Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LostCosmonaut
Feb 15, 2014

I think I'm currently a Phantom backseater, but I'll gladly take the opportunity to 'upgrade' to flying a beat to poo poo ex-Noko MiG-17 or something similarly hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!
I'll take the Flagon with the dragon, thank you very much.

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

I feel like SDB saturation tactics might be kinda contrary to our orders to avoid excessive ordinance usage. I realize that's the best tactic against an advanced system, which just leads me to think PenguinSalsa is right about the puzzle approach being better here and that we should change our "sanitize everything" mindset. Also, perhaps if our critical task was to kill the Mamba then the saturation would be in-line with our orders.

I think a recon-oriented plan vs the advanced SAMs per our task 2.0 and a leaner plan to guard the boats per 1.0 and 1.1 is our best option at this time based on our employers instructions.

koolkevz666
Aug 22, 2015
So Yooper any chance you can print a still image of the working map? It just seems since the big windows update my print screen option isn't working and I can't make a copy of the working map to use in paint for a battle plan.

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

koolkevz666 posted:

So Yooper any chance you can print a still image of the working map? It just seems since the big windows update my print screen option isn't working and I can't make a copy of the working map to use in paint for a battle plan.

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

Voting on hold - Plans still incoming.

Yooper fucked around with this message at 00:42 on May 31, 2017

Quinntan
Sep 11, 2013
Operation Frostbite

power crystals
Jun 6, 2007

Who wants a belly rub??

Frostbite.

e:

koolkevz666 posted:

Try Greenshot (also paint.net).

omegasgundam
Mar 30, 2010
Both are complete poo poo

Seriously, I'd rather not sortie if these are our options.

Nick Esasky
Nov 10, 2009
Ugh. I have to vote against both these plans on offer because they involve either a) Shooting missiles at botes sitting still in US harbor, which is pretty much the same as blowing up buildings on US soil. or b) It involves us charging at St. Lawrence and trying to kill the Mamba when we have precisely zero intel on whats on the island besides Theres A Mamba And It Theoretically Might Be Positioned To Menance Our Base.

I'd like to point out that even if the Mamba IS where Baracuda's plan puts it, there a big pile of hills between us and St. Lawrence that will prevent enemy radars from actually seeing us at low level. As well, ground based radars don't really reach that far when we're at low altitude. Sending our Gripens to go hunt the thing when we have threats to our employer's botes to worry about is just a bad idea. Use this mission to recon the place so we can make a proper plan for next time.

Jimmy4400nav
Apr 1, 2011

Ambassador to Moonlandia
Operation Half-rear end

Guys while that SAM battery on ST Lawrence is frightening, we don't need to worry about killing it right now, our main job is to just cover those big factory ships until they're fixed. Mitsuhasi also wants a little recon. Lets just give them EXACTLY what they want and nothing more. Then if they want us to blow poo poo up later on we can. For now lets just cover those botes and scout so we can possibly steal or commando strike that SAM next round.

KIANG and ZEBRA Points

Each CAP Zone will have:

4 Gripens with METOR Loadout
5 Tornados with Sea Eagle Loadout

Our main job is to cover the repair operations and that’s exactly what we will do. Flights of Gripens and Phantoms will hold at these two areas and patrol, destroying any enemy plane or ship that tries to get close.

Paso Flight
4x F-16s
1x Aircraft: EA-6B Prowler with 5 jamming pods.:
AGM-154C JSOW [BROACH], Sniper XR Pod & LANTIRN Pod [FLIR]
This flight will carry a mix of BVR A2A missiles and several ranged missiles useful for engaging ships. This flight will operate as a swiss army knife reserve that can act as an aerial response force to whatever situation arises in the Northern part of the theatre. They’ll hold at point WATCHTOWER and refuel as needed until the operation is complete. They’ll obit WATCHTOWER at 36,000 feet and engage targets as needed.
The Prowler will hold here too and provide jamming assistance to the planes in the area.

Pig Fight
Aircraft:
KC-135R
VC-10.K4

Fly at medium altitude and fly a racetrack between POINT JACK and POINT MARE to provide tanker support to main combat group in the north.

