Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
And I'm caught up, just in time. Here goes nothing! :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

can someone link me the plan we're running?

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

sebmojo posted:

can someone link me the plan we're running?

Going live in approximately 12 hours.

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

Streams are up! Going live in about 15 minutes or so.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9L7B-5z-qF0

https://www.twitch.tv/hiredgoons_pmc

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Yooper posted:

Streams are up! Going live in about 15 minutes or so.

Awww yeah, been waiting all day . . . where's my bottle opener . . .

David Corbett
Feb 6, 2008

Courage, my friends; 'tis not too late to build a better world.
Blood already!

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
We're getting hosed up bad, aren't we

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat
trying to follow along at work but customers keep coming in :rolleyes:

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?
Thanks @Yooper, that was fun, looking forward to seeing the Butcher's Bill and the debrief.

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

Taintrunner posted:

We're getting hosed up bad, aren't we

More than you could possibly imagine

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!

Dreamsicle posted:

More than you could possibly imagine

Could that mission have been less bloody? Sure. All missions could. But we only sent up half or less of our strength--the other half was stood down due to participation in Operation History Maker. Meanwhile, we've managed to take literally a full squadron of F-15Ks and F-15DJs coming at us while we were on air-to-ground focus mode, and we came out standing.

power crystals
Jun 6, 2007

Who wants a belly rub??

Davin Valkri posted:

Could that mission have been less bloody? Sure. All missions could. But we only sent up half or less of our strength--the other half was stood down due to participation in Operation History Maker. Meanwhile, we've managed to take literally a full squadron of F-15Ks and F-15DJs coming at us while we were on air-to-ground focus mode, and we came out standing.

Yes.

It's a drat good thing that SAM fired at the S100B missed or that would have been an actual catastrophe.

Also, petition to reassign the traitorous Zakalwe and Red Comet to the C-130 for the inevitable Credible Sport 2: Credible Harder segment of whatever plan we choose for the next mission.

HereticMIND
Nov 4, 2012

power crystals posted:

Also, petition to reassign the traitorous Zakalwe and Red Comet to the C-130 for the inevitable Credible Sport 2: Credible Harder segment of whatever plan we choose for the next mission.

You're just mad that my plan worked without a hitch!

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

Davin Valkri posted:

Based on the chat only half was supposed to attack us. Would that hurt us in the long run?

Realbarrow
Dec 5, 2013

power crystals posted:

Seconded.

Also, with regards to this mission: :supaburn:

Tythas
Oct 3, 2013

Never felt at home in reality
Always hiding behind avatars

Realbarrow posted:

Seconded.

I'll have you know we didn't do anything Traitorous or against our orders we weren't even on the mission billet

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Realbarrow posted:

Seconded.

Third. Its all fun and games in the air until the bill needs to be paid back at base. :ocelot: :)

Realbarrow
Dec 5, 2013

Tythas posted:

I'll have you know we didn't do anything Traitorous or against our orders we weren't even on the mission billet

I just want the right men on the job for when we need to land a C-130 in a snowstorm and collect a nuke while under fire. :v:

Tythas
Oct 3, 2013

CourValant posted:

Third. Its all fun and games in the air until the bill needs to be paid back at base. :ocelot: :)

Then take it out of my pay and Go Dance with the Angels

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Tythas posted:

Then take it out of my pay and Go Dance with the Angels

Just joshing around friend, having a spot of fun, taking the piss out as it were! :)

Been meaning to ask, what is this Angels Tax I keep hearing about, regarding that Ace Combat thread?

orcbuster
May 17, 2017

drat, missed it :(

Tythas
Oct 3, 2013

CourValant posted:

Been meaning to ask, what is this Angels Tax I keep hearing about, regarding that Ace Combat thread?
In the Ace Combat 6 Let's Play being done by Nine-gear Crow he talked with the mods and made the phrase "Go Dance with the Angels" or any variation of that a probate able offense for 6 hours and called it the Angel Tax

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

orcbuster posted:

drat, missed it :(

Same, and as usual it sounds like it was a blast.:(

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Man sounds like this was a really bad mission to lose internet halfway through. Sorry I missed the second half, sounds like that's when all the fun poo poo happened.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Crazycryodude posted:

Man sounds like this was a really bad mission to lose internet halfway through. Sorry I missed the second half, sounds like that's when all the fun poo poo happened.

