Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Pope Corky the IX posted:

EDIT: Watching the most recent OSW Review episode of Destination X 2007 and Jeremy Borash used to be kinda cute. That's loving depressing.

It also reminded me that the Outlaws (sorry, VKM) used to be misogynist faces with a really rapey theme song. Russo loving hates women.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

They also reminded me that like, a week after the WWE banned chair shots to the head, TNA responded by having Homicide blast Rob Terry in the head with one.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Pope Corky the IX posted:

I can't find the video on YouTube right now, but it wasn't that simple. There was actually an entire segment where Bischoff, Flair, Hogan, and maybe someone else(?) all taunted the "Official TNA Doctor" and then laughed him out of the room when he tried to inform them that concussions, and specifically chairshots, were incredibly dangerous. And then the very next match was the Homicide/Terry debacle to which you're referring.

I really hope Rob Terry is okay these days.

Are you sure you're not mixing that up with the Ken Anderson concussion storyline? The one where Jeff Hardy(who was high out of his mind) blasted him in the back of his head with a chair has you had concerned citizen Matt Morgan, who had previously be booting people's heads into ring posts, come to his aid to tell us how serious concussions are.

This, of course, was happening at the same time Eric Young was having his comedy concussion angle where he suffered a head injury and went from being a serious heel to a crazy wacky comedy face.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Is there any gimmick sadder than "this guy is a can't miss prospect with all the tool to succeed"?

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

New Nexus was okay.

• Locked thread