Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shampy
Apr 27, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
LCD Soundsystem seems to be back for a short run opening in New York, Anyone going to this?

APR
THU
LCD Soundsystem
8:00 PM
Brooklyn Steel
Brooklyn, NY

APR
FRI
LCD Soundsystem
Brooklyn Steel
Brooklyn, NY

APR
SAT
LCD Soundsystem
Brooklyn Steel
Brooklyn, NY

APR
MON
LCD Soundsystem
Brooklyn Steel
Brooklyn, NY

APR
TUE
LCD Soundsystem
Brooklyn Steel
Brooklyn, NY

I'm in Miami and considering making the trek for this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
They've been back for a while now there friend. They went on tour last year and are currently finishing up the new album.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

I never really 'got' LCD Soundsystem (apart from that Friends song) until I heard their music in a bar. It's pretty optimal background to you-and-your-20something-friends-talking-poo poo-about-life scenes.

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Lampsacus posted:

I never really 'got' LCD Soundsystem (apart from that Friends song) until I heard their music in a bar. It's pretty optimal background to you-and-your-20something-friends-talking-poo poo-about-life scenes.

Sounds miserable

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

They headlined a bunch of festivals last year and are doing so again this year, and will probably release an album sooner rather than later.

I'm seeing them for the first time at Pitchfork, I'm pretty excited!

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
Im gunna try to get tickets, last time I saw them was almost 6 years ago to the day at the Terminal 5 run of final shows

Centrist Dad
Nov 13, 2007

When I see your posting
College Slice
They always struck me as the also-rans among the great hipster bands of the '00s.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
LCD Soundsystem owns but yeah they're basically back for good. Saw them at lolla and the metro last year, will see them at pitchfork this year, will buy the new album when it comes out.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Yeah I saw them at their "final" concert back then at MSG and it was a crazy awesome experience. Saw them again last year at a festival and it was literally like they never left. They loving killed the show like as if it was 2011 again, it ruled.

interpunct
Aug 2, 2006

Bad girls think that you're being a boob punch

Good luck to everyone attempting to buy tix today.

In case you've never had to deal with buying tickets through AXS, have fun with that? The interface is ugly as hell and you'll be placed in a waiting room so tickets may already be unavailable by the time they arbitrarily let you search for them.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

I know at least one of you fuckers had to have been there last night. How are the new songs?

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Nail Rat posted:

I know at least one of you fuckers had to have been there last night. How are the new songs?

http://www.stereogum.com/1933941/lcd-soundsystem-played-3-new-songs-at-brooklyn-steel-and-they-sounded-like-this/news/

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Lampsacus posted:

Listening to the live at Madison Square Garden really cemented for me just how many loving amazing songs they have in their discography. Like it's amazing song after amazing song after amazing song. They have way more hits than they do misses.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

LCD is performing on Saturday Night Live on May 6th, which means sometime between now and then we're probably getting at least one song. God bless this lovely year.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

They're releasing two new songs tonight.

2ill
Nov 13, 2012
Hey.

"Murphy notes the tracks will be available at midnight “wherever you are,” meaning folks in Australia—or anyone who can fake an Australian internet connection—can already listen to them on streaming services."
http://www.avclub.com/article/lcd-soundsystem-release-2-new-songs-tonight-midnig-254781

Not to be pushy, but who here's got the juice?

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Given that Murphy didn't lose his chops (David Bowie saw him fit for a collaboration in Blackstar after all) this is at least some promising poo poo

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

Drink it up and hunker down

2ill posted:

Hey.

"Murphy notes the tracks will be available at midnight “wherever you are,” meaning folks in Australia—or anyone who can fake an Australian internet connection—can already listen to them on streaming services."
http://www.avclub.com/article/lcd-soundsystem-release-2-new-songs-tonight-midnig-254781

Not to be pushy, but who here's got the juice?

They're out there. Google something like "lcd soundsystem call the police zip" and you might be able to find a link.

Call the Police is really good.

edit: Call the Police: http://pitchfork.com/news/68034-listen-to-lcd-soundsystems-new-song-call-the-police/

angrygodofjebus fucked around with this message at 19:59 on May 4, 2017

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
So the album is going to take a while to release since he wants the vinyl out on day 1 which is cool I guess but you know whatever. It is what it is.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

It's clear from the few minutes before the DJ cuts the song off that it's solid and that he's taken great care of his voice over the past decade.

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT
Yeah, the new songs sound great. "call the police" has him sounding a little like Wayne Coyne and the whole track sounds super familiar somehow. Not exactly what I was expecting from new LCD but it's entirely welcome.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I, Butthole posted:

"call the police" has him sounding a little like Wayne Coyne
He really does, and yet this song alone is better than anything The Flaming Lips have put out in the past couple years.

