Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

biosterous posted:

ig-88 slamming a door in sheev's face was the only cool thing an ig-88 ever did

e: this is the one that was trying to take over the death star

IG-88A

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
The best part of IG-88 Lore is that oral history Thrillist Magazine did of the movie Fanboys where Jay Baruchel described the godawful first draft script that Ernest Cline wrote for the film as "100 pages of IG-88 jokes" before Adam Goldberg came in and did a page 1 rewrite on it to save the film.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
only cool IG unit was Taika Waititi's appearance in The Rendalorian

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Sally posted:

only cool IG unit was Taika Waititi's appearance in The Rendalorian

THis is the way

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

nine-gear crow posted:

godawful first draft script that Ernest Cline wrote

but you repeat yourself

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Psion posted:

but you repeat yourself

That is insanely unfair to Ernest Cline. He's turned in some godawful final drafts too! :v:

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

lmao yeah ok you got me there

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

I’ve been going on a re-reading spree of the legends novels over the past year and half now and having just got through the part where Mara died, That Luke losing his hand twice joke really got me Crow. Bravo for you making the joke and Sally’s timing on releasing this video right after i finished that book yesterday

Mara got done so loving dirty though, gently caress Karen Traviss

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
:hai:

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
also in Shadows of the Empire news, i found somethinges!

some people are making a stop-motion recreation of Shadows of the Empire with action figures on YouTube! Yes, it DOES look like a cheap, humourless Robot Chicken knock-off! but the animation is half-decent for what it is, so that's something.

the voice acting is nooooot great though. there's a part 2 that was recently released. they've only just got to the part where Jix, Vader's agent, joins Big Gizz's swoop gang to spy on Luke. Dash Rendar has made an appearance doing the Gall Spaceport bit.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
it took us nearly an hour to get through gall spaceport in the first go at this LP....

We do it in 21 minutes this time, folks!!

:getin::boom::boom::coolfish::f5::geoduck:

Shadows of the Empire Does Gall Spaceport

:phoneline::phoneline::phoneline::phoneline::phoneline::phoneline::phoneline::phoneline::phoneline:

:shepspends:
:vapes:

:siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren:
:siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren:
:siren:
:siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren:
:siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
The gall of this motherfucker

Hazamuth
May 9, 2007

the original bugsy

I was kind of afraid this run of the shadows would turn out to just be a complete re-hash rendar but luckily my fears were unfound.

Hazamuth
May 9, 2007

the original bugsy

I got so hungry for more that I had to make some of these delicious dash browns

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Hazamuth posted:

AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH

<stops for breath > hahaha

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

that image is incredibly cursed

10/10 dash rendars

painedforever
Sep 12, 2017

Quem Deus Vult Perdere, Prius Dementat.
Rendar unto the Emperor that which is the Emperor's.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

painedforever posted:

Rendar unto the Emperor that which is the Emperor's.

literally the last version of this LP was titled Rendar Unto Xizor

painedforever
Sep 12, 2017

We haven't met Xizor yet in this LP, but we've had plenty of talk about Palpatine...

I wanted to put in a pun about Boba Fett, but that would have been a Dash too convoluted. It would have Rendar-ed the joke too absurd, even for this thread.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Hazamuth posted:

lmao what the fuuuuu hahaha

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
im more upset at myself... after all these years i never thought of "Dash Browns"...

Hazamuth
May 9, 2007

the original bugsy

It was either that or dash brownies and this is sadly a pg-13 thread

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

CLICK THE IMAGE!

or click here: ---> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSFHNb4pMnM

jadsfkjasdklfjncaliwejfmnvakerhgflicwumxkamnjvlcueskrmhxkwjm,esd

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
His shoulder pads look a bit like explosive reactive armour. That would be fun to see.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Luke standing there on his front porch with his lightsaber ignited because he's Luke loving Skywalker so his force sense already told him he had trouble coming and all he sees is Dash climbing out of the pit outside Ben's house for the 3rd time trying to make the sweet jump. Mumbling something about Warthogs and Halos to himself.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

this episode killed me

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Not the best thing to watch after waking up from not quite enough sleep. I think I have a migraine

Hazamuth
May 9, 2007

the original bugsy

Me when I look in the bathroom mirror every morning as part of my 2 hour daily warm up followed by open palm slamming a cartridge of Dash Team Racing into the N64 and right then and there start doing the moves alongside with the main character, Dash Rendar. I do every move and I do every move hard. Makin whooshing sounds when I slam down some imperial bastards or even when I mess up technique. Not many can say they survived the galaxy's most dangerous race. I can. I say it and I say it out loud everyday to people in my college class and all they do is prove people in college class can still be immature jerks. And I've learned all the lines and I've learned how to make myself and my apartment less lonely by shouting them all. 2 hours including wind down every morning.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
lmao the augh

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Hazamuth posted:

Me when I look in the bathroom mirror every morning as part of my 2 hour daily warm up followed by open palm slamming a cartridge of Dash Team Racing into the N64 and right then and there start doing the moves alongside with the main character, Dash Rendar. I do every move and I do every move hard. Makin whooshing sounds when I slam down some imperial bastards or even when I mess up technique. Not many can say they survived the galaxy's most dangerous race. I can. I say it and I say it out loud everyday to people in my college class and all they do is prove people in college class can still be immature jerks. And I've learned all the lines and I've learned how to make myself and my apartment less lonely by shouting them all. 2 hours including wind down every morning.

Lmao 55555

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

The Xizor sex pheromone item in that game was super OP

Hazamuth
May 9, 2007

the original bugsy

The only real solution is to knee him in the nuts, a hard ask when traveling over 60 frames a second through Mos Eisley

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

Is....is this what being on cocaine glitterstim is like?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

bunnyofdoom posted:

Is....is this what being on cocaine glitterstim is like?

Play it at x2 speed and find out :haw:

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

haha, finally looking at this on a bigger screen. cjacobs pointed out the way dash is cradling the trophy and it's perfect

Hazamuth
May 9, 2007

the original bugsy

If the cutscene had lasted a little longer, you could have had Luke handing Dash the trophy at old the old Ben Kenobi's house and crowned him the winner of the Tatooine Cup!

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Now he's gotta go through again and get all the DTR tokens hidden on the track (aka go back and get the challenge points Sally)

painedforever
Sep 12, 2017

The Shame Boy posted:

Now he's gotta go through again and get all the DTR tokens hidden on the track (aka go back and get the challenge points Sally)

With those controls? At that speed? I'm pretty sure this isn't a challenge run. Or a 100% run. Or anything other than Let's Play Shadows of the Empire: ReDasher-ed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
I have it on good authority that the LP is going to get even faster and more unhinged starting not next episode, but the one after that, when we storm Xizor's creepy rape castle.