Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Frankly, I'm surprised Free State hasn't tried to DDoS us or something.

I mean, http://www.hayard-gunnes.pmc IS a thing, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Snark
Oct 15, 2012

I'M SORRY, OK!? I admit I've made some mistakes, and Jones has clearly paid for them.
But ma'am! Jones' only crime was looking at the wrong files!
I beg of you, don't ship away Jones, he has a wife and kids!

-United Nations Intelligence Service

Loel posted:

So ... lets buy the other merc team, get them to put up our flags at the last second, and take all the Free Staters hostage.

Our commandos have finished their Hunger Games, yeah? :D

If you're talking about the Thunderdome in the Phoenix Command thread, they just finished another round by having a dude shank another dude in the neck with scissors. He lived...surprisingly...

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!
Oh my god, the name of the Free State leader is a corruption of "Funny Money".

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Dr. Snark posted:

If you're talking about the Thunderdome in the Phoenix Command thread, they just finished another round by having a dude shank another dude in the neck with scissors. He lived...surprisingly...

Think they'll have time to participate in ganking some redditors?

Davin Valkri posted:

Oh my god, the name of the Free State leader is a corruption of "Funny Money".

Its a trollface all the way down. Run off with a billion from a scam kickstarter, type U MAD as you flee to your private island

Tythas
Oct 3, 2013

Never felt at home in reality
Always hiding behind avatars

Loel posted:

Think they'll have time to participate in ganking some redditors?

Phi Confirmed that our ground forces are in Angola (a timeline issue has occurred and our ground forces are still experiencing the thunderdome)

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Loel posted:

Its a trollface all the way down. Run off with a billion from a scam kickstarter, type U MAD as you flee to your private island

Maybe he'll be dumb enough to buy Sealand or his own sovereign island, then we can find some angry ex-free staters to pay us some pocket change to fire a few cruise missiles at it. :v:

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

So at the moment, Id like

A) To find out what the orders for the PMCs are
B) Coordinate so we dont kill each other
C) Have them switch sides/flags when most optimal
D) Do a peaceful handover of territory/redditors to the Count

Are the PMCs out of money yet? Whats their price for pretending to work for Free State until their moment of triumph?

Dr. Snark
Oct 15, 2012

I'M SORRY, OK!? I admit I've made some mistakes, and Jones has clearly paid for them.
But ma'am! Jones' only crime was looking at the wrong files!
I beg of you, don't ship away Jones, he has a wife and kids!

-United Nations Intelligence Service

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Maybe he'll be dumb enough to buy Sealand or his own sovereign island, then we can find some angry ex-free staters to pay us some pocket change to fire a few cruise missiles at it. :v:

Why stop there? Why not go for the full SBD Death Blossom Special?

Quinntan
Sep 11, 2013
I think we're stuffed, bar some Elon Musk miracle. I don't think we're going to make enough progress to Luanda unless the Chinese are late.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
Trying to blaze through 400 post of this thread left me dreaming that me and some goons I don't know are driving through Africa to steal a garishly painted technical

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Quinntan posted:

I think we're stuffed, bar some Elon Musk miracle. I don't think we're going to make enough progress to Luanda unless the Chinese are late.

It's rough, but not the end of the world. The fact that we've gotten this much of the country will still help him in the negotiation table, and there's arguments to be made that if we weren't forced to operate on a timetable like this we could have easily dethroned el presidente. Right now there's not much we can do but wait for the full update on how the situation's played out since our strike.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

A lot of this depends on just what Tesla was after in the capital and whether or not they succeeded. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if they just killed/tired to kill Desantos

Bacarruda
Mar 30, 2011

Mutiny!?! More like "reinterpreted orders"

Loel posted:

So we went with the wide front push, as opposed to the narrow deep one. Im expecting a pleasingly ludicrious payout due to the property damage :v:
'

Added Space posted:

Since our whole goal was to hit the coast, I gotta say that was pretty sub-optimal.

Also, check your PMs Yooper.

Curious to see losses and expenditures on that one, but that sheet might be a different kind of spoiler.

Part of this was the plan and part of this was the execution. Gatecrasher probably did spread things a bit thin -- I hadn't expected there'd be so many FOBs and truck depots to draw fire away from their frontline troops.

But there were some...interesting targeting decisions made (hitting the bridge and power station, focusing on FOBs when there were still infantry and armor contacts, hitting targets well off the highways, etc). The eastern and western strikes could have accomplished a great deal more.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Galaga Galaxian posted:

A lot of this depends on just what Tesla was after in the capital and whether or not they succeeded. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if they just killed/tired to kill Desantos
Yeah, seems like they and Apple aren't big De Santos fans - or at least, he doesn't like them. So hey, common ground!

Bacarruda posted:

Part of this was the plan and part of this was the execution. Gatecrasher probably did spread things a bit thin -- I hadn't expected there'd be so many FOBs and truck depots to draw fire away from their frontline troops.

But there were some...interesting targeting decisions made (hitting the bridge and power station, focusing on FOBs when there were still infantry and armor contacts, hitting targets well off the highways, etc). The eastern and western strikes could have accomplished a great deal more.

