Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Rad

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Good times. Your wife is very small, can't even see her in that photo.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
I'm practicing my welding skills. Getting an Auto-darkening welding mask made a huge difference.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Picked up some OT today

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWU8zNIO-iw

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Super rad

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

Is nobody gonna say it?

From a few years ago, still applies:

Weather was a total bust - high pressure cap kept everything out of DFW proper. There's a tornado watch for the next county over (and I'm only a couple of miles outside of that county), but I'm at the far, far eastern edge of DFW. Lots of wind, that was about it.

Seems like the wind hosed with my power though... came home and the UPSs for both the PC and the modem/router were off. PC UPS is good for ~15 minutes, modem/router UPS is good for >1 hour. I'd left my kitchen light on too (usually leave it on unless I'm sleeping, partly to give the impression someone's home if I'm gone, partly because it lights up the living room pretty well), it's totally dead now. Guessing the (probably original from the 80s) ballast got nuked. Logs from the PC's UPS show an overvoltage event and a power failure event around 7:45am.

e: bunch of tornado warnings just went up, but they're east of me.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Apr 29, 2017

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Dammit, Indycar (midgets), stop catching fire and crashing

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Picked up some OT today

Some great memories at PIR, before those assholes paved over the road course. :argh:

Job security. :v:

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

Weather was a total bust - high pressure cap kept everything out of DFW proper

Maybe I spoke too soon.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?

The Locator posted:

Good times. Your wife is very small, can't even see her in that photo.

My wife is a jacked straight man.

We had so much fun we mostly forgot to take any pictures.

I LIKE SAILING

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Adiabatic posted:

I LIKE SAILING

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7khQNR7s1Ho

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Won't lie, was expecting The Redneck Yacht Club.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

Yee fuckin haw I'm gonna be out driving in this poo poo all day. Guess I don't need to bother showering before I go to work. :v:

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

From a few years ago, still applies:

Weather was a total bust - high pressure cap kept everything out of DFW proper. There's a tornado watch for the next county over (and I'm only a couple of miles outside of that county), but I'm at the far, far eastern edge of DFW. Lots of wind, that was about it.

Seems like the wind hosed with my power though... came home and the UPSs for both the PC and the modem/router were off. PC UPS is good for ~15 minutes, modem/router UPS is good for >1 hour. I'd left my kitchen light on too (usually leave it on unless I'm sleeping, partly to give the impression someone's home if I'm gone, partly because it lights up the living room pretty well), it's totally dead now. Guessing the (probably original from the 80s) ballast got nuked. Logs from the PC's UPS show an overvoltage event and a power failure event around 7:45am.

e: bunch of tornado warnings just went up, but they're east of me.

Yup.
I just spent all day out at the Texas Motor Speedway for the Pate Swap Meet, and it was half-empty because everyone expected the weather to roar in and destroy everything. Worst we got was a little sprinkle and quite a bit of wind, some of it cold.
*Now* that I'm home the weather looks like it wants to kill us, but according to the radar it all still going around DFW.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Adiabatic posted:

I LIKE SAILING

Sailing is awesome. I wish I could afford to live in San Diego, I'd be one of those dumb-asses who pours all his money into a 90 year old wooden sailboat because they are sexy..

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
:argh: I want a U-Boat!

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

I need to learn how to make my own pizza dough. Have a store bought crust with some Classico pizza sauce, some spinach that was on clearance (expired tomorrow - cooked it down in a little olive oil), and some chopped artichoke hearts. And of course cheese. Should be time for some delish in about 10 minutes.

Darchangel posted:

Yup.
I just spent all day out at the Texas Motor Speedway for the Pate Swap Meet, and it was half-empty because everyone expected the weather to roar in and destroy everything. Worst we got was a little sprinkle and quite a bit of wind, some of it cold.
*Now* that I'm home the weather looks like it wants to kill us, but according to the radar it all still going around DFW.

It's nice and chilly outside, but it's also raining sideways out here (but again.. almost in Rockwall). Power can't decide if it wants to stay on or not.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

So if anyone in Canton was hoping to buy a new Mopar anytime soon...

