Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Juri is a gaming sex icon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

net cafe scandal posted:

Juri is a gaming sex icon.

Hear, hear

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Fightmenm
vgc

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Wormskull posted:

Holy Crap.

i knew the immediate next post was going to be this lol

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

In Training posted:

Punk Juri is spicy AF tho.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

The name's Victor Sullivan.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Is there a bracket yet?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Kongming posted:

Is there a bracket yet?

http://challonge.com/tournaments/signup/aQsqBQFqGx

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I updated the OP as well, which I should have done a while ago but it was Spring Break bitches!!

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Hell yeah can't wait for Saturday.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

Hell yeah can't wait for Saturday.

I use Tia and learned one combo. I'm excited as well.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

In Training posted:

I use Tia and learned one combo. I'm excited as well.

Im not sure if I want to use my one combo Tia or if I'm gonna pick Condor instead. Im pumped at how easy the spinning piledriver is to do in this, I spent my childhood never getting it to work with Zangief.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

P-Mack posted:

Im not sure if I want to use my one combo Tia or if I'm gonna pick Condor instead. Im pumped at how easy the spinning piledriver is to do in this, I spent my childhood never getting it to work with Zangief.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SREgKXmdwNU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Tia is going to be the Arina of this tournament. I don't use her.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

P-Mack posted:

His hitboxes are ludicrous

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I have some condor tricks. Can't wait to show them off to the breakers community

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

It's Bob Odenkirk.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I, also, am going to play as Tia since she's newbie friendly.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also because if somebody blocks a st.P you can just a nearly infinite block string it seems. At least that's what was happening to me, her pressure is godlike

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Wormskull posted:

I, also, am going to play as Tia since she's newbie friendly.

Tia>Cammy

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

P-Mack posted:

Tia>Cammy

*hovers over ban button*

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
I was gonna play as Tia but then I repeatedly got my skull brutally caved in by one of the local Brazilians before I could get off the uppercut combo I'd practiced for like 30 minutes.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
id like to play but ill wait till sf3 happens

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

P-Mack posted:

Tia>Cammy

Not to this gamer.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I ain't even started to try learning combos in fightmans yet... I been sort of playing defensive and basic, so I can see how other people play and learn from that. Plus I still haven't quite been able to see where I could actually use a combo anyway, as far as picking out reliable times to bust them out or practicing my Hit Confirming or whatever.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Tomorrow's the big day folks. Who's ready?

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

not me :twisted:

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
I feel ive developed a basic understanding of a few characters so im hoping to at least get to round 2 before i get eliminated from jump kicking into an orb 20 times

White Genocide
Feb 22, 2010

cool!!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

Tomorrow's the big day folks. Who's ready?

I'm really bad at breakers but I'm excited to play because like 2 normal counter hits can do 50% damage

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Brackets gonna be locked soon ish. Approx 3 hours to the big event! training now on fightcade for the rest of the day

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Live here with pregames - https://www.twitch.tv/in_training

Bracket is locked and loaded - http://challonge.com/IZFGC2

Kongming will be slightly late but he said he should be there after 15 minutes after start so we can work around it. Gonna be hype! for breakers revenge.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

https://clips.twitch.tv/NurturingSucculentTomatoHotPokket

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
Good tourney & congrats to Evil Eagle

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Really great games everyone. I think this time Ill upload the whole thing to youtube for posterity's sake.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Condor is my man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

He made me epically salty after getting 3-0 in the first set of Grnad Finals.

• Locked thread