Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

mariooncrack posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fat_acceptance_movement

I am all for body type acceptance. Everyone should feel comfortable with their body but there are definitely risks when it comes to being overweight.

I'm not. I got all the excuses and the genetic problems but there is still no loving way I'm becoming the size of a land whale so frankly the fat acceptance idiots can go gently caress right off.

You dont reach 200kgs without either a loving huge medical issue or horror genetics (which I accept 1% of people really do.... and I'm proof you can overcome family fat rear end history but I do accept thats not always possible mentally or physically) but frankly if most people who get huge are honest with themselves they eat too goddamn much or they lounge on the couch all day. Or both.

BOOTSTRAPS!!! economics is bullshit but BOOTSTRAPS!! fitness isnt. The fat acceptance movement is making excuses for their own hosed up poor life choices most of the time. And let me make it clear again, if you have a genuine medical / mental issue I have sympathy and I understand it's probably not possible. But if you are a idiot that stuffs 50 slices of pizza with 3 litres of soft drink all the while watching some poo poo reality TV show..... turn the loving TV off, put down the pizza and go for a drat walk already. Stop making excuses before you have your first heart attack at 40 and your lifestyle caused diabeties fucks you up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

blk posted:

TIL I'm a poo poo mountain biker - I'm an anxious person in general so I go too slow and don't build the inertia needed to carry myself over obstacles. I need a shot of vodka and a xanax before my next ride.

I just started biking and am the same way. I also target fixate so my last ride beat the poo poo out of me. Just need to keep practicing and get more comfortable on a bike and get used to riding at speed and looking ahead.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Adiabatic posted:

I LIKE SAILING
Never tried sailing a 'real' boat but I loved spending the day on our little sunfish boat when I was young. I'd spend the whole day going back and forth across that little lake.

blk posted:

TIL I'm a poo poo mountain biker - I'm an anxious person in general so I go too slow and don't build the inertia needed to carry myself over obstacles. I need a shot of vodka and a xanax before my next ride.
I'm the same on a dirt bike, very slow and careful of tire placement. Switched to a trials bike where slow is good

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

mariooncrack posted:

Oooooh what do you have planned?

The majority idea is a Might Car Mods style build over a two month time period. We're looking for a car, I'm pushing for a budget hit hatch.

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...

Rhyno posted:

The majority idea is a Might Car Mods style build over a two month time period. We're looking for a car, I'm pushing for a budget hit hatch.

I can't wait for Mighty Car Mods to branch out into non-car related videos for shits and giggles, so I can call them Might Mod Cars.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

mariooncrack posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fat_acceptance_movement

I am all for body type acceptance. Everyone should feel comfortable with their body but there are definitely risks when it comes to being overweight.

Oooooh what do you have planned?

I'm all about fat acceptance. I accept that I am fat. :v:

Actually down about 6lb this week. Once you actually start writing down what you eat, it's pretty easy to identify where all the extra calories are coming in.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Welp, 5 confirmed dead (so far, with a lot of people missing) from that storm last night. :stare: Really glad the worst of it missed DFW now! One of the tornadoes was a big rear end wedge tornado, which is what hit my immediate area a year and a half ago, killing 11.

Rhyno posted:

A tremendously fat person told me that my lifestyle change, exercising and 15 pound weight loss "isn't healthy."

And I'm just like "bitch, you fat."

I see you've met my mother - who outweighs me by a decent amount despite being 5'2.

She also swears I "don't eat enough to keep a bird alive". No... I just take the time to savor the taste of each bite instead of wolfing the entire plate down in 5 minutes (then bitching about how overfull she is). Inhaling the entire plate is how I got up to 230 at one point (which doesn't sound that heavy until you realize I'm 5'7 - 230 for me is a 40" waist). Sitting around 190 now, which has me around a 34" waist. My doctor wants me down to 155-160, which I agree with. Mom, of course, claims "no that's too skinny, your doctor doesn't know what they're talking about - you're too skinny now!".

</rant>

Thanks for that.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

Can we move on to May yet?

:getin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSzgwCql_mo

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

NitroSpazzz posted:

Never tried sailing a 'real' boat but I loved spending the day on our little sunfish boat when I was young. I'd spend the whole day going back and forth across that little lake.

