Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Boy, March sure was a month for video games, wasn't it? But wait, there's more!

Big Games
  • Persona 5 - April 4
  • Yooka-Laylee - April 11th
  • Dragon Quest Heroes II - April 25th
  • Puyo Puyo Tetris - April 25th
  • Syberia 3 - April 25th
  • Little Nightmares - April 28th

Also, it's April Fool's Day! There have been a few good ones so far.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2x8c-RFGnA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZJxYLoun7g
And this one, from Nintendo.
https://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/ajjj/0401/index.html

e:

Grapplejack fucked around with this message at 13:51 on Apr 9, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wohoTD_2iIk

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Heyoooo chat thread :) Hope everyone is having a good day, new and old posters alike!

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

:laffo: at that thread title, thank you Grapplejack!

I'm relaxing tonight by watching some really old-school anime Exkaiser, with plans to return to Bangkok for some Hitmanning in a bit~

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

StrixNebulosa posted:

:laffo: at that thread title, thank you Grapplejack!

I'm relaxing tonight by watching some really old-school anime Exkaiser, with plans to return to Bangkok for some Hitmanning in a bit~

Just curious if you don't mind me asking, what time zone are you in? I ask because I don't have a normal sleep schedule and it seems like I always see you around here past midnight my time (PDT).

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

Can somebody please explain those april fools jokes to me, I'm not wise on these japanese gaming gags.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

Just curious if you don't mind me asking, what time zone are you in? I ask because I don't have a normal sleep schedule and it seems like I always see you around here past midnight my time (PDT).

I don't mind at all! I'm in EST, and I'm nocturnal - and lucky I can stay this way for now. I'll hit bed in a couple hours, probably.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I don't get the title :(

e: never mind, I'm bad and skipped past the OP

Jay Rust fucked around with this message at 10:11 on Apr 1, 2017

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Jay Rust posted:

I don't get the title :(

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I don't get any of these. :(

Capcom did this:

You must defeat him to stand a chance.

Xeremides
Feb 21, 2011

There Diomedes aimed and stabbed, he gouged him down
his glistening flesh and wrenched the spear back out
and the brazen god of war let loose a shriek, roaring,
thundering loud as nine, ten thousand combat soldiers
shriek with Ares' fury when massive armies clash.
It's looking like Bayonetta is coming out for PC this month, too.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Help Im Alive posted:

There's already a thread who do you think you are

April Chat Thread - Blue Version

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Don't forget Mario Kart 8 Deluxe coming on the 28th for Switch!

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Happy switchday to my good friend, hyper puma

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Persona 5 is almost upon us.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Red Bones posted:

Can somebody please explain those april fools jokes to me, I'm not wise on these japanese gaming gags.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

https://twitter.com/jeffgerstmann/status/847913284971896832

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Red Bones posted:

The Arika video is ginned up to look like a fake game announcement about a new Street Fighter EX game, with the text even exclaiming "This is an April fools joke!" but the real joke is that the game is real and they hosted a livestream yesterday ofnpeople playing it and it looks better than SFV.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The only fighting game I care about is Injustice 2. After Mortal Kombat X I don't think I can play any other fighting games from a developer that is not Nether Realm. Street Fighter V was horrible and ruined Capcom for me. Plus fighting games in general just lack content and then Mortal Kombat X comes along and shows that a fighting game can in fact be deep and have a lot to do beyond just competitive online play.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I am really excited for Injustice 2. I loved the first one and really dug that it had all sorts of single-player content (barely touched the multi, actually).

I wanted to like Mortal Kombat X but it was too gory for me :ohdear:

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

What does everyone dislike so much about SFV? I'm asking from a position of total ignorance--I'm not much of a fighting games player myself. I'll play casually at a friend's house or something but the last time I actually bought a fighting game was Persona 4 Arena I think.

Well, also Smash Bros, but that's a special case because I'm mostly in that so that I can be Mario and punch Cloud Strife.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I think if you are mainly focused on competitive play SFV is probably OK? But the fact they rushed it to release for the pro circuit with a lot of features missing soured a lot of people who bought it on release.

Also in the last thread I mentioned the competition for Best Video Game Cat 2017, I forgot that Injustice 2 is in the running, this year is pretty fierce
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emk6aU-3UZU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I was really sad I didn't get into the Injustice 2 beta. Absolutely buying the $100 edition for all 8 DLC characters.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yewHl_TcOE8

best review of Mass Effect Andromeda.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

SF4 and 5 are really dull games. And the art direction for both is completely horrendous. Gouken and Akuma look like they're Meat Boys disguised as humans.

I've been messing about in Metroid Fusion and Metroid Zero Mission endgame, gathering all the items, and both of them suffer from the same problem where there's way too many power bomb pickups and you can only get most of them way too late in the game. It's especially bad in Zero Mission since you only get them once Mother Brain is dead, but in both games it feels kind of like padding the item count, especially since you don't really have a use for power bombs in any boss battles or anything like that.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Harrow posted:

What does everyone dislike so much about SFV? I'm asking from a position of total ignorance--I'm not much of a fighting games player myself. I'll play casually at a friend's house or something but the last time I actually bought a fighting game was Persona 4 Arena I think.

Well, also Smash Bros, but that's a special case because I'm mostly in that so that I can be Mario and punch Cloud Strife.

They tried to make the game acccesible by making every character exactly the same, boring to play and low damage. On top of that it's really ugly and incredibly expensive. The only reason anybody even cares to pretend about it is Capcom's insane esports push, because there's money in mildly giving a crap about SFV. A lot of the best SFV players in the world admit that they don't like the game at all, but when there's hundreds of thousands in prize money floating around they'd be dumb not to show up.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It was also basically an early access game. They're releasing a patch this month that adds some features they had advertised during the open beta in September 2015

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mSzJj1c1z0

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Remember to take fifteen-minute breaks for every hour of gaming, friends.

Game on!

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

yooka laylee looks so bad

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

oddium posted:

Snake Pass looks pretty good!

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

oddium posted:

Well it is a spiritual successor to Banjo-Kazooie so that's expected

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I finished AC: Brotherhood lol these games are so loving dumb *immediately starts Revelations*

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Andrast posted:

Well it is a spiritual successor to Banjo-Kazooie so that's expected

No matter how many times people say things like this, you can't retroactively make Banjo Kazooie not a great game.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Lurdiak posted:

No matter how many times people say things like this, you can't retroactively make Banjo Kazooie not a great game.

Sure I can

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Andrast posted:

Sure I can

You should get to work on telling everyone how bad Mario Galaxy is next.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Lurdiak posted:

You should get to work on telling everyone how bad Mario Galaxy is next.

It's one of the best games ever made though?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Andrast posted:

It's one of the best games ever made though?

Yes, that was my point.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Lurdiak posted:

Yes, that was my point.

It's not my fault you have bad taste in games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

We didnt even make it a full page without a lurdiak fight

• Locked thread