Buddy, is that why you went silent in the second half!?! Don't want to give spoilers, let's just say Yooper wasn't kidding when he said there would be Blood!

omegasgundam
Mar 30, 2010

CourValant posted:

Buddy, is that why you went silent in the second half!?! Don't want to give spoilers, let's just say Yooper wasn't kidding when he said there would be Blood!

And incompetence. Don't forget the incompetence. This is Yooper after all.

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

Operation Poor Life Choices

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9L7B-5z-qF0

Spoiler Tags to follow.

Summary

Losses

1 - JAS-39C
1 - F-4E
1 - Mirage F.1CR
2 - Kfir C.10
1 - Tornado
2 - F16 GRK
1 - Mig-23BN
1 - Mig-23ML
1 - Mig-21BIS
1 - SU-15TM

There's a certain moment when the tide of battle changes. Where everything makes a pivot. A turn. A sudden and irreversible slide into violence. Because oh yes, we had violence. To start it off the remnants of Blue Star took off from both Gambell and Savoonga and wiped out our wing of MI-8's. Then while trying to warcrime an airfield we lost one of our sov-crap planes. Cobbie moved along his route south of Savoonga and didn't encounter much trouble. On top of that we took out three of the SSM's on the coast. Oh and don't forget Zakalwe-Red Comet's F-4E went rogue and buzzed the Beijing Ducks 787 after smashing there own radio...

Cobbie fired on a pack of rabid hippies wearing Birkenstocks, tie-dye, and level 3 radiation burns. They'd been holed up inside of a septic dumpster, except instead of being filled with sewage it was filled with hippies. They had originally taken shelter when the BSNC swooped in but grew paranoid as the days wore on. Then one by one those who were set to guard the nuke died of radiation sickness. Of the few that are left it's doubtful any will live long. The last they knew Midori Hasegawa was going to swoop in and rescue them.

Except we happened.

This is where things start to get foggy. Our comms were breached by SMARF and once word came that we'd secured the nuke they launched a full flight (12) of F-15's and (4) F-2A's. Except, as near as we can gather, Smarf wasn't informed what the package was. And once they learned of the mission half of SMARF fired on the other half of SMARF. We picked up bits and pieces of the comms arguments that raged as they flew over the AOO. On one side seemed intent on preventing another Hiroshima while the other saw it as a chance for SMARF to gain new glory and satisfy a new paymaster. Then we lost the radar feed from Mitsuhashi.

One side, Mitsu, fired on the other, Hashi. Hashi also fired on us. And here's where things got weird. One of our missiles, in the radar blackout, locked onto a Mitsu F-15 (who weren't firing at us) but once it was hit then they all fired on us. 16 cutting edge Japanese and Korean F-15's and F-2A's all against us. It was a three way stand-off. And yes, there was blood. We saw dogfights, we saw up close dives into the ocean, we saw damage to planes who limped home. We saw cockpits breached by fuel explosions. At least one F-2A survived long enough to fire on our S-100B who barely managed to evade certain death.

We even had a naval loving bombardment.

From an OOC standpoint it was much bloodier than expected. In all of my testing I'd never had one of our Meteors lock onto a radar-shadowed plane. It was intense even for me. In hindsight Clara-Toppers' F-4E had an improper loadout and I probably shouldn't have steered the Mig-23 so close to try and warcrime some poo poo. Oh well, in the big scheme of things it didn't matter. For a bit we had some planes that didn't want to fire, but once we were on it then it was easy enough to manually fire.

Herbert Kornfeld got in touch with Jack, our man in Washington, Abramof and they hired one of the lawyers who got that dogfighting football player off.

Seems our bonus contract is all in escrow through a German subsidiary of ALDI. So cha-ching mother fuckers, we got our bonus money. The Mitsuhashi lawyers are throwing a conniption fit but gently caress'em. Seems having friends in the EU is paying off.

So now we have a problem. The Redneck flotilla is coming. The Russians are coming. And we've got to offload that nuke and get it the gently caress out of St. Lawrence.

I'm out of town for a conference next week, but let's keep this rolling.

