Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
The album cover is a painting, and it is almost certainly a reference to the novel Infinite Jest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
I didn’t notice until a rewatch of the tonite video that Nancy goes back to reading Morrissey’s Autobiography during every Jupiter-4 break. Whoever plays the Roland SH-5 also sits back down and reads until he is needed.

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
“Oh, sorry. Is my job to make you comfortable? Am I supposed to give you a hand job?”

-James Murphy, 2017

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
[quote="“hughesta”" post="“475889405”"]
it leaked and it’s so good
[/quote]

QFE.

I didn’t care for the first two singles, but they make more sense in context.

Overall, the album feels like a more serious version of This Is Happening. “How do you sleep?” is going to be insane live.

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
8.5 on Pitchfork.

Most of the songs on American Dream feel like repeats from previous albums, but I still like it quite a bit.

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
I love the album, but American Dream feels like the natural ending to me.

Emotional Haircut is a really good b-side, and Black Screen is an Oscar-bait ending credits song.

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
Interesting. I haven’t listened to Pulse yet, but that will probably end up making more sense.

Many years ago, I downloaded a copy of This Is Happening that didn’t have Home at the end. I didn’t realize it until I heard a cover of Home, loved it, and found out it was supposed to be the closing track. Somebody’s Calling Me was a real downer of an ending.

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
I initially liked tonight more than the first two singles, but it has grown on me even more this week. It’s my favorite track on the album and is also the closest track to pre-breakup LCD vibes.

Pulse (v.1) is pretty good, albeit unfinished. I wonder if it’ll be expanded like the DFA Compilation #2 versions of Yeah. I would like it more if they added some nonsensical lyrics or a Nancy rap or something.

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
New album revelations:

Black Screen was supposed to have a spoken word segment at the end. James tried to get Lou Reed, but Lou died. He then tried to get Leonard Cohen, but Cohen died shortly after James thought to call him.

James gave up on the idea.

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008

angrygodofjebus posted:

It is extremely good and I can't wait to see them in just over a month.

Sadness: they have yet to play how do you sleep? live :(

I don't have the quote handy, but I remember Murphy saying they were intentionally waiting a few months before playing that one live. They should start by the end of this year.

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
James said at the end of this year at the earliest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
https://pitchfork.com/news/watch-lcd-soundsystem-play-how-do-you-sleep-live-for-the-first-time/

They played "How Do You Sleep" at the Hollywood Bowl in LA.

• Locked thread