Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

We badly need to replace the ones we lost, at least. Getting back to a core of 8 high ends and then whatever else we can/want to pick up should be good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quinntan
Sep 11, 2013
We already have eight high end CAP aircraft. We have 4 Gripens and 4 F-16s

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!
No, we have 4 high end CAP planes. The AIM-120C is the baseline here.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009
Yeah, those Falcons aren't high-end anything. And you don't want your CAP aircraft to also be your only platform for anything else (Gripens and their SDBs). What we need is a half-dozen to a dozen dedicated CAP aircraft, and about the only thing that matches that are F-15Cs (there's 4x 2016 DB entries on Baloogan because of different radars) and their AMRAAM-D's.

Anta
Mar 5, 2007

What a nice day for a gassing
That went a lot better than it could have!

All that Mamba worrying for nothing! At least we might be able to grab some of the remains of that Mamba battery if we're quick.

e: and the Chinese anti-ship missiles! The best way to piss the Chinese off even more.

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

I enjoyed those audio clips inserted into the stream, and the helicopter insertion and infantry assault is cool. I'm too impatient to fiddle with infantry usually.

Quinntan
Sep 11, 2013

Dance Officer posted:

No, we have 4 high end CAP planes. The AIM-120C is the baseline here.

The 120C performs very well in comparison to everything that isn't the meteor and 120D. I would not dismiss it as a mere baseline.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

glynnenstein posted:

I enjoyed those audio clips inserted into the stream, and the helicopter insertion and infantry assault is cool. I'm too impatient to fiddle with infantry usually.

Tyvm, I did them, so I'm glad Cobbie made it through!

I am guessing if no helis made it down it would have been curtains for our romantically unfortunate auskiwi mercenary.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Quinntan posted:

The 120C performs very well in comparison to everything that isn't the meteor and 120D. I would not dismiss it as a mere baseline.

I think the idea here is that it performs well enough and it and its performance level is common enough that you really don't want to be showing up to a fight with less, not that it's not good.

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

Coffeehitler posted:

What we need is a half-dozen to a dozen dedicated CAP aircraft,

Dedicated tactical planes in a force our size is silly.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!

Dance Officer posted:

I think he means we want to look for something with very strong air-to-air credentials, and we don't need to worry too much about air to ground because we have a ton of other assets for that.

Also WRT History Maker: :aaaaa: Why did I watch that live?! I shouldn't watch this stuff live, I get all panicky and self-doubty!

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?
I hope I managed to eject in time.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Davin Valkri posted:

I think he means we want to look for something with very strong air-to-air credentials, and we don't need to worry too much about air to ground because we have a ton of other assets for that.

Also WRT History Maker: :aaaaa: Why did I watch that live?! I shouldn't watch this stuff live, I get all panicky and self-doubty!

As several people said in the discord after the mission, the plan was good, great even. All plans, no matter how well formed, when applied to the execution phase find that something falls apart. Think of it like a die-roll, you can get all the + whatever modifiers so that the die roll is a formality and still roll a critical failure. All you can do after the formation of a plan is to limit the losses.

The only real disaster that was averted by pure chance is the Frogfoots out of Gambell going after the Hips, if that had happened then Cobie and co would be dead instead of on Saint Lawrence Island.

Dance Officer posted:

Good to know we can get rid of the Tornadoes. With our usual CAP platforms (a multi-role aircraft) now limited, and the possibility of the limited use method that Yooper is using continuing, we need to find a solution to our on-going CAP limitations. 8 Multi-Role fighters is not going to be tenable. We are going to lose more and that degradation of capability will not be tenable if we lose much more of either of those airframes. So a solution is a dedicated Air Superiority platform in enough numbers that we can use them every mission with possible back-up by multi-role platforms.

Granted, I would prefer getting that number of either Legacy Bugs or Super Bugs, but Eagles are probably the best solution for a dedicated Air Superiority platform for our needs. This is of course barring a deal on either Gripens or Bugs. If I had a choice of Eagles, it would be some form of modern C model, E's (preferably with the "Macross" upgrades so they can carry 16 AMRAAM-D's) or one of the export E variants.

power crystals
Jun 6, 2007

Who wants a belly rub??

