Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat

McGibby posted:

We are just telling the mission planners to use a Yak or we won't pick their plan. No issues with reading comprehension, no sir.

The Yak does appear to have better load outs, and as long as we can use the full maximum takeoff weight we should be fine. If we have to use the “VTOL in hot conditions” we’re getting 5nm range and one small iron bomb :eng99:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

imo it's good because it has ir missiles that don't need to be fired from behind, and we kinda need to work on keeping the other jets away from the saab

koolkevz666
Aug 22, 2015
Operation: Cheeki Breeki

Base at Dobroslavtsi Air Base: 6 x Mirages 2000C and 4 x F-16DG, 2 x Yak 141 also 2 x or 1x MQ-9B Reaper

Base at Sofia Intl: 1 x EA-6B Prowler, 1 x SAAB, 4 x A-6

Anti-aircraft and ground radar is to be split between both bases as equally as possible.

Operations map:

Launch 6 x Mirages 2000C from Dobroslavsti Air base equipped for air to air combat and they are to establish a CAP over the area of operation shown in the yellow box. They are to maintain this CAP until all strike missions have completed their missions before returning to base.

Launch 2 x Yak 141 from Dobroslavsti Air Base equipped for air to ground combat and they are to fly yo the area of operation and destroy the SAM site protecting the depot. If they survive and have remaining ordnance after confirming the destruction of the SAM battery they are to destroy the depot itself. They are then to RTB.

Launch 1 x Saab from Sofia Intl and have it remain on station where it can provide radar coverage for the area of operations while staying as close to the airfields as possible. If enemy fighters break through our CAP the Saab is to immediately RTB as quickly as possible. Have it RTB after all strike missions are complete.

Launch 1 x EA-6B Prowler from Sofia Intl and have it provide jamming support for the area of operation have it RTB as soon as all strike missions are complete.

Launch 4 x A-6 from Sofia Intl equipped for air to ground combat and have them destroy the artillery in the area of operations marked by the blue box before having them RTB.

Launch 4 x F-16DG from Dobroslavsti Air Base equipped for air to ground combat and have them destroy the Olifant tanks currently stuck at the area of operations as shown by the red box, if they have remaining ordnance after destroying said tanks they are to strike the other group of Olifant tanks before having them RTB.

Launch 1 x or 2 x (depending on numbers remaining)MQ-9B Reaper Drones from Dobroslavtsi Air Base armed with paveway bombs they are to fly over to the BMP units on the western flank and destroy the BMP units there before returning to base.

koolkevz666 fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Mar 29, 2019

FrangibleCover
Jan 23, 2018

Nothing going on in my quiet corner of the Pacific.

This is the life. I'm just lying here in my hammock in Townsville, sipping a G&T.
Okay, lets try one of these. I'm posting it now but I'm still workshopping it. At some point there will be pictures instead of vagueness.

OPERATION DANCE CARD

Concept: To maintain a strong cycling air presence in defence of Arsenal operations while simultaneously providing constant CAS pressure on ROMARM forces.

ROE: Tight, as usual. Super 530 missiles are to engage targets with one missile only to keep constant disruptive pressure on closing enemy aircraft. Super 530s and R-73s may not fire at UAVs.

Hard deck - 12000ft

Soft deck - 15000ft

Static Dispositions

Seven Lakes Nature Reserve - AN/TPS-43 Radar

Radomir Dolni Rakovets Airfield - I-HAWK, ZSU-23-4 Shilka

Stanke Dimitrov Airport - Pantsir-S1

Aircraft Dispositions - In an effort to avoid the problem we had last mission where aircraft went up two at a time and we never achieved force concentration I'm going to attempt this instead

Gjader AB - CN-235, C-130E, VC.10 K4, 707 Tanker (all unused)

Radomir Dolni Rakovets Airfield - 4x Mirage 2000C, 4x A-6E, 1x EA-6B, 2x F-16DG - I'm not typing that every time so henceforth RDR

Stanke Dimitrov Airport - 2x Mirage 2000C, 2x F-16DG, 1x S-100B, 1x Atlantique - I'm not typing that every time so henceforth SD

Sofia International Airport - 1x MQ-9B Reaper

Ihtiman Airfield - 2x Yak-141 (Yakovlev Operated)

The Yakovlev operatives are to be informed that we are sending them to Ihtiman to test their short-field austere runway capabilities. Due to other operational commitments we cannot guarantee the safety of the base against air attack and we recommend that they bring some of their own assets, although of course we will endeavour to stop any enemy aircraft crossing into Arsenal held areas. If they don't go for this stick them at Stanke Dimitrov.

