Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Horrible Taste
Oct 12, 2012

PriorMarcus posted:

I've got it from a reasonable source that the film version isn't running with the multiple forms. All the kids see Pennywise as a clown and that's it. No manifestation of children's fears or anything. Just a scary clown. The studio wants to create an iconic character for merchandising in less than two hours of run time, so gently caress making him appear in multiple forms.

That said, hes real form is still in this, but it's more like a Resident Evil mutated T-Rex spider than anything else.

There's been on-set pics of the Leper and theres even a glimpse of it chasing Eddie in the trailer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horrible Taste
Oct 12, 2012

Basebf555 posted:

Interesting, I haven't read Insomnia, I only know the basic outline of the story. I'd be curious how the Deadlights are described, I'm assuming King doesn't actually call them the Deadlights(in Insomnia)?

He actually does call them deadlights in Insomnia. Here's the description

Insomnia posted:

Then something above them opened, revealing darkness shot through with conflicting swirls and rays of color. The wind seemed to blow the Crimson King up toward it, like a leaf in a chimney-flue. The colors began to brighten, and Ralph turned his face away, raising one hand to shield his eyes. He understood that a conduit had opened between the level where he was and the unimaginable levels stacked above it; he also understood that if he looked for long into that brightening glow, those

(deadlights)

swirling colors, then death would be not the worst thing that could happen to him but the best. He did not just squeeze his eyes shut; he squeezed his mind shut.

• Locked thread