Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

corn in the bible posted:

It's a fun game actually though

I mean if I wanted a janky game set in space i'd just play X3, which is also like only ten dollars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
I'm the EYE DIVINE CYBERMANCY fans attacking a game for having silly bad animations

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

The White Dragon posted:

oh no, i love malwarebytes but it updated the other day and now my web exclusions list isn't working.

the only site i exclude is discord :(

adpril fools

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Grapplejack posted:

I mean if I wanted a janky game set in space i'd just play X3, which is also like only ten dollars.

X3 is not a fun game

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

X3 is the only sandbox space sim i've ever truly enjoyed. Is Star Citizen still in development?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

I'm the EYE DIVINE CYBERMANCY fans attacking a game for having silly bad animations

I'm pretty sure they're attacking andromeda because it's the 4th game in a series by a AAA developer with titles that were nowhere near as bad animation-wise up until that point

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Me:a animations were outsourced to Romania to save money by EA's managers and bioware's us artists were turned away when they asked to work on them. This coming from a youtuber with several bioware sources that have helped him leak news before. https://youtu.be/42-3GCq6gqo

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

FirstAidKite posted:

I'm pretty sure they're attacking andromeda because it's the 4th game in a series by a AAA developer with titles that were nowhere near as bad animation-wise up until that point

They're way funnier now and it's great

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

They're way funnier now and it's great

I don't think anyone is saying they aren't funny

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

I thought the point of videogames was to have fun but the internet showed me it was to get really mad and send people death threats

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Now that I'm home from hospital I'm debating between playing the new season of D3 and playing Destiny since I haven't played its latest expansion

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

It's a fun game actually though

Rich doesn't care, he's still upset about Mass Effect 3.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

rich evans is bad

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
goofy animations are pretty good when your video game isn't attempting to set up a serious atmosphere with characters who don't look like malfunctioning animatronics

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

oddium posted:

rich evans is bad

He can be funny sometimes but also it's sad seeing him say racist poo poo and then be like "what? it's not racist, it's true!!"

Good point keep talkin
Sep 14, 2011

Zaphod42 posted:

The reason why it was received so well was because of the sea shanties.

Sea Shanty Simulator was okay.

This guy is my fav

Hell yeah. I also got a plush Plague Knight and headcrab, but my cacodemon is the best.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

rain world: it's a good game and I'm good at it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkFOnszdRiU

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I've heard a lot of mixed things, but the game looks super pretty.

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

I don't think I can finish Trio of Towns in 3 days :sweatdrop:

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Goddamn Skyrim has a lot of content. I was going to see some guys who would teach me to yell like a Dragon, bu there was a troll blocking my path so instead I became a werewolf and am now helping the plucky little thieves guild get back on it's feet.

And they released expansions for this? How much would someone have to play before they finished all the content in the base game and then wanted more? It's crazy

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Guy Goodbody posted:

Goddamn Skyrim has a lot of content.

content is a strong word

mutata
Mar 1, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 21 hours!
Skyrim is good and fun.

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER
it'd be cool if BGS announced what their next game is at the Bethesda E3 showcase. I'd be okay with that.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
You can play Andromeda for hours and not see any animation issues beyond minor characters being a bit stiff but you can't go five minutes with having issues with the poorly designed UI.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

ok something awful thread, someone bought me nier automata as an april fool's day gift because i'm a huge rear end in a top hat. should i play a bunch of doom 2016 out of nothing but vindictive spite?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Even after watching that Giant Bomb clip of like 40 janky animations in the same quest, I think I could live with that...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmYgUhXDDio

But not all the transition and loading screens they force you to sit through for every single step you take. That really looked like a dealbreaker to me

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Cowcaster posted:

ok something awful thread, someone bought me nier automata as an april fool's day gift because i'm a huge rear end in a top hat. should i play a bunch of doom 2016 out of nothing but vindictive spite?

Can you regift Steam gifts?

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

But not all the transition and loading screens they force you to sit through for every single step you take. That really looked like a dealbreaker to me

They did a good job minimising loading on the planets or on the ship itself but then go and gently caress it up massively when you want to travel from one planet to another. The worst part is that some clearly aren't actually loading screens and are just there to pad out the time.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Cowcaster posted:

don't cut yourself on that edge cowcaster

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

eehhh check it out one of the goirls gave me this here Hamlet to read

[rest of the greasers boo and groan]

i know boys i know but just hear me out... what if it IS nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Even after watching that Giant Bomb clip of like 40 janky animations in the same quest, I think I could live with that...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmYgUhXDDio

When you're actually doing a mission there's little to no loading.sadly traveling is not... so good.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Some of the quests in Nier Automata are a little weird to me, 7 hours in. I got one where I'm supposed to hunt down some traitors, which are highlighted by three large red areas on the map. But when I fully explore all three areas I can't find anything. A couple of quests have been like this where it's been incredibly confusing trying to ascertain where the map actually wants me to go.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

That particular quest I think is bugged because where you need to go isn't actually in one of the marked zones

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

https://twitter.com/CDPROJEKTRED/status/848082511846625280
e:
http://www.japanesenintendo.com/post/159048366649

Grapplejack fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Apr 2, 2017

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Nate RFB posted:

Some of the quests in Nier Automata are a little weird to me, 7 hours in. I got one where I'm supposed to hunt down some traitors, which are highlighted by three large red areas on the map. But when I fully explore all three areas I can't find anything. A couple of quests have been like this where it's been incredibly confusing trying to ascertain where the map actually wants me to go.

Look around the one that is on the way to the factory, I'm pretty sure it starts around there.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Nate RFB posted:

Save and reload your game

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
I swear the most difficult part of playing Dark Souls is when you spend a few hours making a gimmick character and then think of a better one four hours in. With the new DLC, I just realized that the Earthen Peak area would be perfect for a Don Quixote styled invader. I reset my file literally yesterday though :negative:

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

tap my mountain posted:

Look around the one that is on the way to the factory, I'm pretty sure it starts around there.

I thought it started on the roof that you land on when you first arrive in the city.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

it started for me under the bridge near the factory

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Poops Mcgoots posted:

I thought it started on the roof that you land on when you first arrive in the city.

They never went there at all in my game. They only appeared on the way to the factory and then on top of the Engels.

• Locked thread