Flights

Waltz 1
2x Mirage 2000C (Super 530) at RDR

Waltz 2
2x Mirage 2000C (Super 530) at RDR

Waltz 3
2x Mirage 2000C (Super 530) at SD

Rhumba 1
2x F-16DG (6x Sidewinders) at SD

Rhumba 2
2x F-16DG (6x Sidewinders) at RDR

Freestyle 1
2x Yak-141 (R-73) at Ihtiman

Jitterbug 1
1x A-6E (AGM-130 Skipper) at RDR

Jitterbug 2

Jitterbug 3

Jitterbug 4

Robot
1x MQ-9B Reaper (Brimstone/GBU) at Sofia International

Frug
1x EA-6B (Short range jamming) at RDR

Bolero
1x Atlantique (GBU-12) at SD

Bandmaster
1x S-100B at SD

Plan

Freestyle operators are instructed to provide air warfare support as they see fit, joining our CAP if possible.

1. Waltz 1 & 2 and Rhumba 1 launch and set up a CAP over friendly ground forces to protect against Lancers. Waltz 3 and Rhumba 2 are in reserve, attempt to keep two Mirages and two F-16s on station at all times and surge reserves as appropriate to deal with threats.

2. Bandmaster and Frug to launch and remain towards the rear of the battle area providing intelligence.

3. Jitterbug 1-3 and Bolero flights to launch individually and support friendly ground forces in the following priority order:
- Enemy units currently engaging friendly ground forces
- The car wash
- Enemy AA
- Enemy artillery
- Enemy tanks
- Other enemy assets

The flights are intended to be staggered across time so that aircraft are making individual attacks and so that help is never far away for our friendlies. It's great if we go up and blow away four things at the same time but then we'll be unable to do any support for six hours. Note that the Atlantique has a 1 hour rearm for some reason so it can make many more attacks than the Intruders.

Simultaneously, Robot flight is to launch and make its way into the target area once sanitised by CAP. It is to expend munitions as above and then remain and spot for further Jitterbug flights at 15000ft AGL.

4. Jitterbug 4 remains in reserve on the ground until called for to blow the bridge or attend to another emergency. Once the bridge is blown successfully Jitterbug 4 is to join the tasking under 3 and support ground forces.

5. (Optional) If enemy air resistance has completely ceased Rhumba flights may be rearmed with GBU-10 and support ground forces per tasking 3.

Diamond Team 5

Diamond Team 5 are not to conduct any further surveillance of the Supersonics, I'm happy with what I have. Instead they are to patrol ROMARM held territory and attempt to catch ejecting enemy pilots before their own recovery services do so. I recommend that they get them thoroughly shitfaced and then leave them to ROMARM forces so that they and possibly the rest of the Supersonics are dismissed for being Drunk on Duty but the exact method of their elimination is up to our trusted operatives.

Comments so far?

FrangibleCover fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Mar 28, 2019

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

Interesting read on a modern airstrike that missed the intended target.

https://www.aspistrategist.org.au/indias-strike-on-balakot-a-very-precise-miss/

Not that we have a solid way to use erroneous GPS information, but shows how much more difficult a strike can be.

Another day for the plans work? Then we'll put them to a vote.

Bacarruda
Mar 30, 2011

Mutiny!?! More like "reinterpreted orders"
Operation Bridge too Far

The premise of this operation is to keep things simple, simple, simple. No tankers. No fancy conditionals or triggers. No hold points. Just launch the aircraft, have them complete a pre-assigned mission and return home.