Jennet Flight

2x Mirage F.1CR: Equipped with:
Recon: Rafael Recon Pod [SLAR], Barax NG DECM Pod, Phimat Chaff Pod
Its time for the Mirages to earn their keep, their assignment will be to fly recon pattern around St Lawrence, holding an altitude patterns and staying on the edge of the exclusion zone. They’ll scan as much of the perimeter as possible before returning home. One will fly east along the upper part of the island, the other will fly south along the west. Both planes will R2B one Bingo Fuel is achieved or if an enemy plane begins to chase them.

If they R2B and we still have time in mission, then arm up with Paveways and get out to join Vacca flight.

TARPAN FLIGHT

MQ-9 Reaper with Gorgon Stare pods
Following the green line at max altitude, our Reaper will scout around ST Lawrence outside the exclusion zone before making a brief journey north to peek near the Alaskan zone before beating hay back home. A quick peak and nothing more.

KONIK Flight
Aircraft: Atlantique 2 with two Exocet missiles

The Atlantque will run race tracks up and down the orange line and shoot at any enemy ship that comes into range. In the event enemy planes start to appear nearby, it’ll beat feet behind the Gripen shield and then return once the danger subsides.

I-SPY

The S-100 will orbit point I-SPY at max altitude to provide the best radar coverage.

Vacca Flight

Pretty much a copy of what Bacc had planned, only with some modifications to the load outs and planes. SMARF might need some help, but still our focus needs to be on the north since that’s our job.

Aircraft:

Two AMXs armed with two GBU-16B Paveways
4 Kfirs armed with 2 Derby Missiles

1. Orbit POINT CABEZA at 36,000 feet ASL.
2. Locate and destroy any BSNC ships approaching the convoy.
3. Provide secondary CAP for the Mitshuashi convoy. If SMARF cannot engage incoming air targets, merge with and destroy the enemy aircraft.
4. Stay on station until all friendly ships are out of range of enemy forces.

SPERWAR
Our crappy drone will fly above Provi harbor and act as a tripwire incase the Alaskans try and sneak attack us down south to blow up the airfield.

RESERVE

5 Phantoms GBU-12D/B LGB [Mk82], Litening Pod [FLIR], AN/ALQ-119 DECM Pod

Keeps the phantoms at Laven and have them launch if we need to provide extra A2A or Anti-ship. This payload allows them to do both.

Jimmy4400nav fucked around with this message at 02:18 on May 31, 2017

Quinntan
Sep 11, 2013

Nick Esasky posted:

Ugh. I have to vote against both these plans on offer because they involve either a) Shooting missiles at botes sitting still in US harbor, which is pretty much the same as blowing up buildings on US soil. or b) It involves us charging at St. Lawrence and trying to kill the Mamba when we have precisely zero intel on whats on the island besides Theres A Mamba And It Theoretically Might Be Positioned To Menance Our Base.

I'd like to point out that even if the Mamba IS where Baracuda's plan puts it, there a big pile of hills between us and St. Lawrence that will prevent enemy radars from actually seeing us at low level. As well, ground based radars don't really reach that far when we're at low altitude. Sending our Gripens to go hunt the thing when we have threats to our employer's botes to worry about is just a bad idea. Use this mission to recon the place so we can make a proper plan for next time.

The Mamba is a hazard on southern final approaches, and its radar provides detailed intelligence as to exactly when we go up and go down. There is also nothing stopping BSNC from deciding to move their battery into a position where it CAN smack planes on takeoff, which it will be quite successful at given the low speeds a plane on takeoff are going at.

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!
I guess the poetry didn't make it clear, but a 60 mile exclusion zone preclude hitting the harbor unless the boats have launched. Will clarify.

e: There we go.

Added Space fucked around with this message at 01:02 on May 31, 2017

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Yooper posted:

ridiculously old planes

Aww yes, my chance to shine. I knew I packed my luger for a reason.

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

Wild Willie, the man, the myth, the legend, has erupted from prison like a mattress gone bad. He's offering an amazing deal to us Hired Goons. Here it is, from Willie himself.

This is Wacky Willie and man have I got a proposition for you!

Over the past month and a half or so I’ve been wheeling and dealing in the former East Block, seeing if I could wrangle some decent picks out of the boneyards, when God must have smiled down on me and gave me the opportunity of a lifetime. Due to all the recent political unrest and economic uncertainties, several very wealthy political figures have come to the conclusion that some of their lesser and forgotten holding have become politically dangerous. And by politically dangerous, I mean a full blown hot potato juggling act that might actually result in persecution. In Russia. That’s when I stepped in and offered to take custody of the lot for a reasonable fee. This includes mass swaths of boneyards and associated parts warehouses of the old Soviet Union.

