Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DrunkenScoper
Jun 10, 2013
Voting Klaus and Petersen because the JAS-39C gives us a great mix of capabilities and affordability. It's 49% cheaper in terms of cost per flight hour than the F-16 block 40/50, it's NATO compatible, can refuel from a tanker, and it's designed for ease of maintenance. It provides us with a good precision strike/air superiority platform, and the Sk 60Bs can be used in the light CAS/COIN role. The package also comes with an AEW&C aircraft, so our fighters can be guided in on targets with their radars off, which is great for starting out. We're also less likely to be jumped unaware if we have radar overwatch up. A couple of Hinds and 3-4 Mi-8MTs from the Ivanov brothers would be a good future buy so we can provide services across the whole spectrum of aerial warfare for our customers. The Hinds are good attack helicopters with limited troop transport space, and the Mi-8MTs/Mi-17s are great transport helicopters that can also mount a huge number of rockets and some pretty capable 20mm gun pods, so we could use them for everything from mine perimeter security contracts to ground attack.

I'll jump on the Hired Goons bandwagon.

I'd like to fly a Gripen, callsign Scoper.

Edit: The BK-90s we're getting as part of the starting package give us some really good standoff capability. They don't replace proper anti-radiation missiles like the AGM-88, but at least our fighters don't have to be right on top of the SAM/AAA site to kill it.

DrunkenScoper fucked around with this message at 09:46 on Mar 30, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU