Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Would you play this game?
Yes
No
Maybe
View Results

• Locked thread
simreal
Jun 21, 2003
Yes, the name is lame.

I'm working on a game and i'm looking for some feedback. The game is called HyperShift. It's meant to remind you of the old Galaga/Gaplus style arcade games. I'll post a video of some relatively recent game play so you have an idea of what it looks like. I would appreciate any constructive comments. I have the game posted to Steams Greenlight right now and it's up for sale on Itch.io, the typical wanna be game dev moves. Right?

If there's enough interest I'll post a link to the latest build so you goons can download it and poo poo all over my dreams. Actually gently caress it ... here is the link: http://echo9hotel.com/HyperShift.Zip (200MB ish)

HyperShift

The Ship configuration will be persistent between levels but not deaths.

Pickups enhance the ship and its capabilities
Enemies ships evolve and become more difficult
Additional obstacles will be added as the game progresses
Levels will also add new and exciting events and game mechanics
The currently available game mode is called Survival. you get one life and your goal is to survive the round and score the most points possible. Can you set the high score?

There will be builds for Windows, Mac, and Linux. The development will be done on Windows and the alternate packages will come later.

Future builds will include new game modes including Arcade and Campaign modes.

In arcade mode you will play stage after stage, each getting tougher than the previous. How far you can make it depends on your skill and luck. Your ship upgrades stay with you into the next round and you only reset when you die. You will have a limited number of lives with the ability to earn more through in game pickups and score bonuses. When your last ship is destroyed your game is over.

Campaign mode offers you the ability to save your progress. You will be able to acquire, sell, and buy ship upgrades. Before each round you can equip your ship with the upgrades you have available to you in your inventory. You will unlock the ability to purchase an upgrade in the ship store when you collect that upgrade in a game round/level. If you die you lose the equipped upgrades so be careful not to risk too much. In this mode you will be able to retry each level until you complete it and there will be boss fights.

I hope you enjoy the game and we welcome your feedback.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1k0n5FiZoBo

Let me know what you guys think.

Since I mentioned it I might as well add the link to the Steam Greenlight Post. Yes votes help me. No votes, kill puppies in foreign countries.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=886721186&searchtext=hypershift

simreal fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Mar 28, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowboybot
Sep 27, 2007
On a steel horse I ride
More gameplay than Thermidor: Guillotine love interest simulator at least.

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Excuse my worthless shitposting because all I can ever hope to accomplish in life is to rot away the braincells of strangers on the internet with my irredeemable brainworms.
hail satan

• Locked thread