Coffeehitler posted:

As several people said in the discord after the mission, the plan was good, great even. All plans, no matter how well formed, when applied to the execution phase find that something falls apart. Think of it like a die-roll, you can get all the + whatever modifiers so that the die roll is a formality and still roll a critical failure. All you can do after the formation of a plan is to limit the losses.

The only real disaster that was averted by pure chance is the Frogfoots out of Gambell going after the Hips, if that had happened then Cobie and co would be dead instead of on Saint Lawrence Island.

Even putting aside personal biases I still believe sending in the Reaper at low altitude to laze for the A-11s was a severe unforced error, doubly so if as stated they only had LGBs instead of the intended JDAMs due to a ground crew mixup loading the wrong weapons. Trading a one of a kind and potentially irreplaceable aircraft like that for a few small bomb drops is not a good exchange. That thing was on par with the S100B for utility in some situations. We're going to have a much harder time spotting ground targets now and it's not clear if a replacement Reaper of the same model will even be available. We'll survive, but that was a mistake we can ill-afford to make again.

I should also note that this wasn't even in the original plan, it was a last second decision to correct for the LGBs' release altitude being too high to see through the clouds. Next time we'll have to do what we should have done this time, work laser bombers in pairs and trade off the low-flying lazing pilot with the higher-flying bombing one.

HereticMIND
Nov 4, 2012

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/166tO-wQ--plA6rCIn6jWC_le24dRaW-Ga9nt9q8Lmyo/edit?usp=sharing

Wishlist is up and running! Please, add your desired aircraft to it. It's pretty bare. Right now, there's only two or three sheets with stuff on them: the Table of Contents, the CAP list, and the Misc./Drone list. Please, change this. I want to see this list filled to bursting, y'hear?

Now, to explain the color-coding. It's so that others/Yooper can find what they're looking for easily. Future sheet titles added to the wishlist SHOULD follow the color coding provided on the TOC. It's for everyone's sanity, you see.

In any case, please do enjoy and debate away!

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

Coffeehitler posted:

With our usual CAP platforms (a multi-role aircraft) now limited, and the possibility of the limited use method that Yooper is using continuing, we need to find a solution to our on-going CAP limitations. 8 Multi-Role fighters is not going to be tenable. We are going to lose more and that degradation of capability will not be tenable if we lose much more of either of those airframes. So a solution is a dedicated Air Superiority platform in enough numbers that we can use them every mission with possible back-up by multi-role platforms.

We could also just have multi-role planes going about their business without needing a dedicated CAP. Like our F-16s.

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?

Dance Officer posted:

We could also just have multi-role planes going about their business without needing a dedicated CAP. Like our F-16s.

And when a coordinated strike of dedicated CAP birds hits our Multiroles and we don't have enough A2A to remove them? And when our mudmovers don't have enough bombs to make the final push for our infantry because of those AMRAAMs are taking up pylon space? Imagine how differently Angola would have been without Rohan and Silent Bob kicking twelve kinds of Chinese rear end, our base AA took ages just to take down one plane that got close enough to bomb.

Everything we do starts with, and depends on our CAP.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

power crystals posted:

Even putting aside personal biases I still believe sending in the Reaper at low altitude to laze for the A-11s was a severe unforced error, doubly so if as stated they only had LGBs instead of the intended JDAMs due to a ground crew mixup loading the wrong weapons. Trading a one of a kind and potentially irreplaceable aircraft like that for a few small bomb drops is not a good exchange. That thing was on par with the S100B for utility in some situations. We're going to have a much harder time spotting ground targets now and it's not clear if a replacement Reaper of the same model will even be available. We'll survive, but that was a mistake we can ill-afford to make again.

I should also note that this wasn't even in the original plan, it was a last second decision to correct for the LGBs' release altitude being too high to see through the clouds. Next time we'll have to do what we should have done this time, work laser bombers in pairs and trade off the low-flying lazing pilot with the higher-flying bombing one.