IMO that's as 'real' as sailing gets. Just you, the wind, the water on your little boat. Good stuff.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

InitialDave posted:

Well, being truly skinny is, it's just their calibration of what that actually means needs adjustment. I've met a couple of people (both girls as it happens) who were at the proper "holy poo poo, you look like a zombie" end of the scale, and it's definitely not a good thing.

But that's like 30%+ below what they think "skinny" is, which is "normal human being".

Idk I used to be 6'0 135lbs and I never heard anything about it being unhealthy until I moved to the US and some fat lady yelled at me in Costco for wearing pants that were a bit too saggy

I've gained a lot of weight since then :v:

Sinestro
Oct 31, 2010

The perfect day needs the perfect set of wheels.
I'm 5' 11" and 195 pounds, but I've got visible ribs. Clearly nothing is wrong, and this just means that I'm too skinny.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

May Chat Thread: Alonso skips a race to join a circus.

meatpimp fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Apr 30, 2017

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

I need to learn how to make my own pizza dough. Have a store bought crust with some Classico pizza sauce, some spinach that was on clearance (expired tomorrow - cooked it down in a little olive oil), and some chopped artichoke hearts. And of course cheese. Should be time for some delish in about 10 minutes.
Oven on as high as it goes, pizza stone in the oven if you're doing flat crust.

1 can of Cento San Marzano tomatoes (yellow can), drained (get the watery stuff out, just want the whole peeled tomatoes)
4 or 5 cloves of garlic
15 fresh basil leaves
salt, pepper to taste. Blend everything up, add tomato paste if it's too watery. You want a pretty thick sauce with little additional moisture.

1 cup of King Arthur bread flour
1 packet Fleischman's 'Pizza Yeast'
2/3 cup water, brought to 120 degrees F
1 tsp of white sugar
maybe 3/4s tsp of salt, I do about 7 or 8 twists of a salt grinder, it's easy to undersalt the crust.
maybe half a tsp of olive oil, I do a couple squirts from a standard condiment bottle

mix the flour, sugar, salt & yeast for about a minute to make sure they're all combined. gradually add the water as you mix the dry ingredients into it by hand, adding the oil and then sprinkling maybe another 1/4 - 1/2 cup of flour in until it's dry enough to mix into a ball (this will take about 3-5 minutes)

Once it's mixed together well, knead it for 4 minutes, folding the dough over on itself and sealing it together to create the puffy air bubbles in the crust when it bakes, then gather it up into a ball and tuck all the loose pieces in, put it in the mixing bowl and sprinkle with olive oil and seal with plastic wrap, let it rise on the warming oven for 3-5 minutes.

Pull your hot stone out of the oven, stretch the dough into your flat crust and spread on the stone, allowing the crust to parbake on the stone as you spread it out thin & even and add the toppings & cheese.

Add sauce (2 or 3 tablespoons ought to do it for a thin crust)
Add toppings. Less is more, if you go overboard it will make the crust soggy. I do about 3 large white mushrooms, one slice of precooked ham per 12" pizza. Remove as much moisture from everything as you can as you go (press it with a paper towel).

Crumble on fresh (not the dry shredded stuff) mozzarella. 3 or 4 half inch slices from a standard mozz log is about right. It probably takes 3 minutes to build the pizza on the stone, this is normal.

rub the exposed rim of the crust with olive oil, salt it, and throw it in on the middle rack for 5-ish minutes or until the cheese is melted and carefully lifting the crust shows you starting to get char marks on the bottom.

Add fresh basil and serve.

Takes me like 45 minutes from start to finish, the sauce mixture makes about 4-5 pizzas. These are a couple I've made in the last few weeks.

Pan crust, just push your dough into a cool cast iron skillet, add twice as much sauce and toppings, and cook for 8-10 mins/until the lower part of the side crust is golden brown.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

funny Star Wars parody posted:

Idk I used to be 6'0 135lbs and I never heard anything about it being unhealthy until I moved to the US and some fat lady yelled at me in Costco for wearing pants that were a bit too saggy

I've gained a lot of weight since then :v:
Yeah, I'm talking about people that look like they just got out of a concentration camp, not "someone get that girl a sandwich".

