Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/326438-george-bush-after-inauguration-that-was-some-weird-s-t-report#.WN0YiYxHoqY.facebook

quote:

According to a new report by New York magazine, three people present at the event say they heard Bush say "That was some weird poo poo" after the swearing in ceremony concluded.
Ahead of the event, Bush's office said the couple is “pleased to be able to witness the peaceful transfer of power — a hallmark of American democracy — and swearing-in of President Trump and Vice President Pence.”

I agree

scott zoloft fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Mar 30, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord
I think Bush just realised who his successor is.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
LOL Bush is still probably the best living president to have a beer with.

Other Barry
Jun 5, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Because you would get to drink his beer too?

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

ive turned the corner

dubya owns

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
Bush sucks

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

SCROTO TURBOSPERG posted:

ive turned the corner

dubya owns

He a goofy guy

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Woah he's alive?

Quick somebody post the george w bush paintings.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

he’s a war criminal and an atrocious president

never forget

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010

Vegetable posted:

never forget

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
bush is a war criminal responsible for the deaths of hundreds of thousands and the displacement of millions

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
gently caress bush no I don't miss you yet

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Vegetable posted:

never forget

he was an atrocious president ironically

its okay if you dont get it. a lot of people dont understand simple nuance. :smuggo:

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
God bless.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

SHISHKABOB posted:

bush is a war criminal responsible for the deaths of hundreds of thousands and the displacement of millions

they really didnt understand nuance lol

Intrinsic Field Marshal
Sep 6, 2014

by SA Support Robot

SHISHKABOB posted:

and he still won a second term

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Intrinsic Field Marshal posted:

and he still won a second term

lmbo

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
You can say Obama is a bushwhacker.

wuffles
Apr 10, 2004

his presidency says more about us as a nation than it does about the man himself

he seems like an okay guy if he'd have just stopped his ambitions at "owns the Texas Rangers"

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
More than any modern president I think he was a victim of his advisors and I think you could tell that by the time his second term came around when Ashcroft resigned. I think he has significant guilt and regret for his military misadventures and that's why he's doing his book of paintings tour and donating all the money.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

new phone who dis posted:

More than any modern president I think he was a victim of his advisors and I think you could tell that by the time his second term came around when Ashcroft resigned. I think he has significant guilt and regret for his military misadventures and that’s why he’s doing his book of paintings tour and donating all the money.
if he feels so guilty he could apologize

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Vegetable posted:

if he feels so guilty he could apologize

There are a bunch of people who indirectly get thrown under the bus if he does that and it opens up a whole can of worms legally. Even Obama, who calls Libya his greatest regret, stops short of apologizing. Ultimately he seems to be doing what he feels he can within the context.

firebeats
May 8, 2016
in before someone posts the "Miss me yet/even a little bit?" memes

the answer is still no

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

SCROTO TURBOSPERG posted:

ive turned the corner

dubya owns

Bush may be a sweet simpleton, but he was the worst president imaginable.

http://www.alternet.org/news-amp-politics/50-reasons-you-despised-george-w-bushs-presidency-reminder-day-his-presidential

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

There are a bunch of people who indirectly get thrown under the bus if he does that and it opens up a whole can of worms legally. Even Obama, who calls Libya his greatest regret, stops short of apologizing. Ultimately he seems to be doing what he feels he can within the context.

can you elaborate.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

He's our sterling boy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgO1LUijb0k

Return Of JimmyJars
Jun 24, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Vegetable posted:

never forget

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

gw bush is awesome

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

I mean I hate bush and stuff but your imagination must not be very good if you think this.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

SHISHKABOB posted:

can you elaborate.

Sort of like how Japan is still canny about apologizing for WW2 stuff. There's a whole slew of possibilities opened up internationally if you admit complete culpability for something like that not limited to massive monetary judgments through the ICC.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCDadox_vYo

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

quote:

Reporters analyzing Bush’s record found that he took off 1,020 days in two four-year terms—more than one out of every three days. No other modern president comes close. Bush also set the record for the longest vacation among modern presidents—five weeks, the Washington Post noted.

Hell Yeah posted:

gw bush is awesome

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Sort of like how Japan is still canny about apologizing for WW2 stuff. There's a whole slew of possibilities opened up internationally if you admit complete culpability for something like that not limited to massive monetary judgments through the ICC.

i think germany should have to pay reparations to the catholic church for the fall of the western roman empire

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Pawn 17 posted:

Bush may be a sweet simpleton, but he was the worst president imaginable.

We both know that's not true anymore

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
Trump could be worse but to be honest we all knew he wasn't going to actually be president when he asked John Kerry or whoever to be his number 2 and basically said he be in charge of everything.

Unfortunately that dude denied his request and he appointed Bannon as grand vizier, but it's extremely obvious Trump does not give a poo poo

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Weak handshake

Power_of_the_glory
Feb 14, 2012
I swear if liberals start praising W I will vote Trump 2020 out of spite

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Arrhythmia posted:

We both know that's not true anymore

Trump is giving him a run for his money in just a couple months, but until he starts a few wars and tanks the economy, bush is still worse.

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Power_of_the_glory posted:

I swear if liberals start praising W I will vote Trump 2020 out of spite

They're rehabbing Cheney's image too, lol. Anyone who says maybe something bad about Trump is now super awesome even if they're a war criminal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Pawn 17 posted:

Trump is giving him a run for his money in just a couple months, but until he starts a few wars and tanks the economy, bush is still worse.

Donald Trump is not competent enough to tank the economy.

• Locked thread