Fully agreed and seconded.

Coiler121
May 26, 2017
Honestly, for procurement, I'm taking a wait and see approach. Namely, waiting to see how much more we lose in this Arctic campaign.

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

Groggy nard posted:

And when a coordinated strike of dedicated CAP birds hits our Multiroles and we don't have enough A2A to remove them? And when our mudmovers don't have enough bombs to make the final push for our infantry because of those AMRAAMs are taking up pylon space? Imagine how differently Angola would have been without Rohan and Silent Bob kicking twelve kinds of Chinese rear end, our base AA took ages just to take down one plane that got close enough to bomb.

Everything we do starts with, and depends on our CAP.

Have you even seen plane loadouts? Every plane that I've come across with the exception of the Rafale reduces A2A capabilities to 2 heaters and 2 BVRs for ground attack loadouts.

Same thing with our multi roles. What if our multi roles had actually decent A2A capabilities? Why would a force with preferably 20+ AIM-120C's between them not be capable of seeing off everything smaller than a massed attack?

(also, our AA would have done just fine against all of the ground attack planes launched back In Angola. It was only a MiG-29 Fulcrum they had trouble dealing with, and that's a way modern plane than the MIM-hawk we have)

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

I'm going to skip the spoiler tags for this one. It's been almost twenty four hours, you guys can handle it.

We're going to work something out in regards to our MQ-9. Through a comedy of errors I inadvertently selected Paveways instead of JDAMS.

This led me to drive our very expensive and fragile Reaper into the waiting arms of a Crotale NG while trying to lase targets. On top of that this potentially led to a few of our MI-8's getting (possibly) whacked. On the plus side we have boots on the ground. On the down side we're down a drone. We'll figure out something to replace the Reaper. Had it been lost in the normal course of operations, oh well, that's how it goes, but I feel this one is my fault.

We lost a Tornado and a Phantom. Though through it all we definitely came out ahead. At the moment Canada Express is hurting and is unlikely to directly challenge us in the air. They have assets on the east end of the island that are now operating without air cover.

But, we have a bigger problem Hired Goons.

Mitsuhashi got funky. The old people with traffic cones are gone, the six sigma reps have departed, and that nice fancy efficiency bonus has not showed up in our bank account. Jack Abramof, our Lobbyist, is getting tidbits of info that Mitsuhashi has been purchased by none other than Midori Hasegawa and SMARF.

You see where this is going right? I can't confirm it yet but it's looking like we're about to be double-crossed by our employers.

:negative:

Next priority will be to support Cobbie's push inland, find the nuke, and get the hell out of Provd before SMARF nails us on the ground. We've reached out to both BSNC and Iceberg but I think we're going to have to fight our way onto the ground. That nice fat end of theater payout is now dependent on us finding that nuclear weapon. I don't know when the brawl is going to happen, but we've got some bad blood between us and SMARF.

We're going into an intermission. I've got some work trips to do and a family vacation coming up. We'll have plenty of time to brainstorm ideas for how to handle our impending mission, so feel free to toss out ideas.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Told y'all we shoulda helped Julie :colbert:

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Where do the Dunks sit?

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Welp, the soulless megacorp's internal politics have betrayed us, as foreseen.

Time to make the best we can out of this mess. Who's even paying our destructobux at this point?

Nick Esasky
Nov 10, 2009
i'm getting the distinct feeling we should Reach Out To The Russians immediately, and possibly even give them some of the Important Intel in exchange for them doing something to prevent SMARF from loving us.

also, STASH COPIES OF THAT NUKE INFO loving EVERYWHERE. If SMARF does gently caress us, they/Hasegawa go down with us.

Quinntan
Sep 11, 2013
Seeing as they're stiffing us on the efficiency bonus, wouldn't that count as a breach of contract? Time to get the gently caress outta here either way.

And on the way out, we give our intel to every news agency we can think of and watch the Chinese and Russians race to gently caress Mitsuhashi over.

