Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Electromax
May 6, 2007
The Black Spot sequence was one of the more disturbing ones for me in the book. Saw a little clip of it in the trailer, too. Seems likely that it's based on real events outside of accidental bar/club fires but I kind of don't want to know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electromax
May 6, 2007

Timeless Appeal posted:

The ending of the miniseries also really falters because their stand against Pennywise in 1958 is just so much better. And you can't really do the same thing.

That's gonna be one of the challenges for the kid/adult movie split if the adult movie gets made. The two movies have nearly an identical climax, but with the adult one having more weird abstract placeless hallucinations of turtles. The battle in the sewer as kids could be great but they'll need to mix it up for the adult portion in some way to not basically have the same ending twice.

Electromax
May 6, 2007

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Why would a little girl even troll about that? There's nothing about that tweet that isn't deeply unsettling.

You're a long way from the middle school mentality.

Electromax
May 6, 2007

Matt Zerella posted:

Man, I really hope we get to see the big birb.

this guy gets it

Electromax
May 6, 2007

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

I don't mind that cover but the boat in the storm drain is really hard to beat

If that's the same one I have, it is a little goosebumps-y having green cartoon claws poking out of the drain. I wish it was more suggestive of yellow eyes or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electromax
May 6, 2007
We listened to that over the course of 4 8-hour trips from IL to NE and back, the reader is quite good but drat it's a long one.

• Locked thread