Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

That last bit has gotten me thinking about how the Major would deal with being thrown in a Yoko Taro game. Can't say I imagine it would end well, although I suppose that's sort of a given.

Well it's not like GitS was super happy fun times to begin with. Season 2 in particular ends on a pretty sour note.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Hope your kids ok Id.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

That last bit has gotten me thinking about how the Major would deal with being thrown in a Yoko Taro game. Can't say I imagine it would end well, although I suppose that's sort of a given.

While I don't know if Taro was involved in the project, Cavia did make a GitS game and it did not, in fact, end well.

Zagglezig
Oct 16, 2012
I know the DLC was apparently rushed out, but it's pretty weird that they didn't enable the hair dye for 9S.

The Dark Id posted:

9S has to deal with five ways of Level 25 enemies.

GeminiSun
Feb 16, 2011

really queer Christmas posted:

Hope your kids ok Id.

Same from me. Food poisoning is a bad time.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.
Just to be clear, the Dark Kid's eyes didn't start glowing red at any point, right?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

it was probably just mackrel

RandomMagus
May 3, 2017

The Dark Id posted:

GRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH! Phew, feels good to flex your lungs sometimes!
Do Androids even have lungs? How many organs have they got?

The Dark Id posted:

needs a way to blow of some steam, am I right?
Also spotted this.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Nervous posted:

Just to be clear, the Dark Kid's eyes didn't start glowing red at any point, right?

I am sure Dark ID is a good enough dad to help guide away his children from being watcher puppets.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
The Darling Kids: The Watchers! Lalala!
The Dark Id: *furiously dances and rings bells in time with disjointed orchestral music, all the while glaring ominously*

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Probably depends on which version of the Major is involved, but my money would be on "ending up being the red hologram girls"

Ursine Catastrophe fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Jan 9, 2018

David Corbett
Feb 6, 2008

Courage, my friends; 'tis not too late to build a better world.

Nervous posted:

Leave not the watchers unrefrigerated for two hours or greater

Magil of Shadow
Dec 28, 2009

Proposal: Form a friendly relationship immediately.

"You have GOT to be kidding me"

David Corbett posted:

Leave not the watchers unrefrigerated for two hours or greater

Microwave not the Watchers

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Cook not the Watchers to an internal temperature lower than 140oF

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

Eat not the Watcher’s seafood.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
Consume not the Watchers when they are blue.

Treuan
Jun 30, 2011

Go have some COFFEE with CREAM or something! Because I'll tell you something! This is a happy place!
LaLaLaLa

LaLaLaLa

The Watchers, they bake!

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

Probably depends on which version of the Major is involved

Yeah, I guess so. Although if we're assuming it follows the plot of this game, she'd die around the halfway point and you'd spend the rest of the game playing as Batou which could be pretty fun honestly.

Please note that I'm not implying that 9S is anywhere as cool as Batou, and this will remain so until the former does the urinal thing. You know what I'm talking about.

Skylight
Nov 25, 2011

DIE TO THE DEATH!
SENTANCE TO DEATH!
GREAT EQUALIZER IS THE DEATH!

Ground not the Watchers.
Restrict not the Watchers' TV time.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Make sure not to show love that crushes like a mace.

Moochewmoo
May 13, 2009
I'm a huge dumb dumb

Moochewmoo fucked around with this message at 12:45 on Jan 10, 2018

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
This isn’t the thread in games, friend

Moochewmoo posted:

I just finished this and God damnit I have a million questions that the game didn't seem ready to answer. But I'm also missing a poo poo ton of Intel reports so maybe that will fill in gaps.

Going to tag my poo poo anyways because manners.

Moochewmoo
May 13, 2009
I'm very lost and very sorry. Sorry to poo poo up the thread.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Moochewmoo posted:

I'm very lost and very sorry. Sorry to poo poo up the thread.

No worries friendo. A lot of people poo poo it up worse already. At least you bothered with spoiler tags.

