Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PoultryGeist
Feb 27, 2013

Crystals?
The Pale Witch, Haunt of the Margun Bogs, Singer of the Secret Names, The Seventh Sister, Queen of the Divas, The Lady, AKA the Harbinger

“Apologies, but you humble servant will be speaking for Her Ladyship today. If She were to use Her voice for something so mundane as an interview, it would upset the magical humours.

But yes it is true that She, along with Her six sisters, were summoned to our world from beyond time and space by the ancient Empire and served it. When the Empire fell, they settled to rule various domains by dint of their own power. My Lady chose to rule the vast Margun Bogs, home of my people the Vulf. When Valion arose the first time, he came to each of the Seven to rebind them in the name of the ancient oaths, but My Lady refused.

As punishment Her sisters cursed the Bogs, making them a dark place of woe. She did as much as she could to help the Vulf and other residents, but such endeavors require funds. Which was the genesis of Her modern image. Her lesser Songs prove to be in high demand among the other peoples and nations, and her performances raise funds for helping those fleeing the Bogs.

Myself? Oh I hardly merit a mention. As powerful as My Lady is, she requires the services of one able to concentrate on… mundane matters. My brood has served Her for generations, so I was honored to be chosen to accompany Her into the Outside. I have taken great pains to mimic the ways of the Outside valet, I hope I have done well?”

quote:

Look: Silvery Hair, Whimsical Robes, Cold Eyes, Odd Jewelry
Agenda: Fulfill The Prophecy - Tell us about ~the Great Prophecies~ and do your best to fulfill them.
Stats: Blood-1 Courage+1 Grace+2 Sense=0 Wisdom=0 Doom+2
What is a Harbinger
Servants of the Dark: The Harbingers are so-called because they herald the coming of the Overlord, and they serve the Overlord in all ways. You are a renegade to your people, outcast, but you still command the same terrifying powers they do. You do not need to pay a price to show others why they Do Not Trifle With Wizards.
Harbinger Core
Doomed Soul
The harbingers are keepers of prophecy and magic, and their soul is unlike any other. You have a sixth stat, Doom, and you have an additional +0 to assign between your other stats. When your Doom stat gets damaged, you must immediately damage another one of your stats as well. When you Finish Them by revealing their fate, by using your knowledge of folklore or the prophecies, or with Wizardry, roll +Doom. When you Share this Move with another, their Doom stat is +1. When someone who does not have a Doom stat uses a Move that rolls +Doom, they roll at +0.
Doom and Gloom
Your Doom makes you hard for others to relate to. You can never have more than one Bond with someone, and others can never have more than one Bond with you. This Move cannot be Shared.
Do Not Trifle With Wizards
Your magic is dangerous and powerful, for both you and your enemies. When you conjure a powerful spell to destroy something in your way, pay a price, then take up to three points of damage. You inflict that much damage to your target. You then become exhausted, and roll with Despair for the rest of the scene. Threats to the World and Set Pieces take no damage from this
Move. This Move cannot be Shared.
Wizardry
When you draw upon the magic inherent to your people, choose one option from below. You may use these spells as often as you need to. When you use one of these magical effects, tell us how it manifests - what does it look like, what does it sound like? What do you need to do to make this happen?
-Conjure a soft light, which floats around you.
-Deliver a message through mysterious means.
-Speak, look, or listen as if you were somewhere else that you can see.
-Touch, push, or grab as if you were somewhere else that you can see.
When you Share this Move with another, they choose a single spell from the list. That spell is the only one they can use. You can Share this Move with someone multiple times. Each time you do, they learn another spell.

Harbinger Custom
TBD (Cultural Appreciation for Royal Treatment or Dark and Terrible)

Harbinger Gear
Choose the weapon you brought with you on this journey: The Overlord's Weakness, tucked away inside a bottle or box
Choose your companion, you have one Bond with them: A strange beast, describe it and give it two stats of your choosing
(Murk the Vulf valet: Suave Servant, Natural Born Killer)
Choose your source of magic: The leylines Songs of magic that hold reality together (2 Uses). You can Use this connection to the leylines Songs to access a sealed location, or seal off an accessible location, bending space to accommodate your need.

Initial Bonds
You start with 2 Bonds with the other members of the fellowship. Use these, or make your own:
I am teaching _______ the ways of the world.
_______ will be of great importance in the events to come.
I have done many a favor for _______ .
I once told ______ a magnificent story and they have never forgotten it.
I have trusted _______ with a dark secret.
_______ is the only person who has ever changed a future I foresaw.
I have never met anyone more full of life than _______ .
My prophecies do not scare _______ , and for that I am eternally thankful.
I know the doom that awaits _______ but I cannot bring myself to tell them.
_______ gives me hope for our future.

PoultryGeist fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Mar 31, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PoultryGeist
Feb 27, 2013

Crystals?
The Pale Witch, Haunt of the Margun Bogs, Singer of the Secret Names, The Seventh Sister, Queen of the Divas, The Lady, AKA the Harbinger

Frgrbrgr posted:

Tell me more of your sisters.
The Pale Witch shifts slightly in her sedan chair, and begins to hum. Soon all the crystalline materials in the chamber begin to vibrate, the sound merging into a woman’s voice.

“We are Beyond. External. We have always been and will be. We watched as the Choir and the Voice Sang your existence into being, and remembered the Music. Uncounted ages passed in an instant, and then magisters of the Valantine Empire sought Us out. First they merely asked Us questions, but soon they brought Us forth into your world in magical shells.

We became a hammer for the Empire, sent to deal with their most troublesome foes. They thought that We carried out our orders because We were bound to service, but We are beyond such constraints. The oaths kept Us here and rewarded Us for playing along, but We did what We did because it amused Us.

After the fall of the Empire, We scattered to attend to Our own interests. I lost track of many of My sisters, as We would only occasionally cross paths. The Bound Princess and The Lance-Maiden have both passed through the Bogs in the last century, but They are the only ones I have seen in this age.

At least, until They cursed My domain. Family can be quite a handful, no?”

Frgrbrgr posted:

Which of them has the most to gain from the return of Valion?
The Emerald Phantom. The Lost Sister. The Ghost that Sings. The Siren of Xesemach. She was of all of Us the most interested in the workings of the mortal mind, and took great joy in binding them to Her will. But in the final days of the Valantine Empire, She was defeated by a powerful hero. We are beyond such trivialities as death though, so She survived the shattering of Her corporeal form. She lives on as a Song in the minds of her subjects, reliant on their bodies to carry out Her will. Valion has promised Her to forge Her a new shell upon his victory, as only the power of the Shards can cage Our Music. This gives Her a more personal stake in your power struggles, beyond the trappings of Our ancient oaths.”

PoultryGeist
Feb 27, 2013

Crystals?

Overlord's Bond
-The Lady's people serve me now.

Fellowship Bonds
-I once told Mikhail a magnificent story and they have never forgotten it.
-I know the doom that awaits Mithras but I cannot bring myself to tell them.

-I can count on Murk to handle the necessities.

• Locked thread