Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who was YOUR Champion for March, 2017?
This poll is closed.
:smugwizard: Bray Wyatt (WWE Champion) 14 11.11%
:homebrew: Kazuchika Okada (IWGP Heavyweight Champion) 10 7.94%
:alexa: Alexa Bliss (Smackdown Women's Champion) 8 6.35%
Kevin Owens (FORMER WWE Universal Champion) 5 3.97%
:killdozer: Goldberg (WWE Universal Champion) 11 8.73%
:kakashi: Io Shirai (World of Stardom Champion) 30 23.81%
:kamina: YAMATO (Open the Dream Gate Champion) 0 0%
:glomp: Bayley (WWE Women's Champion) 8 6.35%
Adam Cole (FORMER ROH World Champion) 0 0%
:regd10: Christopher Daniels (ROH World Champion) 30 23.81%
:anime: Bobby Lashley (TNA World Heavyweight Champion) 5 3.97%
:chillpill: Chill Out and Vote None of the Above 5 3.97%
Total: 126 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Last month saw the spooky swamp wizard Bray Wyatt win the poll and become Rowdy Ringsports' favorite pro-wrestling Champion. The wheels were arguably already coming off his title feud towards the end of the month but his win and the early weeks of his reign were strong enough to carry him through.

As always, Champions are mostly chosen on a combination of accessibility, prestige/notoriety and by overwhelming popular request. There is no hard and fast rule for what qualifies as an "eligible" Champion because that way madness lies - we'd either have 4 poll options or 45. For promotions where lengthy periods of time pass with no title defenses, promos, appearances, shows etc (such as PWG/Lucha Underground) those champions will be dropped from the poll for that period only, then return when once again relevant. NXT is still at this current time a Development Brand only, and neither of its top Champions are included on the monthly poll for that reason. The monthly "None of the Above" option is a valid potential "winner" and has "won" the poll in the past, feel free to use this as a protest vote if you so wish. The IWGP Intercontinental Champion is no longer included on the poll.

Now onto the eligible contenders for the month just gone. Feel free to make an argument for/against any particular champion you might in this thread.

:smugwizard: Bray Wyatt (WWE Champion) - Bray Wyatt spent the month trying to recover from the betrayal that everybody saw coming from Randy Orton. With the resting place of his idolized Sister Abigail burnt down, Bray seemed at a loss until he revealed that the power that had been contained in her grave was now within him. Smearing his face in the ashes of the fire, Bray warned Randy he was now more powerful than ever and send an army of sheep-masked thugs after Orton. After defeating Luke Harper in a non-title match to end the month, Wyatt was warned by Orton that he intended to remove his link to Abigail and then face him at Wrestlemania man to man. Overblown and ridiculous? Perhaps, but wrestling often is.

:homebrew: Kazuchika Okada (IWGP Heavyweight Champion) - Okada opened the month with a very, very good match against Tiger Mask W. After that, the New Japan Cup took place with the winner free to choose whichever champion he wanted to face. Katsuyori Shibata won that tournament and immediately called out Okada. The two are now set to face off in April the week after Wrestlemania, and it's going to be a hell of a match. But for March, the only one-on-one defense there is to consider is Tiger Mask W, and the build with Shibata that followed.

:alexa: Alexa Bliss (Smackdown Women's Champion) - After winning her title back following Naomi's vacating of the belt, Bliss thought she was going to get a free ride through to Mania. Instead she found that everybody was after her as Daniel Bryan vaguely alluded to her Wrestlemania opponent. Bliss generally still managed to come out on top, but all that changed in the last Smackdown for March when Naomi returned to be inserted into the now official Six-Pack challenge. Can Bliss hold onto her belt or lose it back to the lady who never actually lost it? That's a matter for April, but for now Bliss' March is what you have to consider.