Now, let’s be honest, these rust buckets had been left here for a reason. Not only will it take work to get them in the air again, they’ve fallen afoul of one of the strangest bureaucratic messes I’ve ever heard of. The gist of it is that none of this stuff can be sold at a profit, and that transferred ownership requires a legitimate effort be made to get them going. I’m sure they could have cut the hole mess out eventually, but they were in a rush and didn’t have the time. Old Russian conservatism biting them in the rear end, am I right? Unfortunately, this leaves me with the responsibility of fixing the drat things, and let me tell you, it’s going to take awhile!

Luckily I've partnered with Devry and various other "For Profit" educational enterprises and we've got nearly free labor tuning this poo poo into, well, slightly more polished poo poo.

Now, words of warning. These things are only a few steps away from the scrapheap no matter what I do. Average remaining life span on the frames are around 200 flight hours, and the improvised engines will be even worse. The flight controls are always going to be pretty loose, so whoever's driving the thing will look like he’s drunk. Like a true Russian, am I right? The radars are going to be a coin toss as to whether or not they’ll ever work, but apparently that’s not much of a problem the way you guys play things. The biggest problem is that many of them have stress damage on the pylons, so you won’t be able to load them up as much as they used to be able to. I don’t have the equipment or qualified personnel to give exact measurements, so you’ll have to figure out the limitations yourselves. I can be sure that you won’t be able to fling Kyles.

Look, I’ve spent time with you guys. I know you people. There’s more that a few nut jobs looking to go out in an ill conceived blaze of glory that feel ‘constrained’ by you reasonable purchases. If their ride randomly explodes, all the better! This way, you can make them happy, not spend too much money, and get some half-assed cruise missiles in the process! What do you say, do we have a deal?

ACTUAL MECHANICS
For $6 million, Wacky Willy will provide 8 random planes from below.

These planes have the lowest possible skill pilots, and are discarded at the end of the campaign. They may not be upgraded, traded, or sold. This is the Hired Goons "Minor League" team. Think of it as your rather slow, but enthusiastic cousin.

Our current "dead and disabled" list will get to choose a single aircraft from 1946 to 1955. If you're on the list below, select an aircraft. The last Goon Standing will get first pick of the poo poo. Then we'll go down the list from there.

• Dandywalken
  • Circlmastr
  • Quinntan
  • xthetenth
  • jalak
  • slaan
  • bacarruda
  • mryenko

Potential Planes

Fighters
Mig-19PM
Mig-21bis
Mig-23ML
Su-15TM,

Attackers
Mig-19S
Mig-23BK
Su-7BKL,
Su-17M3

This will run for 24 hours or so to give our mission planners more time to, well, plan missions.

Credit to Omegasgundam for the idea and inspiration

Yooper fucked around with this message at 01:09 on May 31, 2017

Quinntan
Sep 11, 2013
Hoo boy.

My pick is the Supermarine Seafire F. Mk 47.

power crystals
Jun 6, 2007

Who wants a belly rub??

Am I blind or do I not see how "last goon standing" is determined?

That said hell yes do this this is amazing.

Oh and changing my vote to Half-rear end for basically being the one I thought about writing up and then didn't bother.

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

power crystals posted:

Am I blind or do I not see how "last goon standing" is determined?

That said hell yes do this this is amazing.

Oh and changing my vote to Half-rear end for basically being the one I thought about writing up and then didn't bother.

Thunderdome between the chosen planes.

sparkmaster
Apr 1, 2010

Yooper, I have to take issue with this. Getting the Lions to the superbowl and then having them demolished 77-3 is just cruel and inhumane.

omegasgundam
Mar 30, 2010
Thank you, thank you. Your applause is most welcome. For my next trick, I will come up with an excuse for why we have access to working I-HAWK Ks. Expect it sometime tomorrow, in the form of a would-be Economist column.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

F7U Cutlass

Proposal: Gentleman's agreement.

If you take a jet it should suck. If you take a prop it should be absolutely roided out latewar gear. Hybrids are strongly recommended.

xthetenth fucked around with this message at 01:40 on May 31, 2017

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

I should read better. :v:

(I could still take you all in my chosen plane. You'd all crash trying to shoot me down :smuggo:)

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

F-89 Scorpion

David Corbett
Feb 6, 2008

Courage, my friends; 'tis not too late to build a better world.