One advantage we have is that we know roughly where the enemy fighters will come from. Rather than having our fighters tool around directly above the target (which will lead to dogfights right in the middle of our bomb-laden attack aircraft making their runs...), I think we should use a Barrier Combat Air Patrol (BARCAP) to block the incoming SuperSonics before they can get to our aircraft.

I'm also operating on a principle of dispersion, with multiple fields launching aircraft all at once, as opposed to one base slowly spitting out aircraft one by one.

Operational Rules.

1. Hard Deck: 12,000 foot AGL. Do not fly lower unless necessary to make an attack. Immediately climb back to 12,000 ft AGL once weapons have been released.
2. EMCON: OECM = ON, Radars = ON
3. ROE: Return fire if fired upon + fire on all ROMARM or ROMARM-aligned assets on sight. Targets must be positively-IDed before being engaged.
4. Weapons Release Authorization: 1 missile and/or bomb per target.
5. All aircraft: RTB when "Winchester" (Fighters: A2A missiles gone, Strike Aircraft: Air-to-surface weapons gone).
6. If our CAP is dead/absent/etc and enemy fighters are airborne: all strike and support aircraft fall back.
7. In the Mission Editor, make sure that the "do not pursue targets outside of patrol areas" checkbox is checked for all strike, SEAD, and CAP aircraft.

Phase 0: Pre-Operation

1. Base the I-HAWK and 1x SA-22 Pantsir systems at SOFIA INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT.
2. Base the ZSU-23 Shilkas and the other SA-22 about 5km behind Bulgarian forces in suitable firing positions. The goal is to provide some AA cover in the event a LanceR sneaks through.
3. All CAP aircraft (6x Mirage 2000C with 2x Super R.530F and 2x Magic) and support aircraft (1x EA-6B Prowler with 5x Jamming Pords; 1x Saab Argus) at DOBROSLAVSTI.
4. Strike Element 1 (4x A-6E Intruders with 4x AGM-123A Skipper; 1x Atlantique II with 4x GBU-12; 1x MQ-9B Reaper with 4x Brimstone and 2x GBU-49) at SOFIA INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT.
5. Strike Element 2 (4x F-16DG Vipers with 2x GBU-10 and 4x AIM-9P Sidewinders; 1x Yak-141 with 4x RBK-500 Cluster Bombs) at LESNOVO AIRPORT

Phase 1: Launch

In the following order:
1. BARCAP Fighters (6x Mirage 2000C) from DOBROSLAVSTI. Proceed to BARCAP patrol area. Hold there until 1) forced to RTB when Winchester or Bingo, 2) all friendly strike aircraft have RTBed.
2. Prowler from DOBROSLAVSTI. OECM On. Proceed to Prowler Patrol Area.
3. Saab Argus from DOBROSLAVSTI. Radar on. Proceed to Argus patrol area.
4. SAM-Killing Intruders (Cole Fight) from SOFIA INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT.
5. Strike Intruders (Grafton Flight), Atlantique II, and Reaper from SOFIA INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT.
6. F-16s from LESNOVO AIRPORT. Keep Yak-141 as a ground-based reserve.

Phase 2: Attack

In the following order:
1. Cole Flight 2x Intruders hit the SAM site. Once SAM is destroyed, hit targets of opportunity and RTB when Winchester.
2.1 (concurrent with 2.2 and 2.3) DO NOT PROCEED UNTIL SAM IS DEAD Grafton Flight 2x Intruders hit the artillery. Once artillery is destroyed, hit targets of opportunity and RTB when Winchester.
2.2 DO NOT PROCEED UNTIL SAM IS DEAD Apollo Flight: 2x F-16DG targets artillery. Once all bombs are dropped, head to TARCAP patrol area. Hold there until 1) forced to RTB when Winchester or Bingo, 2) all friendly strike aircraft have RTBed.
2.3 DO NOT PROCEED UNTIL SAM IS DEAD Adama Flight: 2x F-16DG targets depot. Once all bombs are dropped, head to TARCAP patrol area. Hold there until 1) forced to RTB when Winchester or Bingo, 2) all friendly strike aircraft have RTBed.
3. Atlantique II hits western bridge. If it has bombs remaining, hit the BMPs. Once Winchester, RTB.
4. Reaper and Yak-141 hit targets of opportunity (Yak is on ground-based reserve, so launch if needed. If the Yak guys aren't willing to act as a ground-based reserve, sic them on the main armored force by the river. NOTE: Once the Yak has dropped its ordnance, have it join the TARCAP). If none remain, wipe out stranded tanks on south bank.

