Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
Fujiyama Hanako

Hanako brushes the curtain aside as she steps in. She sits down at a table, and says, "Tea, please." She pauses. Meat buns sound good, but did she even have enough for that? She looks over to the mercenaries for a moment, but listens without interrupting. No need to be rude right away. Plus, if they keep talking, she may not need to at all.

Honest, dishonest... the former is preferable, but she's not in a place to be too picky. Will it matter when she's dead? Maybe the tea will help her ponder that, at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Fujiyama Hanako

Raising an eyebrow at the stalk, Hanako takes a sip and tries to relax after a day with the hot sun above and the road's dust below. Exhaling, she sets her tea down. "You said something about it being suicide?", she says dryly, before looking to the soldier's mechanical eye. "What do you know about Lord Takada?", she asks the ronin in soft tones.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Fujiyama Hanako

"Numbers are less important than the spirit of the soldiers behind them.", Hanako says as if trying to convince herself as much as the other mercenaries. She looks down into her tea. "A smarter person than I would make a farm, or fish, or take up being a monk." She looks up with a odd smile. "I'm a fool to let my blade lead me around, but... it's all I have left."

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Fujiyama Hanako

Hanako is quiet, sipping her tea. She exhales after a moment, and then rises, putting her coin on the table. Everything she wants to say sounds petulant or rude in her mind. I should be already dead. You don't know who I am. I've lost everything. "Thank you for the information.", she settles on crisply, and bows slightly. "Good luck." With that, she steps out, trying to leave the mercenary's words behind at the teahouse. Hopefully, she can make the castle by nightfall.

• Locked thread