Quinntan fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Jul 13, 2017

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

Night10194 posted:

Time to make the best we can out of this mess. Who's even paying our destructobux at this point?

Escrow.

koolkevz666
Aug 22, 2015
Do we know where SMARF are currently based out of and can we hit them preemptively?

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

*shakes my fist in the general direction of Japan while awaiting SAR*

Dr. Snark
Oct 15, 2012

I'M SORRY, OK!? I admit I've made some mistakes, and Jones has clearly paid for them.
But ma'am! Jones' only crime was looking at the wrong files!
I beg of you, don't ship away Jones, he has a wife and kids!

-United Nations Intelligence Service

Question for Yooper: Will the next mission involve evacuating our assets along with running CAS for Cobbie or is something different going to happen?

I'm only asking because TBH running a mass evacuation of assets seems like an interesting premise for a mission.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Keep the nuke so we can blast our employer to hell. It's the only way.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!

Taintrunner posted:

Keep the nuke so we can blast our employer to hell. It's the only way.

We do that and we kiss our end of campaign payout goodbye.

Also I feel that this will require two, or even three phases to resolve:

Phase 2: Now that Cobbie is on the ground, he needs to find the drat nuke. Protect his unit from Iceburg AFVs and Blue Star CAS aircraft while he hijacks some diggers and gets to digging!

Phase 3: Cobbie has the nuke, but between the weight of the warhead and his dead/wounded, along with insurance payouts from the Hips, he can't be flown out by helicopter. Secure Gambell or Savoonga without destroying their runways, land the CASA and Herc for a pickup, and fly them to Midway Island. Watch out for SMARF!

Phase 4?: Now everybody needs to run!

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

Dr. Snark posted:

Question for Yooper: Will the next mission involve evacuating our assets along with running CAS for Cobbie or is something different going to happen?

I'm only asking because TBH running a mass evacuation of assets seems like an interesting premise for a mission.

Maybe? At some point it's gonna go south like a Jason Bourne movie. Or maybe like Ronin. You get the idea. For the time being if we behave like proper PMC's then Mitsuhashi-SMARF-Hasegawa will keep our leash tight. But once we go off the reservation then we might have problems. Say, once we find the nuke, or once we focus on something that's not what they want. Jack expects them to attempt to bleed us before coming in for the finishing move.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Davin Valkri posted:

We do that and we kiss our end of campaign payout goodbye.

After we get the money, of course. Duuuuh!

HereticMIND
Nov 4, 2012

Hey, so...about that fancy bote we want...can we start salvaging it now? Because I highly doubt we'll be able/allowed to come back because Canada, Russia, and/or the US will have our number...and all it takes is one itchy General or one bored service-member to cause everything to go pear shaped.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Rough consensus in the Discord is that we should be ready to bug out on a moment's notice, probably to Midway (other options include Canada if you don't mind flying right through Iceberg and Norway if K&P can meet us with some gas over the Arctic).

Like Yooper said, I'm sure things will stay mostly sane until the sunshine gets dug up or Mitsu decides they no longer need us. And then things will get hairy fast, and we'll have to boogie with like 20 minutes notice. I know Space Case is now keeping his stuff in the C-130, at least.

power crystals
Jun 6, 2007

Who wants a belly rub??

I'd mostly finished this before Yooper's update talking about the Reaper loss being somewhat of an error but... that's metagame knowledge that MEAT wouldn't have anyway so I think I'm good. And you all knew I wasn't going to let the Reaper getting shot down go by without one of these, right? :v:

quote:

You see a lot of death in war. You don’t often see your own.

It was cold and rainy that Thursday in September when MEAT guided his drone into the air to help clear the area for an airborne landing onto Saint Lawrence Island. He’d gotten hang of manual takeoff and landing on this runway that still hadn’t bothered to install any of the equipment the Reaper needed to do it automatically. It was a challenge at first, but now he could almost do it in his sleep. The Reaper handled it with a grace that was lost on the pilots of the bigger, faster, louder jets.