Phase 3: Recovery
1. Once all ground targets have been hit, all strike and support (Argus, Prowler) aircraft return to base.
2. Once all strike and support aircraft have been recovered, remaining BARCAP and TARCAP return to base.

Bacarruda fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Mar 30, 2019

Alikchi
Aug 18, 2010

Thumbs up I agree

Are we starting fresh with new suggested PMCs? I have an idea.

sparkmaster
Apr 1, 2010
All this WVR missileering and gunfighting gives us the perfect excuse to procure a section of F-8 crusaders.

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

Alikchi posted:

Are we starting fresh with new suggested PMCs? I have an idea.

Yes

Voting will begin this afternoon. If you are working on a plan and need more time... Let me know or forever hold your peace.

:justpost:

In further news, I found a good podcast. I like it.

https://www.fighterpilotpodcast.com/

Alikchi
Aug 18, 2010

Thumbs up I agree

Alikchi fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Apr 2, 2019

power crystals
Jun 6, 2007

Who wants a belly rub??

I've somehow never filed a PMC and I figure I should. But I need to stay on-brand, and with the BVR restriction my original idea for an Iranian PMC isn't anywhere near as fun (:rip: AIM-23Cs, you were too beautiful for this world). So instead I give you:

quote:

Picklr

Founded by a Silicon Valley tech mogul who achieved billionaire status in 2022 at the age of 19 from an app that you measure and share stats on your farts, adding leaderboards just before IPO, Picklr considers itself the pre-eminent authority in private drone warfare. It first made the news when it was used by its founder to put a competing app out of business by obliterating its datacenter, but a complex web of corporate sub-structures meant that Picklr was legally immune to prosecution for its actions. Since then, it has billed itself as a "Warfare-as-a-Service" provider for the discerning business partner and has seen service in conflicts in Australia, Panama, and Greenland. It is an expert in low-intensity conflicts, rapidly suppressing key enemy facilities and moving on without any need for downtime. Its tireless aircraft can easily attrit a traditional human opponent to the point of defeat.

It has purchased unmanned craft from a variety of nations, and is quite proud of the fact that its founder is its only combat pilot, employing only a few additional crew for its airborne command center. Every drone in Picklr's fleet is controlled either by its founder or autonomously via Picklr's own secret proprietary AI software. Picklr routinely brags about the dozen or more aircraft it can command with just one person, acting as a single harmonious force via its advanced machine learning algorithms. With every battle won, the AI, termed Emergent Drone Intelligence, is improved. In some lower-threat environments, the drones have been used fully autonomously. Even if they are shot down, Picklr has been able to easily order replacements without having to worry about re-training lost pilots.

Picklr's inventory consists of two Israeli Hermes to disrupt enemy communications, a single South Korean Global Hawk for long-range recon, a wing of Pakistani Burraqs and a wing of Nigerian CH-3 Rainbows for ground attack, and a third wing of American MQ-1B Predators for air-to-air. It has also just acquired a trio of Emirati United 40 Block 6 UAVs for use in anti-submarine warfare in an attempt to diversify.

Picklr's command center is a single Russian IL-96-300PU, which Picklr's founder won in a bar bet over whose fart was more radioactive. Concerns that the jet may have been bugged by Russia prior to sale have been repeatedly and steadfastly dismissed by Picklr.

Hastily scrawled addendum by the three guys working out of a supply closet who've branded themselves "Hired Goons Intelligence":

"Picklr's AI sucks poo poo, lol, they just take the existing code and make it worse, and now that Ilyushin needs to stay within 200nm for their drones to even work"

(The idea being that their drones would all run at Novice skill or whatever CMANO calls the worst one)

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

Pick Two!

Voting will run until tomorrow evening or so.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat
Pick Two!

