Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Dark Id
Aug 13, 2005

Why
you
know
I
LOVE
THIS SHIT !!!!
[citation needed]
Episode LV-2: Team

OK. As funny as it would be to murder Adam then shrug and leave before rescuing 9S, let’s do this properly. If you’re wondering, Adam’s body evaporated immediately after his death cutscene ends. Sorry. No t-bagging his corpse in victory following the battle. 9S, however...

9S...
2B...

Come on. Let’s go home.
*smiles and nods*

And so the missing 9S is recovered and with it end Chapter 8 of NieR: Automata. This also marks the end of any relevance the Copied City had to the plot. Yeah, it’s just a cool looking lead up to a boss arena for a final battle against the humanity obsessed Adam. That’s it! Tune in next time as the machines learn expand their horizons by getting deep into theological debates. What's the worst that could go wrong? NieR: Automata continues soon...

Video: Chapter 8 Ending

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Nice snipe.

I do wish they used Copied City more though, but alas.

KamikazePotato
Jun 28, 2010
The Copied City is unfortunately underutilized. Gave us some cool music though!

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

Ukokira posted:

It was the first non standard ending I got. I saw an item in the distance and ran over to grab it since getting 9S seemed like a very fast way out of there and not get that item.

Cue having to do the Adam fight all over again.

Hah, that's what you get for not being totally 100% immersed. When you finally recover your boy toy, you run to him. You're not concerned with shiny objects in the distance.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

I think Adam just proved to us that Ironman runs are stupid.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

Speedball posted:

I think Adam just proved to us that Ironman runs are stupid.

Sure, succeeding at them is quite satisfying, but failing them tends to hamper your fun.

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
If you think about it, aren't we all iron manning life?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Sindai posted:

If you think about it, aren't we all iron manning life?

You haven't found a save point yet? Did you skip the tutorial?

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

Bruceski posted:

You haven't found a save point yet? Did you skip the tutorial?

I think he probably (like me) forgot the tutorial...

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Geez, go to the pause menu before you get hurt. There's no achievement for ironmanning life and you don't want to have to start this poo poo over. The grind is brutal.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
Protip: All those stats are completely pointless. Just convert all your character points into G so you start filthy rich.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

The arena turns into another infinite fight zone if you're into that sort of thing.

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
https://twitter.com/bilalfarooqui/status/887025375754166272

Life imitates art.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

The Dark Id posted:

OK. As funny as it would be to murder Adam then shrug and leave before rescuing 9S, let’s do this properly. If you’re wondering, Adam’s body evaporated immediately after his death cutscene ends. Sorry. No t-bagging his corpse in victory following the battle. 9S, however...

Am I the only one that's thinking that this is a fakeout and Adam isn't actually dead?

Actually, thinking about this some more, this may actually be it for None Wang Angel on route A. Now, anyone believing this is the end of Adam's contributions to the plot in all routes, I have a tower in Pisa I'd like to sell to you.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Oh boy, my favorite section is coming up :dance:

apocalypticCritic
Mar 19, 2014

SirPhoebos posted:

I've been listening to a particular song a lot over the last few days. I am ready for the next part.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!

iospace posted:

Nice snipe.

I do wish they used Copied City more though, but alas.

..quiet edit for possible spoilers

Sage Grimm fucked around with this message at 14:47 on Jul 18, 2017

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

SirPhoebos posted:

Yeah. I can see why you like it so much. It's pretty much divine.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I'm aware.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!

iospace posted:

I'm aware.

I'm agreeing with you, albeit in a poorly written post. :)

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

I like to think that at some point it squealed out "THIS. CANNOT. CONTINUE." before plunging into the pool.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Begemot posted:

I honestly don't get all the hatred of 9S :confused:

He's a racist little turd. Also for reasons TDI has yet to cover.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Sage Grimm posted:

I'm agreeing with you, albeit in a poorly written post. :)

Yes, but it's a spoiler.

pulsor93
Mar 3, 2015

chiasaur11 posted:

He did say this game had a happy ending.
Though he never said who the ending would be happy for.

chiasaur11 posted:

"If a man has you entirely at his mercy, then hope like hell that man is an evil man. Because the evil like power, power over people, and they want to see you in fear. They want you to know you're going to die. So they'll talk. They'll gloat.

