny since Progress is in cahoots with the WWE as of late

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

projecthalaxy posted:

What match is going to go on last, I wonder? It has to be either Roman/Taker or Lesnar/Goldberg, right? I can't imagine the fans will be happy for either one, really.
I'm going with HHH/Rollins

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:

That DICK! posted:

i can't think of a single chant that's made anything in wrestling better. usually it makes it much worse.

I guess "Die rocky die" like you said but jeez that poo poo ain't happening in 2017 for good reason.

New Day Sucks

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

keevo posted:

New Day Sucks

Let's go New Day!

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

keevo posted:

New Day Sucks

Daniel Bryan

AJ Styles

At the time, We Want Ryder

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Daniel Bryan

AJ Styles

At the time, We Want Ryder

We want Ryder didn't change anything. They jobbed him out to Cena and ruined his webshow.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tpunvqSyOk

a historic, record setting wrestlemania moment!

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

achillesforever6 posted:

Braaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaun

Also there are a bunch of NXT wrestlers that are pretty good or not bad with little indy XP

I didn't count Braun because he like never wrestled down there and I didn't count anyone who hasn't been called up.

I did figure out that I forgot Becky, though.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I think it's more of a constant reminder of how stupid the company is and I'm fine with that.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

achillesforever6 posted:

This is funny since Progress is in cahoots with the WWE as of late

But it doesn't directly benefit WWE yet so I'm morally in the clear.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I get to go to PWG nearly every month so that is really cool.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

The_Rob posted:

We want Ryder didn't change anything. They jobbed him out to Cena and ruined his webshow.

I guarantee you he never wins the US title without those chants. And Ryder winning it in his hometown was a cool moment, period. If we're using hindsight booking then Mania 30 wasn't any good either.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I guarantee you he never wins the US title without those chants. And Ryder winning it in his hometown was a cool moment, period. If we're using hindsight booking then Mania 30 wasn't any good either.

It wasn't good. I thought that the very moment it happened.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

The_Rob posted:

It wasn't good. I thought that the very moment it happened.

What, Mania 30 or Ryder?

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

achillesforever6 posted:

Braaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaun

Those aren't the ones Triple H is taking pictures with, though.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

SamuraiFoochs posted:

What, Mania 30 or Ryder?

Both.

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!

projecthalaxy posted:

There's no way they don't end with the fruit roll up belt match after going through the trouble of getting the belt on Goldberg with no real build. Goldberg/Lesnar doesn't need the belt but try telling Vince that.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
I've noticed a very strange backlash on Tumblr and other places online where Roman fans and others totally think WWE ever giving in to the fans with WM 30 was the downfall of the company because now ~the fans are taking oveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer~

It's actually becoming a popular fan opinion that the lovely TNA announcement that the fans needs to keep their mouths shut until the company tells them to and only cheer faces and boos heels is 100% correct and modern wrestling fans are spoiled.

I'm not gonna lie and say fans can be obnoxious as poo poo but to say that booing Roman is disrespectful (and racist!) is absurd.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

To each their own, but I can't see a reason why anyone would hate WM 30.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
Looks like the Raw Tag Title match is now a ladder match, hooray

http://www.wwe.com/shows/wrestlemania/33/raw-tag-team-title-triple-threat-ladder-match

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

sportsgenius86 posted:

It's not hate, it's this idea that Bryan should have never won because giving in to the fans eventually kills creativity and who knows the business better? The fans or the writers? :smug:

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Wrong. It just makes them immediately laugh people off even more than usual.

That's why I think people should start chanting something like "PLEASE TURN ROMAN". "Die Rocky Die" was one of the major things that made them turn Rock. People need to use their voices specifically and pointedly and "CM PUNK" is a lovely chant for idiots.
i figure the chants they're most likely to react to are ones that make them look bad. thats why i think BORING works - no one wants their fans (or their investors) tuning in and hearing thousands of people scream BORING at the product

i dont entirely hate the idea of, say, 'die roman die' but i dont like your polite replacement. do not chant 'please' at vince mcmahon, he will destroy you for your weakness. also i don't want roman to turn heel as badly as i want him shoved further down the card so better people can main event

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

sportsgenius86 posted:

WM 30 had one really good match and many mediocre matches. I thought the main event sucked except for the ending. It was awesome to see Daniel Bryan go that far, but I thought the triple threat was a pretty standard wwe main event match. They even did the extended spot where they tried to make you think Daniel Bryan is injured. I really hate that spot. Bray vs Cena was nothing, taker vs Brock was bad. I dunno it really doesn't do anything for me.

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

When the drug test comes back positive for performance enhancing drugs.
Daniel Bryan has been one of the worst things to happen to babyface wrestlers in WWE. Now they only book babyfaces to lose because it worked for Bryan, and cut off any momentum a babyface could get if they actually won once in a while.

Except for Roman of course, but they don't book him correctly either so who the gently caress knows

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

The_Rob posted:

Them laughing it off is the equivalent of the forum poster claiming he is the puppet master. If they actually laughed it off they would never feel the need to mention it at all.

have you considered the possibility that those posters actually do believe they are a puppet master? you underestimate the power of delusion, both with internet posters and with millionaire carnies

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

dromal phrenia posted:

'die roman die'
I was at a house show in Rosemont, IL back in September and some piece of poo poo sitting behind us desperately tried to start a "DIE ROMAN DIE" chant by screaming it at the absolute top of his lungs. I'm surprised he didn't pass out from the effort.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Vaguido posted:

Daniel Bryan has been one of the worst things to happen to babyface wrestlers in WWE. Now they only book babyfaces to lose because it worked for Bryan, and cut off any momentum a babyface could get if they actually won once in a while.

Except for Roman of course, but they don't book him correctly either so who the gently caress knows

I think they forget that Daniel Bryan is legit one of the best workers in the world who had a certain type of charisma that made people like him. He just has a good appeal. Roman is a good looking athletic guy who has been given every opportunity by wwe. Why would fans want to cheer for him when they know he is going to be a top guy no matter what.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Oh good I guess they can finish the job on Sheamus that they started on Monday night. :v:

Change of subject though, has anyone on the Twitters or anything else heard how JR is doing coping with the loss of his wife?

https://twitter.com/JRsBBQ/status/845996073944526848/photo/1

That hits the good spot of the feels. :unsmith: Also it seems he's going to keep himself busy and he's honoring his appearances in Orlando this weekend. I guess it'll be good for him to be around people he knows.

Jiro fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Mar 28, 2017

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

roman is getting worse looking by the day and his athleticism doesn't wow me. give a god-push to handsome rusev immediately

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

dromal phrenia posted:

roman is getting worse looking by the day and his athleticism doesn't wow me. give a god-push to handsome rusev immediately

He had shoulder surgery

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
The newest news regarding the accident was that the 17 year old driver who hit her was texting at the time.

DON'T TEXT AND DRIVE FOR gently caress'S SAKES.

• Locked thread