Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
They want something bigger, louder, with more teeth. And that’s what they get.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Think they will add the part where all the kids have an orgy in the sewers like Steven King envisioned?

http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/1640007-sex-scene-toward-the-end-of-it-warning-spoilers

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I rewatched the made for tv movies last night, its almost comically how ignorant and malevolent the common people of the town are. Like how no adults trust the kids and even that kid who the fat kid's family is living with saying that they only took them in because of their "Christian's duty". Its almost like the small town deserves to be preyed upon by a giant spider monster.

The second part gets so boring for me to watch. They go into the sewers with a sling shot? These are grown adults and they show them being kinda successful. They couldn't be bothered to bring any guns to hunt IT? Isn't one of them a cop too?

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
A slingshot is a weapon!

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Georgie would of been pulled into the sewers though, right? IT pulls a kid through a sewer pipe. Why does it leave the bodies of those 2 kids in the first place?

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Fart City posted:

Tell you what I'd like to see instead of Jason or Freddy

Jason vs Freddy PART TWO.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

I love this music video, take on me.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Hang on they are going to actually have the distasteful orgy in the sewer scene?

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

FreudianSlippers posted:

King was literally living in a trailer and barely making ends meet before he sold Carrie. I read a interview once where he said that if his wife had asked him to give up writing so he could focus on his his day job he would've done so without hesitation but she was extremely supportive and when he threw the manuscript for Carrie in the trash because he had lost faith in it she fished it out and convinced him to finish it.

I wonder what he was thinking about when he wrote the Secret Window.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
It was ok, but all they did was remake the movie with more teeth to sell more soda in a theater.

Odd school system, the 16 yr old kids go to the same school as the 10 yr olds.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

TheHoosier posted:

Absolutely amazing. I loved every second of it. I only had two minor complaints: It felt rushed in the second act. The Deadlights didn't really accomplish anything. I realize we can't have Bev go insane, so why not just do it to one of the bullies as a show of power? maybe they'll expand on it in chapter 2. overall I thought it was great. Go see it.

They had to cram in that they actually literally "float" also.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Mel Mudkiper posted:

little bothered they went for a oh no they kidnapped the love interest angle to set up the confrontation.

I thought it was a let down too. Even after they had basically a false ending where it seemed like it was all over. After the old house stuff, the movie literally just repeats itself again for another 30m. The movie theater was playing Nightmare on Elm Street also, ironic how they bad guy is basically the same thing as Freddy. Or at least they turned Pennywise into a Freddy clone.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Sep 9, 2017

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Disgusting Coward posted:

By the third time It ran towards someone while going BLARUGHRHAHAHAHARUGHABHAHAHAHRUGHA I was officially Bored.

Sadly this is what makes a horror movie now.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Deadulus posted:

Yeah at least they got the villain. The adult scenes are just terrible and so is the ending (they just kick Pennywise to death when he is in his spider form). Thank fully there are not many adult scenes.

They pull his monster spider heart out!

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

The Berzerker posted:

- All of the bullies were wasted opportunities. They crammed in a lot of stuff without earning it. Why is Henry Bowers trying to carve his name into Ben when it has been established that Ben is the new kid at school? We don't even see them interact once before that.

He was quickly working his way up in felonies.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Best dancing scene.

a new study bible! posted:

For real though, this movie is a fine adventure comedy, but it totally fails as a horror movie.

It did seem more actiony than the tv movie.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Other than the next movie, I have no urge to rewatch this remake. It just felt bad and did nothing special.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
They are really trying to start a hype train for this second movie.

• Locked thread