The operation started out seeming innocent enough—a brief furball in the north then led to Beguiler and Nurse punching out as their Phantom was destroyed by a hostile Hornet. The aging airframes that had served so well in Angola were now showing weakness against aircraft an entire generation younger. Pilot skill only got you so far when your opponents’ missiles were longer-ranged and more maneuverable than yours. Beguiler and Nurse had given it their best, but it wasn't enough. Search and Rescue was already racing to recover them before the icy embrace of the Bering Strait—now in winter—overcame the two pilots.

Still, it wasn’t long before air superiority was achieved and the ground assault began. The rain and cloud cover meant that the Reaper’s optics couldn’t get a clear sight to the ground from cruising altitude, but they worked just fine on things in the air and could still detect the rocket motors firing from missile launches. MEAT had found a strange satisfaction in spotting these launches. His craft may have never been sent up with weapons, but he could contribute to the battle all the same, spotting threats long before a pilot could see them with their own eyes. Eventually, frustrated with the poor visibility, command ordered him to take the Reaper down to five thousand feet. Safely off the coast, MEAT reduced altitude in a lazy circle. Even down here the Gorgon Stare system’s cameras couldn’t see much in the rain, but they were still proving their worth all the same.

As he moved closer he heard command give the order for one of the Tornadoes, piloted by Berserker, to drop below the cloud cover to spot targets just as he had, only they were already over land. It was only a few minutes before a previously unseen Roland battery locked onto Berserker, forcing him and his copilot Spaceman to eject as the Tornado was destroyed. While the opposing radars has been taken out of commission, they still had visual and infra-red guidance options for their missiles. Visibility worked both ways, after all.

“MEAT, control, proceed inland to laze targets.”

“Control, MEAT, confirm last.” They wanted him to do what? Surely they knew there probably other SAMs remaining active? The Reaper wasn’t going to dodge much of anything made this side of the Treaty of Versailles.

“MEAT, control, I say again, proceed inland to laze targets. Aircraft employing Paveways cannot designate own targets from their minimum release altitude due to cloud cover.”

“Control, MEAT, understood.” Understood in the sense of he knew what they wanted him to do. Not why. Maybe he should have protested more. But he trusted them. They knew what they were doing. They had to.

Dutifully, he accelerated the Reaper to full military thrust and proceeded towards the target area. Spotting the missile battery that command wanted destroyed, he locked the laser onto it and hit the appropriate switch to fire. A few seconds later he heard one of the A-11 pilots call weapons release, and not long after that an explosion lit up his indicated target. MEAT never could quite get the hang of this part of his job. As he adjusted the laser to the next target, he thought of the people he was silently condemning to death. Hostile soldiers in war, yes, but the whole thing was so incredibly impersonal. A second explosion, a third target. Nobody had bothered to build drone surface-to-air weapons yet. What gave him the right to strike them with such impunity? A third explosion lit up the target area.

As he was acquiring his fourth and final target the console lit up the missile launch warning alert he’d seen so many times. But this time as he looked at the missile in the camera, he could only see its nose.

“Control, MEAT, inbound missile on self. Cannot evade.”

He tried, anyway, swinging the Reaper hard to one side, but it was a hopeless endeavor, an elephant attempting to escape a wasp. Only moments later the camera feeds froze and the console switched to displaying only a haunting “Connection Lost” message. His Reaper, his Silver, had been shot down by a Roland, leaving him with the immediate realization that he was more alone in the trailer than ever before. MEAT suddenly realized he was grabbing at the base of his chair, as if reaching for the ejection handles he’d always imagined himself having. The whole thing was still a challenge to process. Slowly he relaxed and sat back. The drone was destroyed, yes, but he was okay. He was okay.