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?
Vote:

1) Dance Card

2) Bridge Too Far

While Bac always has good plans, I'd like to spread the wealth out a little more so that our other planners gets to see their OPs green-lit.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat
Bridge Too Far just nails the naming scheme for me :allears:

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Started watching after seeing a banner ad. Money well spent Hired Goons. Gotta go with:

B2F feels the best put together, and I can see in my head exactly how it goes down.

DC... I'm not on Team Warcrimes, but the car wash strike seems like a happy middle ground, and I admit I am interested in seeing the fallout.

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

"Federal regulations mandate that at least 30% of our content must promote Reptilian or Draconic culture. This is DJ Scratch N' Sniff with the latest mermaid screeching on KBLD..."

I think Bridge and maybe Cheeki are misunderstanding the nature of the op. We're not running a smash & grab strike mission, we're running a continuous-presence air support mission and are probably expected to have forces on-hand and up in the air for whatever happens to crop up. Because of that, I'm voting for Dance Card and also Dance Card, if you'll let me double vote.

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

Testing an image below. I mish-mash hosting between Lpix and Imgur. In case Imgur goes the way of Photobucket (lol) I'd like to have my poo poo on my own server.

Please ignore.

Yooper fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Mar 30, 2019

power crystals
Jun 6, 2007

Who wants a belly rub??

HereticMIND
Nov 4, 2012

Ah, back from my vacation! I feel refreshed and rejuvenated!

Now, to brass tacks.

Bridge Too Far looks good on paper, but I’m not sure if the spare Yak has been accounted for accurately; I’m pretty sure Yooper said we have two of them to play with (kinda), and this deployment doesn’t have it listed on the TO&E. Perhaps this is an oversight on Bac’s part? If so, it’s pretty jarring because his OP plans are usually on the ball when it comes to that sorta thing.

Cheeki Breeki is a good looking one coming from (who I assume to be) a first time planner. That being said, I’m very hesitant to endorse this simply because it’s too simple and could easily go south very quickly.

Dance Card seems to be the best bet outta the three on offer. It takes into account DT5 and targets the car wash for maximum hilarity with little-to-no civilian causalities. The only thing stopping this from being perfect is that the Yak pilots might go off the reservation and hit critical civilian infrastructure (the dam or the power plant, for example), which would reflect very poorly on us since this is technically our contract.

That all being said, my votes are towards Dance Card and Bridge Too Far. I simply cannot vote for Cheeki Breeki simply because too many things have to go right and it’s too simple.

McGibby
Jan 27, 2009

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

slothrop posted:

Pick Two!

Going with this as well.

ephphatha
Dec 18, 2009

Reversing the order in case it makes a difference as I really like the name Cheeki Breeki. Dance Card does seem like the more optimal choice though, but where's the fun in that :v:

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!
I choose and

Bacarruda
Mar 30, 2011

Mutiny!?! More like "reinterpreted orders"

HereticMIND posted:

Bridge Too Far looks good on paper, but I’m not sure if the spare Yak has been accounted for accurately; I’m pretty sure Yooper said we have two of them to play with (kinda), and this deployment doesn’t have it listed on the TO&E. Perhaps this is an oversight on Bac’s part?

Oh, I make dumb mistakes all the time. In this case, Yooper's post was a bit contradictory.

Yooper posted:

The supplier will provide a pair of units. They have there own test pilots so all we can do is define a target or target zone and then they'll go do a test run.

Yakovlev is now operating a 3D Print wing near St. Petersburg. They are working on rolling out one experimental airframe before branching back out.

Radio Free Kobold posted:

I think Bridge and maybe Cheeki are misunderstanding the nature of the op. We're not running a smash & grab strike mission, we're running a continuous-presence air support mission and are probably expected to have forces on-hand and up in the air for whatever happens to crop up.

Your characterisation of both ops as being Alpha Strikes, not loitering CAS, is right on the money.

In a perfect world we'd loiter and whackamole targets that pop up. However...our Mirages don't have the gas or payload to do a sustained CAP. We'll have a limited window of time until our CAP is Bingo, Winchester, or dead.

