Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

Ytlaya posted:

Wow, it's sorta like a politics/economics-focused version of Eripsa.

isn't eripsa somehow successful with getting large # of followers online who doesn't understand any of the poo poo he's trying to say (because he himself doesn't understand it) but sound smart?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes

OwlFancier posted:

Robots can't own things.

tbf once they are sentient and stuff they can

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes

OwlFancier posted:

I'm not sure you invented the idea of robot overlords.

Sapience is not, historically, a guarantee of being allowed to own things.

yeah but it's only a matter of time until the scotus defines them as persons and they can run for president and poo poo

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes

OwlFancier posted:

I don't think I want to see what a machine intelligence would produce as an election-winning vehicle.

maybe we'll have turing locks codified into law to prevent them from ever getting advanced enough to pass a turing test

• Locked thread