We've got a nuclear weapon now Hired Goons. It's not functional and it smells like patchouli. But it will be functional.

Back to you!

Yooper fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Sep 17, 2017

HereticMIND
Nov 4, 2012

Our radio was smashed BEFORE we left the airfield, I'll have you know!

Clearly our plane was sabotaged by some nefarious third party who wanted to sow confusion in our ranks!

orcbuster
May 17, 2017

Now I might be forgetting something, but can we determine who made this badboy now that we have it? or was that already established?

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!

orcbuster posted:

Now I might be forgetting something, but can we determine who made this badboy now that we have it? or was that already established?

It's ex-Soviet SSBN. K-219, I think.

Also...just...wow. SMARF is off the table in a blaze of glory. Just like that.

Do we have a list of what aircraft are available for the next phase? I just want to be sure I have all the assets for Operation Ultima Weapon and am not overcounting.

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

Davin Valkri posted:

It's ex-Soviet SSBN. K-219, I think.

Also...just...wow. SMARF is off the table in a blaze of glory. Just like that.

Do we have a list of what aircraft are available for the next phase? I just want to be sure I have all the assets for Operation Ultima Weapon and am not overcounting.

Correct. K-219 recovered and reworked by Mitsuhashi.

I've not done anything as far as packages in the next procurement phase.

Also the device has been committed to the IAEA. We just have to get it out...

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?
That mission payout and expenditures is unbelievable, how is this even possible?

Is the price difference between the cutting edge and our inventory really that great? I suppose so.

Between the net profit this mission and the nuke 'ransom', HG really can upgrade to the next evolution.

All we have to do is complete phase 3.

Davin Valkri posted:

Waiting on the update for this listing; my thoughts, since the Bering Straights just turned Deadly Ground on us, with the Russians and and RedNecks are closing in, time for a fighting retreat.

Also, ALDI had our money all along? Heh, did they toss in some sauerkraut and sausages with the payment?

Dr. Snark
Oct 15, 2012

I'M SORRY, OK!? I admit I've made some mistakes, and Jones has clearly paid for them.
But ma'am! Jones' only crime was looking at the wrong files!
I beg of you, don't ship away Jones, he has a wife and kids!

-United Nations Intelligence Service

CourValant posted:

That mission payout and expenditures is unbelievable, how is this even possible?

Is the price difference between the cutting edge and our inventory really that great? I suppose so.

Between the net profit this mission and the nuke 'ransom', HG really can upgrade to the next evolution.

All we have to do is complete phase 3.

Yeaaaah, I was expecting...well nothing, but seeing half a billion in the bank makes me feel much more optimistic about everything. Also wiping out SMARF. gently caress those guys.

All we gotta do is get the nuke out and survive.

Easier said than done, that's for drat sure...

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
I still don't have much of a dog in this fight until I get put in a bomber. Cool that we got the nuke, though.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Mycroft Holmes posted:

I still don't have much of a dog in this fight until I get put in a bomber. Cool that we got the nuke, though.

So, yeah, about that bomber. Maybe we can all 'pilot' it together? :)

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

Well, I got taken out of action, since I already wrote a book after the fact I'll need to find a way to survive

I'll wait till after the operation is over to write something up.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

CourValant posted:

Yeah, Irma's detritus still has power and internet intermittent where I am down here. And holy poo poo was that bad timing :catstare:

See what happens when I'm not around? I walk away for 2 hours and you guys go and kill an entire air force. smdh

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Crazycryodude posted:

See what happens when I'm not around? I walk away for 2 hours and you guys go and kill an entire air force. smdh

Yes, by which you mean SMARF and getting a cool half a Billion Destruco-Bucks in the bank?

pthighs
Jun 21, 2013

Pillbug
Good to see I'm still alive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Snark
Oct 15, 2012

I'M SORRY, OK!? I admit I've made some mistakes, and Jones has clearly paid for them.
But ma'am! Jones' only crime was looking at the wrong files!
I beg of you, don't ship away Jones, he has a wife and kids!

-United Nations Intelligence Service

Crazycryodude posted:

Yeah, Irma's detritus still has power and internet intermittent where I am down here. And holy poo poo was that bad timing :catstare:

I think it says something about this company that this is the second time we killed an entire air force.