Quinntan posted:

The Mamba is a hazard on southern final approaches, and its radar provides detailed intelligence as to exactly when we go up and go down. There is also nothing stopping BSNC from deciding to move their battery into a position where it CAN smack planes on takeoff, which it will be quite successful at given the low speeds a plane on takeoff are going at.

The (only) positive sign is that radar horizon is roughly 1.23nm * (height in feet)^1/2, so the only way to acquire a plane at 60nm is to either be above it (impossible for a SAM site) or have it exceed 2,380 feet altitude. If the planes stay on the deck until they're out of range, they can avoid getting swatted like flies as they take off. Provided, of course, that the BSNC doesn't have the ability to send up an AEWC boat and point out our location using that.

With all that said, that Mamba is the nastiest thing in-theatre right now and will dictate our operational tempo until we destroy it. It needs to die.

David Corbett fucked around with this message at 01:50 on May 31, 2017

PenguinSalsa
Nov 10, 2009
We're working for a Japanese company now, so let's run with it.

OPERATION SALARYMAN

Objectives:

A) Defend processing ships
B) Recon St. Lawrence island and the Alaskan shore
C) Assist SMARF if needed.

EMCON
SAAB radar and OECM on.
Radars off unless needed for targeting.

- All aircraft are to stay 70nm away from St. Lawrence Island at all times.

Interference
Aircraft: Prowler (5x Jammers)
Orders: Launch first. Move to point Marley and jam any radars on St. Lawrence island.

Recon Southern Lights
Aircraft: MQ-9 (Gorgon stare)
Orders: Follow Recon route and 1) Scout St. Lawrence island 2) Identify surface vessels 3) Scout Port Clarence
4) Loiter in patrol area Hansei until mission ends..

Recon Northern Lights
Aircraft 2x Mirages (2x Rafael recon pod), 2x Kfir (Opher + FLIR pod)
Orders: Fly north, passing over Diomedes island and return when they reach the northern edge of Keizen.
All radars on. (The Rafael is a radar pod, might as well...)

Support
Aircraft: S-100B, KC-135R, VC-10.K4
Orders: Orbit Support point. Provide AWACS and fuel.

Sea Patrol Kaizen
Aircraft: 5x Tornados (2 Sea Eagles each), Atlantique (2x Exocet)
Orders: Patrol area Kaizen. Atlantique visually identifies surface vessels and aircraft.
Tornados engage confirmed hostile vessels that crosses the border, prioritizing Skjolds.

CAP Kaizen
2x F-16s (AMRAAMS), 2x Gripen (4x Meteors)
Orders: Patrol area Kaizen.
'
Sea Patrol Hansei
Aircraft: 5x Tornados (2 Sea Eagles each), 2x AMXs (2x Mavericks)
Orders: Patrol area Hansei. AMXs intercept and identify surface vessels that have not been identified by the MQ-9.
Tornados engage confirmed hostile vessels that crosses the border, prioritizing Skjolds.

CAP Hansei
Aircraft: 2x F-16s (AMRAAMS). 2x Gripen (4x Meteors)
Orders: Patrol area Hansei

Backup
Aircraft: 4x Gripens (4x RBS-15s + Meteors)
Stand by at Provd on Alert 15. If SMARF requests assistance, launch and move to point Kaiju to assist them.

Edit: If we want to go after the Mamba we should probably use all available SDBs as well as everything else that outranges it (storm shadows).
I'm still not convinced or sure of what to do but we need to either give it our full attention to ensure success or work around it.

PenguinSalsa fucked around with this message at 02:38 on May 31, 2017

perfluorosapien
Aug 15, 2015

Oven Wrangler
Half-rear end looks good to me. Is the S100 at I-SPY?

Bacarruda
Mar 30, 2011

Mutiny!?! More like "reinterpreted orders"
The sound and the Fury!

Velius
Feb 27, 2001
Are any of the late war IJN/IJA airframes post-dated to 1946? I'd suggest choosing one of those if possible, I'm sure our employers would appreciate it.

Jimmy4400nav
Apr 1, 2011

Ambassador to Moonlandia

yurtcradled posted:

Half-rear end looks good to me. Is the S100 at I-SPY?

It is indeed!