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Being alive is pretty much a constant stream of embarrassment.
Fun Shoe
It's good to know that even while everything concerning the flying dragon, crazed abomination, and giant fighting over the skies of Tokyo before being shot down by jet fighters, the spread of White Chlorination syndrome, and the gradual quarantine of Japan that would eventually fail and end humanity, Capcom still found the time to release Resident Evil 4. Humanity never getting to experience the sublime masterpiece that is RE4 would have been a greater tragedy than any of the apocalypses that have happened since.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

AndwhatIseeisme posted:

It's good to know that even while everything concerning the flying dragon, crazed abomination, and giant fighting over the skies of Tokyo before being shot down by jet fighters, the spread of White Chlorination syndrome, and the gradual quarantine of Japan that would eventually fail and end humanity, Capcom still found the time to release Resident Evil 4. Humanity never getting to experience the sublime masterpiece that is RE4 would have been a greater tragedy than any of the apocalypses that have happened since.

Resident Evil 4 was actually the cause of the spread of White Chlorination. The fact that a game about people turning into red-eyed abominations ending humanity would have been ironic if anyone was left alive to realize it.

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006

The Dark Id posted:

What, ya godda problem with the way I talk? I studied a relic of ancient civilization and apparently this is how merchants communicate, alright? What’s that? You highly doubt it!? Look, I only just started out, okay? I’m still tryin’ ta get the hang of this!

hold the gently caress up, is this an actual ingame quote

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

MadBimber posted:

hold the gently caress up, is this an actual ingame quote

Yep. I cracked up when I got to that part myself.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
So I was going over the Job stories for characters from SinoAlice and I came across Emil's job story since he was added in due to a collab.

Skiddly bop, doo doo doo, diddly doo, skiddly boo, doodle loo dadadoo… Skiddly doo, biddly loo, hah hah hah, hah hah, bee bop skiddly doo…

Cha chacha, toodly too, skadda bah, whatta dah, la la la… Whew dew dew, biddly bop, doo wop, doo wop…

Every bop’s a boo, every ski’s a ska, doo doo doo doo doo, doo doo doo duh dew… Every boo’s a bop, every bop’s a boo, zow duh dew dew, zow duh dow dow dow… Every zop’s a zoo, boppidy boppidy boo, doo doo doo doo, whoppa diddy dah dee dow…

Ziggy dah dee zoo, hup hup doo duh dew, zappa skiddly doo, scat scat scat… Yeah!

Mad Surge
Oct 5, 2010

Beautiful. Perfect. Once again, Top Boy demonstrates how he makes everything better just by being there :3:

Qrr
Aug 14, 2015

I don't understand that story - in what part of it was someone killed, maimed, or emotionally wrecked? I'm pretty sure you can't have a 4 line collectible story without any of that, it's one of the laws of physics.

Ubiquitous_
Nov 20, 2013

by Reene

InfinityComplex posted:

So I was going over the Job stories for characters from SinoAlice and I came across Emil's job story since he was added in due to a collab.

Skiddly bop, doo doo doo, diddly doo, skiddly boo, doodle loo dadadoo… Skiddly doo, biddly loo, hah hah hah, hah hah, bee bop skiddly doo…

Cha chacha, toodly too, skadda bah, whatta dah, la la la… Whew dew dew, biddly bop, doo wop, doo wop…

Every bop’s a boo, every ski’s a ska, doo doo doo doo doo, doo doo doo duh dew… Every boo’s a bop, every bop’s a boo, zow duh dew dew, zow duh dow dow dow… Every zop’s a zoo, boppidy boppidy boo, doo doo doo doo, whoppa diddy dah dee dow…

Ziggy dah dee zoo, hup hup doo duh dew, zappa skiddly doo, scat scat scat… Yeah!

Emil needs to perform this in Nier 3.

darkcaedus
Aug 24, 2013

Ubiquitous_ posted:

This is probably the plot outline for Nier 3.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

Ubiquitous_ posted:

Um, he already performs it in Nier 2.