My concept of operations is to flood the area of operations with a stream of attack aircraft for a short period of time and just clobber everything they see. We've got a ton of aircraft with good sensors (F-16 targeting pods, Reaper, the TRAM on the Intruders) so I'm confident we'll be able to spot and eliminate any targets we weren't briefed on.

CourValant posted:

Vote:

1) Dance Card

2) Bridge Too Far

While Bac always has good plans, I'd like to spread the wealth out a little more so that our other planners gets to see their OPs green-lit.

Entirely fair!

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

sparkmaster
Apr 1, 2010

bridge too far

dance card

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
dance card because of an argument that seems to make sense but that I don't actually understand.

FrangibleCover
Jan 23, 2018

This is the life. I'm just lying here in my hammock in Townsville, sipping a G&T.

HereticMIND posted:

The only thing stopping this from being perfect is that the Yak pilots might go off the reservation and hit critical civilian infrastructure (the dam or the power plant, for example), which would reflect very poorly on us since this is technically our contract.

The Yaks going nuts shouldn't be an issue, they have no air to ground weapons apart from the guns and they've been instructed to attack air targets. If they'll just join the CAP that's brilliant, if the communications difficulties due to them being on a third side make that impossible then they can just fly around shooting missiles at people.

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.
bridge

dance

Brovine
Dec 24, 2011

Mooooo?
Gonna go for:

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe
Dancing Bridge

koolkevz666
Aug 22, 2015
Voting a Bridge too far and Dance Card. Yes I haven't voted for my own plan, mostly because as people have said I got the mission brief wrong and planned it as a strike mission and not continued CAS. As it is, it is far too late to change anything.

Also how will the Yak attack work as CAP? Didn't it say we had to give it a target to attack or was it a target or a mission like CAP?

PenguinSalsa
Nov 10, 2009

If it matters I prefer Dance Card because of (potentially) dogfighting Yak-141s :allears:

Dimitris
Apr 11, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
PSA: If your CMANO collection is incomplete, you probably don't want to miss this sale:

https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/10620/Command_Defcon_One_Edition/

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

The single primary vote for Cheeki Breeki had a secondary vote for Dance Card. Ephphatha was the deciding vote in this case. For 2nd votes Cheeki Breeki and Bridge Too Far were tied, so hats off to all the planners!

Bulgarians Alpine Scouts are reporting the sounds of diesel engines in the dark, looks like we're just in time!

I'll be doing this one as an SSLP, seems to work alright for ground operations moreso than furballs.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Yooper posted:

I'll be doing this one as an SSLP, seems to work alright for ground operations moreso than furballs.

:jerky:

FrangibleCover
Jan 23, 2018

I'm excited!

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

As the sun rises over Rebarkovo Pass Captain Argas radio's in to the HGFAC that he can hear armor coming from dead ahead. Further off the whine of jet engines breaks the silence.

Yakovlev is due to get the Freestyles in the air shortly. In addition 4 of our Mirage's and 2 F-16's are about to take to the air. Windmill-Grumio-Gervasius will be headed up parallel to the Saab (ISPY, Roamer, Skyeye, Loudmouth)

Almost immediately our radar picks up a Flat Face B radar northish of Pleven. Our intel states that both Dolna Airbase and Gabrovnitsa are bases for Supersonics units in this area.

Recon units pick up mobile units of some sort northeast of Lyutibrod.

A pair of bogeys appears for a moment on radar, 315 knots and 8400 ft and dropping quick. A few moments later we lose the contact altogether.

Windmill-Grumio-Gervasius are first in the taxi line from RDR. The 4 Mirages are right behind.

From SD the Saab is headed up along with a pair of F-16's.

It's worth noting that LoSA and Glynnenstein make up the defensive firewall at the bases. The ZSU-23-4 teams are also paired up. Should anything get close they'll knock it out.

The YAK-141's are up in the air! One unit, FYODOR, the second, DOSTOEVSKY, head towards a patrol zone over the Rebarkovo. Once we get a feel for the air disposition we'll get an Intruder up to take a bite out of the known Olifants at the gas station.