David Corbett
Feb 6, 2008

Courage, my friends; 'tis not too late to build a better world.
Hmm. I'm leaning towards frostbite on the concept that it is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission; while going outside of our orders might anger Mitsuhashi, killing that Mamba really increases our operational freedom and will simplify any further missions for us. Malicious compliance might normally be a good (or at least satisfying) way to deal with micromanaging bosses, it's a bad idea to do so if it gets us killed. A certain degree of flexibility in military operations is central to the western military doctrine anyway, and if they didn't want that, they wouldn't have hired us.

orcbuster
May 17, 2017

OPERATION HOT'N BOTHERED

STRATEGIC OBJECTIVES (in order of importance):

-Protect own assets
This is our only real Strategic objective in this theater. It is important that everyone understands that all other objectives are support objectives to this one.

OPERATIONAL OBJECTIVES (in order of importance)

-Remain in 100% control of own territory with no violations of our borders.
-Retaliate if our borders are violated
-Destroy enemy long range SAM capabilities
-Destroy enemy long range strike capabilities
-Destroy enemy Aircraft assets
-Destroy enemy naval assets
-Avoid violating US airspace
-Keep an eye on Iceberg and Natives bases.

ROE AND FLIGHT RESTRICIONS:

-Any unit opening fire on our operations are to be regarded as hostile and may be fired upon regardless of location.
-Any identified Iceberg or native naval or air assets outside BLACK ZONE are to be regarded as hostile and will be fired upon.
-Unless fired upon by units operating from within US borders we are NOT to violate US territorial waters. IF fired upon we are to answer but only units that have fired upon us.
-Under no circumstances shall any aircraft cross into US territory
-All other locations are free fly zones.
-OECM = ON, Radars = OFF (*except for the F-4s, flight HOTEL JULIET, the Atlantique and the Argus)

AREAS OF OPERATION

GREEN ZONE: Our primary AO. This is an area we need to keep clean at any cost and where the majority of our efforts will be concentrated. Any Iceberg or Native corp operating here will be wiped off the map
RED ZONE: Although not having similar priority, substantial effort will be concentrated in this zone as well. Rules are the same as in Green zone.
BLACK ZONE: Do not engage anything in this zone unless fired upon by units operating in this area. No fly zone.
PINK ZONE: Our biggest worry for this op is the mamba battery operating on st lawrence island. It is critical that we get rid of this threat to us ASAP or it will keep taunting us untill untill we do.
PURPLE ZONE: Denote RED ZONE CAP area
ORANGE ZONE: Denotes GREEN ZONE CAP area
BLUE ZONE: Denotes our AWACS patrol zone
WHITE ZONE: Denotes our MPA patrol zone
BROWN ZONE: Denotes FOREPLAY phase area of assembly and ECM patrol zone
GOLD ZONE: No fly zone in FOREPLAY PHASE and TROJAN PHASE.

OPERATIONAL TIMELINE:

Our operation is divided into two phases: One initial and two alternate second ones

PHASE FOREPLAY:

-SQUEALER, MAGIC WAND, PEEPER, STALKER, LASH, CALLGIRL and OGLER take off in that order and proceed to BROWN ZONE holding an altitude of no more than 300 ft and with no radar or ECM emitting for the entire flight unless engaged. GOLD ZONE is a strict no fly zone.

-From here: altitude can be at any height

-CALLGIRL will proceed to ORANGE ZONE to provide CAP

-SQUEALER will remain and fire up her ECM

-MAGIC WAND will proceed to BLUE ZONE and start emitting at high altitude

-OGLER will proceed to fly low towards PINK ZONE untill either a RADAR or MAMBA is spotted.If fired upon they will turn around

-LASH will proceed to engage any RADAR EMITTER or MAMBA BATTERY with all their ordnance

-If LASH manage to take out either all long range RADAR EMITTERS or the MAMBA BATTERY or if we fail to detect any long range RADAR EMITTERS we Proceed to PHASE BALLS DEEP. If they fail at both we proceed to PHASE TROJAN. LASH use any remaining munition to target BASE 2 airstrip.

PHASE TROJAN:

-Remaining flights launch, same Proceedure as PHASE FOREPLAY. Proceed to BROWN ZONE. GOLD ZONE is still a strict no fly zone:

-PEEPER and STALKER will proceed to patrol the GREEN ZONE.

-OGLER will proceed to patrol RED ZONE.

-SYBIAN and FLESHLIGHT will proceed to provide CAP in ORANGE ZONE

-LASH Will rearm with SDBs and proceed to again attack the same targets in the PINK ZONE.