A tweet from a news station local(er) to that area:

"A man has been found in a pasture in Canton and has been taken to a local hospital. His condition is unknown at this time."

About an hour east of me. 2 radar-indicated sky suckers hit that area tonight. That was the storm that was originally projected to hit DFW. :stonk:

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Apr 30, 2017

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
STOP CRASHING
E: 25 yellow laps in and they're finally moving

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=laAuHrJDMiM

Queen_Combat fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Apr 30, 2017

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
YES!

Successfully cloned the dying drive to the SSD and the laptop is worky again! This gives me some breathing room to put some cash aside for a desktop build.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Adiabatic posted:

I LIKE SAILING

Sailing is loving cool. There's something great about zipping along with no noise but water on the hill.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
A tremendously fat person told me that my lifestyle change, exercising and 15 pound weight loss "isn't healthy."

And I'm just like "bitch, you fat."

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]

Rhyno posted:

A tremendously fat person told me that my lifestyle change, exercising and 15 pound weight loss "isn't healthy."

gently caress em.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

It is beyond me how many loving Americans think being skinny is unhealthy

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

funny Star Wars parody posted:

This person has "independent Beach Body coach" listed under their occupations. She's 5'4" and 200 lbs.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

My wife gets comments like this all the time from overweight women.

I'm fat and no one ever says poo poo. :shobon:

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

We're taking a grand tour up the east coast in June, and I just booked two nights in a cabin right on the ocean in Maine, and I am much excite!

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

I need to learn how to make my own pizza dough. Have a store bought crust with some Classico pizza sauce, some spinach that was on clearance (expired tomorrow - cooked it down in a little olive oil), and some chopped artichoke hearts. And of course cheese. Should be time for some delish in about 10 minutes.

It's nice and chilly outside, but it's also raining sideways out here (but again.. almost in Rockwall). Power can't decide if it wants to stay on or not.

http://slice.seriouseats.com/archives/2012/07/the-pizza-lab-three-doughs-to-know.html

blk
Dec 19, 2009
TIL I'm a poo poo mountain biker - I'm an anxious person in general so I go too slow and don't build the inertia needed to carry myself over obstacles. I need a shot of vodka and a xanax before my next ride.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

So you're somewhere at the far end of this photo, then :v:

A Good Day.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Adiabatic posted:

I LIKE SAILING

Used to have tons of fun on a hobie cat a buddy of mine had, using the trapeze poo poo and everything.

But I start to freak out when I can't see land, gently caress that poo poo.

gimpsuitjones
Mar 27, 2007

What are you lookin at...
'85 Nissan S12 CA18E(?) for $2500NZ. Legal and (apparently) rust free, but rattle-canned black.

Terrible idea or absolutely the worst idea?

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

IOwnCalculus posted:

So you're somewhere at the far end of this photo, then :v:

A Good Day.

Yep!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
My dad has volunteered his garage to house the tools for our idiotic group project car we're going to do locally.

RIP dad's garage.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Rhyno posted:

What. The. gently caress.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

She's just a stupid bitch. I unfriended her so I wouldn't have to see her fat face in my feed.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Can we move on to May yet?

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Can we move on to May yet?

Isn't the May chat thread about 2 weeks overdue at this point?

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Well, being truly skinny is, it's just their calibration of what that actually means needs adjustment. I've met a couple of people (both girls as it happens) who were at the proper "holy poo poo, you look like a zombie" end of the scale, and it's definitely not a good thing.

But that's like 30%+ below what they think "skinny" is, which is "normal human being".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fat_acceptance_movement

I am all for body type acceptance. Everyone should feel comfortable with their body but there are definitely risks when it comes to being overweight.

Rhyno posted:

My dad has volunteered his garage to house the tools for our idiotic group project car we're going to do locally.

RIP dad's garage.

Oooooh what do you have planned?

mariooncrack fucked around with this message at 11:39 on Apr 30, 2017

• Locked thread