Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!

Ytlaya posted:

Wow, it's sorta like a politics/economics-focused version of Eripsa.

Was thinking the same thing. Guess we'll see if this brings him back out of the woodwork.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

stone cold posted:

i liked this thread better when it was run by eripsa

Let's not say things we can't take back.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

rudatron posted:

Yeah yeah yeah, automated economy, whatever.

Here's the real question: when can shitposting be automated?

How do you think Dare constantly registers all those accounts?

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Sage Grimm posted:

Uh, no? IIRC he was basically a minor part of the blockchain community that his business partners were trying to create.

Yeah, he was involved tangentially with Synero for a while, which he now downplays because of how hilariously it's crashed and burned.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Before any other regulars chime in, I'd like to repeat something I proposed back in the Polytopolis thread: some of us have danced this dance with Eripsa more than once and it usually follows the same steps. As such, I suggest we refrain from debating for at least five pages or so and let people who haven't dealt with his ideas before have a crack at it, and see where things go. I hypothesize that we will see a similar thread progression, which will lend evidence that it's the substance* of what he posts that makes these threads turn out the way they do, not some cadre of jackals who intentionally misread/misunderstand him.

Also, sorry Yuli Ban but your thread is about to spin completely out of your control. If it's any consolation, you didn't really have much worth talking about to begin with.

Captain_Maclaine fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Apr 1, 2017

• Locked thread