Kevin Owens (FORMER WWE Universal Champion) - After Kevin Owens destroyed Chris Jericho following their Festival of Friendship, he turned his sights on Bill Goldberg. Claiming that he had never been a WCW fan and always considered him an outsider and not as big a deal as the WWF/E guys, Owens insisted he could and would go toe to toe with Goldberg and beat him to retain his title without outside interference. But after delaying getting into the ring as much as possible, Owens was distracted by the arrival of Chris Jericho, and Goldberg immediately hit the spear and jackhammer to take his title away from him in moments.

:killdozer: Goldberg (WWE Universal Champion) - Over a decade after his disastrous first WWE run, Goldberg has returned and booked exactly as he should have been originally. Destroying everybody in his path, taken seriously by everybody, Goldberg has gotten the best of Brock Lesnar in all but one of their encounters. While Lesnar did manage to hit him with an F5 at one point, Goldberg ended the month by just running right through him with a spear in their final confrontation.

:kakashi: Io Shirai (World of Stardom Champion) - Io Shirai continued her lengthy reign as both the World of Stardom champion and one of the best wrestlers in the world with defenses against Kagetsu and Kairi Hojo, as well as competing in several tag matches as part of Queen's Quest. Io also received a WWE tryout recently, as well as the aforementionned Hojo, so it's looking increasingly likely that you may not be able to vote for her anymore soon. Thanks to Junpei Hyde.

:kamina: YAMATO (Open the Dream Gate Champion) - The Almighty managed to get his fourth Dream Key this month as he took down the current injury monster Cyber Kong on 3/5. It took a choke sleeper, an homage back to YAMATO's MMA days, to take out an unmasked and mist-spitting Kong after a bruising matchup. How violent has Cyber Kong been in 2017? Well it has been insinuated that he's taken out Kaito Ishida, Gamma, Masato Yoshino (coughcough probably was shingo before this coughcough) and bruised YAMATO's vocal cords so badly that this title challenge was in doubt. So what's next for the Sexiest and the Coolest Man Alive? Well, we are getting into the heart of Dragon Gate's Big Event season, and for the first time ever he's going to defend the ODG title in the DEAD OR ALIVE cage match against 3 of his 4 previous challengers in Kong, Naruki Doi and BXB Hulk along with the guy he took the title from in Shingo Takagi. So it's going to be a quiet April for YAMATO, but he'll be in the fight of his reign in May. Thanks to NotQuiteQuentin.

:glomp: Bayley (WWE Women's Champion) - Bayley is going into Wrestlemania as the Champion but still somehow the underdog, with open questions about whether she deserved to win. Charlotte has questioned whether Bayley has just been exploited and undermined by her friend Sasha who is just trying to take advantage of her. Nia Jax was thrown into the mix as well and beat up everybody to stand tall at the end of the final Raw for March. It hasn't exactly been a dominating month for Bayley, but maybe she is still your favorite regardless?

Adam Cole (FORMER ROH World Champion) - Adam Cole opened the month with a successful title defence against longtime rival Bobby Fish. But at ROH's 15th Anniversary Show he came up short against of all people Christopher Daniels, ending his historic third ROH title reign.

:regd10: Christopher Daniels (ROH World Champion) - At 45-years-old, Christopher Daniels could be forgiven thinking his days of World Title reigns were over. But at the 15th Anniversary Show for ROH he proved he could still bring it at the cutting edge of excellence, winning his first ever ROH title. Everybody thought his long-time ally Kazarian had turned on him, but Kazarian ended up still being on Daniels side, preventing Adam Cole from using the title belt to cheat a win. Daniels got to face Cole man-to-man and came out on top.

:anime: Bobby Lashley (TNA World Heavyweight Champion) - Lashley ended March still champion of Impact Wrestling, which once again spent most of the month in the news for all the wrong reasons. Lashley didn't exactly cover himself with glory though, as his two opponents - Josh Barnett and Alberto El Patron - could claim they had him beaten and had won the title. Patron actually left with the belt and had to be convinced the next week to return the belt to Lashley. Were these shenanigans enough to put you off voting for Lashley, or are you one of Impact's remaining fans who are actually enjoying the show trying to take place around all the corporate and management missteps?