We've got Goons in the air!

poo poo. We've got hostiles, 400ft AGL, attack classification, headed towards our units. There's a few Arsenal AD AAA in place, lets hope they can get a shot off. FYODOR is engaged offensive.

Ground recon gets an eye on the incoming birds, they are ROMARM J-22 ORAO II's in ROMARM corporate red livery sporting Red Bull advertising. Figures.

Two new bogeys a few moments later. One from Gabrovnitsa and one from Dolna.

We lose it for a second in the hills and then it's suddenly ordnance!

One T-55 takes a penetrating hit. The second ORAO knocks out one more T-55.

One of the incoming bogeys is an RF-104G. A Taiwanese Recon variant.

Whammo! The Shilka monster strikes. The ORAO keeps on going though. It's only moving at 350 knots, the YAK's are coming...

Gabrovnitsa spits out more bogeys. A total of 6 are gaining altitude, but not moving particularly quickly at only 350 knots.

hismajestybob gets the first Super R.530F into the air. The lagging ORAO is going to have a bad day. A moment later Sabotage looses a missile at the 2nd ORAO.

:frogsiren:

Glynnenstein from gently caress off far away got an IR fix and identified the bogeys as fighters. And they're headed south and gaining speed.

Starfighters! It can only be the Seattle Supersonics! We're evenly matched and with a pair of YAK-141's.

First missile misses.

And now everyone is shooting at everyone. One of the F-104's fires at DOSTOEVSKY. Multiple missiles are headed for the F-104's.

One ORAO down!

The YAK survives.

FYODOR launches at the RF-104. A few moments later it disappears in a flash of chrome and Red Bull stickers.

:frogsiren:

Lol. Everyone scared everyone and all the missiles died.

Furball!

Tapco makes it as the 9L runs out of fuel. While the AA-11 misses.

DOSTOEVSKY knocks out an F-104.

And another!

Then a 9L connects and Tapco ejects! Shards of missile destroy the engine and the Mirage glides to a fiery inferno.

The Mirage's are RTB, only heaters remain. The F-16's have 11 9P-4's though...

Roeben-RedDan and White Glove - Sponsored by Vitamin Water loose Sidewinders while DOSTOEVSKY goes defensive.

The F-16's claim an F-104.

DOSTOEVSKY eats a hot smoking missile.

At less than 2nm our F-16's turn right into a lone Starfighter. Both sides fire!

Someone call the Alpine Battalion! White Glove - Sponsored by Vitamin Water have ejected!

But they are avenged as the F-104 is destroyed.

The surviving ORAO and F-104's head back to Gabrovnitsa.

We've got a single F-16 on station and a YAK-141. I'm bringing another set of Mirage's up, once they are in position we'll get

Hot Pants- Drunken Scoper head up to knock out the Gas Station tanks. A single RF-104 pops in and out of radar. Our token YAK-141 blasts past our F-16 and goes for it.

I'm not sure the RF-104 even saw it coming until the last moment.

Yet it still flies!

For a moment.

MEAT spots another one coming up. Gluttons for punishment? Maybe.

Yup.

Skippers away!

SAM's rise up from near the depot.

Both miss.

Several of the skippers are intercepted while several others knock out the clusters of tanks at the gas station.

Arsenal recovery teams speed down the cratered road! Hosaka Corporation technicians wire in to keep them covered.

That woke 'em up! Several AAA radars and a pair of Olifant platoons are on the move.

Our Mirage's knock out another RF-104.

Artillery drops onto the recovery team!

Our A-6E's are in the air. One for each group of Olifants, a 3rd in reserve in case MEAT can't knock out the SA-13 with his Brimstones.

Go!

gently caress! The first one hits the bridge.

FFS. They all hit the goddamn bridge. Now it's on fire.

MEAT looses a pair of GBU-49's. They look to be headed for the bridge...

And instead strike the SA-13!

The recovery team radio's in that they can hear a shitload of tank sounds coming from the city. They've requested we halt them while they finish up. Time to bomb the car wash soap storage facility!

MEAT gets into position over the Iskar river and fires up the ground scan radar revealing more than we expected!