MEAT stood up, attempting to bring himself back to reality. He looked across the room at the model F/A-18C his older sister had given him when he was a teenager, still in the plastic display case he had bought before he departed his native Sioux Falls to head for Cairo. Its RCAF livery was a bit awkward given their opponents in this theater were flying that very aircraft, but when he looked at it he had always seen himself flying that Hornet. Behind it was the Phantom Ray poster that had in defiance of all that seemed reasonable arrived in his mailbox here in Provideniya (he'd assumed his employers' CIA contacts had something to do with that), providing a contrast of who he’d imagined that he’d be and who he was, the fighter pilot and the drone jockey.

Seeing the juxtaposition of the two aircraft, side by side, he was struck with the sharpest realization of the past and future duality they presented. Both of himself, and of war in general. Who would want to go up in one of these planes and risk being flung into a lethally cold ocean when they could fight from the comforts of a desk chair? The more he thought about it, the more convinced he became of this. Beguiler and Nurse were being frantically fished out of the ocean, and Berserker and Spaceman went down over enemy territory and by all reasonable assumptions were hiding in a ditch waiting for the Australians to get to them. Those guys were in mortal danger. But MEAT? He could go walk down to the base proper and go have a drink with one of the other non-active-duty pilots on the roster. He’d been wrong in Angola. He wasn’t an rear end in a top hat. He was the only sane one.

MEAT opened the door to the trailer and stepped outside. It was still miserable outside, the weather not quite yet at a level to induce suicidal depression but still night and day from his years spent in Africa. It was cold, it was dark, it was raining, it was windy. He’d always found the rain soothing, though. As he stood on the trailer’s single stair step he realized nobody else was out here with him, the rest certainly seeking shelter from the storm. They were probably right, but in this moment, he was willing to be wrong.

The Meat Locker. The sign was leaning in the wind, but it was still standing. He’d put it down in Angola to claim his small piece of this operation, but its time seemed past. He was just as healthy as when he started the operation that morning, not a single bit of ejection-related spinal compression to worry about, but he had no idea when he was going to get reassigned another aircraft, especially since he was incapable of handling anything that could produce high gee-forces. He’d kept that one a secret from his compatriots ever since he’d been hired, but if they asked him to climb into an F-16, he might have to explain it then. Maybe it’d be better to get that over with sooner, lest the rest of the pilots refuse to have anything to do with him when they found out the hard way.

As he straightened the sign he thought of his departure from Benguela, the quartermaster waving goodbye as her short black hair was blown around in the Reaper’s prop wash. He wasn’t alone. He’d never really been alone. He’d just been too blind to realize how many friends he’d made. The other pilots would be just as happy to see him as they always were. MEAT straightened the sign and headed back inside, both satisfied in his philosophical awakening and also now absolutely soaked to the bone in the freezing September rain.

Seeing the cameras’ last recorded image still frozen on the screens, he was struck by an idea. Some brief fiddling with the drone’s control station, an entirely non-OPSEC use of a consumer flash drive, and a copy of Photoshop, and he had himself a banner to hang on the other end of the trailer, opposing the Phantom Ray. MEAT sent a print request to the base’s administrative center and ran off to retrieve it, this time remembering to put a jacket on over his admittedly already water-logged shirt. It was a chore to get there in this weather but not terribly far, approximately two hundred yards. As he walked in he waved to the poor secretary that was manning the reception area and walked over to the large-format printer marked “FOR OFFICIAL USE ONLY”. Well, he was official, at least for the next few hours until command got around to realizing that his aircraft had been destroyed and this meant a reduction in authority. MEAT keyed in his passcode and hit print.

A minute later he held the poster in his hands. It was dominated by a single massive image of a Roland missile a few milliseconds before detonation, an image of what could have, should have, been his death. A truer and more immediate threat you would be hard-pressed to find. But more importantly, at the bottom, below the freeze-frame of the weapon that had ended the Reaper's career, he had added his own personal statement:

“I Survived”.

With season two of Days of our MEAT abruptly cancelled, is this the end of our hero?

Of course not, the dude's basically got the safest job in the theater. It just might take a while for him to get back into rotation.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Oh very nice :D :golfclap:

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

If I was better with Photoshop I'd take a crack at making that poster glances meaningfully at less useless people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

nice piece :)