Andyzero
May 22, 2009

I used to spoil, I'm sorry.

Qrr posted:

I don't understand that story - in what part of it was someone killed, maimed, or emotionally wrecked? I'm pretty sure you can't have a 4 line collectible story without any of that, it's one of the laws of physics.

Emil has, in fact, had all these happen to him.

Ubiquitous_
Nov 20, 2013

by Reene

ZiegeDame posted:

Um, he already performs it in Nier 2.

Even in scat form?? My mind is blown.

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe

Ubiquitous_ posted:

Even in scat form?? My mind is blown.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJnwWRuJR8w

related videos might have spoilers, watch at your own risk

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
The version so lovingly typed out for our pleasure starts at 2:19.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

http://polsy.org.uk/play/yt/?vurl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DEJnwWRuJR8w%26t%3D139s

No related videos and it starts at the right time. If you don't listen to this, you are the worst.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dark Id
Aug 13, 2005

Why
you
know
I
LOVE
THIS SHIT !!!!
[citation needed]
Episode CXLI: Bunny Hop

I was going to just do this all off-screen. But I figure it’s worth showing off since it’s kinda essential to the completion of the rest of the game’s extraneous content. Today we’re going to buff our androids to Level 99 because all of the high end post game content involves enemies at the level cap as well. There’s a few way to go about this, but there’s only really one smart way...

For today’s session, we’re going to be heading back to the Amusement Park zone with 9S. It doesn’t matter if it’s in Route B or C. We just need Nines to be taking the lead as playable character.

Music: Amusement Park (Vocal)

Ahead of the mission, we’re gonna need to do a bit of prep work with our Plug-in Chip loadouts. To make this go fastest, we’re gonna need to make two dedicated configurations. The first should be one that ups our physical damage output and lowers the Pod Program cooldown time. The latter is the more important of the two. It’s possible to halve the cooldown time of Pod Programs via chips all told.

Our second chip loadout consists entirely of chips that buff XP gain and maybe item drop for flavor. It’s pretty easy to cap out +100% experience gain via chips and have a ton of space to spare. Either way, we’re going to equip the damage dealing/Pod Program cooldown timer lowering loadout first.

As for Pod Programs, we’re going to be utilizing one I’ve rarely been a fan of myself – R040: Blade. This Pod Program is actually the highest DPS of anything in the game... assuming it’s a stationary target that stays exact at ground level at all times. We’ll just toss that on any old Pod and head on out to our destination...

...The main square of the Amusement Park. It was quite the scene first venturing into this area. There’s one feature of this area that is a bit of an anomaly: The giant golden bunny mascot statue. No, there’s no hidden laboratory slotting an emblem at its base or anything like that. What’s odd about it is that...

...It reacts to being attacked. Well, it doesn’t react. More like weapon strikes react to hitting it. No other environmental object in the game does that. The YoRHa androids’ weapons will readily clip through the inverse during combat. But not this thing. It’s even possible to land critical hits on it (which causes action to stop for a split second and a satisfying sound to occur.) Hmm.

So if you’re having a hard time guessing: this isn’t actually a statue. It never was a statue. This thing is a weirdo machine lifeform playing possum. The trouble is that this is a Level 80 machine lifeform in disguise. One which has the highest single pool of HP of any enemy in the game. It’s also the best source of experience by a landslide. The trouble is... actually destroying the thing. Being the low end of Level 60 taking on something 15+ levels higher than ourselves would be a tall order even if this wasn’t a hidden super enemy.

That’s where the Blade Pod Program comes in. I mentioned early that it is the highest damage per second of any attack in the game... assuming it’s a stationary target at ground level. Welp... I think this punches that ticket. What we’re going to need to do is to charge up a Level 3 Blade Pod Program and... just kinda camp here letting its do its thing. Then charge and repeat.