I'm excited to hear the proper studio version. That radio version sounded kinda low-quality, which is expected, but at least the studio version will be out in like an hour or 2.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

hot take: this is good poo poo (dat bass on call the police, yum)

edit: btw it is on spotify already, so I think it is in proper quality

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

dead comedy forums posted:

edit: btw it is on spotify already, so I think it is in proper quality
Not for me :negative:

Though it's only 10:15 here so it'll probably be there in 45 minutes (midnight Eastern which is 11 here)

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
It's up on Apple Music and I'm about to listen to it

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

It's on Spotify for me now, can confirm it's really good

But American Dream is EVEN BETTER. Reminding me a lot of the work he did on Arcade Fire's Reflektor. That arp bass is so drat cool.

I can't wait to see them play these on SNL, or one of them at least.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
American Dream is super super good. I like Call the Police a fair bit as well, cool to see them going a different direction.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

thrilla in vanilla posted:

American Dream is super super good. I like Call the Police a fair bit as well, cool to see them going a different direction.

I'm not sure I call Call the Police (heh) a different direction, it sounds like something that would've been right in place just after I Can Change.

Not that I'm complaining at all. There was only three albums of LCD, I don't need anything super different. Just more of the good poo poo.

edit: holy poo poo, American Dream is WAY better even though I like Call the Police. The general defeated desperation of his lyrics is very much intact.

"It's a drug of the heart
And you can't stop from shaking
Because the body wants what it's terrible at taking" :smithicide:

Nail Rat fucked around with this message at 03:02 on May 6, 2017

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
American Dream is SO good.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

You want to hear a weird, yet true thing?

LCD Soundsystem is performing on Saturday Night Live. Tonight. That's a weird thing to say.

2ill
Nov 13, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JiC7SEkQX9U
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GA852O3Yz_k
And they were good too.
These songs have both somehow way exceeded my expectations which have been tempering for a year and a half. Both are legitimately incredible; "American Dream" might be their "best ever", measures up to "All my Friends" and just sounds ~fantastic~.

God, I wonder how much acid they put that guy in the back on.

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

these are good, gj LCD & James

CRINDY
Sep 23, 2010

forget about ur worries and ur strife
Call The Police is a return to form and American Dream made me tear up because it's a new high for them.

Also last week Facebook reminded me of the nine-year anniversary of quoting Sound of Silver as a teen so yeah this is really nice to see.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

LCD Soundsystem album is done per LCD's official Facebook. Should be out sometime in a couple months (he said six weeks is the absolute fastest but that it will probably be longer).

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Album is called American Dream and is coming out September 1st.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Don't forget the tour (like Murphy apparently forgot the entire middle of the country)

LCD Soundsystem:

09-08-09 Copenhagen, Denmark - Vega
09-11-12 Amsterdam, Netherlands - Paradiso
09-13-14 Paris, France - L'Olympia
09-16-17 Manchester, England - The Warehouse Project
09-19 Glasgow, Scotland - The Barrowland Ballroom
09-22 London, England - Alexandra Palace
10-17 Washington, DC - The Anthem
10-21-22 Atlanta, Georgia - Coca Cola Roxy Theatre
10-25 Miami, FL - James L. Knight Center Theater
10-27 New Orleans, LA - Voodoo Music + Arts Experience
10-30 Dallas, TX - The Bomb Factory
10-31 Austin, TX - Austin360 Amphitheater
11-03 Detroit, MI - Masonic Temple Theatre
11-09 St. Paul, MN - Roy Wilkins Auditorium
11-11 Broomfield, CO - 1st Bank Center
11-14 San Francisco, CA - Bill Graham Civic Auditorium
11-17-18-19-20-21 Los Angeles, CA - Hollywood Palladium
12-02 Montréal, Québec - QC Place Bell Arena
12-03 Toronto, Ontario - Air Canada Centre
12-05-06 Philadelphia, PA - The Fillmore
12-08 Boston, MA - Agganis Arena
12-11-12 Brooklyn, NY - Brooklyn Steel
12-14-15 Brooklyn, NY - Brooklyn Steel
12-17-18-19 Brooklyn, NY - Brooklyn Steel
12-21-22-23 Brooklyn, NY - Brooklyn Steel

I mean, I guess I'm already seeing them in Chicago over the summer, but I still might try to drive up to St. Paul on a Thursday night.

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

Drink it up and hunker down
They just killed Pitchfork in Chicago. Call the Police is absurdly good live.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

angrygodofjebus posted:

They just killed Pitchfork in Chicago. Call the Police is absurdly good live.

seconding this. it was nothing but hits and the two new singles, and they're a very tight live band. I wish it had started about an hour later so it would have been dark the entire time, but watching the sunset was pretty dope too.

For whatever reason, Home and American Dream were the songs I felt the most last night. American Dream had that very "end of prom night" vibe to it.

Gravitee
Nov 20, 2003

I just put money in the Magic Fingers!
I saw them on Saturday at Forecastle in Louisville and all the comments about Pitchfork applied to Forecastle. They played for almost two hours and it was almost non stop awesomeness. I thought Mr. Murphy might be a little rusty live based on some videos I've seen but he was on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

I'm sure there's some sort of reason they waited until after Pitchfork to announce them (building hype because of their dope performance?) but LCD is, in fact, coming to Chicago for 2 nights at the Aragon. Shows were also added in Nashville, DC and Detroit.

• Locked thread