Oh hell yah. Lasers galore!

A company of Olifants is detected in the rail yard!

Visible from space, a massive wave of superheated foam and plasma expands out from the storage facility in a truly cataclysmic wave of foam and debris. Thousands of gallons of liquid turns into hundreds of thousands of gallons of bubbles. The deluge swamps the incoming Olifants.

The Intruders return to base as MEAT keeps a watchful eye.

In response to the attack MEAT picks up a new contact.

And we must've pissed somebody off.

Not in our AOE, but pretty close. Sitting on the Danube, conveniently covering Gabrovnitsa. I divert our prosecution zone to avoid that envelope of pain.

Two bogeys emerge from SAM cover to a waiting pair of Mirage's, Peeping Tom and Thunderlips.

Lancers!

Wow. The Super R's kind of suck. The R.550 Magic's though did strikingly well. At that FYODOR takes stage on the CAP while the remaining F-16's take to a clear ski. The recovery team pulls back with a van load of digital equipment that looks more like a "back of the truck stereo sale" than a recovery operation.

quote:

SIDE: Hired Goons
===========================================================

LOSSES:
-------------------------------
1x F-16DG Blk 40 Falcon
1x Mirage 2000C

EXPENDITURES:
------------------
1x 30mm DEFA 554 x 2 Burst [50 rnds]
16x AGM-123A Skipper II
5x AIM-9P-4 Sidewinder
4x Brimstone Dual-Mode
2x GBU-49/B Paveway II GPS/LGB [Mk82]
1x Generic Flare Salvo [2x Cartridges, Single Spectral]
1x Generic Flare Salvo [3x Cartridges, Single Spectral]
4x R.550 Magic 1
12x Super R.530F

SIDE: YAKOVLEV

LOSSES:
1x Yak-141 Freestyle

SIDE: Supersonics

LOSSES:
4x F-104S Starfighter ASA-M
3x MiG-21 Fishbed [Lancer A, Attack Variant]
3x RF-104G Starfighter

EXPENDITURES:
------------------
4x AIM-9L Sidewinder
6x Aspide
3x Generic Chaff Salvo [4x Cartridges]
2x Generic Flare Salvo [4x Cartridges, Single Spectral]
1x Opher [Mk82]

SIDE: ROMARM

LOSSES:
1x J-22 Orao II [IAR-93B Vultur]
3x Olifant Mk1 Main Battle Tank
3x Olifant Mk1A Main Battle Tank
3x Olifant Mk2 Main Battle Tank
2x SA-13 Gopher [9A35M2] TELAR 2

EXPENDITURES:
------------------
10x 120mm 2A51 Mortar HE
128x S-5K 57mm Rocket
6x SA-13 Gopher [9M35]

As the sun rises into the sky the sound of retreating diesels marks the day. ROMARM advance skulks back under the cover of the SA-11's on the shores of the Danube.

power crystals
Jun 6, 2007

Who wants a belly rub??

Who the hell sells us these Brimstones? Are we sure we don't buy them from a joke and gag gift store by accident? Are they like, doing whatever their version of maddog is and selecting a different target after launch? e: Oh these are radar seekers so I guess it just would be maddog straight up. Still.

Awesome recap as always, though. :rip: Tapaco, White Glove, and Sponsored By Vitamin Water. Also that one Freestyle I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Snark
Oct 15, 2012

I'M SORRY, OK!? I admit I've made some mistakes, and Jones has clearly paid for them.
But ma'am! Jones' only crime was looking at the wrong files!
I beg of you, don't ship away Jones, he has a wife and kids!

-United Nations Intelligence Service

power crystals posted:

Who the hell sells us these Brimstones? Are we sure we don't buy them from a joke and gag gift store by accident? Are they like, doing whatever their version of maddog is and selecting a different target after launch? e: Oh these are radar seekers so I guess it just would be maddog straight up. Still.

Awesome recap as always, though. :rip: Tapaco, White Glove, and Sponsored By Vitamin Water. Also that one Freestyle I guess.

Our guys are fine - they ejected. Granted, the Soapocalpyse may have done them in, soooo...