-HOTEL JULIET will patrol RED zone, engaging any naval threats

-BRAVO JULIET will patrol GREEN zone, engaging any naval threats

-PURDY will proceed to provide CAP in PURPLE ZONE

-MISSIONARY will strike unprotected naval targets in the GREEN ZONE

-AREOLA proceed to be on standby wast of the GREEN ZONE

-NIPPLE proceed to be on standby north of RED ZONE

-THROB proceeds to patrol ORANGE zone

PHASE BALLS DEEP:

-SAME as PHASE TROJAN, except assembly at BROWN ZONE is no longer needed and GOLD ZONE is no longer a no fly zone.

-STALKER proceeds to PINK ZONE to survey it.

-CALLGIRL rearm with meteor loadout and proceed to provide CAP in ORANGE ZONE

FLIGHTS

SQUEALER Flight

-1x EA-6B Prowler
Full ECM loadout

PEEPER flight

-1x MQ-9 reaper
gorgon stare

STALKER flight

1x Sperwer

LASH flight

-4x Gripens
Litening pod
2x IRIS-T
8 x SDB l
3x Drop tanks

Rearm with

2x IRIS-T
4x Meteor
Drop tank

MAGIC WAND Flight

-1x Saab S 100B

SYBIAN flight

-4x F-16 Peace Xenia III

2x IRIS-T
4x AIM-120C-7 AMRAAM
2x drop tanks
2x conformal tanks

HOTEL-JULIET Flight

-5x Tornados

2x Sea Eagles
2x IRIS-T
Chaff flare pod
Sky shadow
2x drop tanks

BRAVO JULIET Flight

-5x Tornados

2x Sea Eagles
2x IRIS-T
Chaff flare pod
Sky shadow
2x drop tanks

PURDY Flight

-6x F-4E Phantom II - Greek

4x AMRAAM
4x AIM-9L
3x drop tanks

CALLGIRL flight

-4x Gripens
2x IRIS-T
4x Meteor
Drop tank

OGLER flight

-2x Mirage F.1CR

Barax NG DECM Pod
Rafael Recon Pod (SLAR)
2x drop tanks
chaff

MISSIONARY flight

-2x AMX A.11

2x sidewinders
2x Mavericks
2x droptanks

FLESHLIGHT flight

-4x Kfir C.10

2x Derby
2x Python 5
droptank

THROB flight

BR.1150 Atlantique

NIPPLE Flight

KC-135 Tanker

AREOLA flight

VC10.K4

orcbuster fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Jun 1, 2017

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

David Corbett posted:

Hmm. I'm leaning towards frostbite on the concept that it is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission

I think in context this is a particularly bad concept to go by.

E: At the same time, getting fired and picking a better employer might not be that bad.

Night10194 fucked around with this message at 02:44 on May 31, 2017

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
Currently preferring Half-rear end, although leaving the Mamba alive is scary I don't like the reports from simulation about engaging it. Let's just run this mission by the numbers and give a good first impression to the new bosses.

Also I looked up the Iris-T and that is a cool loving missile.

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

Velius posted:

Are any of the late war IJN/IJA airframes post-dated to 1946? I'd suggest choosing one of those if possible, I'm sure our employers would appreciate it.

I believe Indonesia used some Zeros.

Nick Esasky
Nov 10, 2009
My argument is that we can deal with living on the deck for one mission so we can get intel on St. Lawrence and what kind of buddies the Mamba has so that we can properly plan to kill it. Just farting off SDBs immediately isn't going to work very well if it isn't helpfully emitting to give us a location on it. Heck, for all we know, the thing might've been fried by the EMP.

Quinntan
Sep 11, 2013
I believe the testing was with some ridiculous french 400km range radar nearby. If the battery is dependent on its own radar for target spotting, it becomes a lot easier to take it out.

orcbuster
May 17, 2017

If radar is gone then we're safe. If they have AWACS it becomes our number one priority to take down.

orcbuster fucked around with this message at 03:35 on May 31, 2017

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
I'll take the SU17M3

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Slaan posted:

I'll take the SU17M3

No, you pick a plane from 1945-1955 to pilot into thunderdome, then our order in that determines which of those planes we pick.

Weak! It's actually not terrible! Perfidious non-fun-having optimizer!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orcbuster
May 17, 2017

Now remember, before you pick a poo poo plane
ask yourself this

Does it have napalm and what effect would that have on ted nugents skin.