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

I went to a friend's 40th birthday party this weekend. We were told to go to a specific location in the city (where most tourist busses drop off and pick up), to wait for a bus, and that "we would know it when we saw it".

This beautiful beast pulled up, and the driver started clearing out empty cans, broken plastic cups and other detritus from the bachelor party the bus had been hosting earlier that day. Instantly we knew that this was our bus :v:

Yes, that is a goddamn open rear deck on a ~35 year old Volvo bus, with a huge-rear end stereo and a disco ball (of course). The bus is cheerfully named "Boris Jeltsin", as an homage to his drunken escapades.

(That's a chute for dumping empty cans and bottles in a huge bin in the trunk. Because safety is among our priorities!)

The driver did ask us to not use the rear deck while on the motorway. I can't imagine why.

The stereo was pretty banging inside as well, which we made good use of to blast metal all the way through Copenhagen and on the motorway and back roads to my friend's place. We did get some rather quizzical looks on the way, and we pulled into his driveway just as Heathen Horde by Ensiferum transitioned into Painkiller by Judas Priest :rock:

Best. Bus. Ever.

I want to ride Boris Jeltsin everywhere I go now. Ordinary public transport feels so pedestrian now that I've experienced true greatness.

And of course the birthday was great too. My friend lives out in the middle of goddamn nowhere, so we just fired up the barbecues and turned Boris' stereo ALL the way up. It was awesome, but I feel like I need another weekend to recuperate after this one.

KozmoNaut fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Apr 30, 2017

Oldsmobile
Jun 13, 2006

Awesome party bus.

Hey, back on the subject of run flat tires. What's that system called, where they put a plastic thing inside the tire on top of the rim. And you can presumably use regular tires with it.

Is that still even a thing?

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

DJ Commie posted:

I can't wait for Mighty Car Mods to branch out into non-car related videos for shits and giggles, so I can call them Might Mod Cars.

Ummmm......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVvFsUplDtw

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof
Bye April! You've been a good month, but I'm ready for some sweet sweet Mayday!

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

SOMEONE FORGOT TO CLOSE THE APRIL THREAD

YOU'RE LUCKY I'M COOL CUZ I'M DURNK ENOUGH TO POST DIC PICS BUT I WON'T BECAUSE I LOVE MY SA ACCOUNT AND DON'T WANT TO PAY FOR ALL MY poo poo AGAIN.

I LOVE YOU GUYS.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

OMG SOMEBODY STOP ME I'M A TIME TRAVELER

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

I HEARD THIS poo poo CAUSES PARKINSONS

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

WAIT THAT'S NO JOKE I WILL BUY YOU PLAT IF YOU KILL RUSH LIMBAUGH

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

Ok sorry I'm done plz don't probate me.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Adiabetic pls do the needful

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

I said I was done man be cool.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

The gently caress is going on over here?

I LEAVE YOU KIDS ALONE FOR 1 MINUTE AND YOU START THIS poo poo?! I'M GONNA WHOOP YOUR ASSES!!!1!

sorry I turned into my next door neighbor for a moment

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

funny Star Wars parody posted:

Adiabetic pls do the needful

NARC

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

I already have plat anyway.

... for now. :ohdear:

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

ELON MUSK APPRECIATION STATION IN HERE

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

the needful is closing the thread not banning someone jeez!

IOwnCalculus posted:

ELON MUSK APPRECIATION STATION IN HERE

start practicing with the shakeweight i hear it does wonders for endurance training

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Yes... yes it do*NNNNGGGGHHHHH*

.... I'll be back in a bit.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....

Agreed. This was glory and awesomeness.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

Not even gay but gettin a sympathy semi.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

DRUNK LIVES MATTER.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

LloydDobler posted:

Not even gay but gettin a sympathy semi.

ehhhh I'm not really into beefcake, he doesn't do poo poo for me. :smith:

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

If you like tubby car goon dudes boy have i got a treat for you.

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

LloydDobler posted:

DRUNK LIVES MATTER.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

LloydDobler posted:

If you like tubby car goon dudes boy have i got a treat for you.

maybe I do!

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 04:46 on May 11, 2017

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

How the gently caress does that get enough traction to wheelie with those cute little tires?

maybe I do!

lol cute little tires

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Damnit you quoted me as I was editing. :argh:

• Locked thread