It is uhh... it’s gonna take like 10-15 minutes. No, there is not an easier way to do this. Just stick with me here... We’ve got to drain this enemy’s HP to 90% before it... Well...

Music: The Sound of the End (Vocal)

Ngh... Die!
Proposal: Defeat the giant machine lifeform.
Why y’all swingin’ at cute ol’ me now!? Ain’t you androids got no respect what fer livin’ things!? Fer cryin’ out loud, when it comes to cute, I’m the goldurn BOSS’a cute, ya hear!?

Now that the Amusement Park Rabbit has “awakened” and is quite pissed, this whole process gets a lot simpler. In gameplay terms, the golden bunny machine is a hugely oversized Stubby with a unique energy orb firing attack using its trumpet. None of its abilities are particularly hard to evade but they all do HURT if they connect, given the 17 Level difference between 9S and the enemy.

But that’s why we brought 9S in the first place. A2 or 2B can beat this thing in combat... sure... That is a thing you could possible do at this point. It’d probably take about half an hour of your life with no tangible benefit other than saying that you did it. Go you! That could be done or...

9S can just hack the thing. In fact, 9S hacking it is what makes this such a good source of experience points to begin with so it’s actively a way worse idea to fight thing enemy normally. I have no idea how hacking experience is calculated. Zero of that is documented anywhere. But it’s partially based on 9S’s currently level and the enemy’s level. Hacking this thing one time gets us more experience in a single go than all most of the Route C boss fights.

And it’s even more once we swap in that Plug-in chip configuration that buffs XP gain we set-up earlier. At Level 64 (starting at 63 he leveled up from the hacking) it took 9S three hack sessions to successfully destroy the Amusement Park Rabbit.

Doing so shot him up five levels to Level 69. Nice. Yeah... destroying that thing one time yields more XP every Route C boss combined. Sure, it took like 20 minutes to take it out... this time. But now we’re six levels higher from where we started.

At this point, we can save the game, reload and the rabbit respawns. We’ve got to go through the same rigmarole in waking it up again with Blade Pod program. But with those new levels it only takes like five minutes to wake it up and repeat the process. Then three... then two... then by a few more shots just using a Level 3 Blade once it’ll be enough to wake up and reap the easy experience gain.

Likewise, 9S’s hacking attempts will eventually only drop to two sessions. And then one will one-shot it. By that point the hacking will be giving us more EXP than actually killing it.

Fun fact: This used to be WAY easier to do to the point it is one of the sole things patched out in all versions of the game. On launch, it was possible to return to Route B with 9S back when the Amusement Park was far more active.

There, 9S could hack one of the numerous friendly machines going around celebrating in the square. Since they’re all neutral machine lifeforms by default, 9S can just hijack ‘em without any problem. From there, it was possible to trot over a hijacked Stubby and immediately target the Amusement Park Bunny for Hacking. Since hacking damage is percentage based, it still only took like 3-4 hacks to destroy the thing, even if 9S was only in his 30s Level wise.

So... kinda busted. Not that this method isn’t either it’s just... there’s about an extra half hour of dicking around to get the results we want with the whole waking up the Golden Bunny business to start the hacking cheese train. Anyway, in all this took maybe 40 minutes to jump from Level 63 to the level cap of Level 99. But hey, that’s one thing off the checklist of post-game completion.

What I am definitely going to go do off-screen is round up our weapon upgrade completion status. Really, there’s not much to grind out there. Most of the stuff is purchasable at stores or we’ve got a decent stockpile. Really, the only particular issue is a mess of Beast Hides for basic level upgrades. Unfortunately, those are semi-common drops from any boar or moose that is slain. Shouldn’t take too long to sort that ou—

SWEET JESUS, I FORGOT ALL THE ANIMALS SCALED WITH YOUR CURRENT LEVEL! Ffff—

Video: Amusement Park Rabbit Fight

Amusement Park Concept Art – Remember the simpler times of machine lifeform productions of Shakespeare plays? It all seems so long ago...

• Locked thread