They'll watch you squirm. They'll put off the moment of murder like another man will put off a good cigar.

So hope like hell your captor is an evil man. A good man will kill you with hardly a word.”
I always thought this line was stupid. The good man may be willing to listen to reason, and work with you.
The evil man may choose to gloat and smoke WHILE evicerrating you.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Malachite_Dragon posted:

What is your obsession with calling him racist? All Yorha androids are designed to wage a war of extermination against the machines so if you are going to call him racist then that means that everything on the planet besides Pascal's village is racist as well.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Hunt11 posted:

What is your obsession with calling him racist? All Yorha androids are designed to wage a war of extermination against the machines so if you are going to call him racist then that means that everything on the planet besides Pascal's village is racist as well.

The Resistance camp has been trading with Pascal's village for parts and the like for who knows how long :v: So clearly, not everyone is racist. So I will continue calling a racist a racist.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Malachite_Dragon posted:

The Resistance camp has been trading with Pascal's village for parts and the like for who knows how long :v: So clearly, not everyone is racist. So I will continue calling a racist a racist.

So when are you going to start calling 2B or the rest of yorha racist?

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Hunt11 posted:

So when are you going to start calling 2B or the rest of yorha racist?
The rest of Yorha is racist while 2B appears to be entirely indifferent at this point.

There, I called them racist. Now drop this stupid argument and let us go back to jokingly calling 9S our garbage racist son.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Parts used to wage war against every machine that isn't "one of the good ones" like Pascal.

apocalypticCritic
Mar 19, 2014

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Not taking sides, but I am going to point out that the Resistance camp is not YorHa, technically. Not all androids are YorHa.

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.
Is it fair to berate 9S for racism when he was literally programmed to be like that? It's not like he had any say on it.

If anything he seemed to be getting better after actually interacting with machines.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

When they are clearly capable of re-assessing their personal opinions on things as happened when they encountered Pascal et al, yes.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
So the actual final boss is Eve, who realizes that loss is the essential element of humanity and shares it with everyone?

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Frionnel posted:

Is it fair to berate anyone for racism if they were literally raised to be like that? It's not like they had any say on it.

it's me, i'm making real world analogies to video games

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

it's me, i'm making real world analogies to video games

Fair, but i consider being actually programmed a step up from that.

Malachite_Dragon posted:

When they are clearly capable of re-assessing their personal opinions on things as happened when they encountered Pascal et al, yes.

I mean, that's the impression i got, that he was slowly re-assessing his personal opinions. Or at least having the decency to stay quiet about them. Id actually pointed out the weird disconnect where he seems to regress when we go back to the main plot.

KamikazePotato
Jun 28, 2010

Malachite_Dragon posted:

You've made a ton of posts trying to get people to hate 9S and it's getting kind of weird. You've played the game, they haven't, let them come to their own conclusions about characters. Saying "I hate 9S for reasons that haven't been covered" creates some expectations.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

So does 9S fall off the rods that are pinning him to the wall, or does he teleport from there to the ground? I expect him to be a bit more banged up, though he clearly can't walk in his current condition.

And do they ever hint where all the other YoRHa androids come from in the Copied City? It seems really crowded for being at the bottom of an inaccessible elevator.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Its just Adam's anime doll collection.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Frionnel posted:

Is it fair to berate 9S for racism when he was literally programmed to be like that? It's not like he had any say on it.

If anything he seemed to be getting better after actually interacting with machines.

He also hates machines to pretty much the exact same extent as any other android shown. We just get to see him talk more often since the only character with more screentime is quiet and grumpy and mostly feels the same way. The times where 9S does wonder what the machines might be actually thinking/feeling are themselves cutoff by 2B reminding him that they're killbots with no real emotions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Jet Jaguar posted:

So does 9S fall off the rods that are pinning him to the wall, or does he teleport from there to the ground? I expect him to be a bit more banged up, though he clearly can't walk in his current condition.

And do they ever hint where all the other YoRHa androids come from in the Copied City? It seems really crowded for being at the bottom of an inaccessible elevator.

Adam is really dedicated to creating a certain ambiance.

• Locked thread