:chillpill: Chill Out and Vote None of the Above - If you're not particular enamored with any of these options and just wanna sit back, chill and see how the votes turn out, feel free to vote None of the Above.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Voting for Io Shirai, since it'll probably be one of, if not her last on the poll. Also she plays a drat good heel.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Voted for Daniels. His championship win may be a gold watch reign, but so is my vote for him. :colbert:

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

My bae Io.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Io!

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Io Shirai is legitimately one of the best wrestlers in the world right now, and arguably the best on this list.

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
GOLDBERRRRRRRG!

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

I voted for Goldberg because I will never have another chance, but I don't blame anyone who votes for Io or Daniels.

I do blame anyone who votes for anyone other than those two.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Yeah, it's gotta be Shirai here.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Disgusting that I cannot vote for NWA World Historic Welterweight Champion Volador Jr.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Io could take this, and even if she doesn't her nearest competition at the moment is Christopher Daniels so it looks like a first time Champ of the Month is coming.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Where is Southpaw Regional Wrestling Heavyweight Champion Jon Johnson drat it?

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

christopher daniels has been a favorite of mine for so long and he's deserved a world championship reign so i'm giving it to him

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

KungFu Grip posted:

Where is Southpaw Regional Wrestling Heavyweight Champion Jon Johnson drat it?
This is not the March 1987 poll.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

I don't know much about Io Shirai but she seems cool and I also don't really want to vote for anyone else so I'm voting for her. Bye

21 Hoot Salute
Feb 8, 2005

Night-time, turn around
Lonely is the city tonight
Night-time, all around
Lonely in the city tonight

I voted for Bayley because

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

extradite THIS! posted:

I don't know much about Io Shirai but she seems cool and I also don't really want to vote for anyone else so I'm voting for her. Bye

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
Chris goshdang Daniels, c'mon

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

We got us a race here! It's currently tied up between Io and Christopher Daniels.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Come on, just a few more votes for Io.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
I don't normally vote in these polls but Chris Daniels' post-TNA run has been great and he deserves recognition for still being an excellent worker despite all the years and mileage on his career

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

TBH at this point I want an Io/Daniels tie.

Dr. Zoggle
Aug 12, 2006
Go Blue!

Someone link me to some Io Shirai stuff and change my mind about Daniels

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

here comes the spunk posted:

Someone link me to some Io Shirai stuff and change my mind about Daniels

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x570uoc

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

This is the closest poll in a while holy poo poo.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

J-Ru please change my vote to Daniels

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Only three votes in it, this is incredibly close and as always your vote matters!

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values

Jerusalem posted:

Only three votes in it, this is incredibly close and as always your vote matters!

everyone who voted Bray Wyatt is a terrorist

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

I voted for mr daniels to tie the game

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

I voted for mr daniels to tie the game

I think he's technically in the lead because I don't think J-Ru changed my vote.

I actually don't know if that's even a thing mods can do but I remember people asking hulkamatt to do it in the past

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
To be honest, I'd be opposed to doing that just on principle, because changing the results of the poll would cause a ton of chaos, and not the fun kind. Half the thread would be requests for vote changes, and honestly, I'd just be opposed to letting people adjust the vote like that once they've placed one. You can see the results before you vote if you care about placing a vote on someone who has a shot at winning.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Yeah but you're biased towards Io

vvv I don't believe that, sorry vvv

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Apr 6, 2017

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
If you'd asked to change your vote to Io I'd have said the exact same thing.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I voted for Daniels and wish to change my vote to Io.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Or Bray Wyatt. Either works. They're all on the same level

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

I voted for Okada and I reluctantly want to change my vote to Io.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

I would like all their votes changed to Christopher Daniels

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

I'd like Io Shirai to retroactively win every COTM poll.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Junpei Hyde posted:

I'd like HHH to retroactively win every COTM poll.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
I really doubt theres this many people that actually watch joshi matches on this forum

If stardom and the smackdown womens title are on this than there is no reason why NXT's singles titles aren't on these polls or TNA's Knockout title

• Locked thread