Lesson learned, perhaps we need to be more specific in our priorities - ie take out the ground forces, THEN start hitting targets of opportunity (and specify what sort of order there is)

Also, Rohan could have survived, right? She might have been able to bail out, right? :ohdear:

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!

Dr. Snark posted:

OH THOSE FUCKERS TOOK CREDIT FOR OUR LUANDA STRIKE THOSE BASTARDS!

THIS WOULDNT HAVE HAPPENED IF WE CUT OFF THEIR INTERNET LIKE I PROPOSED

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

Operation Gatecrasher

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raBDPw3AFRU
Financials

Lithium Stipend

Working Map

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1WpTsgN4ZjD93Kh3EyjavoHjLJQA&usp=sharing

As the theater is concentrating the density of targets has increased exponentially. Our major gains came along the coast where Von Hoff's forces have pushed up to Porto Aboim. Some of Mbekes forces were able to exploit the path our SDB slinging Gripens made and took the city of Quibala. At the same time as we were moving here, the Free State pushed in on the Dictator's forces at the 3-Way crossroads near Camacupa.

News footage is coming out of that area now and it's like the highway of death in Iraq. Once the Dictators forces realized we were sealing up that flank they drove like mad to escape the encirclement. This was some WW2, Eastern Front, Mannstein style poo poo. What assets could escape found themselves out of fuel and supplies. The Dictator lost a lot of troops and assets trying to hold that point. Now that we hold Quibala the whole thing was moot for the Free State. Now they have to hit our units instead of the Dictators. But it was a morale gain for the Free State as they are still operation. Cobbie says his payment came through, so he'll not be walking on the Free State.

The Coast is a mess of burned iron and scorched steel. Immolation is the occupational hazard for all armored crewman. The FOB's dealt them a blow but by us knocking out the comms on the Sector Control the forces in the south fled north and holed up across a river. Right now there are two roads north. One along the coast and the other through Cambambe. Both are likely to be well defended, but it looks like the Dictator's hold on Angola is crumbling. But the most dangerous animal is one with nothing to lose.

As to Tesla, they sent in a wing of F-22A's right over our positions. Elon Musk himself called Von Hoff the minute they crossed into Angolan airspace. Elon made it simple, he doesn't care who controls Angola as long as it isn't the Dictator. His forces slid in and destroyed the Luanda radar dish and also a critical communications hub that connects the ocean fiber belt to the Dictators C&C bunker. One more nail in Dos Santos's coffin. The only thing we can figure is he's trying to hamper communication with the Chinese.

Three F-22's were downed. Footage of one of the wrecks shows the cockpit to be filled with computers. These are unmanned F-22's which should come as no surprise.

Von Hoff also said Apple contacted him after the raid seeking terms. Shortly after Dos Santos went on TV saying Apple contacted him for terms, as did the Free State. Looks like Apple doesn't care who controls Angola as long as it isn't Tesla or the Chinese.

So where does this leave us? We have one more mission until the Chinese arrive. Though we could see them in theater during that mission. The Free State is still against the ropes, but because we've been diverting assets from most of their front they are still holding on. At this point it's Luanda itself. The big question is who can get there first, us, or the Free State?

Finally, I'm sad to announce that Rohan did not eject from her Rafale. May she finally find rest.

More to come later on our next mission. Hats off to Bacarruda for a well planned mission.

Stago Lego
Sep 3, 2011
That went rather nicely. Sure we weren't as focused as we could however we caused quite an upheavel in their command structure by the look of it!
Also, we took out a lot of Sa-11's so they propably aren't a concern anymore.

Added Space that was cool, especialy the nerd was spot on.

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

Strategy-wise, zi think we should focus on the free state and going around Luanda now. If Von Hoff is the only standing force surrounding Luanda, the dictator will either be couped or get a golden UN parachute, as his rule is collapsing. We need to decisively make sure Von Hoff is the only standing contender for Angola.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

loving Cylon F-22's, I knew it. drat that man and his hubris.

Also, Rohan nooooo :negative:

Quinntan
Sep 11, 2013
The next op has to be bombing the everliving poo poo out of the dictator's forces on our front. gently caress hitting the free state, gently caress hitting anything that isn't in between Luanda and us.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Yeah we spread ourselves a little too thin last time, so now we have to make up for it and go all in on one front and just slam up it.

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!
Another nice tactical win! And a horrible position strategically! Our push on Luanda is in danger of getting cut off if Free State troops manage to push further west. They're about as far as we are from Luanda, but we know that we're going to face heavy resistance. Free state will probably face significantly less.

Quinntan
Sep 11, 2013
Will we be able to hire Zack for the last mission?

koolkevz666
Aug 22, 2015

Yooper posted:

Operation Gatecrasher

Finally, I'm sad to announce that Rohan did not eject from her Rafale. May she finally find rest.
[/b]

Well. You all know what this means don't you...

koolkevz666 fucked around with this message at 13:17 on May 14, 2017

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

Quinntan posted:

Will we be able to hire Zack for the last mission?

Negative. We're going into this with lone Recon dude and his binoculars.

On the plus side Kuito and Huambo are up and running. Dudes with one shovel are doing awesome work.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

We can't do enough damage against the Free State in one mission that they'll become insignificant, and by trying we risk ending up with the dictator still in control of a rump state including the capital. The way to go I think is to roll out a red carpet to the capital for our troops, and edging out the Free State by being in control of the capital and being the guys who disposed of the dictator.

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!
Shadowban remains viable. It only requires two soft targets down - one Gripen could do it.

Once the bridge is down, we flip the Mercs - 50 mil might be enough. Suddenly we surround the capital. A dagger thrust on coastal highway 100 should get us into the capital.

If you're really that worried about China we can exfil through Botswana and South Africa, shake Elon's robot hand on the way out.

Added Space fucked around with this message at 14:44 on May 14, 2017

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

aphid_licker posted:

We can't do enough damage against the Free State in one mission that they'll become insignificant, and by trying we risk ending up with the dictator still in control of a rump state including the capital. The way to go I think is to roll out a red carpet to the capital for our troops, and edging out the Free State by being in control of the capital and being the guys who disposed of the dictator.

Agreed. We have to go hard to finish this before they do.

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!

Added Space posted:

Shadowban remains viable. It only requires two soft targets down - one Gripen could do it.

Once the bridge is down, we flip the Mercs - 50 mil might be enough. Suddenly we surround the capital. A dagger thrust on coastal highway 100 should get us into the capital.

If you're really that worried about China we can exfil through Botswana and South Africa, shake Elon's robot hand on the way out.

This. It's our best shot at crippling the Free State's drive on Luanda.

power crystals
Jun 6, 2007

Who wants a belly rub??

On top of that, there's a very real risk that the airspace over Luanda turns into an unholy 6-way furball between us, De Santos, the Free State, Apple, Tesla, and the Chinese. Whatever we do has to be in and out fast before everybody else decides to join in and there's AMRAAMs and PL15s flying everywhere.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Shadowbanning the Free State makes it pretty much a given that we can beat them to Luanda as long as we can also clear the coastal approach. Maybe we even get real lucky and can push them back north enough to get the last lithium mine under our control. If we hold the capital and every single lithium mine they've got basically nothing to negotiate with. Alternatively, we seriously gently caress up the lithium mine if we can't take it to achieve roughly the same outcome, but that would not play well with the Corporate Overlords.

David Corbett
Feb 6, 2008

Courage, my friends; 'tis not too late to build a better world.

Crazycryodude posted:

Shadowbanning the Free State makes it pretty much a given that we can beat them to Luanda as long as we can also clear the coastal approach. Maybe we even get real lucky and can push them back north enough to get the last lithium mine under our control. If we hold the capital and every single lithium mine they've got basically nothing to negotiate with. Alternatively, we seriously gently caress up the lithium mine if we can't take it to achieve roughly the same outcome, but that would not play well with the Corporate Overlords.

Yes, it is clear that we needed to be more aggressive with the Free State and in so doing open up the flanks. We should absolutely shadowban them.

There's still no point in taking out the bridge. It's their communications system that we need to eliminate. Reducing the number of targets gives us a better opportunity to saturate their air defenses with cruise missiles.

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?

David Corbett posted:

Yes, it is clear that we needed to be more aggressive with the Free State and in so doing open up the flanks. We should absolutely shadowban them.

There's still no point in taking out the bridge. It's their communications system that we need to eliminate. Reducing the number of targets gives us a better opportunity to saturate their air defenses with cruise missiles.

I prefer this idea.

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!
The plan I'm going to write is going to include Chinese Fire Drill , going burners and RTB as soon as we see a contact over the ocean.

The bridge is wired to be part of the communication system.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Can we coordinate with Musk to get the dictator hit hard in Luanda to free us up for CAS?

Now's the time for gripens toting SDBs to kill everything.

Toss in a shadowban and we should be in great shape.

power crystals
Jun 6, 2007

Who wants a belly rub??

Added Space posted:

The bridge is wired to be part of the communication system.

It can't be the only part. Find whatever terminal it ends in on the north side and flatten that instead, but leave the bridge standing.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

xthetenth posted:

Can we coordinate with Musk to get the dictator hit hard in Luanda to free us up for CAS?

lmao that this sentence makes perfect sense in context

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

I see that the only units (visible to us) holding the bridges into Luanda from our side are the Bulgarian armor. They've been severely depleted and must be able to see the writing on the wall, maybe we can work something out that doesn't involve them dying pointlessly to a rain of SDB's?

power crystals
Jun 6, 2007

Who wants a belly rub??

Crazycryodude posted:

I see that the only units (visible to us) holding the bridges into Luanda from our side are the Bulgarian armor. They've been severely depleted and must be able to see the writing on the wall, maybe we can work something out that doesn't involve them dying pointlessly to a rain of SDB's?

It's a shame we didn't have one of the cargo planes up last time dropping propaganda leaflets. A little late for that now :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

power crystals posted:

It's a shame we didn't have one of the cargo planes up last time dropping propaganda leaflets. A little late for that now :v:

CBJamo flies it now. Of course no one put it in a plan either.